Pregnant after 35

what have you found to help with heartburn?

autumn-walkautumn-walk member
edited May 2017 in Pregnant after 35
Mine has been really bad lately...I am wondering what you have found to help. Thank you!

Re: what have you found to help with heartburn?

• Hi. I've found eating very small and frequent meals/snacks to be helpful. Citrus, greek yogurt, etc. Drink plenty of water.
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Citric acid seems to be my main trigger, so I stopped mixing drink mixes (such as Crystal Light) into my water. Also, all the Tums. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Loading the player...
  • Pepcid-AC has been my best friend every night. Occasionally, I need tums during the day. I get it the worst when I lay on my right side and drink cold water or eat yogurt.
  • My doctor told me to take 75-150 mg Zantac 2xs/daily. I've started with 75 mg and I think I will need to increase it. I have heartburn and reflux so it's helping, but not gone yet. 
  • I have pretty severe heartburn and have a prescription for pepcid (cheap!) and take 2 a day. I take an additional tums or two if needed and it's been a lifesaver for me. Certain foods also trigger it, so I need to stay away from them. I also sleep with a bazillion pillows propped up behind me at an incline which also helps. Good luck & hope you're feeling better!
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• clc515clc515 member
    Watermelon has helped during the day. Its very cooling for me. Plus tums, and so far my last resort is zantac 75. I also sleep sitting up or mostly propped up when its bad so I can get through the night. I also avoid salty food and eating too much which always triggers it. Heartburn is the worst!
  • I have the occasional antacid which fixes my heartburn. i use walgreens brand as it contains no talc or other nasties.