June 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY - how did your S/O propose?

ladylolly89ladylolly89 member
edited April 2017 in June 2017 Moms
Totally stole this from September. I have no shame.  
EDIT - I mean October! No shame AND no brain.

Re: GTKY - how did your S/O propose?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 I'm fairly close to Hopkinsville even though I'm in Indiana.

I think your and @awoodruff27 's stories are so romantic because of the "all in" nature of them both. 
  • Options
    DH and I met at quizzo (pub trivia), we were on rival teams and his was the best team in Philly. Soon enough, we were dating and I was playing with that team, we even travel for tournaments. After 3 years of dating, he proposed to me on stage at the big annual quizzo event here in Philly in front of a crowd of 300 or so trivia nerds. There was a whole comedic set up for it where I won in a raffle to "play for a prize" on stage, our friend is a comedian and he gave me all the worst clues and I kept getting the questions wrong until he asked a question where the answer was "Yes" and DH was on his knee, it was hilarious and great. If you look up "the proposal nerd 'round the world", it's on YouTube. 
    OMG the video is adorable, that's so awesome! 
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea haha, thank you! We are nerdy and in love. 
  • Options
    I loved reading all of these stories! 

My hubby and I met in high school. I was 15 and he was 16 when we started dating. For my 19th birthday he picked me up from our apartment in a Limo. While we were driving he got down on one knee and proposed. The princess cut diamond was in a wooden box with blue silk. 

We then continued on to our dinner destination the Olive Garden. When we arrived my family, his family and our grandparents were all seated in the restaurant. It was a complete surprise and a wonderful night. 
  • Options
    MistiemorningMistiemorning member
    edited May 2017
    It was September 28, 2014. We had been dating for over 3 years by then. We went for our annual hike which is very scenic and climbs upwards pretty high. Its a tough one. We stopped to rest where the view was beautiful and he asked if I was happy with the way things are between us and I said yes. He said he wasn't quite happy and that he'd be happier if we got married (he took his grandmother's ring out at that moment). I of course agreed. I was elated. I had maybe suspected it that day because he said he had a couple surprises for me but I honestly didn't think he was ready to propose so all in all I was pretty surprised!! We got married October 31st 2015.