July 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check-in May 16

Hey first time mamas!

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: What have you done for you lately?
ME: 34 | DH: 36
Married: 6/2016
TTC:6/2016
BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

Re: FTM Check-in May 16

• Options

How far along are you? 32 weeks! 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Not new really, just hormones continuing to ramp up and cause problems. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Apt. tomorrow! Hopefully I can get some questions answered and not get cut off like last time. 

Rants/raves? Rave: husband's boss let him switch his hours today so he could come to our baby class tonight!! 

GTKY: What have you done for you lately? 
    Uhh, nothing lol. And I probably should, might help me feel better. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 32.5 weeks!

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Reflux has ramped up from all afternoon/evening to all day. Yum.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Growth scan for no weight gain on my end, but happily baby measuring great!

Rants/raves? So happy the weather is finally turning warm! I was telling myself all winter that once the leaves are out and its sunny and warm, it's almost baby time, and that's finally here.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Does it ever feel uncomfortable/crampy for you when baby shifts around? Not from kicks but just from rearranging and kind of pushing me around inside and then my uterus cramps up and gets sore.

My friend insisted I come for a pedi with her, I thought it was unnecessary at the time but now I keep looking at my toes and feeling happy :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you?
    29+5

Feet/ankle swelling like crazy, left more than right for some reason. 

Derm wants to ramp up my skin treatment (I really do look like a disaster) since baby is growing more than developing. 

Rants/raves? 
    MIL decided Mother's Day dinner that I was cooking for her started at 3 (told me so at 1). Rave-bought a like new Dutalier Glider that reclines and locks on Craigslist for $75!

I'm not registering for a swing or bouncer because I don't want to build dependence on them and they can result in container babies and over stimulation, messing with their vestibular sense. I feel like I have yet to meet someone who doesn't have one, am I making a bad choice?

Nothing, stressed over this big Quality Review being done at our school. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @chamomile-2  Yes.  I thought I was having BH but turns out, when baby moves and puts pressure on different parts it's uncomfortable and feels like BH.  I had to skip my barre class last night because of how baby was laying and I couldn't breath from all the pressure.

How far along are you?  29+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?  Just sore hips, and being tired...same old, same old. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  3-hour GTT last week, which I passed!! Now just every 2 weeks!

Rants/raves?  The weather is turning!..finally sun and temps about freezing!

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  --

I scheduled a massage and a pedi for this weekend.  With my hips being so sore and not sleeping great because of it, I couldn't hold out any longer.  Our baby shower is Sunday so I decided that Saturday was a perfect day to pamper myself and a pedi seemed perfect (and I can't bend over to paint my toes and be able to breathe at the same time). 

• Options
    @chamomile-2 Yes. I'm not sure I've even had BH contractions. I think it's all baby moving around. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @chamomile-2 YES! This LO is so active, it definitely gets uncomfortable. Especially when it literally feels like she is trying to escape. 

@jkbrownstein out of curiosity, what is your derm going to 'ramp up'?? Our babies are definitely still developing at this point...

How far along are you? 32 +6

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Just so uncomfortable 24/7. The small strip of skin between the bottom of my boobs and top of my bump is so itchy & painful. I took someone's advice (can't remember who) and starting putting coconut oil on it. Hopefully that will help. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope. Have on Thursday. 

Rants/raves? DH went out Sunday night after dinner and got me ice cream. He is a hero in my books. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? not that I can think of. 

I have been letting DH do more than I normally would. He has been a champ. He has been doing the majority of dishes, laundry, dog feedings, etc. IDK what I would do without him.

@SquirttheTurtle you're a genius. I just might do the same (my shower is also Sunday). 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @rae1-3 Look at getting some Chickweed Salve.  I had never heard of it before, but when I had that rash before easter, a girl at work suggested it.  Worked 100x better than anything OTC and it's 100% natural.  DH has eczema and cortisone doesn't work too well...the Chickweed had his spot cleared in less than 24 hours! 

• Options
    Apologies for the double post, I forgot to add this

@jkbrownstein Re: swings. I have never heard of container babies, but you made me curious. From what I could find briefly, it doesn't seem like swings or any other container for that matter is the problem per say (according to these sites) but more that parents end up over using them and not getting the baby down on the floor to play enough. I can't comment on the legitimacy of container babies, but I can tell you why I have a rocker. I didn't plan on having a swing myself because I plan to wear my baby as much as possible if I'm up and doing things. However, there are certain things you can't/shouldn't do with a baby attached to you. The biggest one is cooking. It's dangerous to baby wear while you're cooking, simply because the food could splash and hit baby and really burn their skin. Plus all the other things that can potentially go wrong when dealing with hot food and cooking tools. So my advice would be to have something to put baby in when your doing activities like this (another one is showering if no one else is around to hold the baby). It doesn't have to be a swing or rocker, but if you want something small to pop baby into for these activities, they seem to work really well. Otherwise you'll have to put baby in the crib or bassinet or wherever else, and the baby won't be in the room with you (which I would rather).
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    lph4248lph4248 member
    How far along are you? 32+2!

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I have been terrible about keeping up with this check-in, so I'll say for sure yes but not bore you with the details.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Routine stuff + Rhogam, which was not bad at all. I'll take Rhogam over a flu shot any day.

Rants/raves? Rant: Stupid restless legs make me fidget like a toddler when it's past 8pm. They usually chill out once I fall asleep, and I'm really grateful for that. Rave: I'm *pretty sure* I felt a little foot kick my ribs last night. I think her back is facing out based on what I'm feeling when she moves, but it's so hard to tell if she's head-down. Fingers crossed.

I'm going to get a massage at some point in the next couple of weeks... my parents' birthday present to me. I'm just trying to think when I'll enjoy it most, but the answer is probably literally any day ever.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    How far along are you? 29+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? My old friend, evening nausea, is back to visit.  Hopefully this is a short visit and this isn't my life for the next 11 weeks.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope

Rants/raves? Excited for my baby shower this weekend.

On Sunday, DH and I went for a walk in a beautiful nearby park.  The temperature was perfect, and it was so nice to be outside.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 32+1

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Just feet in my ribs! So. Much. Movement. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had a growth scan bc my fundal height measured 3 weeks behind... growth scan showed baby in the 97th percentile. Eek!

Rants/raves? Just still can't really eat anything without reflux and sometimes vomiting still. Oh - my shower is this weekend and I'm getting really excited!

... I don't think so? I feel like I do but can never remember them when it comes time to ask. 

GTKY: What have you done for you lately? Hm. I don't do a lot of pampering just bc I've never really been into that. I did go swimming at my cousin's today and we're going to dinner and movie together Friday evening. So that will be fun. 
  • Options
    @chamomile-2 yes! Movements are so uncomfortable sometimes, I think I end up startling my husband because I'll be grimacing or making sounds

How far along are you? 
    33w2d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Um, just more discomforts, plus some insomnia.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? regular OB appt last week, nothing new going on

Rants/raves? 

I have been trying to be more forgiving of myself, asking for help more, and trying not to get frustrated at the stuff that I used to be able to do but can't or shouldn't. And thankfully H is usually understanding and eager to help.  
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    How far along are you?
    30 + 2 
    I feel a bit sore when I climb up stairs. 
    Yes today, all seems good, had a lot of questions answered. 
    Rants/raves? 
    My husband just ruined our mattress protector.. I have no idea how that was even possible... laundry isn't is forte. 
    none for now 
    I've started saying no to people. I first give myself priority now and I also got myself new shoes lol
  • Options
    @ginger1228 so happy to hear baby is growing right on schedule!  Take that outdated fundal height!

• Options
    @rae1-3 Just a stronger antibiotic, it's category B and approved by my OB. 

@kerils Thank you for that thorough response, I do have something to put the baby in. My mother is a Physical Therapy supervisor and worked as a PT for 30 years in early intervention. She saw the impact of babies sleeping on their backs before tummy time was a thing and is now seeing the impact babies spending too much time in cradled containers (not hard flat surfaces) as well as sleeping in devices that are constantly moving. She's definitely made me a little paranoid. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 32w4d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? The RLP is back with a vengeance, even with the support belt. I've noticed it's worse in the afternoons, especially when I bend over to put the dogs' harnesses on and to pick up their poop. Makes walking them a little difficult.

Also, the skin on my belly is so tight and shiny. LOL.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Hahaha...I had three yesterday. My endocrinologist just wanted to see me once before DD arrives (my numbers are really good). My OB just did the normal check and I'm now going every 2 weeks. My growth scan showed that DD is measuring about 2 weeks ahead all around (I don't have GD, so this is most likely due to DH's genes since my family is all on the smaller side and his is most definitely not). I would not be surprised if I have to have another growth scan in a few weeks.

Rants/raves? 

GTKY: What have you done for you lately?
    Does buying lots of clothes and shoes count? LOL. I'm actually planning to go get a mani/pedi on Friday and then try and find a cute baby shower dress for Saturday (one I ordered did not arrive in time and the backup was too small).

Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    33w today

Some braxton hicks, I think? (see below)  But otherwise not much else.  My right foot is swelling more frequently.

OB appointment this past Monday.  Everything was fine, gave me a requisition for another ultrasound so I'm excited to see my girl one last time before she comes out! 

Rants/raves? 
    Rants:  Pisses me off that I lose 2 hours of work to see my OB for literally 5 minutes.  Ugh.
    SMIL/FIL are going to be around 1.5 weeks before my due date.  Still upset that they won't stick around a little longer until she's born.   

Do BH feel the same as labour (but obviously way less intense) Like period cramping? 

Nothing unfortunately. 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    @rae1-3 Just a stronger antibiotic, it's category B and approved by my OB. 

@kerils Thank you for that thorough response, I do have something to put the baby in. My mother is a Physical Therapy supervisor and worked as a PT for 30 years in early intervention. She saw the impact of babies sleeping on their backs before tummy time was a thing and is now seeing the impact babies spending too much time in cradled containers (not hard flat surfaces) as well as sleeping in devices that are constantly moving. She's definitely made me a little paranoid. 
    Oof, fellow daughter of a PT here. They know how to take the extreme cases they see, and generalize it to make you paranoid, for sure! 
    My mother worked with DS on all kinds of developmental skills, which was nice... but I was also kind of like, "Mom, please don't teach him to crawl yet! I like being able to just put him down."

My guess is you have zero risk for having a container baby, with this influence on your life. Swings are a godsend, I swear to you!! 
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 I figured I won't put one on my registry and I can always grab a used one from Once Upon a Child.
    My poor brother has been getting so much flack from my mom because he did very little tummy time (my mom believes all time is tummy time except sleep) and constantly had my nephew in his rock n play. Doesn't help that he's 11 months and just started crawling.  
  • Options
    It's nice that you've been exposed to both extremes, so you can be the rational, sane, balanced one in the family now!