October 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Meal Plan 5|15|17

How are we half way through May already?  What are you planning to cook this week?

Re: Weekly Meal Plan 5|15|17

• Options

M: Grilled Chicken Salad

T: Little Sis is Graduating, :( so eating out

W: Taco Pie basically like this >> https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/superspeedway-taco-pie/89ef1b80-6c88-4f29-bf42-fc71ee8e4c88

Th: Hamburger Steak with mashed potatoes and beans >>  no recipe, basically season a pound of hamburger with whatever you like and make one large patty out of it.  Put it in a pan with about a 1/2 cup water or more and then slice up an onion on top.  Cook until no longer pink.

F: Homemade Chicken Strips with French fries >> this is the best batter https://store.louisianafishfry.com/products/batters-coatings/la-fish-fry-chicken-fry-seasoned.html

S: Baby Reveal Day!  We are doing a Huge Nacho bar.  Send me ideas for toppings besides the obvious.

• Options
    Lettuce wraps tonight!  We have a bunch of leftover Carnitas from yesterday, so I imagine that'll be Tuesday's dinner since DH and I work late that day.  After that...????

We suck at meal planning.
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mon- Chicken, rice, and veggies

Tues- Grilled pork, brats, and baked potatoes

Wed- Pulled pork sliders 

Thur- Chicken and veggie curry with yellow rice and naan 

Fri- Grilled shrimp and creamy pasta 
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue Black olives! Those are my faveeee
  • Options
    M- leftovers from the weekend or scrambled eggs
    T- Beef Stroganoff w/ low carb noodles https://longbournfarm.com/2016/10/06/beef-stroganoff-from-scratch/
    W- Lemon chicken and quinoa: I have one of those sauce packets you pour over the chicken and bake off
    Th- Bunless cheeseburgers and some veggie from the freezer
    F- I'm going to try this chicken broccoli curry casserole. https://www.kalynskitchen.com/2005/04/chicken-broccoli-curry-casserole.html?m=1 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Mrs_Fogue I love nacho bars! last time we did one we had chicken, cheese, salsa, guac and sour cream and of course chips (pretty basic), but you can also do ground beef, carnitas, grilled shrimp, grilled or roasted peppers, refried beans, lettuce, jalapenos, queso fresco (though may not be pasteurized), pretty much anything. I also had tot-chos recently (nachos made with tots instead of chips) and they were delicious. Or you could use fries instead of chips. Or you can do regular nachos for your party and have all of the leftover cheese, guac etc over fries/tots/etc the next day. 
  • Options

Tonight - Take out because I had no energy for meal prepping last night.

Tomorrow - Dh's birthday dinner at MILs

Thursday - Quiche Lorraine and salad

Friday - MILs

Sat - Grilled sandwiches then burritos/tacos

Sun - Probably eat out.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @buttercream_frosting What is quiche Lorraine?
  • Options
    @buttercream_frosting Well I've made quiches plenty of times but I wasn't sure what the Lorraine was referring to. That recipe sounds delicious!
  • Options
    ninak-3ninak-3 member
    Mon - Spicy Beef Chilli (leftovers today for lunch yum)

Tues - Chicken veg and noodle soup

Wed - no idea...DH goes away Thurs morning so I shoild probably make something meat/steak adjacent before he goes...

Thurs - Sun - with DH away it will either be all the things DH doesnt like, sushi and spaghetti bolognaise, or leftover Chicken Noodle Soup yum
  • Options
    Yesterday was pizza. 
    T: spinach sausage and garlic bow tie pasta. 

W: Instant Pot Ribs- finished under the broiler, Mac n cheese, green beans

Th: chicken avocado mozzarella burritos

F: leftovers, or ill throw something on the grill. 

havnt gotten to the weeken yet :neutral:

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    beezeeebeezeee member
    Ok so I've been tasked with making pasta salad for our family dinner on Saturday. I'd like to avoid the traditional mayo/miracle whip based kind and do something a little more out of the box (Mayo in recipe is fine though). Anyone have any good recipes?
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    M- pulled pork (no bread) abd potato salad
    T- ground chicken tacos
    W- italian dressing marinated chicken tenders with cucumber, tomato and feta salad
    Th- GF pasta with meat sauce
    F- leftovers
    S-order out
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    All of this meal planning talk is making me hungry! Also, You ladies are so awesome with these meal plans.. I need to stat "momming" and start meal plans for the week. 
  • Options
    kkerner87kkerner87 member
    edited May 2017
    I go shoppong for the week on mondays and try to do super simple things. Always tacos every week and always get plenty of left overs! But if I don't have a dinner to cook i start to feel anxiety about ordering out. It is so expensive and usually not healthy. I can't have any gluten, so it just makes ordering out really difficult. It's a pain in the ass, so i kond of have to have some sort of "meal plan" for the week, but it's so half assed. I try to make sure always to have meat and veggies and make some random thing lol
  • Options
    M: stovetop stuffing chicken
    T: leftovers because we have soccer practice all evening
    W: kielbasa with sauce over egg noodles
    T: pork chops and fried apples
    F: fried rice
    S: soccer tornament so we will eat out

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    kkerner87kkerner87 member
    edited May 2017
    Also, little pepperonis, chopped up mozzarella and "salad supreme" with lemon juice and olive oil (Idk if you have that spice where you are at, but it is sooooo good in pasta salad). Just incase you want more ideas, that was always a hit in the pasta salad we make in our family!
  • Options
    Let's see....

Sunday we had lasagna

Yesterday was shrimp & brown rice

Today is cajun chicken pasta

Tomorrow is....well, was going to be leftovers, but everyone devoured the lasagna so I guess we'll have to see if we have any pasta from tonight left over. If not, we'll either do salmon patties or chicken nuggets.

Thursday is grilled salmon

Friday is probably pizza because I'm lazy.

Saturday is CONCERT DAYYYYYYYY!!!
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @natleilynncajun chicken pasta sounds so good!
  • Options
    @ariz17 it's so good and so easy!

https://www.plainchicken.com/2009/06/creamy-cajun-chicken-pasta.html

If I'm feeling lazy, I just use canned chicken. If I'm feeling healthy, I sub greek yogurt for the heavy cream.

Either way...delish.... :smile:

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    Thanks @natleilynn I think i'll try it this week.
  • Options
    beezeeebeezeee member
    @natleilynn @ariz17 I think I'll be adding this to my list this week too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    @beezeemarie @ariz17 even my 3 year old loves it! So kid tested and approved for future reference :wink:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh @natleilynn that sounds amazing. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    M: leftovers
    T: hot dogs, mac n cheese, green beans
    W:fish and chips
    T: salad (i usually wing it here and use whatever produce needs used up)
    F: apple and onion porkchops and cheddar chive mashed potatoes
    S: leftover mac and cheese upcycled into tuna noodle casserole.
    Sun: church potluck (i might make pasta salad for this although i dont want to enrage the gluten free set...)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ksf13ksf13 member
    M: Copycat Arbys Roast Beef & Cheddar (someone posted this last week, so thanks lol)
    T: Hamburgers
    W: Spaghetti & Chicken Alfredo (DH doesn't like Spaghetti, so I'm doing both lol)
    Th: Chicken, Rice, and Veggies
    F: I really want Chinese takeout or authentic tacos...so I don't know lol
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    beezeeebeezeee member
    @natleilynn we made the creamy Cajun chicken pasta. It was a hit! DD is a good eater and likes most things, but she doesn't usually eat very much. She ate a ton of it, so she must have loved it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    @beezeemarie Yayyy!!  My DD loves it,  too! And I love that it's easy and yummy!

BabyFruit Ticker