July 2017 Moms

*Sunday Ticker Change* 5/21

For everyone due 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: It's the zombie apocalypse. The only thing you have time to grab and use as a weapon is the object immediately to your right. What is it?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: *Sunday Ticker Change* 5/21

• How far along are you? 34 weeks!!

How big is baby? butternut squash, large bag of potato chips, basketball hoop

Upcoming appointments this week? Ob appointment on Wednesday

Any new symptoms or changes? Insomnia is getting worse. I had finally stopped my unisom about a month ago because the nausea had completely subsided but I'm wondering if I should just take it now for sleep. I was up every hour and then completely up at 4 and miserable :(

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: It's the zombie apocalypse. The only thing you have time to grab and use as a weapon is the object immediately to your right. What is it?  My headphones. I'm screwed lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 30 weeks!

How big is baby? Zuccini

Upcoming appointments this week? Yes, CNM tomorrow and doula later this week.

Any new symptoms or changes? Baby kicks are feeling more like she's doing the YMCA.  Alien invasion to the max.

Rants/Raves/Questions? We had a teenage babysitter last night for a date night and DD loved her!  I usually trade off with other mom friends for that kind of thing to save 50 bucks but I'm so glad we found this awesome gal.

GTKY: It's the zombie apocalypse. The only thing you have time to grab and use as a weapon is the object immediately to your right. What is it? DH is to my right!  I might actually survive more than 5 minutes haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is baby? a hard hat

Upcoming appointments this week? OB on Tues.

Any new symptoms or changes?  Feet are swelling, left heel hurts like crazy when I walk, toes go numb, and back hurts :(

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Began the process of opening our pool today...we didn't open it last year, and then the winter cover broke during our snowstorm.  Holy swamp!

GTKY: It's the zombie apocalypse. The only thing you have time to grab and use as a weapon is the object immediately to your right. What is it?  My maternity support belt.  :|
  • How far along are you? 
    34 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Butternut squash

Massage tomorrow!!!!!

Slowing way down. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    A friend from my last BMB mailed me a (new) crotch support belt, and between that and my Earth Mama Bottom Balm, I am feeling sooo much better down there. (How awesome of a friend is she?! Never met IRL but have been "talking" daily for 2+ years.)

GTKY: It's the zombie apocalypse. The only thing you have time to grab and use as a weapon is the object immediately to your right. What is it?

Glass of water :neutral:
  • @manillabar - I'm still talking unisom, just for the sleep benefits 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• rnw2019rnw2019 member
    @manillabar I feel your pain. It was so good to be able to get back to sleep after every bathroom run and after my husband got up in the morning. Now I wake up after like 5 hours of sleep and it takes ~2.5 hours before I can get back to sleep... Had one of those 4am mornings on Saturday. :( 

For everyone due 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30

How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is baby? a naked-tailed armadillo

Upcoming appointments this week? yes, midwife on Thursday

Any new symptoms or changes? insomnia as mentioned. Feeling less able to be active or stand for long periods. I have to rest a lot. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? has anyone done compression tights? I have a pair of calf sleeves that help with swelling, but am wondering about full tights. They sound like overkill, especially now that it's super hot, but the midwife recommended them for avoiding varicose veins. 

GTKY: It's the zombie apocalypse. The only thing you have time to grab and use as a weapon is the object immediately to your right. What is it? haha... My cat. He would probably be zero use helping me out, but would probably survive longer than I would! 
  • @rjoys8 I'm sorry you're suffering too! I think I'm gonna just follow @mslynn2012's lead and go back to the unisom at night for sleep. I can't take much more of this!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• For everyone due 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30
    I'm the 28th but there's no ticker change for Thursday, Friday or Saturday

How far along are you? 
    The big 30!

How big is baby? 
    Motorcycle helmet

OB on Wednesday

Feeling short of breath every time I sit, posture has no impact. Also, super swelling in left foot but pumping and rolling my feet have been helping. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I've starting getting baby shower gifts in the mail but my shower isn't until the end of June. Do I send thank you notes now or wait?

A singing pickle...not kidding. 
  • lph4248lph4248 member
    How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? Celery 

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope

Any new symptoms or changes? I can never think of these in the moment. Oh! More action in my ribs. It's quite uncomfortable, but any movement is good.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I read that abdominal coning is a sign that there's too much pressure in the abdominal region. I notice the coning pretty much every time I engage my abs whatsoever. It's not like I can forgo using my abs at all... but it is a little concerning.

GTKY: It's the zombie apocalypse. The only thing you have time to grab and use as a weapon is the object immediately to your right. What is it? My iPhone... probably would not be of much use for long.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • How far along are you? 33 weeks!

How big is baby? A squash I think. All these weekly veggies kind of seem like they're the same size. 

Upcoming appointments this week? Probably. I have so many different things to go to each week that I don't bother to remember the dates/times anymore, I just look at my phone calendar. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Horrible SPD. It's currently the bane of my existence and I despise it. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? After Tuesday I'm all done work! I'm taking my vacation leave to relax before baby gets here. I'm going to take this time to nest and mentally prepare for the daunting task ahead...sometimes I still can't believe I'm having a baby, let alone 7 weeks from now  :o

GTKY: It's the zombie apocalypse. The only thing you have time to grab and use as a weapon is the object immediately to your right. What is it? I have 2 things to the right of me on top of each other. One is my phone, the other is (appropriately) a book called "Wastelands 2: More Stories of the Apocalypse." I love apocalyptic fiction...but sadly I don't think this book is going to give me much protection from zombies. Maybe I use the tear out the pages, crumple them into balls, and use some sort of projection device to light them on fire and hurl them at the zombies...or I could just get it over with and let them eat my brains. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. 
  • @lph4248 I also have the coning! I didn't realize it had a name. I agree that it's really hard to not engage your abs, especially considering that they're used for just about every movement. 
  • @jkbrownstein Send the notes now, before things get hectic and you never do (or it becomes an awful chore hanging over you). No question!
  • @lph4248 I've had coning since I've had a bump! I thought it was just how your abdominal muscles change when you're pregnant...I still think that. I'm sure it's fine. 

@virginiaunicorn11 That was my plan, I just didn't want to unintentionally offend anyone. 
  • edited May 2017
    @lph4248 I think coning is normal, but my PT mother says it's important to roll to your side and then sit up, rather than sitting straight up. Coning can lead the your abs separating. But last pregnancy, I got all freaked out about the coning, and it was needless. Google has you believe that coning = separation already. Nope. 
  • lph4248lph4248 member
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with the coning!

@virginiaunicorn11 Thank you! I'll definitely make sure I'm doing that every time now. I've read a little bit about the muscle separation thing - SCARY STUFF. 
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • How far along are you?  31+1

How big is baby? An American football

Upcoming appointments this week? Meet the team night with my OB practice to meet all the physicians/midwives in the group.

Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing new. Heartburn and insomnia both a bit more out of control. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My shower was yesterday! It was really nice. 

GTKY: It's the zombie apocalypse. The only thing you have time to grab and use as a weapon is the object immediately to your right. What is it? A water glass... guess I'm dead.
  • @jkbrownstein Send the notes now, before things get hectic and you never do (or it becomes an awful chore hanging over you). No question!
    And make a list so you don't forget who sent what and that you sent a thank you.  Pregnancy brain is insane, and new momma brain is 10 times worse.
  • @chiquita928 My entire registry is on Amazon and they have this great tracker that says who sent what with a check box for when you send a thank you note. For my actual shower, I'm sure I'll get a bunch from off the registry and will be keeping a list for sure. 

• @chiquita928 My entire registry is on Amazon and they have this great tracker that says who sent what with a check box for when you send a thank you note. For my actual shower, I'm sure I'll get a bunch from off the registry and will be keeping a list for sure. 

That's an awesome feature!
  • @jkbrownstein If the gifts are from people who are attending your shower, maybe hold off on the thank you notes?  They might bring another small thing like a book or onesie for you to open at the shower and that way you can acknowledge everything in one thank you note.  For anyone not coming to the shower though, I agree get it done sooner so it's one less thing.  Just a thought!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited May 2017
    im late! 

How far along are you? 

31 weeks + 2 

How big is baby? 
    Asparagus I think 

Nope 
    Itchy belly !!! Trying my hardest to control it this time!
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    None for now 
    hair tie!