Pregnant after IF

1st trimester check in Wk may 8

Happy Monday ladies!!!

Welcome to those who are new to this board!! 

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point, so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  

3. When is your next appointment?  

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  

QOTW:

1. If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Note: When you graduate up to the 2nd Trimester (woo hoo!!), write a quick post letting us know you are leaving. I want to keep the list updated, but don't want to delete names prematurely!                

Mommies to be:  

*If you wrote an estimate on your EDD and it changed, just tag me when it changes so that I can update. Thanks ladies!

@LeFemmeViolette EDD 11/16/17

@srh18 EDD 11/17/17 Triplets!

@famiylgrl86 EDD 11/20/17

@megmralph EDD 11/21/17

@DungeonTrollMel EDD 11/29/17

@lizycs EDD 11/30/17

@Jeansis EDD 11/30/17

@shytonia EDD 12/1/17

@retas EDD 12/1/17

@nikkilegare EDD 12/1/17

@liljoy 12/6/17 

@MountainLady EDD 12/6/17

@carterh33 12/8/17

@PoeMasque EDD 12/8/17

@kmallery08 EDD 12/13/17

@makinganexpatbaby EDD 12/15/17

@stella_700 EDD 12/17/17 TWINS!

@baevn EDD 12/20/17

@wabash15 EDD 12/25/17

@takethelongway EDD 12/28/17 (est) (TWINS!)

@jackiesmom324 EDD 12/30/17

@klake42 EDD 1/2/18

@juliagoolia719 EDD 1/2/18

*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: 1st trimester check in Wk may 8

• srh18srh18 member
    Happy Monday everyone! It's so strange/wonderful to see my name at the top of the list! It's my last week in the 1st tri!!!

1. I'm 12w3d, due 11/17, ideal delivery window is 9/22-10/6. 

2. Constant hunger and extreme fatigue. It's not helping that I'm now getting up at least three times at night to pee. DH jokingly asked me if I had turned into an 80 year old man. Ha. Very funny sir. 

3. Had an OB appt this morning! Heart rates are all great! I have an MFM appt on Thursday.

4. Baby A and B are crazy active! Baby C is more relaxed at this point. Both placentas are anterior, so I'm a little sad to know I might not feel them for a while. They're also keeping an eye on my bp which was 130/86 today...I've never had high bp before so I'm hoping it comes back down asap. Anyone had slightly elevated bp that turned out to be okay? The good news is I passed my early gestational diabetes screen! Will have to do one again at 18-20 weeks. 

QOTW-Anywhere near the water! 
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  10.5 weeks! Woohoo! Into the double digits now! Due 12/1 

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Indigestion, constipation, and backache. Starting to get my energy back though, which feels amazing!

3. When is your next appointment?  May 16th

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Leaving for a long weekend mini-vacation with DH Thursday morning and really looking forward to it! 

QOTW:

1. If you could live anywhere where would it be? Berlin. Love that city! I had the joy of spending two weeks there once and didn't want to leave. There is so much to see and do and the public transportation is amazing! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? 12w4d What is your EDD?  Nov 16

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Fatigue, sore boobs, and as of last night some bleeding (things were checked out and are okay though).

3. When is your next appointment?  Just had one this morning to look at why there might be bleedings. Seems like the other embryo that stopped growing at 9 weeks is degenerating and thats where the bleeding is coming from. Otherwise, next appt is on Thursday this week.

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  When I saw blood last night it scared the piss outta me. We were just about to head out the door to a concert. We ended up staying home and having a sleepless night. But, seems everything is ok and now I just need to relax.

QOTW:

1. If you could live anywhere where would it be? Hmm... not sure of an exact geographic location, but I'd be happy near water and mountains. : )

Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  7wks 12/25

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  fatigue, nausea, constipation, bloat the usual!

3. When is your next appointment?  next thursday (though I think I'm going to have to move it because there is a bunch of stuff going on at work that I should not miss.... trying to coordinate a time DH can be there is rough though...

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I feel less nervous (PGAL brain) with every day that passes though I'm not really going to feel good until the end of the first trimester.

QOTW:

1. If you could live anywhere where would it be? I know I asked this question but there are so many good options!! I love the mountains in upstate NY, San Diego is amazing, so is Nor Cal... I loved NC... 

@srh18 glad your beans are moving so well. I wonder with 3 if you still might be able to feel them earlier despite the anterior placentas... especially when they start cage matching!

@jeansis have fun on your mini-vacation!

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  I think I'm still technically here cause I'm still in week 13... 13-5 to be exact.

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  They've really abated a lot.  Light head a bit, and definitely need to eat more often, but less in quantity (no more big huge meals right now or I feel overstuffed and uncomfortable).  The burps haven't gone away, but the weight gain has cooled it; I gained 12lbs the first 12 weeks, but haven't budged off 134 in over a week now.  I'm not too concerned, since I definitely have gained, it's just weird not seeing the scale go up.

3. When is your next appointment?  5/22 for OB and MFM, got them all in one day!

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I thought I felt movement this week, but I didn't even tell DH because I'm guessing it could've been gas. I've never felt gas like that in my life (it felt like carbonation bubbles in the front of my belly, below my belly button), but I feel like it's still way too early to really feel movement.  Also, with Mother's Day coming up, I hope DH does something nice.  I don't want to expect anything, but he tends to be pretty good about surprising the crap out of me with stuff like this when I don't really expect it, so I'm hoping he marks it somehow. 

QOTW:

1. If you could live anywhere where would it be? There's really no perfect place for us. We like the weather and atmosphere of San Diego, but couldn't live in Cali.  We loved Anchorage in the summer, but I couldn't handle Alaskan winters, no way.  We both loved Koh Samui, Thailand, but it's too far from family, and international living is too much of a headache for us to really take it on.  Honestly, there are a lot of downfalls to where we live right now, but we both are from here, grew up here, it's where our families and our friends are, so it would be hard to leave.  We could buy a house just about anywhere for the cost of living we deal with where we currently live, but we couldn't bring our families and friends with us.

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  8wks 3 days Due 12/17

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  mild nausea, food and smell aversions, exhaustion, aching lower back

3. When is your next appointment?  May 11th

4. Anything else you'd like to share? How on earth am I going to make it next week when we move to 10 hour days...

QOTW:

1. If you could live anywhere where would it be? mountains or beach, mountain or beach. Probably the wiser choice would be the mountains. I really enjoyed my time living in the upper peninsula of Michigan.

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  13w2d, I think I still belong here since I'm still I need my 13th week? 

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Feeling pretty good still!  Constipation on and off if you count that. 

3. When is your next appointment?  5/22

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I had my NT scan last Friday, all looked good and I'll get blood results this week I guess

QOTW:

1. If you could live anywhere where would it be?  Oh goodness, this is hard.   Love Seattle, Hawaii, and Hatteras, NC.  Somewhere on the coast.  But in the end I'd probably stay here in MD.  Just about my whole family is here.  Plus, in central MD you are just a couple hours to the beach or mountains in either direction :) 

TTC since:  1/2015
    11/16:  IVF #1.  BFN
    2/23/17:  FET with a BFP on 3/8/17.
    EDD: 11/11/17 with a baby GIRL!

• @hibiscus118
    I live in the Raleigh area now, but I'm originally from MD! All over Montgomery County, to be specific. 
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • srh18srh18 member
    @hibiscus118 I live in Maryland! What part are you in? I'm in Columbia. :)
  • baevnbaevn member

7 + 5 EDD: 12/20/2017

Nausea but actually puking less and getting an appetite back and funny for healthy things like quinoa and carrots and salmon. Boobs sore and like a random shooting pain through my left boob/nipple periodically. I can like really feel my uterus. Whenever I lay down there is just like pressure and fullness there. 

FIRST ULTRASOUND ON THURSDAY!!!!!! AHHH can you tell I am very anxious and excited. I hope everything is going well. I hope we can see heartbeat and see if it is one or two babies in there. Twin dreams abound over here but I have such an obessive personality when I am waiting for information that is beyond my control. It makes me crazy!

It is all starting to feel a little more real. We have told a couple more people. 

QOTW:

Vancouver Island 

•  @sasah29-2 and @hibiscus118 I apologize if I moved you along too soon!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• edited May 2017

6 weeks 5 days EDD will be determined in 3 weeks

Nausea. Oh the nausea. But, I love it! I also have, on and off, stretching uterus pains. I also love those!

I had one today and both babies had nice heartbeats! They were measuring a bit behind, but within range.

I am nervous about waiting three weeks to see the babies again!

QOTW:

Amsterdam. Or Colorado.

Me: 31 PCOS + Homozygous A1298C MTHFR DH: 32 A-OK!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    April 2016-Hysterscopy and D&C
    May 2016-September 2016-Prepare to move to Qatar and TTC is on hold
    October 2016-Natural BFP & MC @ 6w
    December 2016-Natural CP
    April 2017-FET #2-BFP-It's TWINS!
    Follow our journey
  • So on Sunday I had my first experience with getting over heated while pregnant. I don't recommend the experience. Stood outside talking with in-laws and other family after seeing Guardians vol 2, it was sunny and 90. Had a lovely gagging episode while husband tries to get the air conditioner to blow as much as possible in the hot car. If that is any indication this Texas summer is going to be a rough. Look for me in the pool as much as possible. :D
  • @LeFemmeViolette and @srh18 I'm in AA county.. Glen Burnie to be exact.  

@wabash15 no problem!  I thought I missed moving to the next board but saw they start at 14 weeks :)  This week is a weird week anyway, I'm not sure what trimester I am since different places say different things! 
    TTC since:  1/2015
    11/16:  IVF #1.  BFN
    2/23/17:  FET with a BFP on 3/8/17.
    EDD: 11/11/17 with a baby GIRL!

• srh18srh18 member
    @hibiscus118 so cool! I work in AA...in Millersville! Super close to your neck of the woods!!  

@stella_700 oh no, that does not sound fun at all. :( I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. Not looking forward to being triplet pregnant in the summer time for sure. My mom keeps telling me how horrible it was for her to be pregnant in the summer with just one baby, she just can't imagine how awful it's going to be for me. Lol, not helping, mom!!

All this trimester talk has made me realize this is not my last week on this board after all. I suppose we go through week 13 here for first tri? 
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?

9+5, 12/8

Actually feeling pretty good! Feeling a bit guilty about it.....the bloat continues, but only at night and fatigue has thankfully gotten better. I've been able to play soccer, which is great!  

Tomorrow! Just for a nurse visit....whatever that means. Then last us with RE on Friday. Can't wait to see our little bean again!!

I haven't had any issues with food aversions....in fact...I've been shoving everything in my face for the last month. I've already gained 10lbs!! I'm worried that is too much too soon, worried the OB is going to chastise me for gaining too much. I was a healthy BMI and very active before IVF.....I wish I had the energy to run 3 x week still, but it's just not happening. I'm also old - 37 and am super worried about getting back into shape after baby. 

QOTW:

1. If you could live anywhere where would it be?  I like moving a lot, so choosing one place is hard....I love the city and I love small, quiet places.  Maybe somewhere close to a city, but also still close to the beach and the woods?? So basically where I live now. Hahaha. (Only more diversity would be great....)

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?

8weeks 6 days today... EDD December 15 :)

Mainly just insanely hungry all the time but nothing ever looks good and super tired. 

3. When is your next appointment?  Next scan should be next week :)

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  If all goes well at our next scan next week we will be telling our parents and siblings 

QOTW:

I would love to live in Dubai, however the pay isn't as good as what we get in Kuwait. We are only an hour flight away so can visit whenever we want. Kuwait just isn't as exciting!!

Me (29) DH (31)
    TTC Since 2015
    IUI #1-3 - BFN
    IVF/ICSI - BFP - EDD 15/12/17

• I'm 13 weeks today!! One more week of the first trimester. Wow.

Went to the OB today and got a listen to baby's heartbeat. She found it quickly, and it was at a steady 152bpm. The next time I go in for an appt won't be til June 8th!
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • *Newbie*

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 6w5d 12/30/17

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? fatigue and crampy feelings (which may be the uterus stretching or it is my still HUGE ovaries trying to shrink)

3. When is your next appointment? 5/22/17 for 8w US

4. Anything else you'd like to share? ready to discontinue the estradiol patches, they are so itchy!

QOTW:

1. If you could live anywhere where would it be? Barcelona...hubby and I just love it there so much

Me: 29 | DH: 29
    TTC #1 since Sept 2015
    MFI (SA #1: Morphology 1% | SA #2: Morphology 0%)
    AMH 8.3
    April 2017: IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP singleton (20R, 14M, 12F, 5B: 2 transferred, 3 frozen)

• khincakhinca member
    How far along are you? What is your EDD?  8 weeks. EDD is officially 12/21/17!

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Fatigue is the biggest one. Some gagging in the morning, especially when I brush my teeth or smell the kitchen trash. A little cramping here and there. Recently I think I started getting those glands on my areola, they are red and itchy, and my breasts are also tender so it's like *scratch* *ouch* *dang this is weird*.

3. When is your next appointment?  Tomorrow with my regular OB office! I had my US last week with my RE, saw a heartbeat at 139 bpm and measured about a day behind!

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I was wondering if anyone else sees an OB where you end up seeing an NP sometimes? I can't decide if I like it or not-- it took so long to get pregnant, I kind of feel like I prefer to talk to a doctor, which makes me feel terrible, because NPs are great at what they do, it's just that I'm so scared for everything to be okay.

QOTW:

1. If you could live anywhere where would it be? I live in Berkeley, across from San Francisco. Honestly, I think this is right place for me :)