Trying to Get Pregnant

IF/Testing Weekly Check-in 5/15

Re: IF/Testing Weekly Check-in 5/15

• I wish @RunsUponATime were here to throw her input/knowledge bombs in the ring... ❤
  • Yes, cetrotide is awful. I'm still sore from injecting it last night 
  • Loading the player...
  • @leekat14 I was on Ganirelix but I believe it is similar. Definitely ice the injection spot and don't go slow - give it a good stab. Those shots left the biggest bruises on me though. Didn't burn as bad as the Menopur did for me.

The PIO shots are making me more sore than anything else so far. I feel it walking and sitting and god forbid something brushes against me! Ugh 

@adirat That is a good perspective. Thanks for sharing!
  • @LadyMillil and @saralee797-2 Ugh I jinxed myself thinking this wasnt so bad! Monday can't come soon enough!
  • @saralee797-2 ugh the PIO!! It's seriously the Bain of my existence and I'm so dreading starting it again. I remember being able to feel distinct golf ball lumps in my butt that made sitting really uncomfortable. Hang in there!
  • @heatherdubrow What cycle day do you start stuff for FET? I have my egg retrieval on Monday potentially...but I was trying to figure out how much of a break from needles I might actually get.
  • saralee797-2saralee797-2 member
    edited May 2017
    @heatherdubrow I definitely think warming the oil and massaging after helps but the soreness is just unavoidable. My H and I did get a good laugh out of the butt massages though. Add it to the list of awkward things we have done while TTC. 

@leekat14 Monday will be here before you know it! I hope you have some distractions lined up this weekend. 

@beachbunnyxo123 Yayy! Good luck triggering and wishing you all the best for an IUI this weekend. 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but O day depends on the trigger, not the IUI. I had Ovidrel, which triggered O 36 hours after injection. I had my IUI on O day, but other doctors will do the IUI the day before O.

@saralee797-2 Ugh, not looking forward to the PIO then....the Del Estrogen shots haven't been too bad, no lingering soreness.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @eggplantface @saralee797-2 that makes sense! I have been temping and doing opks just in case so I could have a better idea but I wasn't sure if the goal of the IUI was to do it before O or on O day. 
  • sunniegrlysunniegrly member
    edited May 2017
    Well, I officially belong on this thread now. To help others out, I'd like to say for the record that my RE said that going three months without a period after going off of the pill is not normal and that most women's cycles will regulate themselves naturally after three months off the pill. So, if you've been off of the pill for three months and haven't gotten a period, consider seeing a RE. I know that many of you were surprised that a RE would see me so soon, but I'm glad I followed my instincts. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): mild/borderline NIR PCOS

Cycle/CD: 2/21

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): No idea. FF took away my CH yesterday but then put them back today. I did blood work today to see if I ovulated this month. 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) I had an ultrasound and blood work done today. My ovaries were slightly larger than normal and have a very mild PCOS appearance. My ovaries don't look like they're aging prematurely. I meet the "new" PCOS diagnostic criteria because I have polycystic-appearing ovaries and don't ovulate regularly. He thinks my androgen levels will come out normal since I have no symptoms of excess male hormones. He also thinks my egg quality will be fine once we do that testing. If I ovulated this month, we're going to give me 3 cycles of trying naturally with no drugs. If I didn't ovulate, we're going to do a SA, one natural month (since I'll be in Europe for half the month), and then start me on Femara. 

How are things going? Good. I was prepared for the worst, so I'm encouraged by my diagnosis and by how optimistic my RE was about my chances. 

Any questions? Nope.

GTKY: If you could get out of doing 1 chore/errand for the rest of your life, what would you never do again? Folding laundry. It just never ends. DH does loads of laundry but never folds them. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 30
    Married: 2013
    TTC #1: 2/2017
    Dx: mild/borderline NIR PCOS

May TTGP Siggy Challenge - Awkward Prom Photos:
  • edited May 2017
    @sunniegrly glad you are getting answers, and it's great news that your cysts are mild (I'm assuminging there weren't that many of them? Did they say?) And that your androgens are expected to be normal. Gotta say, that sounds like pretty good news to me. Let us know how the progesterone draw goes.
  • sunniegrlysunniegrly member
    edited May 2017
    @LoveinDC - I want people who search TB for "is it normal to go three months without a period after coming off of the pill" to find that as an answer and to know what was wrong with me (and to not listen if people on here tell them it's too early to see a RE). And no, nobody on here has been outright "mean" to me or called me names, but I got some passive-aggressive stuff when I posted on this thread before, and I got passive-aggressive responses to my other post. I wasn't going to call her out, but I see that I need to do so in order to reassure other people that their comments were not the ones that bothered me so much. Specifically, @heatherdubrow has made very passive-aggressive replies to me that have made me feel unwelcome. I would've let it pass, but then many people, some of whom I thought I'd gotten to know a little bit and who I liked, love-titted her passive aggressive post. "I'm surprised an RE would even see you at this point" = not helpful, not supportive, and most definitely a passive-aggressive way of telling me I was overreacting to my symptoms and didn't belong on the thread. I let it slide when I was posting on the IF thread and just moved to the dailies because, hey, maybe I didn't belong on the IF thread and I don't want to make those ladies hurt any worse than they already do. But then the exact same thing happened to me on the dailies on Saturday. Same passive-aggressive commenting from the same person. (I did find most of the other comments appropriate and helpful.) "I typed a lot of responses and don't even know what to say. You do you I guess" = passive-aggressive. People I liked love-titted the passive-aggressiveness. Nothing about any of that was cool. It was hurtful. Hence, the feeling that I was being ganged up on. Hence the dirty delete, passive-aggressive response. I felt like I was responding in kind. 

• @antoto - Right, which I totally understood. And I moved to the dailies. And then there was the passive-aggressive stuff again.