October 2017 Moms
Options

Monday ticker change - brand new questions

Ok ladies, I read on some other thread that the ticker change questions were getting too predictable :wink: so here are some new ones for your answering pleasure.....

1. What are you most enjoying about the second trimester? 

2. What is the best advice you have received regarding pregnancy and/or parenting? What is the worst or most annoying? 

3. What do you most wish your SO/BF/or family would do for you during this pregnancy (what would be most useful)?

4. Any other things you want to share?

Re: Monday ticker change - brand new questions

• Options
    1. What are you most enjoying about the second trimester? Getting to buy new maternity clothes. Summer ones are cuter than the winter ones. Also getting close to finding out the gender!

2. What is the best advice you have received regarding pregnancy and/or parenting? What is the worst or most annoying? Haven't really received any great advice. Worst is about how to diet while pregnant and to wear a belly wrap for weight loss while pregnant. Yeah.

3. What do you most wish your SO/BF/or family would do for you during this pregnancy (what would be most useful)? Not be so nit picky and actually treat me like I'm pregnant. He's had almost no interest and expects me to keep doing everything as usual during this pregnancy. 

4. Any other things you want to share? Dr apt on Thursday this week. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker 
     May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
      Image result for birthday cake explodes balloon gif

• Options
    KSweetKSweet member
    @azerimama Is this Thursday when you will hopefully see the gender? I hope your husband has a change of heart right quick :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Getting my sleep back a little. I dont wake up 2 or 3 times a night. Just once, around 4h30...and thats great!!! 
    Ohhh and that bump!!! 

2. What is the best advice you have received regarding pregnancy and/or parenting? What is the worst or most annoying? 
    Best advice was to get a doppler! Its been so good to my anxiety im never getting rid of it lol

3. What do you most wish your SO/BF/or family would do for you during this pregnancy (what would be most useful)?
    Honestly he's surprised me. He has always been super affectionate, understanding and helpful but i just cant think of *anything* id want him to do differently, thats how good hes been to me. 
    Ok, on his day off, maybe just jump on me one time a day instead of 3 lol. And he wonders why im dead tired around 8pm.

Anataomy scan in. Two. Days!!!!!!! Cant believe we made it thid far, sssso happy. 

• Options
    KSweetKSweet member
    @yasandson At what point did you use your doppler? I've been afraid to try mine because I heard the home ones don't often work until five months and I'm afraid I will freak myself out if I don't find a heartbeat. 
  • Options
    @KSweet i only bought mine two weeks ago i think, maybe less. Im now 20w, but Dr has been able to find it pretty quickly around i think 15 weeks so its worth trying! But dont freak out if you cant find it just yet. Ive watched tons of YouTube videos to helps lol
  • Options

Being honest about the pregnancy. We didn't tell until last week, but now there are no more secrets to keep

this is for closer to delivery, so I'm sure I will say it again as we get closer to delivery. That you should think of your due date like a mountain, not a cliff. Some will go before their due dates and some will go after. I try to forget the bad advice. 

To take the kids so I can rest and get stuff done. He does sometimes, but more is better

nope, I'm good

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    1. What are you most enjoying about the second trimester? so far not much, i am not really feeling much better. i do love how 2nd tri means closer to the finish line though :)

2. What is the best advice you have received regarding pregnancy and/or parenting? What is the worst or most annoying? from our pedi "you are going to feel guilty for the rest of your life being a parent, don't let this be one of the things" she was walking about BFing...but if i step back you can apply it to nearly anything. the stress you put on yourself when they are babies is really pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

worst advice - i honestly dont like when people get all huffy about advice ppl give. they are trying to be helpful. i might not use it but i am not going to stick my nose up at the either. i just smile and nod. but if i had to pick it would be "old timer" advice about cereal in bottles or car seat safety...but again just smile and nod.

3. What do you most wish your SO/BF/or family would do for you during this pregnancy (what would be most useful)? give me time of not doing anything. this is his busy time so i have been holding down the ship. which is fine. i just want pay back, without any comments from him. i know he doesnt mean them negatively but i just want to go out and come home and not hear ANYTHING about what the girls did or didnt do. i dont care.

4. Any other things you want to share? i am 15 weeks the size of a naval orange. 
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    KSweetKSweet member
    @carries2018 That is good advice from the ped....like you said, it applies to nearly everything, as long as you're doing your best! 

Navel orange baby over here too ;)

• Options
    Did we not have a check in thread this week? I wasn't able to get on at work yesterday, but I wasn't able to find one for this week when I got on today....

• Options
    @KSweet the ultrasound/AS is this Thursday! He's coming with me to this one!! I think this will help him to finally start feeling a bit more interested. He also finally felt the baby kick on Sunday too, so that was a big help. Sorry I didn't see your reply last week (I don't get on more than once or twice a week, too hard with a 4 year old and full time work).