Pregnant after a Loss
Options

PGAL Check-In: Week of May 8th

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong! 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Are you a crafty-Pinteresty-making person or a let-someone-else-do-it-and-buy-it-on-Etsy kind of person?
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of May 8th

• Options
    byrnemebyrneme member
    How far along are you? 28w6d

How big is baby? An eggplant

Appointments coming up? Nothing this week!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically still battling a sinus infection but finally starting to feel a bit better. I've noticed I get tired quicker which is kind of a bummer seeing I feel like I have so much to do! Emotionally, shit is starting to get REAL and that's exciting/scary at the same time. I've felt like Baby B has been a bit less active, not to the 'I need to call the doc' point, but it kind of triggers my PGAL brain to kick in. It's likely that his/her pattern is just changing or a growth spurt.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I JUST got the call that I passed my glucose test so that is a GREAT start to my Monday :)

Rants/Raves/Questions: Nothing top of mind!

GTKY: Are you a crafty-Pinteresty-making person or a let-someone-else-do-it-and-buy-it-on-Etsy kind of person?The latter, hands down. I'd LOVE to be craft but I'm just not and I've tried. I've ordered a lot for the nursery off Etsy that I'm sure anyone with some ability can do, I just can't :)
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    @byrneme that's great news that you passed your glucose test!!!!

How far along are you? 
    6 weeks and 1 day :)

How big is baby? Baby is the size of a sweat pea!

Appointments coming up? I have another US this Thursday to check and see if everything is still okay.  My doctor and NP have been really understanding and I appreciate their efforts to ease my anxiety.  I had an early US last week to rule out ectopic and it was such a relief to see a gestational and yolk sac.  I'm excited (and nervous) to see an update this week.  I've read that you could see the heartbeat at 6 weeks!  I'm hoping I'll get to see a HB, or at least a glimpse of my little sweat pea. Next week, I have my first official OB appointment with my doctor to look at pregnancy viability and get an EDD --this makes me very nervous!  I'm trying to keep optimistic.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally--I'm still a mixed bag. Some days, I'm happy and other days, I'm a nervous wreck.  I know things are out of my hands and I just need to take things one step at a time, but it's tough.  Physically, nausea and vomiting have visited me early for this pregnancy (MMC 1/17) and nothing sounds good to eat.  I can tolerate pizza (if it's not too greasy), potatoes with cheese, and crackers.  If I smell the food, I get turned off right away and start gagging.  I've been eating ginger chews and small meals but that doesn't seem to help.  I just started taking some vitamin B6 supplements so I hope that it works!

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? My next milestone is to see my baby's heartbeat and to get some reassurance that things are okay.  I'll be so thankful to make it past the 12 week mark since that's where I found out I had an MMC this past January. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I had my first round of blood testing.  For my doctor's office, they have an app that updates you on lab results and you can send messages to doctors/nurses.  Every time an alert would come in, I'd rush to look through my app and I'd go through everything!  I was scared I had a UTI or some other urinary infection and I googled anything I could think of.  It ended up being nothing to worry about.  I also freaked out when I saw that my platelet count was slightly elevated.  The doctors aren't worried, so I just need to take it easy and breathe.  My PGAL brain sometimes gets thrown into overdrive and I can't help but symptom check everything.  On a high note, my results were fairly good.  The only thing was the slightly elevated platelet count and that I am not immune to the rubella virus.  With each new day and doctor's appointment, I start feeling a little better each time.  I continue to pray and hope that this little sweat pea sticks around for the rest of my pregnancy.

GTKY: Are you a crafty-Pinteresty-making person or a let-someone-else-do-it-and-buy-it-on-Etsy kind of person? If I have the time for it, I love making crafts!  I find it very therapeutic.  In terms of crafts, I've enjoyed making diaper cakes for friends, wreaths for the holidays, arranging my succulents, or making simple home decor.  If the task is too complicated, then I go ahead and make a purchase on Etsy or craft fairs.  My sister is very crafty and if she's able, I turn to her first :)
    **~About Me~**
    Married: 06/13/16
    BFP: 10/25/16     MMC: 01/24/17 (12 weeks)
    BFP: 04/23/17     Due Date: 01/01/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dznutsdznuts member
    @byrneme awesome to hear about glucose test! :)  sounds like we are due around the same time... what's your official due date?

@laurenjt808 I remember that anxiety before the first ultrasound at 6wks where we finally saw the flicker and received new that we had a sticky baby. wishing you all the best for a successful and easy pregnancy <3 

How far along are you?  

28wks

How big is baby? 
    Growing a little eggplant right now :)

Appointments coming up?
    My second to last monthly appointment is coming up on Monday

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?
    Physically fine, other than it's getting a little harder to move around. LoL  Emotionally relieved yet worried... we had a scare over the weekend due to light random bleeding. Doctors had me come in for monitoring. Couldn't pinpoint a cause other than a possible minor blood vessel rupture that resolved quickly. Thankfully all vitals and such were fine.   

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?
    Passed my glucose test last month and we are past the viability point, so happy about that.  

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I feel really bad for DH... He still can't tell if he is feeling the baby move on the outside. LO tends to not be as lively when DH tries to feel it. Also sad because the scare this weekend really freaked him out... We had a conversation a couple months ago about should a situation arise where there is a choice between saving/focusing on me or baby, and I said that I will always choose the baby because I believe my body can handle the distress. He really didn't say much at the time other than acknowledging my feelings. Well, this unexpected hospital visit brought that conversation back to the forefront in his mind. Told me last night he doesn't know if he can follow through with my wishes. He said he would always choose me over the baby. DH looked so upset... It led to a very serious conversation and now I feel super guilty that I still want to choose the baby over me and put it in the birth plan. :(

GTKY: Are you a crafty-Pinteresty-making person or a let-someone-else-do-it-and-buy-it-on-Etsy kind of person?
    Little bit of both. I'm super crafty, but also know my limits and am willing to buy if I don't have the ambition or skills to make something myself. LoL
  • Options
    byrnemebyrneme member
    @laurenjt808  - good luck at your appointment tomorrow! FX that all is perfect and you get a little break from the PGAL brain!

@dznuts - nice! I'm due 7/25, guessing you are around 8/1 or 8/2? I could have totally written the first part of your Rant/Rave/Questions - my DH also can't feel the baby move from the outside. Whenever a kick if hard enough (ie. I just had one in a meeting a half hour ago where I physically saw my belly move) he's not around. I'm hoping that changes soon!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    dznutsdznuts member
    @byrneme yep, official due date based on LMP is 8/2, but  LO was almost 2wks bigger than schedule at anatomy scan so GA due date is actually 7/25.

As for DH feeling baby... I almost feel like it's their first pranks on the dads. LoL
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10 weeks

How big is baby? a strawberry (also my fruit of choice, currently)

Appointments coming up? May 22nd.  It's hard to wait so long.  

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?  Okay.  I've had 2 losses in a row and I'm very conscious of May 14th coming up (when I first knew we were miscarrying last year).  It's going to be a rough mother's day.  I'm actually glad that I'm working all day.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm really looking forward to hearing the heartbeat in 11 days.  I know I'll feel a lot calmer then.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  I did my glucose test this morning (I have to do it twice because I'm old and at risk).  The results aren't in yet so now I'll have to wait until morning.  This whole month has been a giant test in faith and patience.  It's been rough.  

GTKY: Are you a crafty-Pinteresty-making person or a let-someone-else-do-it-and-buy-it-on-Etsy kind of person?  I would like to be crafty but mostly I create Pinterest fails.  I'm a music person so I just hope my gifts show off better there! :)

• Options
    Thank you @byrneme @dznuts!  The appointment went fairly well.  I went into my appointment in tears because I was convinced something would be wrong.  I noticed a slight pink mucus discharge last night and this morning when I peed (sorry tmi)- but only when I wiped.  My NP did a pelvic exam and said that it was okay and that my cervix was slightly irritated but nothing to cause a concern.  I had an US and saw my little bean!  We saw a heartbeat but she did not measure the HR.  I'm going back next week to meet with my OB and from there, he'll do a dating scan and we'll determine viability of pregnancy.  Today I'm 6w 3 days based on my LMP.  The scan showed estimated me at 6w 1 day, so 2 days off.  I was told that that was okay --and I'm anxiously crossing my fingers that it is! 

@andipandicWed121369 that sounds exciting that you'll get to hear baby's heartbeat soon!  FX for a healthy baby!
    **~About Me~**
    Married: 06/13/16
    BFP: 10/25/16     MMC: 01/24/17 (12 weeks)
    BFP: 04/23/17     Due Date: 01/01/18