May 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 5.8.17

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Progress made or plans for baby preparation?

GTKY: What are a few items you bought or were gifted that you think will be most useful for the baby?

-----or for postpartum-----

How many weeks old is baby?

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain?

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom?

Rants/raves/questions

GTKY: What are a few items you bought or were gifted that you're finding most useful for the baby?
Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: Monday Ticker Change 5.8.17

• Loading the player...
  • @chocolatelemons oh - the boppy pillow is a good one. Totally forgot about that  :D
  • How far along are you? 38 weeks

How big is baby? A winter melon or spaghetti squash 

NST tomorrow
    Induction on Wednesday!  

Symptoms? Tired. Insomnia. BH 

GTKY: What are a few items you bought or were gifted that you think will be most useful for the baby? Baby #3 so we had almost everything but clothes. I'm hoping this baby enjoys the bouncer as much as my other two. I also hope my Spectra breastpump is as amazing as the reviews say! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @rosemarylaff hang in there! I went a week overdue with DS and it was definitely no picnic. The only thing that made it slightly bearable was that there was a definitive end in sight!

@hp_momma so crazy that you'll get to meet your baby this week! Good luck!

How far along are you
    ? 39 weeks.

How big is baby? A watermelon.

Any appointments this week? One tomorrow, the last before my due date.

Symptoms? SPD, heartburn, exhaustion. The usual.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm anxious to see if I've progressed at all when I go to the appointment tomorrow. I'm still hoping for a VBAC, so we'll see how it goes.

Progress made or plans for baby preparation? I've got pretty much everything ready, except my hospital bag. I should really pack that haha

GTKY: What are a few items you bought or were gifted that you think will be most useful for the baby? 2nd baby so we had mostly everything. My SIL gave me her Ergo this time though, which I'm excited about. I didn't wear DS that often but have a feeling I'm going to wear this LO a lot while chasing after the other one.
  • edited May 2017
    @hp_momma I also got the spectra and I'm hoping the rave reviews  are accurate. As a side note , Groupon is currently doing a spectra promo for anyone whose interested and doesn't have coverage.
  • How far along are you?
    38 weeks

How big is baby?
    A square melon. At least that's what the picture looks like.

Today for prescription refill and my weekly tomorrow.

Symptoms?
    Lower back pain, pubic bone hurts. Tired but can't sleep and peeing a lot.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    With the nursery done I'm working on getting the house clean. It's slow going.

Progress made or plans for baby preparation?
    I just got the diaper baskets done. One in the bedroom and one in my living room though I'm sure it will and up as a catch all for my crap. We'll see.

GTKY: What are a few items you bought or were gifted that you think will be most useful for the baby? I honestly have no idea yet. The dressers were a life saver for space.
  • @vrj0522 I've been meaning to ask you, did the after birth cramping/pains hurt more with baby #3?! I remember the nurse telling me with DD2 that the cramping from your uterus shrinking back down hurts more with each pregnancy so I'm slightly terrified! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • 37 weeks! Baby is as big as a romaine lettuce bunch. 

Bioprofile U/S and NST tomorrow with my usual check up. 

Symptoms: still having crazy hip pain and general pelvic discomfort. A few bouts of BH this weekend but I'm pretty sure I brought that on myself with my nesting and yard work. 

Nursery is done. I really want to get my veggie garden planted before little one arrives, but we're having frost warnings the next few nights so that may become a post baby or DH project. 

Friday is my last day at work before my induction 5/24. I'm fairly certain they're planning a surprise food day. 

My favorite thing we were gifted with DD was a pea pod. They're a baby lounger made by leachco. I thought it was an insanely dumb gift when I received it but OMG it was a lifesaver to have baby not on me 24/7. Also it's super portable and has a washable cover. 
  • vrj0522vrj0522 member
    @hp_momma - they did! In fact, the after pains were my biggest complaint but they gave me Tylenol and that helped some. They really only lasted the 2 days at the hospital though so not too long. I hope yours aren't as bad!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @hp_momma So exciting! Because obviously I can plan this... I would love to go into labor on Wed afternoon haha. My husband has a class at work, the last two days are tue and wed if we can make it till wed I'll be so excited!! Congrats! 
  • vrj0522 said:
    @hp_momma - they did! In fact, the after pains were my biggest complaint but they gave me Tylenol and that helped some. They really only lasted the 2 days at the hospital though so not too long. I hope yours aren't as bad!
    Ahhh. I'll just make sure to keep up on the Tylenol. Good to know it only lasted a couple days, I can deal with that!
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @kns1988  love the 3am newborn schedule! I was up then and checked TB and was surprised to see Monday up already! I was too sleepy to comment at the time though :)

How many weeks old is baby
    ? 5w4d 

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week?  I have my 6 week on Thursday 

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain? little man loves his formula and had upped himself to 4oz at every feeding, so definitely no weight concern anymore. Doctor was extremely happy at the appt last week. 

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom? I miss sleep. I can't make myself nap during the day and can't shut down at night so I'm not averaging much sleep, but we're surviving and I'm not grouchy unless provoked so we're good! :)

Rants/raves/questions? not that I can think of right now

GTKY: What are a few items you bought or were gifted that you're finding most useful for the baby? the swing! we didn't register for one since I bought a cheap one on a garage sale site, but my great aunts had a "saw it, had to get it" moment at toys r us and purchased and adorable puppy swing. Henry loves it! he spends far too much time in it, but he is happy. 
  • mdlorenzmdlorenz member
    edited May 2017
    @SWoodd2012 I had the same issue with sleep. Started taking daily walks in the sun and feel like that reset my clock. I'm so tired by the end of the day I can get that first 2 hour sleep stretch in without any trouble). It's such a tough transition, even if you were up every few hours to pee in the third tri. Wishing you better sleep soon!

ETA: @kns1988 Yay for awesome weight gain!! And the 5-pound mark!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jkp7749Jkp7749 member
    Babies are 3 weeks old!

No appointments this week, thank goodness!

The babies are eating 3 ozs for most feedings ( every 3 hrs during the day and sometimes 4 hrs at night) and if they're still gaining like they were, sofie should be around 6 lb 10 oz and camille should break 7 lbs. Nursing was a flop for sofie so i have been pumping but its making me have literally zero time between feedins by the time i feed each, keep them upright for 30 minutes each for reflux, and then change diapers. I have decided to switch to formula to save my sanity.

Sleep?? Some of you are sleeping???? 

We discovered the day dreamer by dex. Its miraculous for feeding and sleeping in!
  • Just realized I never checked in this week! 

How far along are you
    ? 37 Weeks

How big is baby? Romaine lettuce? 

Any appointments this week? Had one yesterday (Tuesday). Pretty basic appointment but it was GBS weeks so I had them do a cervical check. 50% effaced but closed. Whomp whomp. I'm not surprised although it seems to have given me some cramps and *maybe* my first real contraction

Symptoms? Mostly heartburn and hip pain at night. I'm also short of breath so easily. Time for baby to drop a little! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nah not really. Just getting excited to meet her!

Progress made or plans for baby preparation? Had my last shower this Saturday so still working on organizing and putting away all the stuff. Purchased the rest of what I'd consider "necessities" on our Amazon registry which is all coming this week... it's kind of like Christmas around here! So mostly organizing. I still need to Han some things on the walls of the nursery but I'll get there eventually...?

GTKY: What are a few items you bought or were gifted that you think will be most useful for the baby?  I'm so unsure but I did get one of those foldable tubs that goes in a sink so that seems promising. I was also gifted a DockATot at my shower this weekend by a friend who swears by it. I've been unsure of the safety of it but I will probably give it a try. My two friends that use it, the best part is they can bring their LOs to someone else's house with it and they go right down since they feel like they're in their own bed. So, who knows?

• kns1988kns1988 member
    I was wondering where you were, @ShadeofGreen816! Getting the nursery ready is exciting. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• SWoodd2012SWoodd2012 member
    edited May 2017
    @Jkp7749  I don't know how you managed with that feeding schedule. I couldn't do it with one baby! glad the girls are growing and that you've come up with a plan to save your sanity, especially with no sleep. 

@ShadeofGreen816 enjoy getting that nursery ready! I finally put  something up on my bedroom wall for baby, so it's okay to wait til a month after to hang stuff ;) 

• @SWoodd2012 @kns1988 yes it's fun for sure. I'm really struggling with wall decor for some reason. I got myself settled on a gallery wall but don't have the right things yet. Can't decide if I should spend MORE money and find things or just go more traditional. My only reason for wanting things up is we'll do newborn pics at home and would love to have the nursery looking polished in them!