November 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms: 5/7

A new week...
Married: 08.05.11
Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16

Re: Weekly Randoms: 5/7

• I had an "old" moment this morning when my 31 yo brother (I'm 32) told me he had his girlfriend watch Cruel Intentions for the first time. How could she have not already seen that movie?!? Well, she's 24... so that might be it. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Anyone's LO experiencing "stranger danger"? I went to see my parents today and LO fell asleep in the car and woke up right when I got there. My dad went to get the car seat out and LO was super frowny and when we got inside he let out this super giant cry with tears. I got him out and cuddled him but he was super weary of my parents for a good 1/2 hour. Never has done this before. 

The wonder weeks app talks about this leap noticing mom being out of the room etc so not sure of that is it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Lol @SandNStarsNJ I love that movie 
  • I'm 32 and have never seen that movie! But I hear you on feeling old! I work with two women in their mid-20s and constantly feel old. They weren't born until at least 1990!
  • I'm 32 and have never seen that movie! But I hear you on feeling old! I work with two women in their mid-20s and constantly feel old. They weren't born until at least 1990!
    What?!? You have got to sit down to a little classic 90s drama. Cruel Intentions was a staple of our time. It's up there with Laguna Beach!

And old, feeling? I teach 11th and 12th grade. They were born in 2000!
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    kvruns said:
    Anyone's LO experiencing "stranger danger"? I went to see my parents today and LO fell asleep in the car and woke up right when I got there. My dad went to get the car seat out and LO was super frowny and when we got inside he let out this super giant cry with tears. I got him out and cuddled him but he was super weary of my parents for a good 1/2 hour. Never has done this before. 

The wonder weeks app talks about this leap noticing mom being out of the room etc so not sure of that is it. 
    My LO is definitely searching for me, but not yet crying as she still sees me.
    The swimmingteacher wanted to show something and asked if she was in that stage. I said no. When she took LO, she started looking for me right away. So the swimmingteacher said she will be there soon.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• *feeling awkward born in 1990* :tongue:
  • @kvruns yep, we took A to the pediatrician and she was holding her, looking into her eyes and A (who has seen her at least once a month since she was born) suddenly started welling up and screamed. As soon as I took her back, she was totally cool.
  • I experienced last night the first time. H and I met some friends for dinner and left M home with his grandmother. She said he was perfectly fine. When I came home he saw me and screamed. I wanted to change into pjs before feeding him. I got back down to take him and he was happy again but I forgot something. He cried when I went up to get it. Even when I asked h to hold him he would cry. 
    I mean I love he's a mommys boy but I like when I can leave the room. 
  • desoky01 said:
    *feeling awkward born in 1990* :tongue:
    Haha I'm feeling awkward too! I was born in 94
  • m6aguam6agua member
    kvruns said:

I think I remember reading that they may start to be more shy around "strangers" during and after one of these recent leaps.

fitlady21 said:
    desoky01 said:
    1988 here! So not too far off. But I have seen Cruel Intentions.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• kvrunskvruns member
    I bought some Pampers Baby Dry to try for overnight since his belly sleeping was causing leaks. He was dry this morning! Granted his diaper wasn't super full like usual but I'm hopeful 
  • Our local wholesale club only sells Baby dry so we switched from swaddlers to them. She's never had a blowout in them #nevergoingback
  • kvruns said:
    fitlady21 said:
    desoky01 said:
    My H graduated HS in 94
    Haha my H is 9 years older. 

We we also use baby dry at night and have never had a leak!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Our local wholesale club only sells Baby dry so we switched from swaddlers to them. She's never had a blowout in them #nevergoingback
    Good to know. I have a huge stash of size 3 Baby Dry and I hoped they would work. We are on about week 3-4 of 2s and 3 different brands worked fine until he started belly sleeping and then nothing worked. I am going to save the Baby Dry for nights only until  he fits in the 3s 
  • Luvs is actually the only thing that S hasn't had a blow out in.  But I hate that they don't have the line indicator on them.  Crazy how different diapers work for different babies.
  • @Ladybug2821 I think this has made me nicer towards the filthy people I have to share a bathroom with at work. It's not their fault they can't pee in the toilet, their bodies must just be designed differently, much like our babies.
  • @Ladybug2821 I think this has made me nicer towards the filthy people I have to share a bathroom with at work. It's not their fault they can't pee in the toilet, their bodies must just be designed differently, much like our babies.

Oh heck no.  I still don't understand that.  And even if they are someone that has an issue peeing in the toilet, they need to learn to clean up after themselves.  I have a few gross people here at work also.  Some don't even wash their hands :/.
  • Hahahaha, I was joking. I still hate them. We have toilet seat covers so they should be able to make it in the bowl. We have a regular offender on our floor who doesn't wash her hands. We all know who she is and when the building was doing a free breakfast last summer, we saw her get there first. My coworker and I turned around and came right back up.
  • leighryleighry member
    kvruns said:
    fitlady21 said:
    desoky01 said:
    My H graduated HS in 94
    My husband graduated in 97. He is 6 years older than me.
  • This thread is bringing me way more smiles than it probably should this week. Thanks!  :)
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Luvs is actually the only thing that S hasn't had a blow out in.  But I hate that they don't have the line indicator on them.  Crazy how different diapers work for different babies.
    The Seventh Generation and Honest Co diapers i've used recently don't have the pee indicators and I haven't missed them. I think he's had like 2 times ever when he didn't have a wet diaper so I don't really see a need for it for us.
  • Anyone else getting baby fever! Mines 7 months this week.. is no where close to sleeping through the night.. yet I want another one! I think it's due to the fact that she's so much bigger and past that "newborn" stage. It makes me so sad! Plus I LoVED being pregnant and I just didn't enjoy it thinking I would have another one.

My husband is team one and done so who knows if we will even have another one. 
  • m6aguam6agua member
    fitlady21 said:
    Anyone else getting baby fever! Mines 7 months this week.. is no where close to sleeping through the night.. yet I want another one! I think it's due to the fact that she's so much bigger and past that "newborn" stage. It makes me so sad! Plus I LoVED being pregnant and I just didn't enjoy it thinking I would have another one.

My husband is team one and done so who knows if we will even have another one. 
    Yes!! I've been feeling this way too lately. She is just growing too fast. However my H wants to have them closer in age. I said we will not be pregnant in 2017.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @fitlady21 NO. I think we're finally getting to the fun age at six months. I may be in the minority but I didn't much love the newborn phase. Which sucks really because I'm probably going to do it at least two more times...
  • kvrunskvruns member
    @fitlady21 NO. I think we're finally getting to the fun age at six months. I may be in the minority but I didn't much love the newborn phase. Which sucks really because I'm probably going to do it at least two more times...
    one of my good friends didn't like the newborn stage, she was so ready for her daughter to go to daycare
  • @fitlady21 NO. I think we're finally getting to the fun age at six months. I may be in the minority but I didn't much love the newborn phase. Which sucks really because I'm probably going to do it at least two more times...

I feel the same way.  The newborn phase made me rethink having more honestly.
  • I loved the newborn phase.. so much. Yes it was hard but I loved it.
  • jsmaijsmai member
    I feel like my H had ppd and my pp recovery was pretty rough.  I miiiight change my mind someday,  but for now we are sooo one and done.

• kvrunskvruns member
    jsmai said:
    I feel like my H had ppd and my pp recovery was pretty rough.  I miiiight change my mind someday,  but for now we are sooo one and done.

Ditto 
  • I so want a third but I think DH is tapped out. For now we'll wait and see as we NTNP!

I feel the same way.  The newborn phase made me rethink having more honestly.
    Me too!!! Totally agree!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • leighryleighry member
    My first 3 pregnancies I was really nauseated and vomited a lot. This last pregnancy I felt fine but ended up with gestational diabetes. I'd so rather just be sick. If I could be guaranteed I wouldnt have gestational diabetes with a future pregnancy I would have another but it's not worth it to me now. I don't want to go through that again.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Forgot to bring my pumping bottles with me this morning. So I have a pump but nothing to pump into. I have some bags but they don't connect without an adapter. I guess I could hold the bag up to the pump but that would suck. 
  • I am so excited to have another but in Canada I need to be back to work for 5 months (at least) in order to qualify to maternity leave again. So I figure summer 2018 we will probably look at trying again. 

Ive become so used to my good quality baby things that I am HATING using my MIL's pack and play. Poor thing is basically sleeping on a peice of wood. I even had to put a quilt in under the fitted sheet and it's still bad. 
    But her bed was also like that for us. Needless to say I'm happy to be in a hotel for the next few nights
  • kvruns said:
    Forgot to bring my pumping bottles with me this morning. So I have a pump but nothing to pump into. I have some bags but they don't connect without an adapter. I guess I could hold the bag up to the pump but that would suck. 
    I wish I had a suggestion here... that stinks. Hope it resolves itself!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    kvruns said:
    I wish I had a suggestion here... that stinks. Hope it resolves itself!
    I went home! Driving in to work during the pouring rain I thought man I should just work from home.  Go figure I should have just listened to myself driving in and saved myself the trouble.  I have extra bag adapters so I'm going to make sure and have those at work (I just had the bags for storage not for pumping)