1st Trimester

Morning Sickness and Gender

Let me start by saying that I know every pregnancy is different. But... lol. I'm 7 weeks pregnant with #2 and I have felt AWFUL for about a week and a half now. Constant feeling of nausea, throwing up several times a day, nothing sounds appetizing. When I was pregnant with my son, I felt icky for about 2 weeks and that was it. I don't even think I threw up once. This is sooooo much worse lol. I've heard that if you're sicker in the first trimester, that it's a better chance you're having a girl. I was just curious if anyone had been sick like this with a boy. We obviously don't care if it's a girl or a boy so long as the baby is healthy, but I'm just curious. TIA :smile:
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Morning Sickness and Gender

• JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited May 2017
    *Lurking* From what I hear from my friends who have had 2+ babies, the first seemed to be the easiest in terms of symptoms, regardless of the sex of the baby. I'm not sure if it's due to age (being younger and "more resilient") or what, but it seems common amongst my group of friends.
  • That makes sense too. Thanks for sharing. I was also trying to think back to when I was pregnant with my now 2 yo and still working (I'm a SAHM now), and I was tracked out while I was feeling sick so I could just lounge on the couch all day if I wanted to. Can't do that now haha
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was sick for 6 solid months with my son, and had zero morning sickness whatsoever with my daughter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KLake42KLake42 member
    I'm ftm, but I've grilled my mom about her experience.  She had nausea with both me and my brother, but it was way worse with him (second kid).  So I don't know that gender really has anything to do with it.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited May 2017
    Your symptoms mean nothing to the sex of your child. My mom had 3 girls and she said all 3 pregnancies were completely different for her.  My good friend had severe morning sickness for both pregnancies (hospitalized both times) and she had a boy and girl.  
  • I figured as much lol. The statistics said that out of women who were really sick, 55% gave birth to girls. Sooooo that's not a huge gap. Just curious of others experiences. Plus it helps distract myself between throw ups. Ugh lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had no morning sickness with my first. None. And she's a girl. So there's no real truth to that tale. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had very little morning sickness with ds1 and with ds2 was sick from basically the day the egg implanted until he was born. I even projectile vomitted on the nurse preparing me for my C-section. It was a great experience for all. 

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• I was sick 6 months with my first baby girl . I'm 6 weeks preg with my second and not sick yet . I hope this continues!!!!
  • lula922lula922 member
    Im currently 10 weeks pregnant with twins and have been queasy and will dry heave but haven't been psycho sick. (God I feel like I'm Jinxing myself)  I heard it's suppose to be worse with two. Won't know accurately till the 20th what they are but I was told the same thing as you. Who knows?! 
  • "Wives tales," are just that, tales. I dunno where you found your statistics.... but that's not a scientific thing at all.  Hope you're feeling better soon, tho!
  • DD1 was migraines and very mild nausea until week 11. I lived off of coke and gummy worms.

DD2 was migraines, and night sickness.  It didn't matter what I ate, so I learned to eat stuff that wasn't to bad coming back up.  Smells were also something terrible.  I could tell if someone burned the coffee on the other side of the room.  The smell of skunk, diesel fuel and popcorn would completely shut my nose down, make me gag.  This lasted until week 16.

This pregnancy has me a bit nervous.  I don't know how far along I am due to being on the mini pill, but I am at least eight weeks.  I wouldn't even know I am pregnant except it's been at least two months.  No symptoms, no cravings.  I've heard having a boy you won't have as many symptoms.  DHs family and cousins all have the same gender on both sides so I would be shocked if this was a boy.  I also don't have an aversion to water which had always been an early indicator for me.
  • danjolydanjoly member
    Took diclegis until week 20ish and was still vomiting. Every OWT were pointing to girl even the supposedly 90% accurate Chinese calendar. And guess what? I have a boy! ;) 
  • My first pregnancy I was sick for 9 months with my first even with diclectin it was miserable. 
    My second pregnancy I didn't have any sickness.
    BOTH BOYS.
    both my pregnancies were total opposites !
  • Flip60Flip60 member
    From my own experience and a few friends of mine - it seems like first pregnancies were easier than second overall. I had constant nausea with my 1st pregnancy (my daughter) but it pretty much went away by week 13-14. With my second pregnancy my nausea started a week or two earlier - was WAY worse and didn't really go away until week 20 something - and that was with my son. So for me I was way worse with my son then my daughter. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:
    Feb 2009
    DD: July 2014
    TTC #2: August 2015
    Fur babies: 1 Dachshund and 2 cats

• This is my first pregnancy and I am seven weeks gone and I have felt totally miserable all through. Vomiting all through the day. Can't even keep water in. Nausea, lack of appetite, bone pain and very faint most of the time. I didn't realise pregnancy can be this tough. My mum in law says it's twins- that usually the symptoms are worse when having twins. Right now, I just want to feel like myself. Not so concerned about the number of babies or gender. *I miss food