Pregnant after IF

PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - Month of May

Re: PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - Month of May

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @Griffin5413 i am sorry about the sickness, hope he feels better soon. 
    @JaneJane congrats on your babies ! hope you take your LOs home soon, healthy and happy.
  • kelrauhkelrauh member
    @JaneJane welcome. As a twin mom of preemies I am here of you need any support. My 33 weeks twins just came home this last week. 

Does anyone have advise for a baby with colic? My Patrick seems to be colicky. He will scream from 9:00pm-5:00am unless he is held on our chests. Its so hard when I am home by myself when dh is at work. I feel helpless and hate letting him scream but with twins I have to take care of Cecilia too. Any advice for anything to help? The doctor suggested I cut out dairy and high fibrous foods like broccoli for breast feeding and try gerber soothe drops. But those are things that don't take effect for days.

Also, does anyone exclusively pump? Due to pumping for them when they were in the nicu, I am pumping 90% of the time. I feel like I'm getting worn out feeding two then pumping. They dont want to latch well and they eat from a bottle much faster. Sometimes I get so caught up taking care of them that I end up missing pumping sessions. And then panic I will loose my supply. Part of me feels like with patricks colic and the stress of pumping I may be nearing my breaking point and stopping but I know breast milk is best for them especially since they are preemies. Does anyone have any advice for pumping?

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Loading the player...
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Welcome @janejane! Hope you may take them home soon!

No advice on the pumping @kelrauh, as I didn't have enough breastmilk I gave up at day 10 as pumping and a lifeless baby was too much.
    My LO has cowsmilk allergy and is bottle fed. I've met through this a few mums that stopped breastfeeding and swopped to bottle as it's easier to control the 'no cowsmilk intake'. 
    Im just glad I had the support of my midwife when breastfeeding was taking its toll on me. I'm not saying to stop, just know that it is ok if you do bottlefeeding.
    Ive also been taught massaging the belly of my LO, I use it if she's a bit more gassy or during diaper changing. I only learnt this technique a month ago..wished I knew before.
    I did do footreflex on my LO, I believe that really helped with the cramping, and she loves that I touch her feet!
    And to be able to have free hands I carried her in a carrier all the time. They have less pain upright I've been told. 
    The baby k'tan is easy to put on and not bulky. This might help you having your handsfree for your little girl.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• ale9687ale9687 member
    @kelrauh does your dr think the colic is from gas or reflux? Anthony had trapped gas in his belly and the little remedies gas drops helped a lot. You can put it in the bottle or squirt it in the babies mouth. Also my friends daughter is colic and the dreamsleeper seems to help it's at an incline to help reduce reflux and is over night sleep approved. I heard using a baby carrier may help as well. Good luck! 
  • @kelrauh so sorry for your  struggles, I have one little one who doesn't like to sleep...and can't imagine having to care for another in between. 
    I like  @tvh1982 idea with the baby carrier but check with your doctor first,  I have the baby k' tan and they have to be 8lbs to use and potentially some increased risks using them with premies. I have also used massage and heard it may help with colic (love this tutorial video on you tube https://youtu.be/IwwmorKTyfQ
    And safe to use baby oil -Be Green Simply Baby Oil
    Swaddling can help too if you haven't tried already. @ale9687 has great point about the reflux too our LO has her mattress inclined 30 degrees but a friend used a rock n play as bassinet due to sons reflux as keeps them inclined ( why do sometimes prefer to be held in your arms up right)
    Hope you can find something that works soon! Hugs and hang in there momma! 

******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Ps I would totally just pump - that's enough work as it is! You and dad will get bonding during  feeding them the pumped milk and if you need to supplement formula too that's ok! We tried a bottle of formula last night and my baby slept 5 hours! Up til then she usually slept under 2 with rare 3 hour stretch....I had a very smiley baby this morning who actually tried her first laugh (it was pretty cute! ) totally didn't regret doing it all and wish I had done sooner! 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • I tried pumping with my twins didn't work out for multiple reasons. No matter how your babies are fed it doesn't matter as long as they are eating. 
    Girls started with sweet potatoes yesterday I think they liked it. But def saw a difference in their poop I think it's more stinky lol
  • @kelrauh I had to supplement with formula when Eli was a week and he had a much easier time with the bottle. That made pumping so much harder bc you are completely exhausted just from taking care of him. You have to do what is best for you and the babies and there is no shame if that means supplementing or even formula completely. Your babies are what is most important and I can't even imagine having 2 with that. Hopefully you LO with colic will just have it short term I'm sure that just makes it much more stressful for you. I have heard that eliminating certain foods will help so hopefully that will work for you! Hang in there bc u r a rock star!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey ladies ! So happy to see a bunch of new people here with their babies !! Congrats ladies !!

i have been less active as I have been struggling with anxiety / depression . Not sure if it's post partum depression or not . I was def sad early on but got better once I healed a lot from my c section . Now I'm struggling to get through the day . I've made an appointment with both my OB and a psychiatrist but both had long wait times for appointments so I'm seeing a GP on Wednesday to see if I can get some help . Panic attacks with a baby are not fun :( 

@griffin5413 I'm so sorry to hear Eli has been sick ! Hopefully things level out after he builds some immunity . That's gotta be so hard :( hope he is better soon . 

@capps42613 teeth already ?! Omg ! Glad C is doing well otherwise ! 

@janejane hope your little ones are out of the NICU soon !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • @mskeenan sorry you are feeling down and glad you have taken the steps to get help-wish you didn't have to wait so long to be seen-that stinks! hope that the docs are able to help with the panic attacks-have you had them before or is this new?
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @kelrauh I went from nursing to now exclusively pumping after I went back to work. It's hard and I miss the bonding time with Aiden while I nursed him. However, he got used to eating from a bottle as he doesn't hard to work that hard for his milk. I can't imagine pumping for 2, but my only suggestions would be to power pump. I do it when I miss a session or go longer between pumps than I should. Drink plenty of water and pump every 2-3 hours. I don't recall how old your LO's are but first 12 weeks is you establishing supply and then after that it's supply and demand. Hope it gets easier for you! 

@Griffin5413 oh man, poor Eli. I hope he gets better soon! 

@mskeenan it's good that you're taking care of yourself and getting some help. I only had 1 panic attack while pregnant and it was scary. Hope the doctors will have a soution for you! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @2legbaby thank you . I have had panic attack in the past . They were pretty bad when I was going through IF but I saw a counselor and thought I had worked through my issues . Hoping I get some help soon . 

@tulips29 panic attacks really are the worst ! Thanks for your kind words . 

@kelrauh I don't exclusively pump but I breastfeed on my days off and pump for the days I work . I second the power pumping seems to work to get my supply up . It was easier to increase my supply in the beginning than it is now but still entirely possible 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • @mskeenan I've been thinking of you! Hope the doctor is able to help you before your next appointments. If you ever need to vent or anything, feel free to DM me  <3
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Drove2uDrove2u member
    Welcome to all the new mommies!! So exciting and congratulations!! 
    I must've missed a lot since I haven't checked in in a while. 
    @mskeenan I'm sorry you're dealing with the panic attack issues. Hope the docs can help soon. :-( 
    ifs hard to tag on my phone but about the swollen feet. Yes! I had swollen feet for a good theee weeks after. I was going to the pediatrician in my slippers because even my sneakers didn't fit. It goes away on its own, just takes time. 
    I really enjoyed bf the short time I did but I have to say that formula has been a god send. Viktorias been sleeping through the night from 7:30om-6:30am since she's been about 3.5 months or so. We just make sure that she's fed well throughout the day. She would non stop scream her first two weeks and we though oh no she's colicky but then realized she was just hungry. Once we got her on the formula she started sleeping 2-3 hours at a time and then increased from there. She's now a happy chubby baby. ;-) 
    she's been doing really well
    considering she has a heart condition. We're still looking to do her open heart surgery in August. I'm trying not to think about it too much but know that I will be hot mess express once the time gets closer. 
    I've been back at work for over a month and even have had my first work trip away for 3 nights. Everything went well and even though I missed the hell out of her everyone survived. I now have my next trip in June to delft @tvh1982
    I have to say I feel so lucky that I have Viktoria. She's been such an amazing, calm baby. We realized that she needs a schedule but it doesn't matter where we are. So Friday we went to a friend's house for cinco de mayo. We brought her rock n play and at 7:30 started her bedtime routine. She was sleeping by 8 despite it being so loud and slept until 10:30 when we left. Woke her up to put her in the car seat and once we got home she went straight to sleep again and slept till 7am. I was a bit nervous it was going to be a rough night both at our friend's house and at home but it went more smoothly than expected. 
    Really no complaints or anything here. I've actually never been happier in my life. 
    Except one thing. Her nursery still isn't ready. Arrrrgh!! But that's just stuff. :-) 
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @Drove2u it is good to hear that you guys are doing well. i must say that i am jealous of your night sleeps. Lara was doing well until a month ago , waking up once at 2-3am until 6. First the sleep regression, then moving affected her sleep . she doesnot eat well from the bottle also., so she wants to eat all night long. I hoped that starting solids would help but she is not very interested in the food either. She only wants the breast.
    @mskeenan I am so sorry about the panick attacks, it must be scary. Even though I am super happy with my baby, i am not enjoying my life much and it makes me feel guilty. everyone around me keeps reminding that i have my healthy daughter and it should be enough. those words do not help. I think i am still struggling with going back to work, especially because i do not enjoy my work environment at the moment. i am going to change my position this summer, i hope it helps.
  • @Drove2u love Viktoria's milky smile
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • Rest of my post cut off!

@Drove2u your little girl looks strong and healthy for her surgery this summer!

@mskeenan have you ever tried meditation? I don't know that it would help during inactive panic attack but maybe could help decrease how often they occur

@ZoeFer I hope that the changing position at work helps to restore your workplace happiness
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @Drove2u what a cutie! It's great that she's so calm and does so well at night (especially at someone else's house).

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Drove2uDrove2u member
    Thanks everyone!! I feel like I've had some shitty luck and then good luck. Had to deal with infertility, had an easy pregnancy, had a tough labor of over 48 hours, easy baby but open heart surgery. Sigh. What's next. That's life though. 
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    I'm sorry to hear you are struggling @mskeenan. Glad you did seek help. Hope they are able to help you with your panic attacks. Should you ever feel like a chat, I'm always available!

She's such a cutie @Drove2u! Glad to hear one of the babies on here has figured out how to sleep :)
    August will be a tough month, but Viktoria will do wonderfully!
    Do PM about Delft, we'll drive over to say hi if it fits in your schedule!

Its tough with those 'wonderful' comments @zoefer. I'm 100% sure that having your wonderful little girl is enough, but she's only just a part of your life (big part...but there's more!) so do not feel guilty! I hope changing positions will make your days easier as you spend a lot of time there. Is there anything else that you are missing or not liking? Maybe there's a way to add that to your life or change it. 
    But definitely do not feel guilty. Not enjoying life has nothing to do with how you feel about Lara.
    I can relate as I'm not really enjoying life either. I love my time with Pia but I miss my life in Norway. I had friends, work and really did not need to worry financially.
    Now I don't know people, I have to find work and it will be getting tough financially. 
    Just was at my mums, and seeing how she had fun with Pia (and visa versa) made it worth the move, but it's still tough.
    Do pm too if you need to vent.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• @Piperella I remember you from the IF boards...glad to see you're doing well and your little boy is adorable! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• ale9687ale9687 member
    For the ladies who put cereal in their baby's bottle, when did you do this? DS has reflux, at some bottles he's crying for more to sooth his throat. I know they have formulas for spit up but we just moved him to gentle ease for his trapped gas and it's really helping him in that department. I hold him for 20 min after every bottle, burp every 1-2 ounces and lean him to his left side but he still gets uncomfortable and will spit up and swallow it. 
  • @ale9687 I have one twin with reflux I have her on a special formula we had her on gentleease and now she is on nutramigen. Covered by my insurance only paying 10%. I give her 5oz 5tsp of cereal. I have her sit up for 45 min. Also I burp her every ounce or try lol. She still spits up fustrating but she hasn't lost any weight yet 
  • My poor husband broke my heart today. He works from home and has been a GODSEND helping me care for our baby...he makes breakfast, lunch and dinner, picks up groceries,  takes care of the dogs,  and is still cleaning the litter box even though his 9 months are up (and he doesn't really like cats). He does all this because our baby hardly sleeps and when she is not sleeping she is nursing (either for food or because it is so far the only way we can get her to sleep). He was trying to hold her for meet this afternoon while she napped so I could sleep. She woke up after 10 mins and he was actually crying because he feels like he can't help out with her.... he is not one to cry and it broke my heart. 

I tried to get him to talk about it,  but he already feels my plate is too full, do any of you ladies have any ideas or know of any support sites for new dads?

******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • ale9687ale9687 member
    @2legbaby your husband sounds like a great guy! I wish I had more advice but my DH is just now starting to feed ds and handle the bedtime routine and he wishes he could do more.
  • @ale9687 - I have been putting cereal in his bottle since he was around 3 months and I only put about 1tsp for 4-5 oz. I tried spit up formula and it made him so gassy that I switched back to sensitive bc I'd rather him spit up wo pain then have painful gas.
    @2legbaby - your DH sounds like such a great daddy! I'm not sure about support groups but maybe check some of the churches in your area. I know my DH just needs to hear some words of affirmation more often then I do. When Eli had an ear infection he was up with him all night and I found him crying too bc he couldn't ease the pain. It broke my heart too!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @2legbaby postpartum.net has a ton of resources for mommies and daddies. There's also something called saddads, which addresses ppd in men. What a blessing he's been for you!

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks @ale9687, @Griffin5413 and @dragonfaerie. My hubby is pretty awesome and I try and tell him all the time how much the things he is doing is helping me/us. Like @ale9687says he just wishes he could take more care of Medora directly. 

@Griffin5413 your story about Eli's ear infection makes me want to cry....I can only imagine how your poor husband felt listening to his cry
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @2legbaby oh my gosh it was awful. Eli is not fussy so when he cried nonstop for 8 hours he felt so helpless. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    aw that's so lovely to read about your DHs!
    I was at a friends place yesterday (she was my bff in elementary school and we lost touch) her DD is two months older then mine. In the evening her DH asked 'did she had her night bottle already?' (As he came home late from work) yes she replied. On which he replied 'ok Ill just put her to bed'
    To be quite frank, I'm 34 years old and I've never heard a man say that. I've only heard mums giving instructions and dads doing what been told. Never have I heard one saying it by themselves and executing it.
    Reading about your lovely DHs on here and seeing my friends yesterday gives me hope that what I look for does exist.

• Aw, all these stories about helpful DHs make me so happy! I'm lucky that I have a super-involved, very helpful DH, too. I've been sick for the past few days and am terrified of giving the baby my cold, so DH has been helping extra, especially at night, which has helped me get a big more sleep and hopefully will help me get better soon. I am constantly trying to remind myself how lucky I am.

We've also had the lovely experience this week of collecting baby poop out of diapers for a big enough stool sample for them to run tests that will diagnose what is going on with all the mucus in DS's poop. I've been eating dairy-free for almost 2 weeks now, but still no change on his end (pun intended). Hopefully these tests will help them figure out what I need to do to keep his digestive system happy. Trying to avoid all dairy is really making me feel for all the people out there who have serious allergies - it's tough to be constantly vigilant of every single ingredient!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @tvh1982 I say all the time now how amazing single moms are .i know single moms who have raised babies on their own and hold them in the highest regard now that i know how tough it can be with DH and all his help

Same with parents of multiples...I think about how hard it is with one and can only commend parents of multiples for surviving! 

@BlueEyedDreamer poop collection sounds like fun lol I hope they can get to the bottom of things
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @BlueEyedDreamer our LO also had green mucusy poop when she was around 2 months old and it continued for about 2-4 weeks. i stopped consuming all the dairy products and it got better very slowly. then i started to drink milk and eat cheese , it did not repeat so it was probably not the dairy. i believe that it was due to sesame oil but i am not perfectly sure. Our pediatrician was not too worried about the mucus or the green poopthough. I hope your LO's situation is resolved soon.
  • @BlueEyedDreamer hope you figure out the allergies soon! 

Ladies i I just wanted to wish you all a happy Mother's Day!!!! Enjoy every snuggle and i hope we all feel loved and celebrated!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I second the Happy Mothers day wishes! So grateful for being a mom (said sincerely despite another night of only 3h sleep) Best.Job.Ever.
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed