December 2017 Moms

5/13 Saturday Ticker Change!

Happy Saturday!! 

Hope everyone is doing ok and hanging in there! We are getting closer each day to a happy healthy take home baby yay!  <3

Let's check in and answer the following questions :

1. What's your due date and how far along are you? 

2. How are you feeling physically - any symptoms going on - are they getting better, worse, the same? 

3. Where's your head at? Feeling happy and hopeful:) Anxious?  :# just trying to make it through the day  :| or cool as a cucumber  B)

4. What's your go to show, podcast, music album or etc that you are really enjoying lately? 

5. One book from your childhood that you MUST read to LO? 

Re: 5/13 Saturday Ticker Change!

• 1. What's your due date and how far along are you? 12/9, 10 weeks (double digits!)

2. How are you feeling physically - any symptoms going on - are they getting better, worse, the same? The most uncomfortable symptom has been food aversions, but they seem to be getting a little better! I'm also exhausted, queasy at times, and foggy brained.

3. Where's your head at? Riding the high of a great ultrasound yesterday :)

4. What's your go to show, podcast, music album or etc that you are really enjoying lately? I love podcasts- my favorites are Planet Money and Criminal. Recently listened to S-Town and that was really interesting

5. One book from your childhood that you MUST read to LO? My husband and I both love The Giving Tree

• rubyrose_0919rubyrose_0919 member
    edited May 2017

Hey Saturday ladies! Happy to see you all here again! One week closer!!! ❤

Dec. 17th - 9 weeks (size of a cherry)

2. How are you feeling physically - any symptoms going on - are they getting better, worse, the same? 

Vomiting started two days ago (complete with a very public sidewalk episode lol) but I feel overall much less exhausted/grumpy than in previous weeks!

3. Where's your head at? Feeling happy and hopeful?

We had a great US and Doctors Appt yesterday and saw the heartbeat flickering on the screen! DH has shifted about 50 times since from being choked up and emotional to super excited. He's been dancing around our home/in the streets/in the car....whenever the mood strikes. Seeing the heartbeat and seeing DH so excited has been so wonderful, and makes me feel really happy, calm, and loved.

4. What's your go to show, podcast, music album or etc that you are really enjoying lately? 

@blueskies17 I also LOVE podcasts about crimes! I liked s-town too! I also like 'Sword and Scale' and 'War on the Rocks.' 

I have a whole series of books called 'Word Windows' (around 25 books) from my childhood that I'm looking forward to pulling out and reading all over again.

Thanks for getting us started this week @jackiesmom324

ETA: Everything after cherry, for some reason my whole text didn't load the first go-around.

• Loading the player...
  • Happy Saturday!

1) due date is December 9th, 10 weeks! Hey @blueskies17

2) I'm still nauseous, threw up at work earlier in the week, but I'd cautiously say I maybe feel a bit better the past few days. I'm still exhausted, and grateful to have a chill weekend to take it easy.

3) I'm feeling all of the emotions, I don't even really know how to describe it, lol. 

We had our first OB visit Monday, and got to hear a strong, fast 179 heartbeat. :)

4) I've been obsessively listening to whole albums by one of my favorite bands, The Shondes.

5) goodnight moon!

I'm also binge watching "Anne with an E" this weekend, and can't wait for the older kids books too, especially the ones with strong girl characters!
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

As of 12/15/2017, my new hashtag is #41 and pregnant!
  • @barrbaby-2 I love everything crime related haha. I'll have to check out those podcasts!
    @collectiveliving oh hayy due date buddy! :)
  • Hello! This is my first time posting! 

December 10th, offically ten weeks tomorrow :)

haven't thrown up yet, but have a constant feeling of nausea and terrible food aversions. I've lost five pounds because nothing sounds good to eat, but I try to eat one main meal a day and then snack! Extremely tired!

3. Where's your head at? Feeling happy and hopeful 

First appointment is this Wednesday. Feeling a bit anxious but also excited! 

Criminal minds, SVU, greys anatomy, shark tank, impractical jokers

Not sure yet! 

