July 2017 Moms

Weekly Random Chatter May 15-19

I might be wrong, but this thread hasn't been created yet this week, has it?

So let's hear your randoms.

I had such a good mother's day. For the longest time I dreamt about being left alone for a day. So, DH forgot he had tickets to see his favorite band, and the venue was super far, and it was general admission tickets so they all left early. He felt bad for ditching me so he took care of DD in the morning while I napped, then half an hour after he left, DD went for her 2.5hr nap. Then, she got up, I let her watch TV, we had dinner, and she went to bed really easily and I had the whole night for myself to binge on TV and the chocolates DH got me. I actually ended up missing DH and feeling a little lonely (he got in at 2am), so I know I got just the right amount of me-time. Also, I really wanted a salad the next day, so I know I got my chocolate fix taken care of as well. 
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly Random Chatter May 15-19

• stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited May 2017
    Sooo I watched The Business of Being Born last night and although it's an old documentary I am quite curious to know how the Americans feel about it (if you've seen it) and if that was your experience?  My mind was blown by some of the stuff.  Mind you documentaries are very one-sided so I try to keep that in mind when watching, and the c-section stats in the U.S have dropped quite a bit in recent years (I believe around 10%?) but still. 

Here, AFAIK, drugs like pitocin aren't used nearly as often. They will only induce ...
    A) A maximum of 10 days past your DD (to avoid the risk of stillbirth and the like)  
    B ) In semi-emergent situations (not quite c-section worthy but 'we have to start this now' kind of situations)
    C) If your labour is going well but then stops progressing 

It's not something that's automatically started even if your labour is just going slow.  Most women I know did natural births and more and more are using midwife's.  I actually applied for one when I first found out I was pregnant but decided to go with an OB instead for my first.  In my particular location home births aren't common.  You have the midwife with you at the hospital so it's the best of both worlds.  Anyways, again, just curious ...     
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    I saw Koko the gorillas documentary and now I'm really, really sad. 
  • Loading the player...
  • BusyZee said:
    I saw Koko the gorillas documentary and now I'm really, really sad. 
    I am kind of obsessed with this comment, here on the Randoms thread. Too perfect! 
  • I didn't see either one but I saw the first episode of 9 months that made you on Netflix and it freaked me out.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• It's so humid in my office right now that I had to take my wedding rings off because my hands are swelling. Meanwhile the "nice offices" upstairs are probably freezing.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • It's so humid in my office right now that I had to take my wedding rings off because my hands are swelling. Meanwhile the "nice offices" upstairs are probably freezing.
    I was supposed to work from home today but our building has not switched from heating to cooling yet and it's awful, so I went into the office strictly for the AC.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm always that girl with cold feet. Always have been...until NOW. I mean I used to sleep with a hot water bottle so my popsicle toes wouldn't wake up DH.

But my feet have gotten so hot the past couple nights that it drives me mad. It's so uncomfortable that I can't sleep. Thankfully, DH wrapped an ice pack in a towel, put it at the foot of the bed, and it is the BEST. 
  • plumpous said:
    I didn't see either one but I saw the first episode of 9 months that made you on Netflix and it freaked me out.
    I watched that a month or so ago, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It was interesting in a biology, this is how life is made, weird abnormalities kind of way, but it was freaky from a ftm, everything that could go wrong will point of view. I did like the stories and personal experiences of people from all over the world, though.

I have heard scary things about The Business of Being Born, so I am not sure that that one will be added to my queue. Who knows, though? I may watch it out of curiosity one of these days.