July 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC May 12

Re: FFFC May 12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @star_beagle dyyyying.that's so funny. 
    @AdaByron I heard a lot on those instant pots but could never see myself using one. I think it's the fact that u tried, it's ok that it's still in the box lol

My fffc is that I'm super over being pregnant. This has probably come up before but I was really thinking this would be a magical time - baaaahahahahha who was a kidding? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AdaByron said:
    I bought an Instant Pot in like September or October when there was a good sale and everyone was raving about them..... it's still in the box.
    My sister bought us the one off my wedding registry less than 2 years ago. We sold it last weekend in the yard sale for $15!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Unsolved mysteries is on amazon prime and I binge watched it all day yesterday.  It spooked me so badly (despite the dated cheesiness) I couldn't sleep last night, I had to leave the light on all night.  

ETA our instapot is still in box too @AdaByron
  • Options
    My FFFC is that this pregnancy has been awful, between day/night morning sickness from 5 weeks to 22 weeks, from migraines nonstop the entire pregnancy, to now carpal tunnel.....but it's dawning on me this is my last pregnancy AND I'm so sad now?!?!?! I'm so emotional over it!!!! I wish this pregnancy would have been kinder to me, but I'm really trying to enjoy the last 8 weeks. I need some pretty pictures of me taken, and some with my son and husband.

2nd FFFC: DS is 20 months old and we still don't have a family picture(other than shitty ones people have randomly taken of us opening gifts a xmas for example)!!!!!! It's killing me!!! We need a pic of the 3 of us! Ugh. Why is time flying so fast. 
  • Options
    Yes to over being pregnant. I'm stick of the belly and miss my old clothes. I'm done with non-alcoholic wine. So done. I'm questioning if I'll make it another nine weeks. I hate the saying, "It's only nine months."  It's a lot easier to say that when you're not living it. 

My FFFC is that I can't seem to put together the Rock and Play. Why is this so hard?????? 
  • Options
    FFFC - I don't own a single pair of leggings and I haven't worn leggings since I was....8?
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 I think I may have agreed with you before on the same issues with this being my last pregnancy too. I feel the exact same way. I guess we were too naive going into this pregnancy. I pictured myself basking in all my pregnancy glow, working out and eating healthy. Being super happy because we really wanted this last pregnancy to be awesome and to complete our family. Ugh... 8 more weeks here too. One day at a time. 

Why couldn't I have my rainbows and unicorn dream pregnancy! Le sigh....
  • Options
    stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited May 2017
    My FFFC is that I plan on doing as little work as possible today because I'm tired and just in a foul mood for some reason.  

ETA:  Rainbow and unicorn dream pregnancy over here!  Flame away ladies!  ;)  (There is no way in hell I'm expecting my next one to be anything like this.  I will be bracing for the complete opposite haha!) 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    @star_beagle I'm the frisky one this pregnancy...like 24/7. But I'm also nauseous (nauseated..?) 24/7-so it keeps things interesting.  :#

FFFC I'm that mom that never brings anything with her. Took DS to the trampoline park with 5 other moms and babies and they all have these massive diaper bags filled with god knows what.. DS jumps for 2 hours and is begging for water. All the other moms run to their diaper bags to get their kids water while I'm holding mine up to the water fountain next to the bathroom. Then the other moms pulls snacks out and he looks like a begger asking for their food. Whatever, he has a water bottle, actually several, and snacks in my car just not inside with us..  
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    I have a few 

1. I can't ride a bike unless my feet touch the ground.. I just can't. I'm scared of using brakes only. 
    2. I love being pregnant, I'm kind of sad that it's ending soon.. 
    3. In my first trimester I  skipped out on going to meet MIL twice said I wasn't feeling too well although I felt totally fine...
  • Options
    My dream would be to be pregnant but not gain weight and still drink a lot of wine. A girl can dream, right? 

I have managed to eat healthy and workout daily, but it's a struggle. One I'm seriously loosing patience with. I'm also worried about how high my anxiety levels have been as I know my stress can affect the baby. 
  • Options
    @Poppyseed72017 yes...so naïve! Thinking I would have two great back to back pregnancies?! Not in the cards for me. Lol. My sons wasn't perfect by any means....but I was able to workout and enjoy it 90% of the time. 

@stokesm21 enjoy it...I wasn't so lucky the second time around the pregnancy train! Lol No flames. 

• Options
    lph4248lph4248 member
    FFFC: Today I told DH to put a reminder in his calendar about Mother's Day for next year. And I gave him some pretty clear instructions, too. :D

Mother's Day is not as big a holiday in his home country as it is here, so I know he wouldn't think about it or know what to do if I didn't provide some... guidance. I'm just telling myself it's good that I know myself well enough to know I would be super disappointed if he didn't do anything for it, so it's in everyone's best interest if I go ahead and tell him what to do, right?! 

...And I just realized this means I have to think of something for Father's Day.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    I keep my period tracker alerts on so I can have a mini celebration every time I hit ignore when one of those "your period is due in 1 day" notifications pops up. 198 days late and loving it. 
  • Options
    I have never enjoyed being pregnant.  The only thing I find enjoyable about it is the fact that DH looks at me like I'm a f---ing walking miracle.  I'm going to miss that.  But everything else sucks. 

The only thing I use my InstantPot for is to make hard boiled eggs because they come out perfect every time with very little effort.
  • Options
    I had the day off today, and I binge watched an entire season of Ru Paul's Drag Race. No regrets.

Also, I confess to being a unicorn. Almost zero MS, very few symptoms, kind of boring so far. I give you permission to hate me. And I am sure my next pregnancy will more than make up for this one.
  • Options
    @lanie1000 not getting my period is one of my favorite parts of being pregnant! I'll pay for it later with postpartum bleeding, I'm sure, but I'm enjoying it now!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @Twinkiedoll I'm sure you already have a rice cooker so it doesn't matter but! I never did (as an adult on my own). I've only ever cooked rice on the stove top - but then I got an instant pot and figured out how to make rice and now I get rice cooker rice in about 20 min flat - love it! 
    But beyond that, it's pretty much just hard boiled eggs for me too. 

+1 on the hating pregnancy part although so far I'm doing way better this time around - I'm being way more proactive about symptoms because I kind of know what to expect/look out for I think. 

• Options

Also, I confess to being a unicorn. Almost zero MS, very few symptoms, kind of boring so far. I give you permission to hate me. And I am sure my next pregnancy will more than make up for this one.
    Oh I hope your next one is the same as this one! This is how my first pregnancy was. I felt and looked amazing all the time, no symptoms, slept like a baby every night. This time, complete opposite!! All day nausea since day 1, now 30weeks.  :s