June 2016 Moms
Options

Mother's Day

What are y'all doing for Your moms?  Anything from the grandbabies?

Re: Mother's Day

• Options
    My Mom collects the Willow Tree figurines so I bought her the "Grandmother" one. We live so far away that we can't really do much to celebrate with her. My MiL always gets flowers. I'm not planning for Damien to get them anything, he'll just be included in the card (maybe a handprint or something simple).

For me, when my husband asked, I told him I wanted:
    • To sleep in
    • To not run any errands
    • To go on a picnic or, if weather doesn't permit a picnic, take Damien to the baby play place
    • And I want a new friggin' can opener (I'm serious, I hate that thing).
  • Options
    To be honest, I've gotten pretty lazy when it comes to any holiday where I have to get my parents gifts. I have two slightly younger sisters who are both in creative fields, so they usually have a better eye for presents and I just act as a practical sounding board and a source of funds for their gifts. Pretty good system actually. This year, they cycled through about 3 different gifts before landing on an anti-gravity chair, or two so that we have Father's Day squared away as well.

For the MIL, that's always hard as DH is an only child and doesn't really get those benefits, so the creativity lies with me. Right now I have a nice new frame that I need to print a picture of her and Miles to put in it. Other than the frame saying Grandma, that's all I was planning on including the grandbaby.

For me, DH already purchased a new StL Cardinals shirt I was eyeing in the team shop two weekends ago when we went to a game. Actually, he had to buy it twice as the one I picked out in the shop was too small. It was really sweet, but a little startling that he just dropped that money a second time
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lm45678lm45678 member
    Good question!

So far I have gotten my mom a mug that says something to the affect of you're my mom and my friend.

I have yet to do anything for her from Savannah or a little something for my sister.

Last year I bought my mom a nice diaper bag filled with essentials for when she watches the baby. I'm definitely not getting anything as big this year.

I really need to go shopping!

I haven't told DH anything, hopefully he doesn't something really nice and thoughtful. This plan may backfire...
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    Pretty sure I'm getting these TOMS for Mother's Day. I sent my hubby a screen shot of them and he said he already knew about them. Weird?! I'm not sure why a 31 yr old man would look up panda TOMS. For our mothers I buy a nice plant every year. They both like gardening and there is no guesswork lol!
  • Options
    I'm still figuring it out. That's my job for tomorrow :)
    i doubt dh will do anything for me, but the kids have "secret plans" to make me cards, haha. They have been whispering about it 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm still figuring it out. That's my job for tomorrow :)
    i doubt dh will do anything for me, but the kids have "secret plans" to make me cards, haha. They have been whispering about it 
    That is so cute!!  Bet they think they are the sneakiest!
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    @meggyme Wait, your DH knows what Etsy is? I feel like that's a rarity among men! Maybe I'm stereotyping but anytime I've brought it up, I'm met with, "Is that at the mall?" At least that was his reaction until he decided he wanted a custom made Kylo Ren costume and I showed him the glory that is Etsy (he looks awesome in it, btw). 
    Either that or someone is buying handmade wares with his credit card. I used to run a small Etsy shop, which is probably the only reason he has any clue it exists.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    We're making garden stepping stones for my mom, I'm letting the boys design their own since they are older. We'll also do brunch since she only lives 20 mins away. 
  • Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    Happy Mother's Day! I hope everyone has a faboulous day. I'm off to work in a few for the busiest restaurant day of the year : /. At least the money should hopefully be good.
  • Options
    lm45678lm45678 member
    Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Happy Mother's Day!

The kids were adorable today. They woke up at 6am (as usual) and I heard them talking in their room. They ran downstairs, and came back up with toast and a cup of hot caffix, using a cookie sheet as a tray, lol. Ds gave me a key chain he made at school (he had been hiding it under his bed) and a card.  At church they gave out chocolates to all the women. 

i gave my mom a subscription to Audible, and she was thrilled about it. She already got her first book. 
    I love finding things she really likes!

Dh didn't do anything, because as he said "your not my mom". He's such an anti-romantic lately, so whatever   :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Got a decent picture of the 3 of us!!
    I want a good photo of my husband, Damien, and me so badly. This is a great picture!
  • Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    Ended Mother's Day with the most epic tantrum two 3.5yr olds could ever have! I have some crazy drama queens! Lol, I guess that what being a mother is truly about.
  • Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    Happy Mother's Day!

The kids were adorable today. They woke up at 6am (as usual) and I heard them talking in their room. They ran downstairs, and came back up with toast and a cup of hot caffix, using a cookie sheet as a tray, lol. Ds gave me a key chain he made at school (he had been hiding it under his bed) and a card.  At church they gave out chocolates to all the women. 

i gave my mom a subscription to Audible, and she was thrilled about it. She already got her first book. 
    I love finding things she really likes!

Dh didn't do anything, because as he said "your not my mom". He's such an anti-romantic lately, so whatever   :(
    I'm sorry! I would be bummed if my hubby didn't do something for me. Your kids are super cute how excited they were. Little kid presents are the absolute best!
  • Options
    annaf2011annaf2011 member
    edited May 2017
    @laurenm2123 I love that dress!

I had a great first Mother's Day. The weather was perfect this weekend and we went on lots of little adventures around town, including the first farmer's market of the season this morning. S was scrambling around and playing in the fountain. I loved having a newborn last summer, but I'm so excited to have a 1-year old this summer!
  • Options

Tawny87 said:
    Ended Mother's Day with the most epic tantrum two 3.5yr olds could ever have! I have some crazy drama queens! Lol, I guess that what being a mother is truly about.
    Back to reality :)
  • Options

This is what the boys and I made for my mom for Mother's day. We made a similar one for my step mom, and sent a card and photos of the boys to my mother-in-law since she isn't local. For my mother's day gift, my husband ordered rings with the boys' names and birth dates on them from Etsy to complete my set. I asked for and received one for my first mother's day after my oldest was born which is how my husband learned about Etsy. My husband also did all the cooking and some of the cleaning yesterday which was wonderful, and I got to sleep in. He, too, likes to try the excuse, "but you're not my mom," but I always tell him that it's our job as parents to help the boys on holidays like mother's day and father's day until they're old enough to do things themselves to show their appreciation. I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!