September 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Meal Plan 5/15

Hello!  After just getting back from vacation I am needing some healthy foods in my life! Also, happy late mothers day and I hope you all had an awesome weekend.

Monday-Homemade chicken soup with avocado toast and fresh fruit
Tuesday- Red lentil pasta with mushroom and beef sauce, side salad ( from our garden), asparagus
Wednesday- Salmon burgers with avocado sauce, side salad, cauliflower
Thursday- Veggie omelets
Friday- Out for a late mothers day dinner with my Mom!

Re: Monday Meal Plan 5/15

• Options
    Red Lentil pasta sounds interesting. Is the pasta made out of lentils or is it a lentil sauce? I'm feeling less than creative this week.

Monday: Brautwurst, German potato salad, melon
    Tuesday: Spinach Manicotti, veggie
    Wednesday: Pork ramen soup
    Thursday: Dinner at a friend's
    Friday: Taco night
  • Options
    JNR6510JNR6510 member
    @CoastalMomma I know they have red lentil pasta. It is pretty good. Bean sauce on pasta just sounds odd...

Monday - Cajun fried chicken, white cheddar scalloped potatoes, and Brussels sprouts
    Tuesday - Grilled salmon, corn on the cob, and spinach salad
    Wednesday - Venison burgers, mashed cinnamon sugar carrots, and green beans
    Thursday - Pork chops, apple stuffing, and edamame
    Friday - Venison tenderloin, twice baked potatoes, honey oat rolls, and ginger sugar snap peas
    Saturday - Pizza day!
    Sunday - leftovers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love seeing everyone's creative meals. 

Monday- grilled chicken salad and bacon wrapped asparagus 
    Tuesday - out with DH parents for mothers day
    Wednesday - pizza night with sourdough crust
    Thursday - freezer meal (whatever I can find) 
    Friday - school picnic
    Saturday - scrounge
  • Options
    @JNR6510, I have a recipe in one of my America's Test Kitchen books for a vegetarian pasta that has a lentil based sauce. The lentils are used in lieu of ground meat. I haven't tried it, but it actually sounds pretty good. 
  • Options
    @CoastalMomma I use lentil pasta.  The only ingredient is red lentils.  I like to switch up my pastas from time to time plus the red lentil pasta has more protein.  
  • Options
    I got this at Walmart, and if it's cooked enough it can pass for pasta. But my family is from Sicily so I'm kind of a pasta snob. It's hard to truly believe it's pasta and not a lentil fake, but it works. I like to make a cream sauce and toss in some Parmesan and some black eyed peas. 

• Options
    Tonight - Leaving the husband in charge while I go for a run - which probably means they're eating tuna
    Wed - chicken broccoli casserole
    Thu - chicken fajita salad
    Fri - burgers with sweet potato fries
    Sat - TBD
    Sun - Dinner out with the hubs