Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester check-in Wk May 15

Happy Monday ladies!!!

Welcome to those who are new to this board!! 

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point, so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  

3. When is your next appointment?  

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  

QOTW:

1. What is something you do just for you?

Note: When you graduate up to the 2nd Trimester (woo hoo!!), write a quick post letting us know you are leaving. I want to keep the list updated, but don't want to delete names prematurely!                

Mommies to be:  

*If you wrote an estimate on your EDD and it changed, just tag me when it changes so that I can update. Thanks ladies!

@LeFemmeViolette EDD 11/16/17

@srh18 EDD 11/17/17 Triplets!

@famiylgrl86 EDD 11/20/17

@megmralph EDD 11/21/17

@DungeonTrollMel EDD 11/29/17

@lizycs EDD 11/30/17

@Jeansis EDD 11/30/17

@shytonia EDD 12/1/17

@retas EDD 12/1/17

@nikkilegare EDD 12/1/17

@liljoy 12/6/17 

@MountainLady EDD 12/6/17

@carterh33 12/8/17

@PoeMasque EDD 12/8/17

@kmallery08 EDD 12/13/17

@makinganexpatbaby EDD 12/15/17

@stella_700 EDD 12/17/17 TWINS!

@baevn EDD 12/20/17

@khinca EDD 12/21/17

@wabash15 EDD 12/25/17

@takethelongway EDD 12/28/17 (est) (TWINS!)

@jackiesmom324 EDD 12/30/17

@wanderlust14 EDD 12/30/17

@klake42 EDD 1/2/18

@juliagoolia719 EDD 1/2/18

*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: 1st Trimester check-in Wk May 15

• 1. How far along are you? 13w4d  What is your EDD?  Nov 16
    @wabash15 this will be my last week in the 1st tri thread!

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  I think my boobs are getting bigger. Still kinda tired. Still having some spotting.

3. When is your next appointment?  Our anatomy scan mid-June!

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Yes! Two big things happened this weekend! One- we went Facebook/Instagram official not just with the pregnancy, but also shared our IF struggle. If you're interested in the picture/post, check it out here! Also, for the first time ever, we were FINALLY able to find the heartbeat with our at-home doppler on Mothers Day. What a special treat it was. <3<3

QOTW:

1. What is something you do just for you? OMG I love love love DIY projects. If you'd like to see some of my work, there are a bunch on my IG acct (with some dog/cat photos interspersed).

Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  11.5 weeks & December 1st

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Not much of anything right now, which is fantastic! Just sore boobs still, but I am so used to that by now. They have never stopped aching since a week or two after getting pregnant. I have also been a bit more emotional than usual, but I think it's work stress more than anything else. 

3. When is your next appointment?  Tomorrow for an u/s and first appt with the OB. So excited to see our little one again! It has been three weeks since the last u/s! I'm so excited!

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Not really. 

QOTW:

1. What is something you do just for you? I play video games in my pjs for a few hours first thing after I wake up on Saturday mornings. I get up before DH and start playing and DH usually wakes up an hour or so into my session and watches me play for the rest of the morning while he drinks coffee. It's a really relaxing weekend ritual and totally selfish because I could/should be catching up on housework or doing some other productive thing with my morning energy, but instead I play video games. :smiley:

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Fabulous photo and post @LeFemmeViolette

@Jeansis good luck tomorrow :) i love a good couple routine - it sounds very relaxing!

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  somewhere between week 10 & 11... the US tech, RE and midwives are disagreeing, so it looks like I may get a bonus US this week! Dec 5th - 7th?

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  NOT NAUSEOUS!!!!!! After 2 months of misery (feels so wrong to type that when I am so happy to be pregnant, but there it is), I woke up 3 days ago and it was gone. I tentatively ate, and still felt good! My chest cough also lifted after doubling my inhaler dose & I can walk up stairs again without a rest.

With my new lease on prego-life I did my first mild exercise in 8 weeks and it was glorious.

My boobs are huge & have tiny amounts of secretions (what an awful word). Headaches. 

3. When is your next appointment?  Tomorrow to see if the obgyn will approve me for midwife care. They seem a bit nervous due to my asthma, but until last month it's really NEVER an issue for me - I'm hoping they agree it was just a freak bug and a weak hungry body! 

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I've never had so much empathy for people who are sick before - it is a slice of misery. When you can't eat for fun, exercise for endorphins or drink wine to forget... ugh. If anyone needs a ear to rant to, I am available!

Even though were still a bit early, were openly sharing the news with friends and acquaintances as we see them - it's mostly fun! I wish I'd saved it a little for a fun announcement, but I'm too excited and DH is too cynical!

QOTW:

1. What is something you do just for you? until recently I would do aerials - I get so much joy from being upside down and using my body. I clearly need to put some work I to an alternative though, as I can't handle another month without joy! Things on my list to try to become passionate about are sewing, gardening and drawing. FX.

Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 

7+5  

Nausea, dry heaving, backaches (really bad and they scare me!)

Tomorrow because I had some spotting yesterday and the backaches are rough so my OB agreed to fit me in on her very tight schedule.

I am more pregnant than I have ever been and it scares the shit out of me. I keep thinking something is wrong with the babes and I am going to miscarry again. It's mostly irrational fear, but it is still very real.

QOTW:

I used to run. A lot. But Once FET prep started this time around I stopped. But besides exercise, I really just love watching my shows or getting my nails done. My husband is a stay at home husband so a lot of my me time is used up at work since I feel guilty leaving him alone all the time. But, once we have these babes, I'll make sure he gets more him time as he'll be with them all day. 

Me: 31 PCOS + Homozygous A1298C MTHFR DH: 32 A-OK!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    April 2016-Hysterscopy and D&C
    May 2016-September 2016-Prepare to move to Qatar and TTC is on hold
    October 2016-Natural BFP & MC @ 6w
    December 2016-Natural CP
    April 2017-FET #2-BFP-It's TWINS!
    Follow our journey
  • @LeFemmeViolette we also FB announced this weekend with our story, but no clever pictures like yours! What a great idea :) we were really overwhelmed with the response we got, so many of our friends struggled and we didn't know! 

Also congrats on finding the HB!! What a great feeling :) until this week it took me like 20mins to find it most of the time (and sometimes I never found it)....and I'm trained in how to do it! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 10+5, 12/8  

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? I keep having to knock on wood....still not having anything that bad! Fatigue and general GI crankiness, but that's really it!

3. When is your next appointment? the 23rd for first OB us 

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  anyone else feel like their leg muscles are super tight?? No matter how mild the work out, I am sore for at least 2 days after.....I was a runner before so this is really irritating! 

QOTW:

1. What is something you do just for you? I love walking our neighborhood and looking at everyone's gardens. I also looooove to Netflix and chill....that's basically my weekend routine since we started IVF, go for a walk, Netflix and chill....haha

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just got back from my first ob appointment. It was a good appointment overall. Baby is right on track and we got to hear the heartbeat, but the ultrasound seemed really rushed. From the time I got on the table to the time the u/s was over, I don't think more than one or two minutes had gone by. We only got to hear the heartbeat for about three seconds and then she took the probe away. She didn't tell us what the heartbeat was either or take any time to point out features. I just felt like she wanted to hurry up and get us out of there. Also, the picture we got is not great. She just gave us the first one she got and then did a few others to send to the doc. I don't know if we have just been spoiled by our RE and the awesome care we got there, or if this tech was not really doing her job so well. Kind of disappointed by the experience but I feel like I don't have any cause to complain because everything was normal. Just a bit frustrated right now. Has anyone else had this kind of experience?
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  8+1 12/25

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  nausea, bloat, fatigue, constipation. oh and serious food aversions but its different every day... so I'm living on saltines and life cereal at the moment.

3. When is your next appointment?   thursday, I can't wait I've been spotting since saturday but thankfully its has slowed.

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  not that I can think of

QOTW:

1. What is something you do just for you? I try to do yoga in the mornings, its a little quiet time to stretch and strengthen before the crazy of the day starts

@lafemmeviolette I am so excited your graduating to the second trimester!

@jenasis I hope your US went well and glad to hear your feeling good!

@mountainlady glad your nausea has resolved! I look forward to that day!

@takethelongway I think its totally normal to be afraid. When my spotting was heaviest on sunday it was really making my PGAL brain go wild. I know its normal but its still scary. I hope everything looks good tomorrow.

@poemasque I feel tight if I don't stretch regularly... so the yoga really helps

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @Jeansis what a spoilsport! So frustrating to get that little info, especially when you both take the time off work to go. 
    Saying that, I just had my first OB appointment and it was massively underwhelming... a quick weigh in, looked at my 7 week US to confirm EDD and say I'm good to move to midwives. I thought I'd at least hear a heart beat or talk about what to expect. 
    FX the midwives are more hands on! Do you have the option to go with a midwife?

@wabash15 thank you :) 10 weeks and 3 days was the magical date... it's was like the nausea-switch flipped. Here's hoping you get rid of it even sooner!
    TXX:

• @MountainLady Awww, I'm sorry your experience was underwhelming! I hope your experience with the midwives will be better! The ob/gyn practice I go to has doctors and midwives on staff, and I met with one of the midwives today. As I understand it, I will meet with a different doc or midwife each visit and whoever is available when I go into labor is who delivers my baby. (That sounded a bit odd to me, but it's just how they do it I guess.) I liked the midwife I met with today. She was very thorough. I just didn't like the u/s tech. But we live in a rural area and there are no other ob practices where I live, so this is our only choice. :/ We used to drive two hours to see our RE, so I am grateful to only have a 15 minute drive to the doctor's office now. Just wasn't what I imagined, but hopefully next time will be better. 
  • srh18srh18 member
    So great hearing everyone's updates!! 

1. I'm 13+4. It's my last week on first tri!! I'm sad to be leaving this board but so excited to be moving into second tri. due date is 11/17. 

2. Still just extreme fatigue. It seems like it's getting worse rather than better. I've been feeling physically ill by the time I get home from work, especially at the end of the week. I feel ridiculous about it but I've approached my boss about shorter days + work from home. My primary goal is keeping these littles healthy and growing inside me, so I will gladly do whatever I have to! Acne is a bit unmanageable at this point as well, but it's always been a problem for me. I think half of it is just not being allowed to use my tried and true concoction of acne washes and ointments. I'm really not that upset about it. I'd take even worse acne over the way my body feels. :( 

3. This is the first week since week 5 that I haven't had a scan! I have an OB appt on Monday. My MFM joked that I'm going to have a part time job going to appts over the next 20 or so weeks. She isn't joking!! So. Many. Appointments! I feel so lucky to see my littles so frequently though. 

4. Nothing right now!

5. Of late, I just sleep as much as I can. I'm a big fan of treating myself, so typically I like yoga, pedicures, and going to lunch and the movies solo. I skip all of these to nap currently. :) 
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 7w4d

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Fatigue. Experienced my first episode of bleeding on Friday which was quite anxiety provoking but it didn't last long. Took it easy this past weekend.

3. When is your next appointment? 5/22/17

4. Anything else you'd like to share? Somehow I've ended up getting pleuritis which is quite painful and hard to treat when you can't take ibuprofen for the inflammation. Hoping it resolves quickly!

QOTW:

1. What is something you do just for you? In the summer, laying in the hammock under a tree. So peaceful.

Me: 29 | DH: 29
    TTC #1 since Sept 2015
    MFI (SA #1: Morphology 1% | SA #2: Morphology 0%)
    AMH 8.3
    April 2017: IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP singleton (20R, 14M, 12F, 5B: 2 transferred, 3 frozen)

• liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited May 2017
    Hi ladies, I haven't been much active on the board (only lurking from time to time) because I'm having a hell of a time. I'm 11w+3 and have been finally diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum. My Ob-gyn finally sent me to ER for rehydration and IV medications, it got better for a day and now again I can't eat anything and on the brink of vomiting any moment. They told me I will need to come back regularly to the ER and potentially have a radiologist put a permanent line in me. I can't take vitamins, I can't even brush my teeth without vomiting. I lost 8 pounds in the last month and I am in bed all the time, with zero energy. Mentally I'm starting to lose hope it's ever going to get better or that I'll be able to pull through. 
    Sorry for being such a downer. What if my body was telling me I'm not fit to be a mom when I struggled to get pregnant naturally? 
  • Oh @liljoy you poor thing - that is awful! I'm glad that they have recognised the issue and are supporting you... I hope they can make it easier. I had MS until the start of this week (not even as bad as yours) and I was having similar thoughts - it drained all my joy.

It is absolutely not any sort of sign from your body - you just got unlucky with how you react to the hormones. You are totally entitled to wallow in as much self-pity as you need, but just know this is a medical condition and not your fault/any bearing on your ability or potential-awsomeness as a parent. You've got this  <3
    TXX:

• @liljoy I am so sorry you have HG. Thats just awful. You will get better but I get that its hard to see beyond where you are. Please, please don't think that this means your not fit to be a mom. it just proves what a warrior you are to fight through IF and now HG. Pregnancy is not fun for everyone but that does not mean you won't be an amazing mom. Have you ever seen the movie "what to expect when your expecting?" at the end there is a line with one mom who struggled throughout pregnancy and never found her "glow" but at the end when she was holding her little one she realized that was her "glow" and it was all worth it.  It will all be worth it when you hold your little. Hugs and feel free to vent hear any time.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited May 2017
    wabash15   Aww, you made me cry, thank you.
    @MountainLady  Thanks for the encouragement. And I'm glad you're past MS, now get your "glow" on and enjoy it!

• How far along are you? What is your EDD? 

6 weeks 1 day.  EDD is January 13th

Tired, going to restroom more frequently which is great because i normally struggle with IBS-C when not pregnant, occasional cramping, occasional slight nausea in mornings

Wednesday 5/31 ultrasound to check viability again ( they did see heartbeat yesterday at 6 weeks), then i graduate from my fertility center to my regular ob!

4. Anything else to share: 

I cant believe i finally made it to this board! All i can say is thank you God! Its so hard hiding this pregnancy at work. Im already in a belly band at 6 weeks, my stomach is growing rapidly. Its technically my 4th pregnancy if you count early losses so my uterus knows what to do i guess. Plus i naturally have a flat stomach. I dont know how long ill be able to hide it!

QOTW:

What is something you do for yourself: 

I dont know...eat raisinets and watch Netflix 

• Hey everyone! I almost missed this week! Checking in for the first time!

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  

I am 6w6d with an EDD of 1/8/18

Fatigue, moodiness, can't figure out what sounds good to eat (I can't do leftovers right now at all), sensitive nose, tender boobs....and it all fluctuates!

Wednesday! I'll be 7w2d and I can't wait to see my little nugget (youngest sister named "him" nugget and she and DH insist that nugget is a he!)

5 1/2 years TTC with two MCs and we had to be selling our home and building while living first with DH's grandma and (soon!) in a camper to get our BFP and (hopefully!) sticky baby. I think baby has a sense of humor. 

QOTW:

oh...sleep. And watch Greys on Netflix whenever possible.