Baby Names
Options

Girl Name - Isabel, Audrey or other?

Hi All! I'm due today with a baby girl and I'm still shocked that we don't have a name locked down. The problem is our last name. It ends in Ska and sounds similar to Plisca, so a lot of names sound "lispy" with it. I don't like anything that ends in an "A" because it rhymes too much, which eliminates tons of girl names. Baby has an older brother named Owen. We aren't very concerned with names being too popular or odd - we just have to really love the name. Also, I would like it to be professional/adult sounding. Middle name will be either Theresa (1st preference) or Louise after one of my grandmothers. I'll solidify the MN based on what sounds good with our chosen first name. We don't think either sound good as first names with our last, but we're ok with putting them in the MN spot. 

Names we're considering: Isabel, Audrey. We'd likely use Isabel Theresa or Audrey Louise. I'm not in love with either though.
Names we like, but seem too similar to Owen: Gwyneth/Gwen, Corinne
Names we like, but friends/family have already used something similar so we've eliminated: Maeve, Marlo
Names one of us likes, but the other doesn't: Cassidy (nn Cassie), Sybil, Bridget, Gretchen, Meredith, Caroline, Harriet (nn Hattie), Margo, Marian, Daphne

Really appreciate any suggestions that we may have overlooked! Thanks in advance.

Re: Girl Name - Isabel, Audrey or other?

• Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    I like Bridget and Audrey! 

Other suggetions

Alice
    Phoebe
    Beatrice
    Beatrix
    Ruth 
    Louise as the first name
    Noelle
    Maren
    Zoe
    Jacqueline
    Genevieve 
  • Options
    Isabel Louise! 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Audrey is one of my favorites. Audrey Louise is perfect!
  • Options
    It seems like we have similar taste. The top boy name on our list is Owen and we have a daughter named Audrey. So Audrey is my vote! 
  • Options
    I like both your choices. If I had to choose, I'd go with Audrey Louise.

• Options
    NME44NME44 member
    Audrey. For sure.
  • Options
    jwing23jwing23 member
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I'm leaning Audrey at this point, but am going to wait to meet her to make sure it fits. 
  • Options
    ccm2017ccm2017 member
    Audrey Louise for sure!
  • Options
    MrsCFBMrsCFB member
    Love the name Audrey!
  • Options
    satuttle1014satuttle1014 member
    edited May 2017
    My favorite out of your top 2 is Audrey. Out of your other options, I like Corinne. I don't think it's too similar to Owen. I have a Corianne so similar and I like it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I prefer Audrey over Isabel. But I LOVE Marian. But my DH didn't...
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Audrey