October 2016 Moms

May Happiness

When the going gets tough- remember there is still some good. What's making you smile, giddy, giving you hope, or just helping you sleep at night?

Re: May Happiness

• We took H swimming for the first time and she LOVED it! She's such a water baby! 

Also she fell fell asleep on my chest yesterday and we just cuddled while she napped. I love that feeling :)
  • So part of Johnny's morning routine when he wakes up is to let him check himself out in the mirror- I can tell what kind of mood he is in by how he interacts with the "other baby" in the mirror. Well this morning was a good one, because he kept smiling and touching his reflection face, and when I said "Aw, kiss the baby!" he leaned in and gave that mirror baby a big ol' slobbery, open-mouth Johnny kiss ;)
    It was too stinkin' cute <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @allythekid I love when S gives kisses.  She's probably tired of me because I ask her to give me kisses ALL the time.  Now she gives her stuffed animals kisses even when we don't tell her to :).
  • This makes me happy because I feel like its a little bit of improvement.  S went to bed at 7pm and didn't wake up until 11.  Sometimes she wakes an hour after going to bed, and I have no idea why but she didn't do that last night.  At 11, I tried to just soothe her to sleep but of course, H made his way in the room also (I swear he does this on purpose), so I had to nurse her.  She ate for a very brief time, less than normal, popped off and I laid her back in her crib.  She didn't wake up again until 2am, but that was only because she pooped.  After changing her, I was able to get her back to sleep in her crib without nursing.  She slept all the way until 5:30am which is an improvement from her 5am wake ups.  This time I fed her and she went back to sleep easily until 6:30am.  That never happens, sometimes she tries to start her day at 5am.  It sounds like a lot of wake ups but if it weren't for the poop, it would have been less than normal.  Now if only we can figure out how to stop this diarrhea.  It has been going on for way too long.  I'm just hoping that she's realizing she's not getting nursed in the MOTN and that will help with the wake ups.
  • @ladybug2821 Baby kisses are the best!
    Also, I'm super happy to hear sleep went better and FX it gets better and better!
    With the diarrhea, do you give rice cereal ever? I have found It really helps add some bulk to their poo, and is my go-to for all the littles, even Addy, when diarrhea strikes. I mix it in gerber bananas for Johnny and he loves it, with the Jimmy and Addy I mix it with yogurt. 
  • @ladybug2821 Baby kisses are the best!
    Also, I'm super happy to hear sleep went better and FX it gets better and better!
    With the diarrhea, do you give rice cereal ever? I have found It really helps add some bulk to their poo, and is my go-to for all the littles, even Addy, when diarrhea strikes. I mix it in gerber bananas for Johnny and he loves it, with the Jimmy and Addy I mix it with yogurt. 
    Yes I tried rice cereal for a few days and didn't see a difference. Not sure how long it takes to make a difference but then someone mentioned she might have an intolerance to it possibly causing the diarrhea to be worse. She  already has a dairy and tomato allergy so I figured it was a good idea to just give her BM for awhile. Wish there was a baby Imodium AD lol. 
  • Hmmm... If you're only giving her BM, I have one last idea- ask her pedi if they think it would be beneficial for you to start taking a probiotic. Theoretically it should transfer some of the benefits into your BM and may help her digestion and regulate her bowels (as well as your own, there is never any harm in using them, even if you don't think you need them personally). Just a thought :) No matter what, I wish you the best of luck!
  • @AllyTheKid We are already giving her one but it couldn't hurt for me to take one also. 
  • Well shoot, now I'm stumped and wondering what is causing her tummy troubles :/
  • Well shoot, now I'm stumped and wondering what is causing her tummy troubles :/
    I know right!!  It's driving me crazy!
  • B is starting to make movements like he wants to crawl. He has a long way to go but I am so relieved there is hope for us yet!
  • Well I think we found the cause of the diarrhea. I spoke with the nurse today to see if there is anything else we can do since it's not stopping. S had her vaccines the day before this started. The nurse said the rotavirus vaccine is known to cause diarrhea and it can go on for a month!  It was suggested to let her do tummy time without the diaper on. I know this will be a disaster but I guess I will try to keep a diaper under her. She just moves so much. She also suggested the teething wafers because they are starchy. 
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    This GIF made me LOL because we all know the lurk is real

Image result for group chat gif
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brzvice LOL, that is hilarious!
  • Story of our lives :D