3rd Trimester

Birthing Class?

So my husband and I signed up for an 8 hour birthing class a while back and both wanted to go. Now he has to work and cannot get out of it. It's too late to get a refund or reschedule and I have no one else to go with me. Would you still go alone or just cut your losses? I know a big portion of these classes are about your support person. 

Re: Birthing Class?

• meggymemeggyme member
    edited May 2017
    So my husband and I signed up for an 8 hour birthing class a while back and both wanted to go. Now he has to work and cannot get out of it. It's too late to get a refund or reschedule and I have no one else to go with me. Would you still go alone or just cut your losses? I know a big portion of these classes are about your support person. 

I would go anyway. If it's a really good class they will go over the entire birth process so you know what to expect and what your options are. If you can't find a friend then talk to the instructor before the class and see if you can't be her example person so you know what your husband is supposed to do. And bring home any pamphlets or papers for him to read. It's better than both of you going in blind.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::