babies"r"us registry party (happening today!) - Page 3 — The Bump
2nd Trimester

babies"r"us registry party (happening today!)

Re: babies"r"us registry party (happening today!)

• veehallveehall
    Second Anniversary 25 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper
    This is our first baby and its included in the shower invitation my mom sent out!
  • How have you shared your registry with your friends and family?

I haven't yet....since it's our 2nd, we probably won't have a shower. I've had a few friends who have asked, but because I'm a nervous nelly, I wanted to wait until our AS to get the all-clear to really go public with anything. That was this week so I'll probably comb through it in the next few weeks and share with anyone who asks after that.

The first time, my friend who threw the baby shower let people know where we were registered. And I suspect a lot of them just searched a few places until they found me  ;)

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
    bluejeanbabi05sjohns908jessirhkelleyE3812

Since it's still early, we haven't shared it with anyone yet although my mom found it herself and has already bought us a few things. I'm sure it will be listed on the shower invite when those go out. 

sjohns908jessirh
  • jessirhjessirh
    500 Love Its 500 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    What items do you want the most from your registry?

It would be really helpful to get some of the big-ticket items gifted to us, like the stroller, carseat, and nursery furniture. I already had the crib and mattress purchased as a gift and I am soooo thankful! 

As far as fun items go, I'd love to have the neuron-shaped stuffed toy purchased (geek alert!) and some of the super cute bedding I found. 
    O17 June Siggy Challenge: You Had One Job!
    bluejeanbabi05sjohns908
    This is baby #4, so we are only sharing with family members and close friends who ask what we need because they would like to get us something.  We just tell them the places we have registries when they ask
    bluejeanbabi05jessirh
    Right now, I have it set to private so I can finish working on it.  I am still making decisions about what we want and need most.
    I haven't yet because it's still early in the pregnancy imo. It will likely be printed on the baby shower invitation that my best friend is throwing for me. Yikes, hope that doesn't sound tacky that I'm having a shower for my second kid. She offered to throw one since this baby is in a different gender and none of the people that will be attending when to my first one because I didn't live here yet. 
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• jessirhjessirh
    What items on your registry are for baby's nursery?

A lot of them! This is our first so we have absolutely no baby stuff around the house. I've registered for a crib, dresser, changing pad, diaper pail, cute bedding, a rug that matches the bedding, some stick-on wall decorations (tree themed) since we are renting and can't paint, and toys and books. 

bluejeanbabi05sjohns908

Via our shower invites and then individually if anyone asks.

• What items on your registry are for baby's nursery?

The baby's crib sheets, monitor, and humidifier. I feel like the larger items should be purchased by me

• jessirhjessirh
    Have you included any unique/surprising items on your registry?

I think most of the stuff on there is pretty standard. But we did register for a Harry Potter-themed outfit, that neuron stuffed toy I mentioned, and a portable booster seat we can take camping. 
    bluejeanbabi05sjohns908
  • jessirhjessirh
    How have you shared your registry with your friends and family?

I haven't shared it with anyone yet, because I don't feel comfortable asking people for gifts. But I know my mom is planning to host a shower, so she will probably include the places I register on the baby shower invitation. Otherwise, if someone asks, I'll happily share it. I just don't want to be greedy :) 

nikkilovesjoelbluejeanbabi05sjohns908
  • destinyd8destinyd8
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Love Its Photogenic
    edited May 2017
    We probably won't share until we find out the gender in a few weeks. We've picked pretty gender neutral things but some people may want to get certain clothes for boys or girls so that will make it easier on them. 
  • How have you shared your registry with your friends and family no and i won't. i just registered for coupons. we will buy everything ourselves. i mean if people asked i would tell them. but no one asked for DD2 so i am feeling doubtful they will ask this time around.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
    bluejeanbabi05sjohns908jessirhnikkilovesjoel
  • bumptarabumptara
    Moderator 500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
    admin
    edited May 2017
    These registries sound awesome!

Are you planning to include tech items on your registry (i.e. wireless baby monitor, wearable items, sensor-equipped car seats)?
  • Are you planning to include tech items on your registry (i.e. wireless baby monitor, wearable items, sensor-equipped car seats)?

Definitely to the baby monitor, probably for a crib sensor, I had no idea car seats had sensor options

jessirh
  • Are you planning to include tech items on your registry (i.e. wireless baby monitor, wearable items, sensor-equipped car seats)?

I will include a baby monitor but that's probably it tech wise. I feel like they can get expensive so we'll likely just buy them ourselves!

• have you shared your registey with your friends and family? 
    no not yet. still working on it and Its our 3rd so we wont share with friends just family and really only if they ask! I dont like gift grabby 
    nikkilovesjoel
    I want to pick out another video monitor to keep in our room for when the baby is still sleeping in there, since we still need to use our current one for our youngest
    bluejeanbabi05flowerintherainjessirh

Yes! I have a wearable baby monitor (the owlet) on my registry and a video monitor. I am excited and comforted by all the technology available today!

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

flowerintherain
  • veehallveehall
    Second Anniversary 25 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper
    Our tech items are the avent dect audio monitor and the dohm sound machine

We are registering for a video monitor this time. We never used a monitor before, but with 2 toddlers in the house it will be nice to have the video to check on the baby since it will be louder in the house. Plus my kids follow me everywhere so if I try to go check on baby, they will follow and most likely wake him or her up. 
    sjohns908flowerintherainbluejeanbabi05jessirh
    I may possibly add an owlet monitor. But I expect to just buy it myself since it's a high priced item. I'll probably add it on there so I can remember specifically which one I want and get a registry discount. 
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

sjohns908JennyColada
  • Are you planning to include tech items on your registry (i.e. wireless baby monitor, wearable items, sensor-equipped car seats)? def a monitor. this will be our 4th one. i am SO tired of the monitor search. but those def come in handy...when they work.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
    bluejeanbabi05jessirh
  • AsivecAsivec
    Sixth Anniversary 250 Love Its 100 Comments Photogenic
    I will have a new monitor on mine since the old one isn't working any more. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • car1acar1a
    250 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
    Are you planning to include tech items on your registry (i.e. wireless baby monitor, wearable items, sensor-equipped car seats)?
    Definitely a baby monitor and I also want to look more into wearable sensors just for my own peace of mind. I haven't heard of sensor-equipped car seats but now I'll need to look into that too - are they sensing the car seat position, or the position of the LO in the seat? Interesting.
    ~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~

Definitely a monitor, but that's it. I've heard mixed opinions on the baby sensors from pediatricians, and would rather rely on my own paying attention to baby and mama's sixth sense.
    nikkilovesjoel
  • jessirhjessirh

We have a wireless baby monitor on the registry so far. I like the idea of the Owlet monitor, but I don't know about spending that much money (or asking anyone else to think about gifting that either). I didn't even know sensor-equipped car seats existed! 

bluejeanbabi05JennyColada

Yes... at least those who know we are knocked up.

Since this is baby #2 we didn't put much on our registry but we did include a couple of tech items such as a dual video monitor and smart phone thermometer. We moved a year ago to a house that has more floors so it would be nice to have two video monitors one for the play room for when I'm upstairs feeding or changing baby and one for the nursery for when baby is sleeping and I'm downstairs in the kitchen, doing laundry or playing with DD. 
  • car1a said:
    Definitely a baby monitor and I also want to look more into wearable sensors just for my own peace of mind. I haven't heard of sensor-equipped car seats but now I'll need to look into that too - are they sensing the car seat position, or the position of the LO in the seat? Interesting.
    Evenflo makes one that reminds you there is a baby on board when you arrive somewhere and tells you if the chest clip becomes unbuckled. 
    Wow I didn't know that. I'll have to research these sensored car seats. Sounds helpful. 
    OliveOyl2014
  • JennyColadaJennyColada
    500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments Name Dropper
    edited May 2017

I'm not pregnant yet, but I've totally been starting a "registry" on a secret Amazon wishlist! I have a Nanit video monitor and an Owlet monitor. I would love any feedback on either if anyone has any! I've been reading a ton about them online.

• jessirhjessirh
    car1a said:
    Evenflo makes one that reminds you there is a baby on board when you arrive somewhere and tells you if the chest clip becomes unbuckled. 
    That's really helpful information. Thanks!!
    bluejeanbabi05OliveOyl2014sjohns908
  • JessDGJessDG
    500 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Not going to lie...My registry exists purely in a notebook right now.  We told ourselves we would have it ready to go by June.  June is getting close haha.

October 17 June Siggy Challenge

Pregnancy TickerBabyFruit Ticker

bluejeanbabi05sjohns908jessirh
  • JessDGJessDG
    500 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Probably a baby monitor.  I don't feel like we've come across much more tech stuff that we want.
    October 17 June Siggy Challenge

Pregnancy TickerBabyFruit Ticker

bluejeanbabi05sjohns908jessirh
  • car1acar1a
    250 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
    mrsmatt1212 said:
    I've heard mixed opinions on the baby sensors from pediatricians
    I'd be curious if anyone has used any baby sensors before or has advice/opinions? I haven't researched into them yet, but was hopeful that they'd be quite helpful (like the "smart sock").
    ~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~
  • jessirh said:
    car1a said:
    That's really helpful information. Thanks!!
    +1 to this. Definitely looking into that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards