June 2016 Moms

April 2017 Pre/TTC & Grad Check-In

*Forgot this last month, sorry! Don't know if anyone has any updates, but if you do, proceed!!*

Welcome to the monthly pre-TTC, TTC, and TTC Grad check-in. This board is designed to allow those of us considering our next child to update the other members of June 2016 on that journey. Please feel free to post often in this board, updating as the month goes on if your status or details change, or if you have anything inspiring/sassy/a fun gif/etc to add. We are here to provide each other with support, comfort, non-medical answers, and help with the BSC symptom spotting that we know can happen.

For Pre-TTC -

*How long until TTC begins?

*How is the wait going?

*General questions, updates, r/r

For TTC -

*What month/cycle?

*(If you're comfortable) What are you doing to get KU?

*Any symptom spotting chart stalking craziness we can help with?

For KU -

*(If this is your first post after your BFP) When did you find out you were pregnant? How did you tell your SO this time around? Feel free to share any other details you're comfortable with (what were you doing to get KU, how long were you trying this time, etc)

*How far along are you/when are you due?

*Future or recent appointment updates?

*Team Pink or Blue?

*How is this pregnancy different from/similar to June '16?

Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
Married: 11/2013
M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018

Re: April 2017 Pre/TTC & Grad Check-In

• TTC heading into month 4

This month my period came right on time.  Last month however I was five days late.  I was having slight symptoms and my milk supply crashed, but alas no.  I kind of forgot that early pregnancy symptoms are very similar to PMS.  Go figure.  DH and I just keep plugging away, but this month I will start to track my temperature in the mornings to see if I can pinpoint ovulation better.

Not too worried yet.  Tristan makes us very happy and we are starting to get the hang of the whole parenting thing.  I'm feeling content either way.  On a completely selfish, sister competition front, I would like to get pregnant again before my little sister does.  How awful is that.  Should have saved for FFFC.
  • egirl1025 said:
    TTC heading into month 4

This month my period came right on time.  Last month however I was five days late.  I was having slight symptoms and my milk supply crashed, but alas no.  I kind of forgot that early pregnancy symptoms are very similar to PMS.  Go figure.  DH and I just keep plugging away, but this month I will start to track my temperature in the mornings to see if I can pinpoint ovulation better.

Not too worried yet.  Tristan makes us very happy and we are starting to get the hang of the whole parenting thing.  I'm feeling content either way.  On a completely selfish, sister competition front, I would like to get pregnant again before my little sister does.  How awful is that.  Should have saved for FFFC.
    I've got two little sisters, I understand. The one closest to me in age is married and told me that her and her DH have agreed to start TTC after her Maid of Honor duties conclude with her BFFs wedding in early November. Petty me had the first thought of: "Good, I should already be pregnant with baby 2 by the time she starts trying for baby 1." Being sisters is a constant love/one-up relationship.

Best of luck with this cycle!
  • Loading the player...
  • Haven't participated on here in a while, but DH and DD are both asleep and im soaking up some mom time... is anyone from our BMB pregnant yet and I missed it? 

Anyways....

We originally planned on waiting until Sydney turns 1 to start trying, but there is a SMALL possibility that we had an uh oh. I don't track ovulation, chart, temp, blah blah, I really only track my period. Last week, DH and I had birthday sex and we forgot we didn't have any condoms and he was drunk and didn't pull out. I didn't think much of it until I decided to check when i possibly could be fertile, and what do you know?! Birthday Sex night was a fertile night. 

But in all honesty, if it happens, we are ok with it because it's only about 2 months shy of when we originally said we'd start trying again. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey @sdLindenberg good to see you again. Best of luck, possibly, on the ttc. You know, now or not  :)

We do have one pregnant lady. Hey @khenry12 how's it going?
  • Haven't participated on here in a while, but DH and DD are both asleep and im soaking up some mom time... is anyone from our BMB pregnant yet and I missed it? 

Anyways....

We originally planned on waiting until Sydney turns 1 to start trying, but there is a SMALL possibility that we had an uh oh. I don't track ovulation, chart, temp, blah blah, I really only track my period. Last week, DH and I had birthday sex and we forgot we didn't have any condoms and he was drunk and didn't pull out. I didn't think much of it until I decided to check when i possibly could be fertile, and what do you know?! Birthday Sex night was a fertile night. 

But in all honesty, if it happens, we are ok with it because it's only about 2 months shy of when we originally said we'd start trying again. 
    Good to see you around again! 
  • I really enjoy reading these ladies! I am way done, 3 kids is a plenty for us, getting super excited to see who is next to join @khenry12
  • @sdLindenberg we are pregnant again! 17 weeks along already. We have our a/s later this month so I was waiting until I have pics of the little bean to do my monthly update. And I don't mean to worry you, but our culprit was also birthday sex.
  • Maybe I should give DH some great birthday sex later this month :D
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Congratulations!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • They don't lie when they say all it takes is one time unprotected.... guess who's due in December?!? 

Turns out im beyond fertile, hubby has great swimmers, and from here on out, no more drunk birthday sex unprotected.... 
    Congrats to you both as your little family continues to grow!
  • Congrats!!!!!
  • They don't lie when they say all it takes is one time unprotected.... guess who's due in December?!? 

Turns out im beyond fertile, hubby has great swimmers, and from here on out, no more drunk birthday sex unprotected.... 
    Wow! Congrats! It can take a little while to get your mind around a surprise like that, but I hope you can feel super excited soon.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! I'm getting there. I think once I have my first ultrasound and we announce to our families. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! I'm getting there. I think once I have my first ultrasound and we announce to our families. 
    Nadia was a bit of a surprise. We were planning to start trying that next January, but dh failed to pull out in September and I got pregnant. Those few months changed a lot of our plans, and it took me almost 3 months to feel good about it all. It's ok to feel anything at this point. It will come in time, and your baby will be an amazing blessing. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Congrats!!  Once you see that little heartbeat it will all be over.  Good luck!!
  • Hello all! 19 weeks now, it's flying by!! Feeling good over all. Finally not sick and feeling an energy burst here and there. Just had our as and everything looked healthy with baby. We are team Green again. Feeling baby move about everyday now so that's reassuring too! Things are moving along. 

@sdLindenberg seeing the heartbeat on that first ultrasound was a game changer. 
  • So I need some opinions...DH and I are currently TTC and I am 6 days late.  I have experienced some extremely light spotting, but nothing close to what I would consider a normal period.  I am currently on antibiotics for strep.  I have read that this could delay my period... Do any of you have previous experience with this?  Wondering how much longer I should wait before taking a test.  It doesn't help that symptoms of pregnancy are so similar to PMS!
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    edited May 2017
    I think it depends on how it will effect you emotionally. If you feel you would be super upset about a negative then maybe wait a few days if not then totally test today. I waited 8 days after missed period to test with my twins and by then it was so obvious I was Preggo lol, I think I was in denial, I tested 3 days late with cam.
  • egirl1025 said:
    So I need some opinions...DH and I are currently TTC and I am 6 days late.  I have experienced some extremely light spotting, but nothing close to what I would consider a normal period.  I am currently on antibiotics for strep.  I have read that this could delay my period... Do any of you have previous experience with this?  Wondering how much longer I should wait before taking a test.  It doesn't help that symptoms of pregnancy are so similar to PMS!
    I was definitely a POAS-aholic when trying with Miles, I was taking tests at 8 DPO. I applaud you for waiting so long to begin with. That being said, definitely agree with @Tawny87 on this one. I'm usually of the opinion for myself that it's better to know, but that's the hard science mind at work. If you know when you ovulated, 6 days late you could probably be fairly certain of the test results, regardless of antibiotics messing with your cycle. Good luck!!
  • khenry12 said:
    Pics from a/s. Been waiting forever to post this! The little one is yawning. So casual. 

Also I tested six days late with Adi and four or five days late with this one. They were both definitely positive by that point. 
    Soooooo​ cute!!!!
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    egirl1025 said:
    POAS today... It was positive!  Of course it is still way early, but had to let someone know.  DH wants to wait until after I go to the doctor to let our families know.  Feeling a bit anxious overall.  Excited for baby, but not really looking forward to not feeling good again.  
    I had a feeling it was. Congrats!!!! Now we have 3 Preggo Mom's in here, how exciting!
  • @egirl1025 congrats!! And I felt the sick time passed quicker this time around. I didn't feel great, but I had lo to chase after so that passed the days. 
  • lm45678lm45678 member
    Congrats @egirl1025!!!!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • egirl1025 said:
    POAS today... It was positive!  Of course it is still way early, but had to let someone know.  DH wants to wait until after I go to the doctor to let our families know.  Feeling a bit anxious overall.  Excited for baby, but not really looking forward to not feeling good again.  
    Congrats to you and your family!
  • Thanks everyone!  Had an HCG level taken today and was confirmed.  Will have another test done on Saturday to ensure levels are going up.  Mostly just being cautious because of the spotting I had and it being too early for an ultrasound.
  • FWIW, I POAS 2 days before I was supposed to start my period, and it was positive. DH is definitely getting snipped after this one is born...

Pregnancy Ticker