1st Trimester

I am 6 weeks and 6 days

I am a waitress with back problems already but wow the middle lower back is killing me right now. Now two months ago I had a miscarriage and I want to kno if back pain is a sighn and should I be scared

Re: I am 6 weeks and 6 days

• I waitessed from day 1 of my pregnancy through 36 weeks and had back pain continually.  It didn't stop until I stopped waitressing (per doc order) AND baby was born.

IT may be a concern, it may not be.  Unfortunately it's a wait and see.  If you experience other symptoms of MC, the a call to your doctor's nurses line wouldn't hurt.
  • KLake42KLake42 member
    Pregnancy involves a surge in progesterone, which loosens your joints.  Unfortunately, for those of us who already have joint and/or spine issues, that can cause serious problems. 

You already have back problems.  If the connective tissue between your vertebrae stops holding everything in position properly, your problems will get worse.

Can you find a physical therapist who is trained in treating pregnant women?  It wouldn't hurt to learn a few pregnancy-safe exercises to strengthen the muscles that keep your back and hips operating properly, to make up for the loss of support that you're going to get from your tendons.

Of course, it's always possible that it's something else-- I'm not a medical professional.  I'm just someone who already has loose joints, so I've been dealing with a ton of problems.  (I've had two years of fertility treatments, so loads of hormones, and I'm 6 weeks pregnant now.)

I am sorry for your loss a couple months ago, and I'm sure that it's scary to have anything feel "off" right now, so I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to call your doctor.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)