• Piccola1988Piccola1988 member
    edited May 2017

1. What's your due date and how far along are you?  Due 12/16, 9 weeks today, size of a cherry

2. How are you feeling physically - any symptoms going on - are they getting better, worse, the same?  I've been really nauseous basically all the time since about 5 weeks, but it's been a little better the last week or so.  Still nauseous most of the day, just slightly less so!  Coincidentally, even though I've felt slightly better, I actually threw up for the first time this week - brushing my teeth was apparently too much on that particular morning...

3. Where's your head at?  While I am happy and hopeful, I'm still a little anxious as well.  I'm a worrier by nature so I'll never completely stop worrying, but assuming it goes well next week the genetic blood test results should help quite a bit.

4. What's your go to show, podcast, music album or etc that you are really enjoying lately?  I'm hating everything right now so I keep watching reruns!  Hopefully some of you ladies can give me some good ideas!

5. One book from your childhood that you MUST read to LO?  Pat the Bunny and just about anything Dr. Seuss.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. What's your due date and how far along are you?  Due Dec 23rd, 8 weeks!

2. How are you feeling physically - any symptoms going on - are they getting better, worse, the same? I am exhausted and I get lightheaded easily. My nausea and food aversions have subsided. 

3. Where's your head at? I am honestly so busy with my firstborn and my husband and I are moving soon, that I haven't had time to even worry (which is what I would normally be doing).

4. What's your go to show, podcast, music album or etc that you are really enjoying lately? DH and I just started The Leftovers. I am also watching Grey's and Raising Hope.

5. One book from your childhood that you MUST read to LO? Man, i don't know. Curious George was my favorite as a kid. 

• @leighawilson91 We're due date twins! We are also moving soon too. Trying to pack up the house so we can get it on the market. 

1. What's your due date and how far along are you?  Due Dec 23rd, 8 weeks!

2. How are you feeling physically - any symptoms going on - are they getting better, worse, the same? Pretty much the same. Just really tired with sore boobs. I've felt sick to my stomach a few times but never thrown up.

3. Where's your head at? TW I am PGAL so it's been really up and down. Sometimes I feel ok and then other times I worry. I still have 3 weeks until I pass my loss milestone, ugh. /TW

4. What's your go to show, podcast, music album or etc that you are really enjoying lately? I am rewatching Game of Thrones from the beginning cuz I miss it!

5. One book from your childhood that you MUST read to LO? Probably Goodnight Moon because my parents often read it to me bdfore bed.

31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• 1. What's your due date and how far along are you? 9 weeks - due 12/16

2. How are you feeling physically - any symptoms going on - are they getting better, worse, the same? About the same this week.  They come and go.  I never feel great, but I also rarely feel bad.  I find usually I can keep morning sickness at bay if I eat consistently. If I get too hungry, that's when it sets in.  Cause when your nauseated and throwing up, food is what you want  :/

3. Where's your head at? Feeling happy and hopeful Anxious?   just trying to make it through the day   or cool as a cucumber  B A little nervous and a little cool as a cucumber.  Depending on the day and how I'm feeling.  I'm not sure I'll really calm down until after the NIPT test.  Although, do you ever really stop worrying?  

4. What's your go to show, podcast, music album or etc that you are really enjoying lately? I'm so glad Scandal is back. I wasn't a huge fan of last season, but I feel like it's back to old school Scandal lately.  H and I are also watching West Wing and the Office a lot lately.  We've seen both series like a zillion times, but we can always go back and watch again.  

5. One book from your childhood that you MUST read to LO? ooo good question!!  There was some book I had growing up about Fourteen Bears in Summer and Winter.  I loved it.  I just tried googling it, and it's not in print anymore.  Amazon has one for $105.  I hope my mom saved mine!!  I also have a Christmas book that you read one story a night from December 1 - Decemeber 24.  I can't wait to share that book with LO.  

@blueskies17 - I loved Shel Silverstein growing up.  Def need to add most of his books to my list for LO.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • *TW and TMI warning*

Im 7 weeks 1 day

It was consistently nauseous last week but I took Zofran Fri, Sat  and I was not nauseous today. I vomited for the first time since Ive been pregnant on Saturday morning. I had a big interview on Friday so I took my zofran before going in so I would not ruin my life. My doc finally took me off the Progesterone in oil injections and now I am doing endometrin 3 times a day (progesterone suppository). I felt scared today when I only felt nauseous in the morning and not all day like I have been. **TMI** The zofran works so well but it makes me seriously constipated like I have not pooped since Friday :( But it worked and I didnt throw up until after my interview.

3. Where's your head at? Feeling happy and hopeful Anxious?   just trying to make it through the day   or cool as a cucumber  B

**TW** 

Im feeling anxious beacuse I didnt feel nauseous today. Also a little anxious because my baby hr was 124 and not 150-180s like everyone else and still a little apprehensive about my high HCG. Its mothers day and that is a tough day for me for a bunch of reasons. Yesterday my husband and I went to the river where we burried our first MC. Im amazed now at how innocent we were with our first pregnancy. I think its because our RE at the time told us that once we made it to 9 weeks with a good strong heartbeat our miscarriage rate would be really low. Well unfortunately I miscarried at 13 weeks and the baby was measuring 9-10 weeks. My husband and I were heartbroken and Ill never forget the streams of tears running down his face when the ultrasound tech said, "Im sorry guys theres no heart beat" when we went for our nuchal translucency scan. So anyway we went to the river and visited that place and I put some of the river water on my new pregnant belly and told the MC angel baby that I missed him/her dearly and I had a new baby growing now but Ill never forget him/her.  I know it sounds really weird but its helped me heal alot

**END TW

I binge watched Atlanta last week. Although I thought it was somewhere between OK and Good, I did not see it as the cinematic masterpeice that it is generally perceived by my favorite culture critics but its fun to watch especially when Im doing my hair (or feel nauseous to move too much and be productive!). I LOVED the Stown podcast and I miss it. My other favorite podcast is "Still Processing".

I like the drawings and sense of Wonder from Where the Wild Things Are. I also really like Snowy Day.

• @jackiesmom324 I'm glad to hear that you found some healing this week, because being PGAL is really tough. However you find healing is a good thing, and doesn't sound 'weird' at all.

One day at a time.

Happy that we made it another week Sat-PGALers @jackiesmom324 @moonlady-2 and any others - FXed, thoughts, prayers and good pregnancy vibes to you all for this week!
  • KirssKirss member

1. What's your due date and how far along are you?  8 Wks - EDD 2017 1223 however since I'm doing a repeat C/S odds are LO will be here Dec 19th. 

2. How are you feeling physically - any symptoms going on - are they getting better, worse, the same? Oh my gosh, sooo tired and nauseous. In the scheme of things I will call this better, since last week I had strep throat. 

3. Where's your head at? Feeling happy and hopeful Honestly I wish my head was on a pillow  all in all, doing pretty good, always 1 day at a time. 

4. What's your go to show, podcast, music album or etc that you are really enjoying lately? Amazon Prime "Pink Floyd" Station. Fav shows lately are Bob's Burgers, Better Call Saul and Shameless. 

5. One book from your childhood that you MUST read to LO? I vividly remember Litter Critter books from my childhood. They have one for every situation, I read them to my DD a lot, I still mention them to my Dad almost weekly. I love Little Critter :smile:

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thanks for the shoutout @barrbaby-2 that is so sweet of you for thinking of me! We  are inching slowly along to our take home babies yay!

@Kirss  - i will definitely look into the little critter books 
    @Tennis11785 - was the book called 14 bears?
    @moonlady-2 - good luck with the move - are we talking short move or cross country? either way all moves are hard. i feel like im always surprised with how much junk i have despite thinking i threw away all the junk at the last move  :#

• @Jackiesmom324 - yes!  14 Bears in Summer and Winter  - it was one book with two stories.  This is the cover of the book

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @jackiesmom324 It will be a pretty local move. Haven't found a house yet but we're looking within 15-20 miles-ish of where we are now.

@barrbaby-2 Thanks. I feel so much better with each Saturday that passes!
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---