Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin 05/09/2017

Hi everybody, it's checkin time...

Congratulations to all BFP's and hugs to anybody who needs one.

Welcome to the board, @msstephanielynn, @eranvo27, @brittlefebvre, and @Charligirl28...

How is everybody doing?

2017 BFP Hall Fame

BecauseLove dx: amenorrhea, PCOS  Rx: IVF
MandyBeeSLP: dx: low progesterone, borderline PCOS, vitamin D insufficiency Rx:  IUI with letrozole
MountainLady: dx: Unexplained, Rx: Letrozole
kd0202: dx: Unexplained, LPD Rx: Clomid 50mg
pawcall: dx: MFI(morph) + testing Rx: unmedicated IUI
PoeMasque dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
MJDsquared : dx: PCOS Rx:Letrozole
greenange dx: anovulatory PCOS w/insulin resistance Rx: Metformin, Letrozole, trigger + TI
mrswifeytoad:  dx: PCOS  Rx: metformin + Clomid

PAGING:

@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: Letrozole + trigger + IUI
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@hoffmanr7: dx: unexplained Rx: Letrozol 5mg+trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mlight28: dx Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@MrsM00re87: dx: DOR PCOS, low morph Rx: Femara + TI
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@seethosestars:  Dx: DOR + MFI and Rx: letrozole + IUI
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@smokinangel: possible PCOS, MTHFR gene, slight MFI Rx: trying to regulate hormones naturally
@SoonToBeMommaHowe: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@Labluver2 dx: testing
@laurad75 dx: possible DOR  Rx: IVF
@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF
@notamyrtle: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI + injects
@kyersten: dx: Scar tissue Rx: IVF
@Kim41313: dx: MFI Rx: waiting for testing
@MountainLady: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI / possible IVF
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@MooFish2364 dx:fibroid Rx: myomectomy
@vintageandrea90: dx:PCOS  Rx:Femara + trigger + TI
@Tops: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: Metformin, testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@SunflowerMama428: dx: pcos, blocked follopian tube DH: normal  rx: clomid
@msstephanielynn: in testing
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin, progesterone
@brittlefebvre: in testing
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid

NEWCOMERS:

To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your current Rx plan?

QOTW: Rant of the day - what do you need to vent about?

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin 05/09/2017

• Hi all! CD 6 for me, on to cycle 24 and our 5th IUI. Our new RE (previous one just left the practice) seems to feel like we need to stop the IUIs and move to IVF--which is all OOP--but DH and I want to do the last three (so 6 total) with his newfound, clomid-enhanced motility. We have an appointment with new RE at the end of May, and I think we'll push for the 6th and final IUI in June since we'll be traveling a lot and it seems a bad time to start an IVF cycle.

QOTW Yesterday I would have ranted about my RE's office, which wants me to redo an STD test that I sent as part of our testing panel last summer because it's now 5 years old, but they gave me a waiver for this cycle. So really I have nothing to rant about right now.  B)
  • MythrilMythril member
    I went in yesterday for an ultrasound and they found no follicles. I'm starting a next dose of femara already, and I go in for another ultrasound next Wednesday. I'm happy that my husband got the time off so he can go to this one.

Usually I have something to rant about but not this time. Lol!
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• Loading the player...
  • CD1 for me - AF came a little early, dashing our hopes that this last IUI took. So now on to IVF. Holy. We meet with our RE next Tuesday.

And instead of being sad, I feel hopeful. A lot of my anxiety and fears about IVF, I've already worked through. In the back of my mind, I've been preparing for this since our first clomid cycle failed, and all through these last 3 IUIs and the benched cycle - looking at our finances, talking to my husband, gearing myself up for it. 

Anyway, we're both very hopeful, and ready to move forward.

QOTW: Someone left a garbage bag next to the dumpster outside of our building, and an animal got into it. There are garbage bins to put it in, and then the dumpster itself - but whoever dumped it couldn't be bothered. Since the animal got into it, there is garbage strewn all around the back of our building - including used tampon applicators. So gross. And like - what are they thinking? Someone else will just clean it up?

Some people are so inconsiderate, it reminds me why I generally prefer dogs.
  • I got my Day 3 Bloodwork done yesterday. A few of the results came back and so far everything looks normal (I'm not a doctor, I'm just referencing the "normal" values.), but it looks like my FSH came back on the border of being good and fair. (9.2) I'm trying not to worry about it until the actual consult.
    Hubby has his SA today and is worried what the results are gonna be. I'm trying to tell him to think positive... can't wait till the 23rd.

QOTW: Honestly I'm having a really hard time dealing with my mom, and I was going to actually create a thread for those who have unsupportive family. She's made a couple comments that have been really hurtful. "If you guys have been trying for 3 months and nothing's happened something must be wrong with one of you." She's visiting on the 21st and keeps making comments about drinking, which I have told her we are going to refrain from since we are TTC. 
    Last night she talked about us all getting drunk (3rd time she has talked about drinking out here...) and playing with her tazer she got. I said no and she said come on, it won't affect his sperm count. She was trying to joke but it was really insensitive and not funny at all. Ive only talked to a few close friends and my cousin about TTTC, and now I just want to keep my mom out of the loop...
  • BenJayBenJay member
    CD4 here. AF was a bit late so I got the disappointment of a negative test, which I try so hard to avoid. It's​tough getting those. IUI #3 is a fail. We are not pursuing IVF. 

I talked to DH last week, mentioned the things we discussed in my last post-IUI thread. And he was surprisingly quick to order the FertilAid. We had talked about being done in time for our trip to Mexico in July, but clearly he's not. We've decided no more Clomid for me and no more IUI since the doctor thought it was a waste of our money. 

Hooraaaay....

QOTW: ugh, my energy levels have been so sucktastic lately. I get my Monday walk in and Tuesday swim but the rest of the week, I can't even. It's probably work and my thyroid. 
    Married 4 years, TTC 3 years
    Dx: Unexplained infertility, hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's, MTHFR Mutation
    DH - low motility
    Rx: Levothyroxine, misc supplements

• I am on CD3. For some reason I had a 10 day LP, which is super weird for me, I am usually a solid 13-14 days. I wonder if it has anything to do with how long it took me to ovulate this cycle? Who knows. 

After a talk with MH, I think we are going to try IUI next cycle, so this will be our last natural one. I am just tired of all of this, putting all this work in, taking my temp every day, peeing on sticks and getting literally nothing back. It's obvious to me that this isn't going to happen for us without some help, so why wait any longer? We were on the fence about TI vs IUI, but I looked up some stastics and IUI has a higher success rate so I convinced him that that's the way we should go. Anyone have any input on TI vs IUI? As of now we are "unexplained" since his last SA was normal. We have another one at the end of the month but I'm thinking about canceling it since they will do it if we do an IUI anyway. 

QOTW: I don't really have anything to vent about today! Usually there is something going on at work, but today has been a pretty good day! 
  • @funkykey I am sorry your IUI failed  :/ but so glad that you are feeling good about your next steps!

@brittlefebvreb sorry about insensitive comments from your mom  <3

@BenJay hugs <3
  • SP128SP128 member
    @funkeykey. Glad you are feeling optimistic. I'll prob be doing ivf next cycle as well. Maybe we can be ivf buddies. 

@brittlefebvre I would def support that thread. My mother is the queen of insensitive

@Kim41313  I hear you on all that. I'm so ready to throw in the towel and introduce some science in my life 

afm

my last couple days have just been a huge tw. I updated in ttcal if you guys are interested. 

Really hoping to do ivf this next cycle. 

I get so discouraged that getting pregnant is so easy for others but so hard for us. 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @Bababatty GL on your next IUI
    @Mythril I hope your next ultrasound shows nice big fat follicles <3
    @funkykey Boo for AF.  I am glad you are feeling comfortable with your next step and I hope this will be your only IVF
    @brittlefebvre Fx for some answers soon, I hope the 23rd comes quickly.  And I am sorry for the insensitive things your mom has been saying *hugs*
    @BenJay  Sorry for the failed IUI *hugs*

AFM, not much to report this week.  I'm about 5 days into the dreaded TWW.  It's going to be a long 9 days.

QOTW: I don't think I really have anything to rant about.  I'm just very, very tired.  I occasionally suffer from vertigo at night and I had a bad bout of it last night.  It hit around 11pm...ended up getting up around 12 and going out to recline in the couch as that usually seems to help.  Back in bed by 2:30am but still woke up with the room spinning multiple times through the rest of the night.  Needless to say...I am running on caffeine and sheer will today.

Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Lets see. I am on CD19. Honestly we did not try very hard this month. It was a busy one for both of us at work plus I wasn't able to get my clomid re-filled in time. On one hand it is frustrating feeling like I have lost a month, on the other hand it was nice to relax and not worry so much. Plus this will be a whole month that I haven't had to take time off for the doctors. It is really hard when you work 9-5 and all of the doctors seem to close at 4:30! I come in early and stay late, my boss never has a problem with it. But since I have not told anyone at the office we are trying she probably things I am dying I have taken so much time off. 

My MIL is visiting next month and DH has asked her not to say anything to me about trying. She has sent me all sorts of crazy articles. Basically, as my DH husband puts it, according to her we should lock me in a room with the lights off until I become pregnant lol.
    Me: 28 // DH: 28
    Married: 2014
    TTC #1: Since 2/2016
  • limeburstlimeburst member
    edited May 2017
    @SP128 exactly! 

• Thanks everyone for the support! I may have to start that thread then.

@benjay Sorry for the failed IUI. I can only imagine how frustrating that is.

@Kim41313 Our friends got pregnant with IUI I think on the 2nd or 3rd try. Hubby and I just had a conversation about whether or not we are going to really try (BBT, timing, ovulation tests, all that) and do an overhaul on everything or if we are going to try assuming them put me on medication. I told him that it's been over a year and clearly something is holding us up, so I will probably need medication regardless. Sigh. So much to think about and we haven't even seen the doctor yet.

@hoffmanr7 ugh, the dreadrd TWW. Try to make little milestones to make it go by quicker without thinking about it. Like, oh I can't wait till Friday this movie is coming out. Oh Tuesday I'll have a coffee date with so and so, and then bam, it goes by before you know it. That's how I mentally deal with waiting and being impatient haha! 

@Charligirl28 Sometimes having a break is nice to get your mind off of things. And relieve some stress. Even though you get stress or worry from not trying. 

@SP128 My brother and sister in law had 3 pregnancies in 3 years... the first time she got pregnant while on the pill. And none of them were planned they just happened. Definitely frustrating, damn science.
  • CD 263 for me. No, it is not a typo. Day two of taking 2000mg of Metformin. Ugh the nausea! I have a TWW of my own, but for a different reason. Once I know what my new insurance will be I can start working with an RE. I am not looking forward to Mother's Day. As positive and encouraging as my SO is, sometimes I feel like he doesn't understand. I feel broken. 

My Vent:
    My SO is divorced and has a 10 year old. We get to see him a few times out of the year and summer break starts in a few weeks. His ex is a horrible mother and is playing her stupid games again. All I can think is why does this woman get to have kids and I don't? Its just not fair. Then I get upset with myself for focusing on the negative and for having those thoughts.

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• @Bababatty stand up for yourself and be your own advocate!  If you want to do 6 IUIs then you should do them.  I also think you are smart not to start IVF in the middle of traveling, it would just be more stress than you need right now.  Good luck!! 

@Mythril glad your H can come with you for your appointment, having mine with me is very helpful.  

@funkykey so sorry to hear your IUI was a bust but I am so happy to hear you are hopeful moving on to the next step!  Good luck with the IVF and let me know if you have any questions about anything, it can be a little overwhelming at first.  :)

@SP128 I'm sorry you're struggling right now.  This upcoming weekend is a huge trigger for me and I plan on hiding until the weekend is through.  Sending you lots of good thoughts!

AFM-
    Went on Monday and to my surprise my beta went from 18 to 44.8 so it more than doubled.  I go tomorrow for another check to see what's going on but I am still very guarded with my optimism because of my history but I am hopeful.  

QOTW- Mother's Day can suck it.  Even with my potential good news I still just want to hide under a rock the entire weekend.  I hate all the FB posts and specials on TV.  I know it is such a Debbie Downer way to feel but it is so depressing.  Blah. 

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• @Worldtravler0522 rooting for you!!  <3
  • brittlefebvrebrittlefebvre member
    edited May 2017
    @Worldtravler0522 Rooting for you too! Glad your beta levels more than doubled. ❤
  • SP128SP128 member
    awesome news @worldtraveler0522

@eranvo27 I ask myself all the time how ppl who abuse drugs get pregnant and have healthy babies where I'm healthy af but have a hard time with getting pregnant and staying pregnant. So unfair 
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @SP128 I have told DH I should just become a crackw*hore and have sex in an alley and boom I'll get pregnant!  It is beyond frustrating to see people like that get and stay pregnant.  

TTC since December 2014
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    2 snow babies 

• @SP128 @Worldtravler0522 I have said the same thing! Maybe if I start doing crystal meth I will get KU... 
  • SP128SP128 member
    Quit our jobs maybe?
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @SP128 maybe give back any higher education we have too? That might stimulate the ovaries.

TTC since December 2014
    2 snow babies 

• SP128SP128 member
    @Worldtravler0522 genius. 
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Got the call and my HCG creeped up to 74.5 so up 66%. Not quite what we hoped for but over 50% which is what they like to see at a minimum. I have to go back Sunday for a recheck. This is brutal my goodness. 

TTC since December 2014
    2 snow babies 

• @Charligirl28 I feel with you on the whole 9-5 job and appointments.  Technically mine is 8-4....but my doctor is an hour drive away and usually the latest appointment I can wrangle is 4, meaning I usually have to leave work at 2:30, go home and pick up DH and go. Thank heavens for understanding bosses.

@Worldtravler0522 I am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you!!  And I agree...we should all just quit our jobs, give back our higher education, and start smoking crack.  I would also like to add that we should all jump off our diets and drink soda every day and mcDonalds all the time!  Quick question though, if we give up our higher education....do you think they will give us our money back? lol.
    Unexplained Infertility

• tops-2tops-2 member
    Hello everyone :)
    I hope everyone is having a great week!

Unfortunately I haven't had a great week this week :(. I know it's silly, but we've been re watching The Office lately and on Sunday night we saw the episode where they found out Pam is pregnant.
    It really got to me and I had a bit of a break down (more than a bit actually!). I spent half the day on Monday at work crying at my desk, totally miserable.

I'm on CD51 now, but we have our second RE appointment on Monday, so fingers crossed for some kind of good result, and I'm hoping he'll give me something to make me ovulate too.

Also, does anyone have experience using a saliva ovulation detector? I have just ordered one. Because my cycles are currently so random and all over the place I can't really use the pee stick OPKs because I could go through 50 or more in a cycle..

Ugh - we have these two psycho old ladies suing my workplace for something completely ridiculous. They have a snowball's chance in hell of winning but they are taking up sooo much of my time dealing with their crap :s

Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hi all...glad I stumbled upon this board!

1.  How long have you been TTC? 2 years 1 month

2.  What is your diagnosis? unexplained infertility

3.  What is your current Rx plan? Injectables + trigger + IUI

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• limeburstlimeburst member
    edited May 2017
    @tops-2 that kind of thing bothers me too. I've been watching Parks and Rec and when one of those characters got accidentally KU with triplets I was like just "OMG this is not reality AT ALL!" I know its a show with writers and they are trying to make it entertaining, but it bothered me. I have never used the saliva ovulation test, but that sounds interesting. Keep us updated on how it works for you! 

@SoonToBeMommaHowe FX!! If this cycle isn't it for you, then I am glad that you have a plan that are are at peace with.

@kristimh80 Welcome!

So I called my RE today to talk about IUI next cycle. The nurse explained the process to me, so I am feeling okay about it. I am almost out of OPKs and debating buying more. I figure if they are monitoring me should I really obsess about POAS or just let them do their jobs? What do you ladies do?

Also.. I have a good answer now for QOTW: My brother in law was staying with us for a  few days, and when I came home from work yesterday he wasn't there but he had eaten a snack from our pantry and left the wrapper- his literal trash- on my couch. Who goes to someone else's house and does that? It might not seem like that big of a deal, but we all lived together in college so I had to deal with that nonsense from him ALL THE TIME for about 2 years, so it's just possible I have a much lower tolerance for his inability to act like a responsible, mature, considerate adult. 
  • Its been a while since i checked in and didnt get a chance to update because i forgot my password. I made a new login name (same thing but just placed a 1 after it.) So after 15 months ttc, the march IUI was successful , but unfortunately ended in loss. That was my first loss and cant describe how depressing but im sure many of you know the feeling.  We decided no more hormones or procedures,  just take a break from trying. Too painful. Well, to our absolute shock i got pregnant this month naturally! Im 5 weeks today. My beta at 4 weeks was 164 then 1046 at 4 weeks 5 days. Waiting for results from today's blood test. Im hoping this one works out !
  • @Kim41313 Omg those shows drive me nuts too! I swear every time watch Hulu that show a positive pregnancy test or some baby thing! About the IUI...mine have been a breeze, I'd just let them monitor you . Some times I'd use an opk to see the HCG trigger get out of my system, but you really don't need opk's for it. You can still BD after the IUI for an extra boost :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Having trouble tagging peeps because I'm mobile bumping. I used to watch the Big Bang Theory all the time. It was a nice light hearted escape for me. Until Bernadette announced that she was pregnant a week after my m/c. I still can't Brian myself to watch any of the new episodes and it's been over a year. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MooFish2364 I felt the same way!  DH would fast forward through any of her stuff. If it helps at all they really hardly even focus on them having a baby. There's the occasional story line but they haven't even shown a baby yet and it's been months since she gave birth.  I get your angst with the show though and the terrible timing

TTC since December 2014
    2 snow babies 

• I have the same reaction to tv shows and movies. I broke down watching The Game Plan with The Rock. SO wants a little girl and I lost it. I am finding even when the show has kids in it I struggle. It makes me feel slightly better to knoe I am not the only one!

@whenwillieversleep1 congrats!!! FX that you have a healthy pregnancy and all goes well!

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• Good lord, I still have 7 days to go until testing and I am finding myself putting everything I have into not POAS.  Longest TWW ever.

And I'm done.  Just a quick little whine.
    Unexplained Infertility

• Fingers crossed @Worldtravler0522!! 

Just as a forewarning (not trigger warning): a bit of a negative nancy below, so don't read if you're not in the mood to tolerate a bit of self-indulgent whining :)

I haven't been on here a while, and it was partly because I was busy doing my first IVF cycle. Unfortunately it hasn't gone too well. I ended up over-responding to the meds and my estradiol shot up to almost 5000, so they gave me a half-trigger injection because they were worried about hyperstimulation syndrome. My retrieval was yesterday.  

I have felt absolutely nothing physically through all of this, which is fortunate.
    I was really terrified about the anesthesia and possible pain (never having been put under before), but it was a total breeze. Zero pain. 

Unfortunately - here's the part that disappointments me - they only collected 8 eggs. I was really hoping to at least clear 10, especially with an estrogen that high. I'm not exactly sure what happened but maybe some of it was protocol-dependent. I had many more follies on the screen but I guess they weren't big enough to be harvested. Who knows - this process is such a crapshoot. 

I know 8 isn't bad and I should be glad even for that, and some people have success with those numbers, but I was pretty upset yesterday. In my mind: 8 retrieved with an 70-80% maturity rate, 60-80% fertilization rate, and 50% growth to day 5 means like 1 or 2 embryos, maybe 3 if I'm terribly lucky. And it's quite possible for 1-2 embryos not to work. 

I went back to work today. When the embryologist called this morning, I told her to call my husband. The last thing I'd be able to tolerate during a work day is more bad news, as I have to interface with the public and not be a sopping mess. I told my husband not to tell me what she said. I don't want to know the day 5 report next week either because I have a lot of work deadlines coming up and I can't afford to be emotionally derailed by these results. I've already lost a lot of productivity due to anxiety during this cycle. 

I did start my antidepressant literally today (we're not doing a transfer this cycle - they decided on freeze-all due to my estrogen levels). Hoping it kicks in and maybe in a few weeks, I'll feel able to deal with the results.
    Me - 35 (DH - 33). 
    TTC since May 2015.
    Saw RE in July 2016.
    11/16: IUI #1=  BFN.
    1/17: IUI #2 = BFN.
    5/17: IVF #1. 'long lupron' protocol. E2 = 4800, 'freeze-all', 8R, 7M, 4F, 4B.
    8/17: FET #1.
    Thus far - 'unexplained'.
  • @notamyrtle - I'd be sad with 8 retrieved too, and running all the success rate numbers. But FX that every single one of them is fertilized and grows to day 5!

And if not all 8 of them, maybe at least 4? I dunno. Sending lots of good vibes to you, and to your little embryos.

Also, this may be an unpopular opinion, but productivity is overrated. I'm sure, if you're someone who worries about productivity, you've been plenty productive to date - you'd be well within reason to have a couple of sh*tty days while dealing with this giant, taxing stress in your personal life. 
  • :| Warning - whiney, poor me post ahead...

It's been a hard week for me emotionally. I know I'm probably going to sound really stupid here since some people have been waiting forever, but it kills me to wait a few cycles and not be actively trying. My OB wants to test me after I ovulate, which I got a positive OPK yesterday so I will go in around Tuesday and then see the RE for an initial consult in mid June, then will develop an additional testing plan. I feel that maybe getting the OB tests are a waste - hopefully the RE can use the information.

I just really want to say screw it and keep trying this month, but I know I should give my body a rest. I just can't get over the hump of 'what if we tried and I got pregnant and everything was fine (not another loss) and the others were just REALLY bad luck?'. I keep telling myself that waiting is for the best to let things reset after 3 losses (D&C January, CP March, CP April) and it will be good to go to Disney in June and not be pregnant so I can actually go on rides and things, but man is it frustrating being benched.