July 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-In 5/17

Happy Wednesday!

This thread is for July moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to?

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

Any questions you want to ask the group?

GTKY:
If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?

Re: PGAL Check-In 5/17

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    mmc in July2016, passed naturally at what should have been 12w

How far along are you? 
    31w6d

How are you doing? 
    Overall good.  Starting to feel big and achy.  Then I look at my friend who is due in two weeks and remember that I still have a way to go.

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to?
    We had a second anatomy scan today, because baby's kidneys were measuring big at 20wks.  Everything is looking good now, so we are back to average risk!  Next appt is in two weeks for a routine check-in.  Next milestone is probably getting our bedroom moved (we are switching rooms to be on the same floor as the nursery), and finishing some decor for the nursery.  Hope to have those done by the end of this month.

We did our hospital tour last night.  I was pretty disappointed in how much they kept emphasizing various things that are not part of my birth plan (examples- I'm planning a natural birth and would prefer to be in a birthing center or even homebirth if there hadn't been risks from my pgal-ness, etc, yet there was soooo much talk about when/how to get an epidural and continual reassurance that they have formula available if I don't want to breastfeed).  On the plus side, they have special wrist/ankle bands the mom and baby wear that sing a lullaby when they are put together.  Super cute!

I'm curious how others handled Mother's Day?  On the one hand, I think I became a mother the day the first stick got it's second line.  On the other, I identify myself as a first time mom.  DH opted not to do anything for me, and I'm okay with that, but also a smidge disappointed at the same time.

GTKY:
    I'd like to pretend that I'd use the time to study a new language or get an advanced degree in something.  In reality, I'd probably watch all the Netflix.

• @optbaby2017 I am a STM so this year we spent mothers day as a family.  While I was pregnant with my first DH wished me a happy mothers day but didn't go as far as to do anything for me.  Just think of it as a get out of jail free card for father's day which isn't far away!!  You'll have lots of them in the future :)  

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    natural mc at 6w in Sept 

How far along are you? 
    31w2d

How are you doing? 
    I'm actually feeling better than I was a few weeks ago.  The heartburn has eased up.  My body temp seems to have regulated.  I'm definitely sore but that's to be expected

Next appt is next Wednesday.  Looking forward to my US at 36 weeks to check babes position and scar thickness to make sure I'm good to go for a vac!

It's may long this weekend.  I'm getting the last of the grocery shopping and packing done today and we are pulling out for a weekend with no cell service in the mountains!  DS is going to have a blast and I couldn't be more excited to sit around a fire with an awesome view and enjoy my mocktails!

Are you all feeling the hiccups yet?  Regularly?  I swear my first never stopped hiccuping and j have yet to feel them this time

GTKY: 
    I'd probably use that time to do my cleaning.  Cleaning with a toddler is like cleaning during a tornado.  
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Loading the player...
  • @optbaby2017  Glad you had a good scan!! As for mother's day, my husband asked what I would like him to do for me, but my preference was to go away for the weekend with my mom for a last beach trip for just the two of us. I happily accepted all the well wishes from people, but definitely agree that being pregnant on mother's day is kind of a limbo. Part of my mixed feelings probably come from the fact that I was pregnant last year during mother's day and father's day.  Consensus in my family was basically it should be celebrated, but I was fine with my husband not being on the hook this year since he's got many years of that in his future :)

@MrsN092714 I haven't felt hiccups with any sort of regularity. Experienced them maybe a half dozen times so far... Enjoy your mocktails! I always feel like I need to explain to people side-eying me that it's not really booze.
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 3 mc in 2016

How far along are you? 30+4

How are you doing? Actually, pretty well mentally. Physically, starting to have some periods of time where I can't get comfortable to save my life. 

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to? We'll have another appointment in 2 weeks. My shower is this Sunday, so I'm excited for that. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: We had a growth scan on Tuesday and she measured perfectly, about a week ahead. Got to watch her practicing to breathe/suck/swallow for a little while. We were even able to see that she has a full head of hair! The tech got a great shot where you can see her hair floating all around her head.

Any questions you want to ask the group? Not at the moment.

GTKY: 
    If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Have a super clean house. Actually be on top of my work. More craft time. 
  • @optbaby2017 Mother's Day this year we actually celebrated. I wasn't sure if we were going to or not, and I wasn't sure how to feel about it either. Some people don't think you're a mother until you have an outside baby, some people consider you a mother the second the stick turns. I feel like a mom, and yet I don't, so I don't really know how I feel. In previous years, Mother's Day was hard because it brought up the loss, but this year it was more exciting because I'm so close to having my outside baby. I spent most of the day thinking about spending Mother's Day with him next year. Still bittersweet though, because I thought about the baby we lost as well. My DH's family acknowledged it, one aunt sending me a card and his mom giving me a photo frame. DH also got me some small presents. My family on the other hand seemed uncomfortable with the me being celebrated as well, and basically ignored it, and didn't say anything to me. Funny enough, everyone was over our house together, so it was interesting. 

@MrsN092714 I still don't think I've felt any hiccups. That might be because of where my placenta is (smack in the middle of my belly). I can see the kicks and stuff come through there, but I can't ever feel them. I bet his abdomen is almost always there, ergo I don't feel the hiccup

Miscarriage in January 2015 at 5 weeks, passed naturally. 

How far along are you?  
    32 weeks! 

How are you doing? I'm ok. Still mentally recovering from the extremely busy weeks, but it's looking up. I still have some low moments, but I'm also feeling more normal. Physically, I'm a wreck. I'm having a serious back problem. See rant. 

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to? Just had an appointment yesterday, and everything was great. Will have another one in two weeks. Still very anxiously awaiting getting to full term! June 21st, and then I can birth at my birthing center. I've been telling LO that he has to hold on until then, and then as soon as he's ready it's go time. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Mini rant: I'm pretty sure I lost a small piece of my mucus plug, and my midwife barely even cared when I told her. I know it's probably not a big deal, but I wish she would have at least checked my cervix just so I would know..... sigh. Bigger rant: My back is a wreck. This one specific spot is all messed up and if I sit up, or really stay in any position too long, it's start spasming. I went to a chiropractor hoping that would fix it, and it's only gotten worse. I don't think the chiropractor actually made it worse but it sure hasn't helped. The worst is when I try to drive, so I'm sort of home bound now, which doesn't bode well for me. 

GTKY: 
    If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Lol, everything. More cleaning, more cooking, more crafts, more TV. Way more time to spend with my husband, which would be awesome. 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    Natural miscarriage July 2016 at 8weeks. 

How far along are you? 
    32w5d

How are you doing? 
    Growing more tired by the day! I'm not sleeping very well, turning side to side all night long. The feet swelling is also getting worse as it is warmer outside. I broke down and am wearing my nude compression socks with a dress today. My legs and feet feel so much better, but I look like a grandma and it's too hot for pants! 

Had my growth ultrasound yesterday and baby boy is measuring really well. A bit ahead on head size! They also estimated him at around 5lbs.  I'm looking forward to my baby shower this weekend!

I was disappointed that we did not get a 3d shot at our ultrasound as I have anterior placenta and his face was pushed up against it and would not move.

GTKY: 
    More time with DH, doing crafts, cooking. 
  • optbaby2017optbaby2017 member
    edited May 2017
    @mjacks16 My baby loves her placenta, too. We did manage to get a 3d shot this week, but they had to digitally cut away the placenta so the pic actually looks like part of her skull is missing. Little zombie baby! 

@kerils Back pain sucks. I have a partial permanent injury from work several years ago and do chiro regularly to keep it in check. Sometimes I find it takes a second or third adjustment to get things really settled. Also massage is wonderful. And I have better luck with ice than heat. Hope you feel better soon! 
  • @kerils I wouldnt worry about the mucus plug yet, it regenerates and really doesn't mean anything about potential labour.  Hope your back feels better... Maybe a massage is called for!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17