June 2017 Moms
Options

Say What Saturday - SWS

What's the most insane things someone said to you this week?

Re: Say What Saturday - SWS

• Options
    I'll start. 

A coworked said it will probably be any day now because I looked so gigantic. My boss then asked if i was working on my 3rd or 4th lunch. I was like WTF is happening here. 
  • Options
    Had my grandmother say she thinks this baby will be a 'big' baby. Then the very next day, was in the elevator at the OB's office and someone said "any day now?" at the time I had six weeks to go so NO not any day and this baby has been measuring not big or small, so LEAVE ME AND MY BUMP SIZE ALONE. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kdanjoukdanjou member
    Just constantly hearing "you must be ready!"  Umm, yeah I kinda am but the baby isn't!  She'll come when she's done growing!
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    Cashier at a car wash after she asked what the gender was and I told her that I have a 2 yr old son: "Oh, you should have had girls.  Your boys will grow up and leave you when they get married".  Um... thanks for that...
  • Options
    mtvkv5mtvkv5 member
    Guy in elevator while I'm visiting my dad in the hospital: "Why aren't you on bed rest?"
    Me: "uhhhh"
    Him: "You're gonna walk that baby right out!"
    Me: "actually my doctor says walking is good for me"
    and then the elevator doors opened and saved me.
  • Options
    meilaymeilay member
    Grocery store employee: You look like you're ready to pop! That baby must be coming any day!
    Me: Well I still have 3 weeks. 
    Employee: 3 weeks?! Oh no, you look you're getting ready to deliver that baby right now. Just don't do it here because I have issues with medical stuff. You know, one time my sister...*launches into story about someone else's health issues*** 

So glad I was at self checkout and by the end she wasn't even talking to me anymore. Also, yes my number one reason to avoid having my baby in this Safeway is to protect you from my "medical stuff." 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    JennMof3JennMof3 member
    edited May 2017
    MIL: Wow you're so big, you look ready to have this baby. Much bigger than last week.

Me: oh really huh...I've got 4 weeks left. 

MIL: I don't think you'll make it. 

Me: Well all my kids were late so we'll see
  • Options
    I walked into the office and a co-worker said "you're looking like a big pregnant lady".  My response was a blank stare.

• Options
    c1tym0m22c1tym0m22 member
    edited May 2017
    All of the looks of pity as I walked home in 90 degree heat this week, as well as the "HOW many more weeks?!?!?" comments were balanced out by a 20-something colleague exclaiming, "You look adorable! You have a basketball under your dress and little arms and legs!" I gave her a hug, and told her she made my day. 

Edit to clarify: my limbs aren't particularly little - they're just roughly the same size as normal and must look ridiculous compared to my belly!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    ama7165ama7165 member
    A few weeks ago my grandmother told me I was getting nice and fat. Umm, it's pregnant, not fat!!!

My MIL thinks she knows more than my doctors and apparently knows what the cause of my PIH is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got "you're huge" twice this week.
    Realized I must really be swollen when I heard a student point out my swollen foot to another student. 
    Pregnancy Ticker