October 2017 Moms
Options

work out check-in 5/15

hey mamas!  this is a monday check in for anyone working out.  this can range from walkers, runners, swimmers, yogis, cross-fitters, spinners, etc.  i think the more variety we have the better advice and support we will get from each other so please join in 

1. what are your goals for workouts this week?

2. how are you feeling? 
what are you doing to ensure recovery? 

3. now that we are all likely showing, are you receiving support while working out in public? or shock?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: work out check-in 5/15

• Options
    ok, i will answer right away since i just got back from the gym. i want to workout 4-5 days this week. HIIT, oly lifting.  
    2. how are you feeling? what are you doing to ensure recovery? 
    feeling good!  still slower but weight hasn't dropped on my lifts yet. i am not doing enough for recovery. i want to add in one yoga a week. this sunday is my goal to start!  i would have gone yesterday but we decided to start potty training my DS this weekend so we were held hostage lol.
    3. now that we are all likely showing, are you receiving support while working out in public? or shock?
    mostly my gym is very supportive! this is round 2 for me at the same gym so they saw me working out hugely pregnant before. there is shock when i tell people i lift while pregnant though. the stigma is still there.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. what are your goals for workouts this week?  To make it in at least three days a week.  I hope to PR my 5 rep bench press this week.  

2. how are you feeling? what are you doing to ensure recovery?  Tired and cranky.  I make sure to eat enough before going into the gym and get enough rest.

3. now that we are all likely showing, are you receiving support while working out in public? or shock?  Folks at the gym have been great.  Lots of support from my gym family-they understand if I need to back off on weight or adapt, especially now that the belly is starting to get in the way of some movements.  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lola4411 I hear you on the stigma.  The folks at the gym are totally fine and understand that I can listen to my body and adapt.  I get side-eye/shock/etc if I mention to anyone outside of the gym that I'm still oly lifting.  One of the coaches took an awesome picture last week of me doing an overhead press with my belly sticking out...positioning is fine and the weight went up easily, but I guarantee if I were to post that on FB I would get lectured.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Brambles23 I want to see that pic!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Brambles23 you look AMAZING!!  I love how strong you look.  great job!!  too bad we can't workout together ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cram314cram314 member
    Try a spin class again this week. I was spinning a couple times a week before pregnancy but then got super nervous I wouldnt know how to regulate myself. I now feel comfortable and confident enough in knowing when I need a break.

2. how are you feeling? what are you doing to ensure recovery? 
    Not doing enough to ensure recovery, which was true pre-pregnancy as well. Trying to stay behind 5 mins after every class to foam roll. 

Agree with @lola4411 and @Brambles23. Everyone at the gym knows me well enough and has seen other pregnant women workout/lift heavy so no one is shocked. I'd imagine people would be judgy elsewhere. 

and @Brambles23 you look awesome! 
  • Options
    @brambles23 you look so strong and amazing!! I love this!
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife @cram314 @lola4411  Awww shucks!  Thank you!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Made it in 3 times this week, which was my goal.  I wanted to go on Saturday but our coach just informed us that the gym will be closed that day.  Boo!  And I was going to bring cupcakes! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Made it in 3 times this week, which was my goal.  I wanted to go on Saturday but our coach just informed us that the gym will be closed that day.  Boo!  And I was going to bring cupcakes! 
    awesome job!  way to reach your goal and its only wednesday :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cram314cram314 member
    @Brambles23 barbell snatches in this morning's WOD - thought of you! 
    10 min AMRAP toes to bar, EMOM 3 burpees and 3 snatches.