Pregnant after IF

PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - Month of May

Re: PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - Month of May

• tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Happy Mothersday ladies!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! I had a great one with my two sweet boys, and DH surprised me with a new outdoor dining set for our back porch, accompanied by a wonderful steak dinner to break it in! It was fantastic. PLUS, my DS2 slept for 4.5 hours straight on Saturday night! His longest stretch yet! I hope this becomes the regular pattern for him.

The only downer was that I developed a plugged duct on Saturday evening, which still hasn't gone away. Man do these things hurt. I used to get them almost constantly during the short time I was able to nurse DS1, and I think I definitely blocked out all memories of how awful that was. I think I'm starting to develop mastitis, as I had bad body aches and a slight fever starting last night. I have a call in with my OB... hopefully this clears up soon. :( 

And I completely agree with @2legbaby - single moms and moms of multiples are supermoms in my book!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Loading the player...
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    It's a tough evening here.
    Pia is teething and I'm trying to get her to bed since 19:30. It's now 21:15.
    Shes finally down (I hope, but just heard her coughing) in my bed.
    Im hungry as I haven't had dinner yet, but luckily I took with me leftovers from Mothersday dinner (and my mum filled a bag with other ready to eat stuff) 
    Days/evenings like these are hard on your own, and knowing this doesn't look too optimistic for the night coming is not fun.
    Ah well, bet she looks adorable ones they are out (she's getting two at the same time)

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Hi ladies, hope everyone had an amazing Mother's Day! 

@BlueEyedDreamer I'm sorry to hear about the plugged duct and possible mastitis. Have you tried a hot shower/compress and massaging the area?

@tvh1982 poor Pia (and mama)...I'm not looking forward to teething pains. I like your positive outlook though. You're doing a great job!

We're going through leap #4 here and boy it's a tough one. When the calendar showed a whole month of stormy days, I wasn't sure what to expect. So far, we've had 3 extreme crying episodes where I thought I'd lose it and have a hysterical crying fit of my own. All 3 happened in the evenings after we've been out somewhere, although Aiden was totally fine during the day each time. I'm guessing he got over stimulated with too many people around/so much new stuff and decided he wasn't having any of it. This Saturday was the worst episode. He got his 4 month shots during the day (mama cried with him :cry:) and at 11:30 pm he was inconsolable. We tried everything with no luck. Finally I got the idea to give him a bath and it magically worked. He splashed around for a bit and went to sleep like nothing happened. I have to admit, I don't think I'd be able to handle that if I didn't have my husband by my side. Just having him there to help made things so much better. I was an emotional wreck after that. So definitely kudos to all the single moms and dads, and parents of multiples! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Happy Mother's Day I know Day late but busy celebrating with my girls 
  • Drove2uDrove2u member
    Happy belated Mother's Day to all of you super mamas!! I feel so lucky that I get to know all of you. You inspire me each day. Truly. 
    @pnw12rn alyce is so cute!! Congratulations!! Honestly I don't remember those first two weeks. What a blur!! 
    @tvh1982 major props to you for doing this on your own!! I don't know how you do it!! Pia is adorable and I enjoy watching her grow on Instagram. :-))
    viktoria had her four month shots last week and cried for about a minute and proceeded with business as usual the rest of the day. Lol we also just started her on real food. She's been eating apple sauce since Saturday and loves it!! We're going to try sweet potato Wednesday. I can't believe she's going to be 5 months this weekend!! Almost a half year!! She's still sleeping in her rock n play. But all night from 7:30-6am. We will be transitioning her to a crib in a few days. Wish us luck!! She really likes that rock n play and have a feeling we have some rough nights ahead of us. 
  • @PNW12RN congratulations! Such sweet pictures! The eating patterns are totally normal. I fed on demand and the first few weeks were definitely tough. When we started giving Aiden milk from a bottle, he would eat about 2.5-3 oz at a time and the first few weeks it seemed like I was constantly nursing. Sometimes it was every 1-2 hours as well and sometimes he slept 3-4 hours during the day so he'd eat less frequently. I'm not sure about formula, but breastfed babies eat on average 1-1.5 oz per hour...of course it varies and every baby is different. He's 4.5 months now and still doesn't eat more than 3.5-4 oz per feeding, every 3 hours. I'd say follow your baby's cues if she's hungry. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @PNW12RN congratulations! Your natural, miracle baby has finally arrived! Alyce is a beautiful baby & the pictures are breathtaking.

I hope everyone had a terrific Mother's Day! <3  
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @BlueEyedDreamer - I'm sorry you are having some issues BF! Hopefully everything gets sorted out soon and you are pain free!
    @tvh1982 - poor Pia teething! I am not looking forward to it either. Eli is just beginning so he's not too fussy yet. Hopefully your extra cuddles will help her feel better!
    Tulips29 -  we are through the 4th leap which for us was also filled with 5 weeks of sick baby from daycare. I feel your pain. Hopefully Aiden is feeling better soon!
    PNW12RN  - Alyce is adorable! So glad your DH is as supportive as he is. It definitely makes those first weeks of crazy a little more bearable. Gosh, I think there was so much fluctuation in the first weeks that you won't necessarily start to see any types of patterns for a little while. I want to say for the first few weeks we were about 2 ounces every 2-3 hours and then upped to 3-4 probably around 4 or 5 weeks. Every baby is so different though. Eli is almost 23 weeks and he still is only around 5 ounces every 3-4 hours. He does have solids in the evening. But I know some other babies were at 6 ounces at like 4 months. I agree that you should definitely just go with her cues. She'll let you know when she's hungry!
    Drove2u - Eli LOVES sweet potatoes. He also really likes peas. He hasn't been too thrilled with any of the fruits we have tried though. Apparently he's not into sweets like his mama. lol. 

So Eli has been consistently sleeping 8-9 hours at night which is awesome but those start around 7 which means he is up at 4. And of course 4am is 45min before I get up for work which means I have been getting up at 4am for the last few weeks. I can't be upset b/c he's getting good sleep I'm just exhausted and obviously can't nap at work. lol. Plus he wakes up just talking to himself  and super happy which makes getting up with him so much easier. He absolutely loves his jumper and he's started the cutest thing... he does this thing where it's almost like he's having a little tantrum but he's not upset. He's just kind of yelling at me and smiling at the same time. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kelrauhkelrauh member
    Question for C-section moms:
    Did you have pain weeks after? I had a c-section 5  weeks ago and I started having pain 2 days ago. It is quite sore but not too bad to the touch. I have also realized that I am quite bloated which is new but he incision looks healed. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Drove2uDrove2u member
    @kelrauh I had a c section five months ago and I still feel it. I mean I'm totally functional and have been exercising and running since 8 weeks post c section. But side planks? No can do. Hurts so bad. I think five weeks later is pretty normal. As long as it's not bringing you to tears. 
  • @Griffin5413 that sounds so cute! I love when they start "talking" in their baby language. Right now we're at a stage where Aiden copies mouth movements and tries to talk but can't really. Sometimes he wakes us up at midnight/3 am/5 am/etc by signing to himself. We call it singing, but it's really high pitched yelps and then he just smiles lol. Those early wakeups are rough though. This is when I enjoy my commute to and from work, I just nap each way. 

@kelrauh I didn't have pains, but I remember having feels of discomfort. Even at my 6 week check-up I remember telling my OB that I have a nagging pain/discomfort at the incision area. He said it was normal. I'm now 4.5 months post partum and don't feel pain. Sometimes I'll get twinges when I lean down and press on the incision I guess but nothing painful anymore. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• So I got mastitis. Wow does this suck. I've been sick, like with the flu, trying to take care of a newborn and a toddler. I had to ask DH to take off from work today so that I could rest. I started antibiotics last night and am starting to feel better but still pretty weak. At least I got the plugged duct cleared last night, but my supply is way down, which has me pretty worried. I hope none of you ladies have gone through this, but if so advice is welcome!!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @BlueEyedDreamer that stinks! You poor thing, I  am glad you are feeling better and hope you can continue to relax as I am sure that is what you need most! I hope you are able to keep up your supply...lots of  fluids and can you pump with the mastitis?  Maybe lots of pumping if so!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • @BlueEyedDreamer I'm sorry that you are going through that. It sounds pretty awful. Hopefully rest and lots of fluids will help! Do you have things like lactation cookies and mothers milk tea or things like that to help with supply? 
    @kelrauh I haven't had too much pain with my scar but there is definitely some tenderness and I'm 23 weeks out. I'd say if it persists too long it couldn't hurt to call your ob. Or talk to them at your 6 week check up for sure.
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited May 2017
    Congratulations @PNW12RN, she's beautiful.
    Pia was drinking 3,5 oz by 7 days, so I wouldn't worry to much. They all drink differently. She's now 6,5 (!) months and sometimes only wants the 3,5 oz, and another time she wants about 8 so I have to make an extra half a bottle.
    As long as she's happy (not excessively crying) don't worry!

Thanx for the 'good lucks with teething' Pia is handling it like I big girl. She does wear an amber necklace, so that might be helping. She has little cries in between, but a cold apple in a munchkin is very much her favourite. 
    Today is her first half day at kindergarten, and I'll pick her up soon. I called earlier to check and they said she hasn't slept at all, there is toooo much to see! 
    And thank you for your kind words. It's  tough alone, but somehow one manage. And Pia is a happy little pixie. The first weeks were absolut hell, I won't lie, but now they are all wonderful. She gave me me-time again from 8 til 10 pm, which I definitely need to keep functioning :)

Eli is too cute @griffin5413!
    As he start sleeping at 7, will it by any chance help to give him a dreamfeed at day 9 so he moves his 8-9 hours sleep? Or will that mess up your schedule even more (or worse he won't sleep at al?)

That sucks indeed @blueeyeddreamer, I have no advice unfortunately :(

Lol, Victoria is a badass with her shots @drove2u!
    Have you tried the crib yet?

• Drove2uDrove2u member
    @tvh1982 no crib yet. Probably a few more days as her room is still getting ready. But I'm dreading it. Haha 
  • @tvh1982 I have been doing a dream feed. Tonight he slept from 5-7 and he's still up at 7:45 so hopefully he will sleep longer tonight!
    @Drove2u -Eli has been in his crib for 3 months but that crib is in our room. I'm not ready to put it in his room yet bc it's way on the other side of the house.
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • yelllow22yelllow22 member
    edited May 2017
    Hi ladies! I feel terrible that I haven't posted in a very long time, life has been very busy with Luciana and we closed on our home when she was 2 weeks old, so we had to deal with moving, unpacking, buying furniture etc and if just couldn't keep up. Luciana is 10 weeks old now, I can't believe it! I go back to work full time next Wednesday and I'm having serious anxiety but other than that we've been very happy.
    Hope you are all doing great, I've missed being here!

@BlueEyedDreamer I had mastitis twice, I'm sorry you are going through that, for me it was absolutely awful, way worse than my c-section. I had chills, crazy sweats, fever and lots of pain. I called my OB and he prescribed antibiotics and by the next day I was doing much better. It is controversial whether they work or not for mastitis but both times It was almost instant relief for me. You need plenty of fluids, warm compresses and try to feed baby as much as possible, it hurts like hell but it actually helps. Hope you feel better soon! 
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    DX: Unexplained fertility 
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    1st IVF cycle March 2016 , planned ICSI, PGS, FET
    ER 3/31/16 30 retrieved, 26 fertilized normally
    Sent 8 embryos for PGS: 5 normal (3 AA, 1BA, 1BC)
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    Beta 5/23/16 BFN  :(
    2nd FET 6/12/16 (1 5AA embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    Beta 6/22/16 : BFP!!!  169 
    Beta #2 6/24/16: 412
    DD born 3/2/17
  • @tvh1982 when Cason first started daycare he didn't sleep much there either. Like everything else we've gone through with our LO's thus far... it will get better (eventually) lol 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @yelllow22 I feel your pain. Eli was born 3 weeks early on the day we were supposed to sign papers for our house. Then we moved when he was 6 days old. Life was certainly crazy but it will all settle down
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @yelllow22 I'm so sorry you've gone through this TWICE! Ugh. Thank goodness, the antibiotics seem to have done the trick for me, too. I still feel weak, but fever/chills/body aches/etc are much better today. 

Unfortunately, the baby is refusing to nurse on the side that was affected by mastitis. Not sure if the milk tastes different to him (which Dr. Google says can apparently happen) or whether it has affected the supply/flow on that side so much that he just doesn't think it's worth the effort. I'm trying to nurse and pump, too, but it's exhausting, and my supply is continuing to decline. I'm worried that this whole thing may mean that we're nearing the end of the road with the breastfeeding. I'm going to keep trying all this extra pumping through the weekend, but I don't think I'll be able to keep it up much longer. I promised myself after struggling for months with supply issues with DS1 that I wouldn't put myself (and my baby and my husband) through all that craziness again this time around - it was so hard on all of us. It sucks b/c one week ago right now, everything was going so well! I just hate that this is happening. :( 
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • ale9687ale9687 member
    Hi ladies, for those who are in the teething stage someone on my fb was asking about the amber teeth soothing necklaces and about 30 ppl swore by them. I don't have personal experience with them but I know a few people who have used them, one lady with all 5 of her kids. 
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Im using the necklace too for Pia @ale9687.
    At night we have a fuzz as I take it off at nighttime.
    And today she wasn't a happy camper as I can't find it (took it of for daycare in a rush..and mummybrain is not working)
    I do believe it works as when wearing she seems to do well, it also reduces her drooling.
    I hope she does well at my mums as she's there for the night, so I can catch on some sleep!

I did the moving just before Pia was born @yelllow22, (actually wasn't finished, she just decided that if her mummy still climbed dining tables to hang up lamps, she was safer to be outside the womb) she's now 6 months and my guest room is still a room full of boxes and other crap I don't know where to put. 
    Cant imagine doing it all when having a newborn though!

That just sucks big time @blueeyeddreamer. Crossing my fingers this weekend will get you back on track!

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @BlueEyedDreamer i am so sorry about the mastitis and the BF struggles that it brought. I hope that it resolves soon and your LO and you have the comfortable feeding soon, whatever you choose. I did not have mastitis but had pretty bad engorgement and LO refused to nurse from that hard side. Reverse presseure softening helped her to latch. My left side has had lower supply compared to right , i think bec of that. Lara is 6 months old now and finally left side cought up with the right side.
  • @BlueEyedDreamer How are you feeling? Any improvement breastfeeding? I was able to continue nursing normally, hopefully that's the case for you too but I hear you on not putting yourself through so much craziness 

@Griffin5413 It's insane to move when you have a newborn I really didn't know what I was getting myself into

@tvh1982 Our study is also filled with all the crap that we have no idea what to do with and I can foresee it looking the same in 6 months lol

37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    For those with teething babies, which date do you use to write down for first tooth?
    The day you see the white spot, you feel them or do you wait til they are completely grown?

• edited May 2017
    @yelllow22 Yes, I'm feeling better! And my supply has magically gone (almost) back to normal! So on we go with this breastfeeding journey. For now, haha!

@tvh1982 Does Pia have her first tooth??? So exciting!!! I think I wrote down when it broke through the gum for DS1. I remember crying that day b/c I knew I'd miss that sweet little toothless grin! 
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @tvh1982 I'd say the day you noticed the tooth
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    She's having two at the same time @blueeyeddreamer.

On Mothersday I said to my mum I'm pretty sure she's teething as there were these bumps that looked pretty white.
    The day after two white dots were seen and now they are almost completely showing. 
    Hope when she's awake I see that they are completely through her gums and only need to grow upwards. I'd think then the pain is gone.
    Not that she complains a lot, but I can tell she's not comfortable. (I'm afraid she has my high tolerance of pain, which is both great and not so good)

• Glad you are feeling better @BlueEyedDreamer!and can't believe you been through that twice @yelllow22-ouch!

Hope Pia is feeling better @tvh1982!  Two teeth at once must smart!

Just need to vent frustrations here and hope maybe some of our moms have been through this. My little one is 8weeks now. Besides 1 miracle night the first time we gave formula and she slept 5h (never repeatable), she will typically sleep 3h at night then wake/eat Sleep another 2 h and if I am lucky another 2h after the next feeding .Becasuse she has reflux and I have to hold her up 20-30mins means I get only a portion of that time to sleep. 
    We hired a sleep consultant ($700!) And she literally walked into our house and within 15 minutes had her asleep in the bassinet which was awesome. She has been great about working with us but we are still really struggling. I know her reflux can contribute to her not sleeping well but I have to go back to work in one month and I'm very worried about going on sometimes under 4 h of sleep. I am a veterinarian I have to do math, think logically, and literally have lives that pets in my hands and worried about being so tired to do that well and safely.
    If it was one bad night or two bad nights a week it would be one thing but every night and every day so far has left me very sleep-deprived (she sometimes only naps for 10-15mins during the day) .
    Any moms with babies that have been hard to get to sleep/ stay asleep? How do you deal with the exhaustion at work the following day?
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Does your LO sleep on her stomach @2legbaby
    I know that might be scary, but a lot of babies with reflux tend to sleep better this way.
    I believe Pia has silent reflux as she doesn't spit up (most of the time) she swallows it again. She sleeps half on her side half and on her belly and I have her mattress lifted. (She sleeps between a sight sleeper to keep her in place, but at 6 months and being very mobile I find her everywhere lately)
    My friend with a LO two weeks younger than mine has her LO sleeping on her belly with mattress lifted a little bit. Hers really spits up. (And her LO sleeps the whole night, mine doesn't)
    An aerosleep mattress might ease your worry when sleeping on belly.
    As for the sitting up after feeding, how awake is your LO at night? As most often they are half asleep when drinking they are more relaxed, which means they burp less, this could give less reflux at night. So you might not need to sit that long or at all.

• @2legbaby my son doesn't have reflux, but we went through sleepless nights like that when he was 2-3 months. He'd wake up every 2.5-3 hours at night to eat and then it would take me sometimes an hour to get him back to sleep. I was exhausted. About a week or so before I went back to work, he magically started sleeping in 4-5 hour stretches...sometimes got up to 6 and would go right back to sleep after eating at night. It got easier. Now he's 4.5 months and I think going through a sleep regression because he's back to 3 hour stretches. I won't lie, it's hard but I've also adjusted. I just take naps when I commute to and from work and I think my body adjusted that I'm more or less ok at work. When all else fails, I just close my eyes for a few minutes when I pump at work :smile: Hopefully things will get easier for you and you and your LO will both get some much needed rest! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @2legbaby My LO did not have reflux so I can not have any recommendation on that end. Lara was sleeping pretty well until 4 month regression, she was sleeping from 8pm to 7 am with waking up 1-2 times just for feeding and sleeping immediately with nursing. Then she started to wake up a lot and it was the time i was already back to work. It got pretty bad at some point because we moved to a new apartment and also she got a cold. She started to wake up every 2 hours, sometimes did not wanna go back to sleep. I must admit that I am tired, but I function well at work ( I hope :)) ) Now she is better in her sleep again, going to bed at 8-9pm and wakes up at around 3 am once. One thing I need to do is to go to sleep as early as possible. It is hard, I need to do the dishes and take care of my self and the apartment after she goes to bed. But the first stretch of her sleep is the longest so I want to use it as much as possible. Sorry i do not have any real advice but I just wanted to say that you function somehow. The other thing is ask help from your SO ! My mistake is that i nurse her to sleep so H is usually useless at night. But I wake him up (he does not wake up by himself with LO`s voice) if Lara refuses to nurse so he takes over for any diaper change or putting her into sleep.
  • @2legbaby Eli has reflux and I went through a lot of the same. For me ultimately for the first few months he slept in a Lounger in our bed bc he was partially upright and I could just roll over to feed him. It was more for my sanity and sleep. Once he was able to roll onto his tummy I can't tell u what a diff it made. He slept sooooo much better. Now at 5 1/2 months he gets a good 7-9 hour stretch and that started prob around 4 months. It will get easier I promise! I'm up at 4:45 for work so I totally get your worry about exhaustion and somehow we make it work. I think I fall asleep at like 8:30 these days bc I can't stay up longer.

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kelrauhkelrauh member
    @2legbaby - we are going through this with our boy who is 6 weeks. We have him on zantac and the only way he will sleep right now is in a rock and play or on us. We got our first 5 hour stretch last night. Last night I finally gave in and let him sleep at night in it and we slept so good no screaming or spitting up. If he can hold his head up decent I would say try the rock and play next to your bed. We have 2 different types of rock and plays and one I wont let them sleep in ans the other I will because its not on as much of an incline but my babies are preemies so they are much smaller.

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• ale9687ale9687 member
    @2legbaby on the reflux I was told by my aunt who has internal issues that having the baby leaning left during feeding helps keep the formula down. On the sleeping, once we started ds on the eat, play, sleep schedule he would sleep 5-6 hours after bedtime. He then wakes up 3-4 hrs later but usually he just takes a quick 2-4oz and goes right back to sleep. 
  • @2legbaby It was horrible, I cried a lot!
    You may be overwhelmed by the amount of information by now lol  but here's my 2 cents. Luciana was sleeping 1 and a half to 2 hr stretches and she would only sleep on the mamaroo instead of the co sleeper. At her 1 month check up ( She was actually 6 weeks old) she was diagnosed with acid reflux and started zantac. About 2 days after she started the Zantac she magically slept from 11 pm to 6 am, and has been sleeping through the night ever since. I assume she wasn't sleeping well because of the discomfort which is also why she won't sleep in a horizontal position. The pediatrician is ok with her sleeping in the mamaroo and we are using a swaddle strap instead of the sacks so we can buckle her in...
    Hope some of the suggestions help, not sleeping sucks big time, hang in there! 
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
  • Thank you awesome  mommas for your experiences and advice-its good to know if it doesn't get better that you function somehow :smile:

@tvh1982 Medora has silent reflux as well! I have her mattress inclined as well but am scared about trying her on her tummy. You make a great point about her nighttime feedings-she doesn't burp quite as much and maybe I don't need to hold her as long- I will definitely give that a try!

@tulips29 I am sorry he is having a setback (almost more cruel to have the gift of longer sleep and then have it taken away!).I sadly was already planning for some mid day naps while pumping lol I normally wouldn't be able to do that but sleep deprivation makes falling asleep a lot easier LOL 

@zoefer it is good to know one can still function on such broken sleep! Medora used to only fall asleep if nursing and that the sleep consultant helped us break-good for me but DH now get a witching hour duty (6-10pm) so I can try and sleep but she is so resistant during thisn time I usually only get 2 hours because she won't go down-but better than nothing! 

@Griffin5413 your experience gives me hope!!!Glad Eli is doing so much better! Hoping my LO learns to roll over  early lol! 

@kelrauh I am so glad Patrick is doing better! How is it going back to work?We have a rock n play (my friends son also had reflux and he slept in there) but we have only gotten her to sleep on it once. The crazy thing is sometimes when we hold her she is less inclined/ more horizontal and doesn't seem to bother her as much! 

@ale9687 I will try the left leaning during feeding! Our sleep consultant also showed us to put a rolled blanket in and prop her to left when first goes down  then remove blanket (I don't do at night so I don't fall asleep with it in there) we are also working on an eat play sleep routine, it has only been 1.5 weeks but so far no improvement in night sleep 

@yelllow22 my sleep consultant also told us a lot of our sleep issues are likely due to reflux. Medora is on zantac and it has helped. I am also cutting out dairy, caffeine and peanuts to try and rule out a food sensitivity. Our sleep consultant is against having them sleep in bouncer/ rock n play etc which I understand  but for sanity sake we may have to try different sleep spots! 

Thank you again mamas!Glad to know we are not alone in this struggle! 

******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed