October 2017 Moms

Unpopular Opinion (5/4)

Re: Unpopular Opinion (5/4)

• Loading the player...
  • UO: I'm not a fan of most reality shows - Bachelor/Bachelorette, Real Housewives of any city, Survivor, etc. 
    i live for them. they make me feel so good about myself and where i am at in my life. things are crashing down all around me. but hey...at least i am not Farrah from teen mom.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • @carries2018 Farrah is such a train wreck! lol I used to be really into reality shows but just couldn't be on the bandwagon after Real Housewives came on and then the Bachelor/Bachelorette started having 2-3 hour episodes. Who has time for that?! 
  • i do @sdarling2010 i have all the time in the world for the bachelor! :p

i've never seen real housewives but i am sure a glass of wine and an episode i'd be hooked.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @carries2018 you watch and fill me in so I know what's happening when someone IRL brings it up! I'll drink to that! Juice of course, always juice, til November lol 
  • i really DGAF about celebrities privacy. i am sure it is super annoying to be known wherever you go. but it comes with the job. you are making millions of dollars for not really doing much. i don't feel bad for you. same with the teen moms they have been complaining a lot lately. i get they didnt know how famous they would become...but your life would be mighty different if it wasn't for the show. just deal with it and don't be a primadonna, i don't care to hear you whine.
    Have you seen Jay-z and Beyonce's hospital demands for when the twins are born? They want the hospital to remove security cameras for privacy reasons. Because that's a safe thing to do. They are such divas. 
  • @OliveOyl2014 didnt they require a hospital room be renovated for when blue ivy was born? eye roll. i hope her room service is cold.

Pregnancy Ticker

• they are having her in the room?! dafuq. i cannot imagine dealing with that when i am trying to give birth. i mean i am sure she will have a slew of nannies. but what?!

Pregnancy Ticker

• migdalamigdala member
    UO:  If I had an obscene amount of money, I'd probably also insist that everything be just so for my birth.  It's probably good that I'll never have an obscene amount of money because I guarantee I would go from zero to diva status so fast it'd make your head spin.
  • ::starts to question if @migdala belongs on a post it::

Image result for thinking gif

Pregnancy Ticker

• I think discarding a name you like because of the initials it will create is silly. There are a few exceptions: if the initials spell a "bad" word (example, ASS).
    agreed!  my son's initials are most likely going to be BJ ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • TallMomma29 sdarling2010 Yesss! I'm so with you ladies on this one!

jessafishy You're not the only one. Oak is so gross and dated. I call it '90s chic.
  • My unpopular opinion is that I don't mind contributing monetarily to Teacher's Appreciation Week for daycare despite paying an arm and leg for childcare.  I'm actually on the planning committee, so that could've been my "donation" to the cause, but I still gave $25, signed all their "Thank you!" cards, and will get each of them a flower for tomorrow.  Everyone likes to be recognized for their work in some way.

But I'm kinda obsessed with our daycare.  They do some awesome stuff.  Since we've started there in July they 1) hosted an end of the year/back to school BBQ, 2) has a Trunk or Treat, 3) Had a float in the Fall Festival parade, 4) had an easter egg hunt with an Easter bunny, 5) Are having a Mother's Day Tea for the mommas, 6) brought in Santa and Mrs. Clause, 7) Did an "Around the world" event after hours.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ForwardnBackward I love our daycare, too. And I don't mind doing something special for DD's main teacher. My issue comes when she has 11+ different teachers (including floaters) plus they send information home for every employee, like the cook. I mean, at Christmas we gave everyone (including the cook) a small gift card. But 5 gifts a week for 11+ people? We just don't have that kind of money. They say there's no pressure, but I feel it anyway.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ForwardnBackward party planning makes me want to take a nap.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @natleilynn - we didn't require any monetary donations, but suggested a small amount per family - and then the lump sum went to into all the events (food, gift cards, lotto tickets, etc.).  I know what you mean about volume - DS has about 14 people that I felt like I needed to acknowledge at Christmas time - most importantly the cook in my opinion cuz of his food allergies!

@carries2018 - I told them I was a really good at ordering food - so that was my charge, otherwise I didn't do a whole lot.  I couldn't keep up with the amount of emails they were sending to be really involved more than that!

TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ForwardnBackward I definitely wanted to do something for the cook at Christmas just because she has a magical way of getting DD to try new foods haha
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • UO: I'm not a fan of most reality shows - Bachelor/Bachelorette, Real Housewives of any city, Survivor, etc. 

shame on you!  Trash tv is my life!

@carries2018 get on board woman!  I think I'm the only Bravo lover around here, I need to discuss Southern Charm with someone!

• @buttercream_frosting I've had this thought too.  I think I've seen some boards do just a Weekly BF thread instead of every day.
  • we need more interesting threads. like hot topic tuesdays, and...i dunno haha. i need to argue about something though.

Pregnancy Ticker

• monstera13monstera13 member
    edited May 2017
    @buttercream_frosting @mrs_fogue @carries2018 I agree! Hot topic threads would be interesting. I'd also love to bring back some of the more positive threads, or come up with ideas for new positive ones. Maybe Tug of War Tuesday for hot topics? lol I'm bad at thinking of good alliterations! 
  • @buttercream_frosting @mrs_fogue @carries2018 @jessirh I toootally agree. A weekly BF thread seems like it would do the trick. But I also don't think we need to be all butterflies and rainbows positivity. I like UO and FFFC, would be up for a Hot Topic Tuesday and/or any other interesting thread ideas.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • tug of war? haha what? how do i play that over the internet?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Haha I just just trying to be creative for hot topics. You know, like tugging over different opinions? 

*retreats back in lameness*
  • True story Tuesday?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • VLillyVVLillyV member
    @Brambles23 UGH THIS! Totally not a UO for me. My MIL had a friend who promised her free "swag" if she could host a selling party in my actual work office with my coworkers.... MIL is gullible so I don't blame her for this, but how tacky!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mrs_fogue said:
    UO: I'm not a fan of most reality shows - Bachelor/Bachelorette, Real Housewives of any city, Survivor, etc. 

shame on you!  Trash tv is my life!

@carries2018 get on board woman!  I think I'm the only Bravo lover around here, I need to discuss Southern Charm with someone!

I just have to say that I am a huge RHONY and RHOC, Flipping Out, Top Chef fan!
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker