TTC After a Loss
Options

Health and Fitness (5/19)

Sorry for the day late post on this.  Between teaching and yoga yesterday I didn't have much free time.

What are your current goals? How have you been working on reaching your goals?

What have you been eating, and drinking? Share your recipes!

Do you have anything else you want to share with us?

Do you have any comments or suggestions to add to the thread?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Health and Fitness (5/19)

• Options
    My current goal is to add another day of yoga and I was successful with that this week anyways.  I did 90 min Asthanga, 60 minute vinyasa, and 90 min arm balance.  I did find myself a bit tired and not as energetic yesterday.  It was 3 days in a row!

I went to grocery store this week to get ingredients for a taco bake recipe I have.  This week included meatloaf, pasta w/ shrimp, taco salad, and mango salsa tilapia.

Hope everyone is doing well this week!
  • Options
    I am running my mini tomorrow. A little nervous. I haven't been putting in as many miles because I will get a long run in tomorrow. It has also been blazing hot here so I know my runs haven't been as good. 
    Thanks for starting this! And have a good weekend, too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been struggling, not going to lie. My husband has lost almost 30 lbs since we lost baby and I'm just stuck. I think my problem is that I need to fuel my body with fats in order to get through my workout days where I teach barre. On Tuesday I teach back to back classes and Wednesday I taught a class and took a class and was back 10 hours later Thursday morning to teach again. So restricting calories is so hard for me!
    I need to create a meal plan and stick to it and get rid of the junk in the house!
    I also need to try and focus on taking more barre classes and not just teach. I'm taking another tomorrow morning and on Sunday - going to aim to take 3 classes next week as well.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    Also - I'm not willing to give up alcohol to lose weight because hopefully I'll be pregnant again! (not that I drink everyday, usually a couple glasses of wine a week..)
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • Options
    What are your current goals? How have you been working on reaching your goals? Still working on the 20 lbs.  I'm down 6 as of now. Of course, I'm sure I'll be going up ASAP since I usually get a bump around ovulation. I've exercised more again this week now that I'm feeling better and that makes me feel better about myself.

Nothing specific, just smaller portions, and tiny dinners.

Why is it so much easier to put the weight on than to lose it?  Ugh!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    What are your current goals? How have you been working on reaching your goals?
    - I just want to lose as much as I can before the next pregnancy. I'm currently 5'8" and down to 190 from 202 in January/recent loss, but I've only been chipping away at weight for the last few weeks. My eventual goal (besides getting pregnant- which would pause loss efforts and limit gain to 15-25lbs) is to get in the mid 160's. I use MyFitnessPal and Fitbit to maintain a 700 calorie/day deficit, aim for >5,000 steps, and what has been helping the most recently is keeping sodium under 1,500mg... which rules out A TON of processed food. On Fitbit I set my goal weight by only 3lbs at a time so I feel like I'm accomplishing progress.

-We just tried these slow cooker Greek Chicken Pitas last week and they are DA BOMB. Pour a little pepperonici juice in with the yogurt/onion mixture to give it some zip like tzatziki sauce and even add a pinch of crumbled feta if you want.
    Greek Chicken Pita Folds
    Makes 4 servings

· 1 medium onion, sliced
    · 1 clove garlic, minced
    · 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
    · 1½ teaspoons lemon pepper
    · ½ teaspoon dried oregano
    · ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
    · 4 pita pocket breads
    · ½ cup plain yogurt
    · 1 tomato, sliced
    · ½ cup chopped cucumber
    · 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips

1. In slow-cooker, combine onion, garlic, chicken, lemon pepper, oregano, and allspice; mix to coat chicken with seasoning.
    2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4–6 hours.
    3. Heat pita bread as directed on package. Meanwhile, remove chicken from slow-cooker; place on cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken.
    4. To serve, stir yogurt into onion mixture in slow-cooker. Spoon chicken onto warm pita bread. With slotted spoon, transfer onion mixture onto chicken; top with tomato, cucumber, and red pepper strips.

-My spouse is coming back from a short 3.5wk trip to the Middle East tomorrow. I'm afraid when he jumps on the scale he'll have lost even more weight... I've been trying really hard to get lower than him and only had 2lbs to go before he left. Mentally that's a huge milestone for me, to weigh less than hubby again. After that would be to have the same BMI as him since he's 6'1", but one step at a time.

Do you have any comments or suggestions to add to the thread?
    -Hope you all don't mind me chiming in once in awhile. I've found I just can't do the WTO or TWW check ins. I get so stressed when I participate and then fail to even conceive. The months I take breaks is when I have some success... even if only for a little while. I find the less frequent/crowded threads provide a better life balance for me.
  • Options
    @GhanimaAtreides - I'm the same way.  I get stressed if I track my cycle.  I participate in those threads but I'm not using tracking methods - just assuming when I'm in the TWW based on CM drying up.  I don't check that internally either.
  • Options
    I am self benched but I do exercise so I feel like I can comment on this post. 
  • Options
    tw-----pg/loss mentioned

I gained about 8 lbs over the last 1.5 months because I stopped working out when I got my bfp because I was paranoid it would be bad for the pg.  But I continued to eat how I do when I workout....not a good combo.  Anyhow, I had my D&C 3 weeks ago and I think I am finally ready to go back to working out.  It's so hard to get motivated.  How do you all get motivated? I want to lose those 8 pounds before summer vacay.  I was in perfect shape before I was pg and now I am so tired and lazy.  8 lbs makes a huge difference in how sluggish I feel. 
  • Options
    @justsuzie you have to cut yourself some slack because of your recent loss. I was so unmotivated when mine happened.

what helps me feel better and more energized first and foremost is an adequate amount of sleep every night. Eating as well as I can. Minus the peanut butter cups tonight :) then you just have to make the time commitment to go and workout. Eventually it becomes a habit that when you don't do it you feel weird.
  • Options
    @justsuzie - I have to really love the workout. Since my last loss I became a certified barre instructor so that is the workout I'm committed to these days... 
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited May 2017
    What are your current goals? How have you been working on reaching your goals? Working out more.
    I purchased beachbody on demand and have worked out 4 days in my classroom this week ( before school).

What have you been eating, and drinking? Share your recipes! Calorie counting using my my fitness pal. Smaller portions.
    Trying. Not to eat out as much.

I have a habit of hitting Starbucks when bored...so trying to limit visits
  • Options
    Just in case you all wanted an update, I finished the race in 1:47. I wanted to quit around mile 9 but kept thinking of my kids (my living and the one I lost) and kept going. 
  • Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
  • Options
    rklinge0rklinge0 member
    edited May 2017
    @justsuzie be easy on yourself. It took me a few weeks after my m/c to get back into exercising. Also make sure it's something you love and start slow.  If I remember correctly, you are a teacher and it's really hard to get any outside of school things accomplished this time of year, too. 
    @Chawk17 what do you teach? This year I am teaching 3rd grade. I try to incorporate some go noodles in my classroom to help me get moving during the day, too. 
  • Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
    @rklinge0 I teach first grade, I love go noodle...if anything it makes my day watching them dance...of course I join in too!
  • Options
    @rklinge0. That's awesome!  Great time.  Congrats 
  • Options
    @Chawk17 I have a standing routine of hitting up Starbucks every Wednesday morning. I used to get pumpkin bread and either a tall latte or cocoa. Then I changed to a protein box and venti ice-water. Now that I'm cutting calories even more, I get a banana and a venti ice-water. So I'm still going to Starbucks, technically speaking.  :D
  • Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
    @GhanimaAtreides you have strong will power!! I get a venti non fat chai latte.
    When I was pregnant I suffered! I tried cocoa during that time but it wasn't the same.
    I don't think our Starbucks has fresh fruit...I love that you get a bannana! 
  • Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
    @rklinge0 @justsuzie are you going to keep teaching after once you have a healthy baby?
    I'm contemplating. If I have twins definitely quitting.
    A singleton..Im not sure yet.
  • Options
    If we ever have another baby I"m putting teaching on hold for the first year at least.  Mainly because it will be our last baby but also because I don't know how well I can multitask everything with 2 kids.
  • Options
    I worked with my first. I will probably do the same if I still have a job( not tenured). My hubby and I work opposite schedule so he can watch the baby. Financially, I think I will have to.  Also, I am that person who needs to work for my sanity. 
  • Options
    @rklinge0  Yah, end of the school year is killer. I have a huge student art show next week. I am hoping things slow down after that!

@Chawk17 I definitely have to work after a baby. My husband doesn't even finish school for another 1.5 years. And he will be a gym teacher.  So, needless to say we will need the money!  How about you?
  • Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
    @justsuzie I would like to stay home. My husband teaches 4th. We both have masters and he has his admin degree. But I don't have him sold on the idea of one income yet. 
  • Options
    Update: Hubby hopped on the scale after 3.5 weeks of chicken and rice two meals a day, every day overseas. He finally outweighs me again... by 9lbs! Granted, I know it won't stay that way for long because he's not happy about it, but I'm going to chug along 3lbs at a time until I hit the next goal... getting my BMI down to his 25/"healthy" range.