Options

Unpopular Opinion

LDSJM123LDSJM123 member
edited May 2017 in July 2016 Moms
Its been a long time! Whatcha got?

Re: Unpopular Opinion

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LDSJM123- kidless? superheros?, secretly hire a service or never sleep??  I'm with ya- bathrooms and guest presentable stuff are priorities....but the dog hair struggle is real.  We are pulling up 2 year old flooring next week that is a dark wood with little color variation to put in a wood look tile that has a TON of variation with a main intent of it being able to hide more...I sweep and mop the floors now and you can't even tell within 15 minutes. 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    The house cleaning struggle is real. I have two roombas that vacuum everyday for the dog hair. Bathrooms and furniture get dusted/cleaned 1x a week. Floors/kitchen I do a bit more regularly of a wipe down. I use the Tody app for everything else
  • Options
    I wish I wouldn't have married my husband.  I love him dearly and he is great with Baby J. I just can't stand his parents. I hate that they ALWAYS make it all about themselves. They never come see her or help us out. I just wish I had seen all this before we got married so I could've picked a better family for my kids. I hate that they are going to grow up having to watch what they say or do otherwise their grandparents will end up throwing a fit or feeling hurt. I hate them. 
  • Options
    @arhodes6 thank you. I also agree with you on the not liking your kid. We have some rough days with teething and illness that just leaves me questioning what I have done in my past to deserve such an angry baby. Her new fav thing is to bite me when she doesn't get her way. 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    @babycakesday this is the exact reason we completely stopped talking to my MIL. She always makes everything about her. She would throw (birthday) parties for DH only to cancel a few hours before because he wasn't "grateful enough" or she had "too much going on". We refused to allow that in DSs life. 

I third all the babies being jerks. DS has started biting (so glad I'm not the only one with a biting kid!!). And he cries to be held the second he sees me. Teeth and leap 7 suck major monkey balls. 
  • Options
    @babycakesday So sorry you have to deal with such disappointment from your inlaws. It's definitely rough when your extended family is not what you imagined for your kids. My parents just got divorced and while I love them both dearly and they are great grandparents, I still struggle with being angry that they won't be there for my kids 'together' like I always expected. But, my grandparents were all over the place and were not the quintessential doting grandparents like most of my friends had growing up, and my DHs grandparents didn't ever bother to visit or keep up with their grandkids because they were always mad at his mom. I've been with DH for ten years and I literally just met his grandparents for the first time two weeks ago. They didn't come to our wedding because his Gma wasn't allowed to bring her dogs. But his parents made their little family the priority and they still had a wonderful family life regardless of the pettiness and sometimes downright awfulness of his grandparents. I had a great childhood even without the super involved lovey grandparents too. But I definitely get the disappointment as parents. Hugs.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @winnie1122 Thank you. I needed to hear that. I grew with three sets of grandparents who were involved in my and my sibilings life. So it's really hard for me to understand it any other way. I just wanted that for her, too. 
  • Options
    @babycakesday Yeah I get that, DH and I are kind of the opposite in that we don't have experience with super involved grandparents so we have no idea how to deal with how much our parents want to be involved with P. To me, relatively distant grandparents was just the norm and I loved them anyways. Although, my best friend growing up (still my best friend actually) had SUPER involved and lovey grandparents and they basically were my adopted grandparents too. They still come to all of my life events and act like they're my grandparents, so that's cool
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow!