September 2017 Moms

PGAL Check In 5/10

edited May 2017 in September 2017 Moms
How far along are you?

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life?

Any Questions? 

GTKY:  What food/drink are you missing most since you've been pregnant? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PGAL Check In 5/10

• How far along are you: 20w4d! second tri is going by fast.

What's going on baby/pregnancy wise: We are working on naming our son. I think we are close to making a decision. I'm looking forward to feeling more movement; I've only felt him a couple of times. We set up our registry over the weekend and my mom and MIL are planning a shower. It's getting REAL!

The sleep discomfort has also started to set in. I wake up and either a leg or my hip is sore. 

what's going on in other aspects of life: Just busy with work and seeing friends/doing general life things. It's a good busy. 

No questions this week!

GTKY: I have, on multiple occasions, craved raw salmon (in maki and on a poke bowl) and spicy tuna rolls. Including today. Sigh. And I miss champagne/prosecco, but other alcohol I could take or leave.
  • mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited May 2017
    How far along are you? 
    22+3

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Everything seems good. Heartburn is still my mortal
    enemy, but my hip and pelvic pain has eased up some, and the baby is kicking much more regularly, so I can't complain. :)

I'm juggling several work projects at the moment, so I'm staying fairly busy, but good busy.

Any Questions? 

Wine, a nice, salty margarita, a crisp cider. I haven't really done any food restrictions. Honestly, what I miss most is my attention span. Pregnancy has made my ADD 10x worse that it's ever been. 

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 23 weeks

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Hmm.. lots of kicks, feeling huge already? Pain in the hips/tailbone. I def look pregnant!

I was feeling pretty good until I found out my favorite nurse prac is leaving the office.. so sad.. and then the doctor told me he would hire me if I went back to school.. and now I'm stressed because what if I don't want to work...

Any Questions? 

WINE

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @divinemsm620 glad things are going well 
    @mrs_tacos sorry your heartburn has been so bad. Hopefully work will slow down for you
    @sugargirl1019 sorry you are feeling stressed about if you want to work or not. And sorry about the hip/tailbone pain. 

How far along are you? 20w2d

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Had as today. They said baby looked good and had all of her parts.  Symptoms wise I have been dealing with hip pain at night. I have to readjust ever 90 minutes at night.  

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life?  Work is super busy and I have been working a second job.  I wish there was a nap time during the day. 

Any Questions? 

GTKY:  What food/drink are you missing most since you've been pregnant?   I miss wine. I got some sparkling grape juice but it is not the same 

• @Hopefulmommy1980 Nope, nothing can replace a delicious glass of Cabernet Sauvignon!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • How far along are you? 23 weeks today!

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?  Baby girl is moving around like crazy in there. I've had some stretching pains today, and headaches the past few days... but, I think those are less due to pregnancy than they are muscle tightness/spasms in my shoulders and neck. :confused:

I mean... hate to sound like a broken record over here, but is it summer yet?!? Ahhh!!!

Any Questions? 

Wine. All the wine. So much wine. Wine, wine, wine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hollygolightly09 glad the baby is moving a lot. I hope the muscle tightness/spasms go away soon
  • How far along are you?

19+6

Just hoping the babies are ok. I feel like I've been neglecting them as I deal with this horrible allergy/sore throat/cough mess that's been going on. Second night in a row I couldn't stop coughing so now I'm sitting on the couch watching Criminal Minds. 

See above. Also, painters started on the play room today, so we are in the home stretch with the project we've been dealing with for two months. Can't wait to get all of DD's crap out of the living room!

Any Questions? 

Deli meat. Soft cheeses. More than one cup of coffee. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cmar1006 I hope your allergies go away soon. That sounds miserable.  
  • jlf1019jlf1019 member
    How far along are you? 23 weeks, 3 days

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? She's moving a lot, so that's fun! I still haven't felt a movement big enough to make me think she's flipped from breech position, but I'm hoping she's still small enough that it was just subtle and I missed it lol. We will find out at our next appointment next Thursday! I wouldn't say I have abundant energy, but I'm definitely able to stay up later, do more things. 

My husband and I had a great 5th anniversary weekend getaway this past weekend! And our daughter did great at her grandparents. I don't think I've reached the traditional nesting stage yet in terms of doing things inside our house, but I've been so anxious and excited to get our garden planted. We got most things planted last night, and now I'm just ready for things to grow lol I'm not the most patient when it comes to things like that -- I want to harvest ASAP! lol. 

Any Questions? 

Mountain Dew. I didn't drink it super regularly before -- maybe one or two every couple weeks -- but now I want one all the time. We don't keep anything in our house except water, juice and milk, so it's not like it's staring me in the face all the time. I do let myself indulge every few weeks and enjoy a can of it. 
  • How far along are you? 21 weeks

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? he's kicking, i'm trying to resist buying all the baby clothes I see.

i'm on 50% leave from work and it's great :D I'm not actually doing 50% less work since I'm a teacher and you can't just not leave lesson plans if you're not there...but I picked the easiest half of my lessons to not be there for and adjusted my schedule with other teachers so I'm a support teacher instead of having a full class of 32 students to myself for two lessons a day and it's working out really well so far.

Any Questions? 
    nope

does sleep count? other than that, idk, I guess I miss just being carefree about my eating? Like, I had to be careful at a girls night because there was homemade tiramisu and caesar dressing, both with raw egg in it. I passed on the dressing but had a bit of dessert since it was just egg whites there and it had been frozen, so I felt like it was safer? *TW* One of the other girls there who knows about my loss kept nagging me to "just have the dressing, it will be so good it's worth risking the life of your baby" she also claimed that there is no risk to eating raw egg in this country, which I couldn't find anything to back it up online when I quickly searched, so..... I'm still a little bitter about her "worth it" comment, but even moreso that I didn't just snap back, "you remember I have actually lost the life of a baby before, right?" but I didn't want to make it awkward for the others, and it would have been (though i'm pretty sure most of them clued in and were like ooooh.....don't go there, girl)....next time I'm ready though.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• jena333-2jena333-2 member
    edited May 2017
    *snip* *TW* One of the other girls there who knows about my loss kept nagging me to "just have the dressing, it will be so good it's worth risking the life of your baby" she also claimed that there is no risk to eating raw egg in this country, which I couldn't find anything to back it up online when I quickly searched, so..... I'm still a little bitter about her "worth it" comment, but even moreso that I didn't just snap back, "you remember I have actually lost the life of a baby before, right?" but I didn't want to make it awkward for the others, and it would have been (though i'm pretty sure most of them clued in and were like ooooh.....don't go there, girl)....next time I'm ready though.
    Wow that's some straight up BS. Who says things like that???

ETA: her comment obviously, not the snap back you didn't deliver - that would have been justified. 
  • How far along are you? 21+1

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?  Our Dr. called to tell us our anatomy scan looked great, woohoo! We still haven't received the second half of our genetic screen (I think its called quad screen?) but I'm thinking no news is probably good news.

struggling a bit adjusting to my new body.  It's a weird process.

Any Questions? 

Like the rest of you, WINE.  But also very much missing lox on a bagel *drool*

Image result for lox on bagel

*TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• labby18labby18 member
    How far along are you?
    21wks 4days!

Babygirl is doing great! I get seen at the Naval Hospital here, and my OB provider is PCSing to Cuba in July, so I decided to go ahead and change providers. I decided to go with one of the Midwives on the team. I get to meet her on June 2nd for my 24 wk appointment. We scheduled a child birth class and labor&delivery ward tour for July! I should be getting my baby shower invites in the mail today. YAY. Things get more and more real everyday.

Found out I'm not going to be seeing many new clients moving forward, for continuity of business/service purposes. Especially because I will not be returning to this job after babygirl gets here as we are moving to Virginia shortly after. So my income will start getting lower as I get paid commission only...a little bit of panic...

Any Questions? 
    I never can think of any...

Wine. I miss wine. 

• How far along are you?

20+4

Had my anatomy scan yesterday and thankfully everything was just perfect. I had basically spun myself into oblivion before the test with anxiety (literally, my blood pressure was 155/100 and pulse was 121 when I checked into the ultrasound). I had completely convinced myself something would be discovered that was horribly wrong.

But getting through the test feels like a huge hurdle that I've crossed and weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now it's time to really do something about that nursery (which we, thankfully, finally cleaned out last weekend).

I don't know if anyone else is a sports fan, but I live and die with the Wizards (an NBA team), they've had an especially nail-biting playoff run, which has felt extraordinarily exhausting with the little one onboard. I'm torn between wanting them to advance and wanting it to just be done until after I give birth. Not to mention my workload gets easier once they lose (I work as an editor in the sports department of a newspaper). 

Other than that, I'm just enjoying a stretch of a few weekends in a row with nowhere big to go. I have to veg out on Saturday while I get my all-day treatment for my Crohn's Disease, next Saturday is our hospital labor and delivery tour and the following weekend is Memorial Day Weekend -- how is time flying so quickly?

Any Questions? 

As I was releasing some of the a/s stress from my body, I realized that I feel like I'm holding my breath through this whole pregnancy. I don't want to be waiting for something to go wrong, but I can't seem to help it. Anyone else feel that way?

Spicy tuna rolls. And I'm going to confess to being a horrible mother, I ate one piece last weekend off my husband's plate at dinner. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • This might be a weird question, but is anyone doing anything tomorrow to honor previous losses? Last Mother's Day, I had just had my first loss like a week before Mother's Day, and my husband bought me some garnet earrings to honor the birthstone that baby would have had being born in January. My 2nd baby I lost would have been born May 24th, so it's birthstone would have been emerald, and I already have emerald earrings I wear with my garnet ones each day. I dont know, I feel like I just want to do something to include them in my celebration tomorrow, but I'm not sure what.

• jena333-2jena333-2 member
    edited May 2017
    I'm not going to do anything. Our loss would have been due this June 12th. I also lost my mom 3.5 years ago. I got my step mom and MIL cards, and will call them, but beyond that, I'm ignoring it like i do most commercialized holidays. 

ETA: my loss and my own mother will always be with me, and I don't feel, for me, that I need to do something​ on "Mother's day" to honor them. But that's my personal feeling. If YOU are moved to do something, or it would bring strength to your heart, then you should.
  • @heatherwilson321 I'm not doing anything to honor my previous 2.. but it's just not my style.
    I was a big drama queen about my first ones dd.. hung the ultrasound up on the mantel with the Christmas stockings and left it there all December.. I feel like I grieved, and I don't feel like I need to do anything now for this holiday.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • I am not going anything special for Mother's Day. We have my step kids so I might try to think of a project to do with them for their mom. 

Had a scare today. I fell really hard on knee today. I missed a step and landed on all fours. Went to urgent care and they had me go to er to have the baby checked on. Baby looks good. She was sucking her thumb when they did the ultrasound. Made me feel so anxious being at the er last time I was there was when I was diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy. I hate doctors offices. 
  • JNR6510JNR6510 member
    We aren't doing anything special for Mother's Day either. Not that our previous losses aren't something I think about. It's just NMS.
  • @Hopefulmommy1980 Glad everything is okay with the baby! Falls are always scary!
  • @heatherlynn321 I'm not doing anything special for mother's day, BUT I just wanted to say that I honoured my loss with a birthstone necklace that I got in August a week or two after the loss and I have worn it almost every day since then. I LOVE that it is with me all the time, which I think makes it feel less needed for me personally to do something special on one particular day <3

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Thanks guys, I planted a tree in their honor in my backyard, so I think I'm just going to spend some time around it today.
  • How far along are you? 22+4

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? pregnancy is good. I'm feeling lots of kicks (some on the outside) which is easing my worries. We have a Drs appointment on Wednesday so I'm looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again.

We had a nice weekend with DS and all is good for the most part. The only thing that's nagging at me is that when I made a comment about the summer weather DH kept saying "I told you we should have waited and not had a September baby." I wanted to scream that my plan was to have our March baby but that didn't happen and I didn't want to wait forever. I didn't say anything because we were with DS and I didn't want to get myself worked up, but it's still bothering me.

Any Questions? 
    not really. Just hope you all had a good day yesterday. I know how mixed emotions can be on days like that.

beer! I just want to sit on a patio and have a couple pints. I'll have to find a nice dealcoholized substitute.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers