November 2016 Moms
Options

Roll Call 2.0 (Getting to know you)

Since there have been some additions to the board, PP suggested a new Roll Call. 

Name:
LO Birthday:
What are you looking forward to most about this next stage with the baby:
What are you looking forward to the least:
Summer plans:
Favorite movie from when you were young (kid/teen/whatever):
Favorite singer/group from when you were young (kid/teen/whatever):
Anything else you want to share:

Re: Roll Call 2.0 (Getting to know you)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rhodamorgenstern Hey Hon!  I'm originally from MD and my family is from Baltimore.  Go Ravens!!
  • Options
    It's funny, I never said hon before I moved here but now I say it all the time! Are you a four-ten person? I love it here, it has such personality!
  • Options
    It's funny, I never said hon before I moved here but now I say it all the time! Are you a four-ten person? I love it here, it has such personality!

Yes I am!  LOL
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    @jsmai what is the difference between a medical massage therapist and a "regular" massage therapist? Do you only work with health care type places?
  • Options
    kvruns said:

Favorite movie from when you were young (kid/teen/whatever):  Love and Basketball
    Favorite singer/group from when you were young (kid/teen/whatever):  Jay Z
    Anything else you want to share:
    Yes to both of these!  I'm ashamed proud able to recite all of the words to "Can I get A..." the explicit version all of these years later. I think it was one of my favorite songs in HS 
    Still love it.  Its a classic lol.  And he's still my favorite.
  • Options
    jsmaijsmai member
    edited May 2017
    kvruns said:
    @jsmai what is the difference between a medical massage therapist and a "regular" massage therapist? Do you only work with health care type places?
    Medical massage is more goal oriented/ treatment based and is usually deeper/more specific than your typical relaxation massages. I use a lot of different modalities (I.e. massage techniques) in my treatments and most of my clients are looking for pain management.

Its a lot of fun and I love helping people understand how their body works while working to improve their day to day lives. Most of the people i see have overuse issues from computer work. I also work with a lot of recreational athletes and pregnant clients. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    Awesome @jsmai when I was running more I would see a really good sports massage guy who incorporated a lot of stretching and stuff too which was nice 
  • Options
    @jsmai I wish you were closer! I pulled the trapezoid in my neck this weekend. I whipped my head around to see Kevin Nealon from SNL. May be the most embarrassing way to pull a muscle; trying to get a good look at a B list celebrity.
  • Options
    @mrsmoose5 Me right now. I'm like, please wake up but also don't wake up  :D

@leighry my younger brother loved HIM for the longest! Good live. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    How did I forget Sandlot @leighry
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    What part of FL @MrsMaryK2016
  • Options
    @m6agua what part did of WI are you from?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    jsmaijsmai member
    @lajoliedreamer Princess Bride!! Yes!!!!
  • Options
    desoky01desoky01 member
    edited May 2017
    Name: Kylee
    Age/Partner Age: 26/30
    LO Birthday: 11/18
    What are you looking forward to most about this next stage with the baby: I'm so excited for crawling! 
    What are you looking forward to the least: Also very nervous for crawling - we need to baby proof! I'm also not very excited about solid food poops since we cloth diaper. 
    Summer plans: a barbeque party, a cabin weekend, and a camp out (fancy RV camping). 
    Favorite movie from when you were young (kid/teen/whatever): I am a twin, so my sister and I loved It Takes Two when we were little. 
    Favorite singer/group from when you were young (kid/teen/whatever): hmmmmmm, I wasn't huge into music when I was a teen. I liked N'SYNC because my older sister loved them. 
    Anything else you want to share: I am currently sitting watching Netflix when I should be putting our diapers in the dryer and washing dishes. 
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    anne11716 said:
    @m6agua what part did of WI are you from?
    Green Bay.

@leighry My husband loves HIM! I've been to 2
    of their concerts H has been to 3 and supposedly they will be touring this year sometime.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    desoky01 said:
    Favorite movie from when you were young (kid/teen/whatever): I am a twin, so my sister and I loved It Takes Two when we were little. 
    @desoky01 YES! I'm a twin, too, and loved movies with twins in the like the original Parent Trap and It Takes Two!

Also, what cloth diapers do you use? I want so much to cloth diaper, but just haven't made the full leap yet.
    Also, re:sold food poops, my brother and his wife keep a dollar store spatula in the bathroom to quickly scrape it off the diaper into the toilet and said it made it an easy thing to deal with. 
  • Options
    Name: Carly
    Age/Partner Age: 32/35 
    LO Birthday: 11/25
    What are you looking forward to most about this next stage with the baby: His interacting with his big sister more. He stares at her and smiles when she comes into focus, but I look forward to watching them play together.  
    What are you looking forward to the least: My little guy getting more independent... I think. Though teething super sucks, so there's that.
    Summer plans: Time off means beach and pool all the time!
    Favorite movie from when you were young (kid/teen/whatever): Wimbledon and Center Stage
    Favorite singer/group from when you were young (kid/teen/whatever): Evan & Jaron (spelling?) back in middle school and through high school and even today, Something Corporate 
    Anything else you want to share: I am freaking exhausted all. the. time.
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ - I miss the Jersey shore so much! I was born in NJ and even though we moved when I was 5, we still went down to LBI every summer.  <3
  • Options
    @lajoliedreamer LBI has changed a lot since Hurricane Sandy but it's still a nice island to get away. I was born and raised in Seaside Park, so just a touch further north. Where abouts are you from?
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    @lajoliedreamer LBI has changed a lot since Hurricane Sandy but it's still a nice island to get away. I was born and raised in Seaside Park, so just a touch further north. Where abouts are you from?
    I haven't been back since Sandy, I wondered how badly it was hit. My cousin and her family went last summer and the house we always stayed at looked like it did alright, but she didn't post a lot of pics of the rest of the island.

I was born in Livingston, but have family all over from Basking Ridge to Newark to Vincentown. 
  • Options
    @lajoliedreamer yay twins! We use softbums for cloth diapers. I have mostly loved them so far, I like not having to go out and buy diapers all the time. Sometimes I wish we used cloth wipes too, but haven't made the leap yet (we may never.) Cloth diapering for EBF poops is so easy, you don't have to do anything special, just throw them in the wash! It grosses some people out but not me, it all washes out. The peanut butter starting solid poops have been a little more work, we have mostly been doing the wipe off into the toilet. I might just get a spatula! I've considered a diaper sprayer as well. 
  • Options

Name: Rita
    Age/Partner Age: 38 / 34
    LO Birthday: 11/20
    What are you looking forward to most about this next stage with the baby: mobility! I can't wait for him to start crawling all over the place 
    What are you looking forward to the least: ummmmmm, real poop I guess? After he starts solids.
    Summer plans: Visit SIL after she gives birth in August.
    Favorite movie from when you were young (kid/teen/whatever): Terminator! "I'll be back"
    Favorite singer/group from when you were young (kid/teen/whatever): NKOTB!
  • Options
    leighryleighry member
    edited May 2017
    Ahhhh!!! @hoosiermama-2 and @m6aguaI'm so glad I'm not alone in the HIM train! None of my friends ever really got into them so I would go to their shows alone or with an unwillingly accomplice haha. I met their singer Ville once as I ran into him in the halls of one of the venues and I just stood their grinning like a dope and managed to get out a "I've loved you guys since I was 15." They're great live! And yes I believe they are touring. I have to check back about dates last I looked they hadn't posted US dates yet. Also, being from Boston when my friends found out Tuukka Rask (who is also from Finland like HIM) listened to them I was like well duh... They're amazeballs.

@kvruns it's such a classic right? My girls now love it. My 2 year olds favorite part is when they all barf on the ride after using the chewing tabaco.

@lajoliedreamer "here we come... walking down the street.." ugh loved the monkees!
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    I have never heard of HIM
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    Didn't realize your H was that much older @hoosiermama-2
  • Options
    kvruns said:

I also have no idea who HIM is.
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    kvruns said:

I also have no idea who HIM is.
    Look them up, they are pretty good. They are from Finland.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20