Pregnant after IF

Missed dose of estrogen

Okay, so I'm an idiot. I'm on 2mg of estradiol, twice a day (4mg total) in pill form, 5 weeks, 3 days pregnant after fresh transfer of donor embryo (my wife's egg). Last night, I forgot my evening estradiol pill. I'm on schedule for progesterone.

Doctor says to just stick to my schedule moving forward. 

I know that it's probably fine, but has anyone here missed a dose, and have things been fine for you? It would be reassuring to hear. And I appreciate a reality check, too, if things weren't fine for you.
Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

Re: Missed dose of estrogen

• Hey girl, I missed a dose of my estrogen patches at around 4 weeks and it made me incredibly nervous, but the clinic was very reassuring. I'm currently 4 months pg, so as you can see it didn't hurt anything. I think as long as it doesn't repeatedly happen, it shouldn't be any issue. I hope this helps in some way. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!  <3
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • srh18srh18 member
    Hey! I felt like a total idiot after I forgot for three whole days that I was supposed to start my estrogen and progesterone.  Oops. So I missed six doses of both and no harm done--just passed the 12 week mark. :) h&h 9 months to you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Breathe! You and your lil one will be fine.
    It happens, and it sucks on your conscious, but one missed dose is not harmful. 
    Just make sure it doesn't happen again as you don't want it to become a habit.
    Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers