June 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 5/9

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointment updates? 

Any new symptoms or changes? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: What are your feeding goals for LO? Breastfeeding, formula, combo? When do you think you'll introduce solids?

Me: 31
     DH: 34
Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 5/9

• How far along are you? 35 weeks.

How big is baby? A bunch of carrots (?) or a pineapple.

Appointment updates? GBS swab next week!

Any new symptoms or changes? Pelvic pain, but only at night (I usually forget about it during the day!). 

GTKY: What are your feeding goals for LO? Breastfeeding, formula, combo? When do you think you'll introduce solids? My goal is to BF. I tried BFing DS for a few months and then switched to EPing (which, btw, is exhausting).
    I then lost my milk when I got pregnant with this LO when DS was 5 months. He was a formula baby from 6 months (after he used up my freezer stash) to 12 months. If BFing doesn't work with this baby, we will go straight to formula. I'm done being tied to a pump! 
    We will start to introduce solids at 4 months, provided LO is interested and ready. 
  • How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? Bunch of celery

Appointment updates? Just had one last week at 32 weeks and go back at 36 weeks (hurray for low-risk prenatal schedule!) With DS, I had gestational hypertension and was on weekly NSTs at this point plus doctor's appointments every other week

Any new symptoms or changes? Backaches, calf cramps, sore crotch area and just general feeling loose in all my connective tissue, especially at my pubis symphysis. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I just can't believe our BMB's month is up next! I'm also really happy to see how few birth announcements we've had so far. In the June '15 board that I was on for DS, we had quite a few early deliveries. Also, one of my classmates had her baby recently at 32 weeks, which made me kind of really start to think about how everything would be pure chaos if this LO decided to come earlier than term.

GTKY: What are your feeding goals for LO? Breastfeeding, formula, combo? When do you think you'll introduce solids? The plan is to exclusively BF until 6 months, then introduce solids around 6/7 months. I did this with DS and weaned him around 20 months old. First foods were avocado and sweet potato. I'll also supplement with formula if needed, especially when I go back to work when LO is 4 months since I'm not the best with pumping.

Married 11/09/2013

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    33 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Celery
    Appointment updates? 
    My appointment is this afternoon, so nothing yet.
    Any new symptoms or changes? 
    My veins are annoyed that I'm pregnant.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Nope
    GTKY: What are your feeding goals for LO? Breastfeeding, formula, combo? When do you think you'll introduce solids?
    I EBF last time and plan to do the same. I really like the idea of baby lead weaning, so I sort of followed that idea. I skipped baby food, and gave her foods that she could eat without me preparing them. It's totally the lazy way.

I have only done 1-2 ticker changes because I keep spacing and thinking I'm due on a Sunday.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • How far along are you? 36 weeks 

How big is baby? papaya ( had a guess from a midwife yesterday that baby is just about 5lbs) 

Appointment updates? Here starts the closer appointments, I'll pretty much be living at the hospital. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Spent last week in labor and delivery, we ended up deciding sex was the reason my contractions became off the chart... see what penises do  ;)

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm sick today, it's the worst.. pregnant women in general should just not be allowed to be sick. 

GTKY: What are your feeding goals for LO? Breastfeeding, formula, combo? When do you think you'll introduce solids? exclusively breastfeed, and introduce solids at 6 months. We always start with avocado and then all the green foods spaced 3-4 days apart, then once they eat the less fun foods we introduce the fun ones. We skip grains altogether. 

As for the comments about pumping, I 100% agree.. I've done it all (exclusively pump, exclusively FF and then finally exclusively BF) out of the three exclusively pumping was by far the hardest and I'm pretty sure I went insane at one point! 
  • How far along are you? 36 weeks

How big is baby? A papaya

Appointment updates? Going every week at this point, but usually just listen to the heartbeat and have a quick chat with the doctor.

Any new symptoms or changes? I'm huge and there isn't room in my body for meals and this baby, thus constant heartburn and gas. I'm also sick with bronchitis (thanks DD) and it just sucks. Cough, pee, repeat. At this point just hoping to get the whole family healthy and keep them there until the baby arrives.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Where is @krex-2 , doesn't she usually start this? I think we missed last week entirely (for like the first time ever!).

GTKY: What are your feeding goals for LO? Breastfeeding, formula, combo? When do you think you'll introduce solids? For personal reasons I want to formula feed, but I'm curious to see if I stick to that when the baby actually arrives. I may do some sort of combo feeding for the first month or so and then transition to all formula. Playing it by ear and hoping to not feel pressured.
  • @mamaelle27 I noticed that, too. @krex-2 where are you? :)

I remember @keniialise used to be the OP for these ticker changes back in the day. It's definitely a collaborative effort :)

Married 11/09/2013

• How far along are you? 35+1

How big is baby? Pineapple

Appointment updates? Twice weekly nst's 

Any new symptoms or changes? Tired all the dang time. Dealing with gestational diabetes and it's driving me batty. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: What are your feeding goals for LO? Breastfeeding, formula, combo? When do you think you'll introduce solids? I want to bf but if it doesn't work I have no issue with using formula. 
  • sevennsevenn member
    Mobile issues = can't copy paste but 33w here, doing well! Had a good visit this week, everything is going well although they had to recheck my blood pressure for the first time in a while. Planning on breastfeeding for sure, will have to start pumping for a 6-8 week return to work. Hopefully it goes well!
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• mkrelmkrel member
    How far along are you? 35+1

How big is baby? Pineapple

Appointment updates? Had a growth scan last Friday and have weekly appts now. Going again on Friday. So far everything is looking good.  

Any new symptoms or changes? Super tired and swollen!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm just so excited yo be down to the last 5 weeks. I am trying to mentally prepare myself that it could be 6, but I'm hoping she is right on time. 

GTKY: What are your feeding goals for LO? Breastfeeding, formula, combo? When do you think you'll introduce solids? I plan to try to bf and pump, but if I am miserable I won't feel guilty about stopping. Dh also really wants to be able to feed her so we may do some supplementing with formula at night. I guess we'll see how it goes!