November 2017 Moms

Plans/Ideas for pregnancy announcement

Re: Plans/Ideas for pregnancy announcement

• These are all so cute! Right now my husband and I are the only ones that know. We are planning on telling family's this weekend and everyone else/facebook later this week or next after I have an appointment. My daughter was around fathers day so we filled a box with pink and blue balloons for our father in law to open and then my dad we signed his card from the 3 of us.

This time around we are going to a sporting event tonight so we are asking about an extra ticket for me. Tomorrow I'm planning on giving my mom a bill for $5 on text updates on my pregnancy because she was really into the April the giraffe pregnancy.

For everyone else my husband wants to do a loading player 4 screen on the tv with 4 xbox controllers infront. His, mine, a smaller pink one, and an even smaller rainbow one (for our rainbow baby). I am hoping to cut the 2 small ones out of my silhouette.
  • We told my brother the other day (he's the first and only person we've told so far), because he's staying with us for a bit and there's no way I could have continued to get away with fake drinking around him for long. He was so sweet and happy for us! Honestly, he's not really a kid guy, and I guess I didn't think he'd be very excited, but he totally is. Now I really can't wait to tell everyone else!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Loading the player...
  • @cmessamore That's great!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• baby3formebaby3forme member
    edited April 2017
    Anyone still waiting to announce? I'm almost 12 weeks (Baby will be here 1-2 weeks early at least) and have only told my sister and a friend! I saw on my time hop on Facebook that 2 years ago today I fb announced being pregnant with DD2! It made me excited for this announcement.  :) We've known for almost 2 months now and I'm so shocked I've kept this quite about it!!  :#
  • edited April 2017
    We are FB announcing May 14! I'll be 13+1 by then and will have had my 12 week appointment so I think I'll feel good about that date. It gives us time to let all other friends we want to tell in person know too before we post on social media.

ETA: Totally forgot May 14 is Mother's Day (my mom doesn't care for it so I never remember), we'll be announcing May 15th :)

• We will fb announce after my 12 week appt on may 12th. All of our family and close friends know though. 3 more week! 
  • I think I'm the only one waiting this long but we won't announce or post anything until I'm 20 weeks. It will around DHs birthday so we will probably throw a party and of course i will be obviously pregnant by then. I'm just very shy of social media announcements. 
  • @ShePersisted I haven't decided on social media announcement or not. But I definitely want to wait until about 20 weeks if we do post. 
  • I'm planning a reveal party on Mother's Day and we'll share publicly on fb after that. Not until at least Monday though. Mother's Day sucks for a lot of women and I don't want to make it any harder on them. 

• @ShePersisted We haven't ever done a social media pregnancy announcement. We tell the people who we want to know and then others find out as they see us. We've posted a birth announcement for both kids though, so will probably do that for this one too.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• pawcallpawcall member
    edited April 2017
    When I was pregnant with my son, I literally never announced on facebook or at work.  Obviously my boss knew, but I never said anything to anyone else, and the first thing I posted about it on facebook was a picture of him when he was born.  It wasn't a secret, people who saw me in person obviously figured it out, I just didn't have a big reveal.  It took this one guy I worked with until like 32 weeks to muster up the courage to say "so you're uh, pregnant right?"  I was HUGE by then :D

I was inclined to do the same this time around, but FI is way too excited for that.  At this point, we've specifically told each of our family members in person/on the phone, so there's really nothing else to wait for, but I just haven't pulled the FB trigger yet.  I'm not sure what I'm waiting for.

Also, I'm weird about this, but I will NOT post ultrasound pictures on facebook.  It creeps me out to think of ex colleagues and moms from my son's playgroup gazing lovingly at the inside of my uterus.  Although i plaster them all over the bump for you guys :D in real life we keep them private.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• We will be announcing right at 12 weeks, so May 19. I can't wait! Pretty much everyone we talk to on a day to day basis already knows though. We are terrible at keeping exciting secrets,
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• We told our parents immediately and my husband and I each told one close friend just this past weekend. We'll tell the rest of my family on Mother's Day (at 13 weeks) since we'll all be together, and then start telling our friends. There will be no Facebook announcement... Seeing those caused me way too many tears during our infertility, and I don't want my news to ruin anyone's day. I'm really excited to tell our good friends and the rest of our family, though!
  • This may be an UO, but I don't get not posting on social media if you use it. I mean, you'll eventually post a pic of the baby when it's born, right? Either way if someone is going to be upset by it, it'll happen with the pregnancy announcement or birth announcement. For the last 18 months I have been upset numerous times by other people's announcements, but I would never expect someone to not post something because they got pregnant when I was struggling. 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

• ShePersistedShePersisted member
    edited April 2017
    @ktcakes87 not every one uses social media the same way or extensively and not everyone only has close friends or feel comfortable sharing their lives with acquaintances. I don't have any issues with anyone posting anything they want. Frankly there are numerous things posted that can upset anyone so it's not that. I just am a private person and my social media is mostly to keep in touch on and off with folks that I don't call regularly. So not posting is a personal decision - there is nothing to not get as there are tons of reasons for various people to use social media differently. E.g, I know some people who primarily use social media to keep in touch, they never ever call and that's just fine. And I have friends who don't believe in social media and that's fine too. 

PS: when I decided to not have a big wedding I was frowned upon by my whole family and many friends. For me I just wanted to save the money for a fabulous honey moon. Does that mean someone who threw a big wedding missed out? Absolutely not. Same concept. Social pressure of doing things a certain way vs. what you think is makes sense to you. 
  • @ShePersisted I completely understand not wanting to post on social media if that isn't your thing. I just don't understand not posing it just because it might upset someone. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that! 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @ktcakes87 that's what I meant that it maybe very different reason for each person and one of them would be being sensitive to their friends who are struggling with something. E.g, as part of ttc process I know a lot of folks who have struggled with infertility and I never post stuff that I think might be hard for them to read. My posting is on top of their feeds and out of all the things someone may struggle with in the world, I don't want my post to be one of them. I'll never do that to anyone I know no matter how much I am dying to post something. But I don't hold others to the same obligation and don't judge anyone else based on how they choose to manage their social media stuff. 
  • @ktcakes87 @shepersisted Just my two cents... When I was going through IF it was SO much harder for me to see pregnancy announcements than to see babies. I always believed that somehow someday I would have a baby -- I never lost that hope. But I did lose hope entirely in conceiving easily and even in getting pregnant at all. Seeing pregnancy announcements made me feel so sorry for myself and so alone, like everyone can get pregnant except me. I wouldn't want to do that to someone else. Seeing a picture of a baby just didn't give me the same feelings. I'm not professing to speak for all IFers here but I know of others who feel the same way. It just feels different and I therefore feel differently about a pregnancy announcement versus posting a picture of a baby. 

• Been calling family this week to announce. 12w 3d today. DH posted online & I followed suit shortly after. Put up a picture of DD edited with text "Big Sister November 5, 2017"

It was fun to let DH announce first
  • I love all this ideas I might brain storm with DH and combined some of these if you lovely ladies don't mind? What we had wanted to do was suprise our close family with something special but my mom guessed and we couldn't hide it from her so most of our family and friends know lol so we were thinking as a way to tell those who don't know, we wanted to do something that envolved our furry babies but also reveled the gender.
  • @rosejpalafox just bought this book too!
  • @QTAMum3 we love May 4th. Geeks for life! Lol also, I wouldn't worry too much about your friend. She'll get to have her baby first (guessing by anatomy scan) and hopefully she'll mellow out. We were going to announce it one day and then two of our coworkers announced their pregnancy, so we waited another week. 
  • @QTAMum3 Please tell me you did the May the 4th announcement. Love it! Also I'm really sorry your friend is acting that way. I can understand briefly feeling that, especially with first tri emotions, but to dwell on it or hold it over your head the whole pregnancy is not really something a friend should do. It's not like you got pregnant for the sole purpose of showing her up. I would be ecstatic to have a close friend to share pregnancy with. 
  • bcashawbcashaw member
    @KLink15 @irishfrisky I wanted a Harry Potter themed nursery soooooo bad and DH totally was like absolutely not :(  he is a muggle obviously. 
  • BayCampBayCamp member
    @KLink15 I have to share that idea with my friend who is due in December!! She had an amazing Harry Potter themed bridal shower, and her and her husband own a business that makes vinyl wraps so they're making their own wallpaper to make the baby's room look like either a room in Hogwarts or maybe something fantastic beasts themed. I can't wait to see it!! 
  • foxaírtfoxaírt member
    edited May 2017
    Deleted -

• @QTAMum3 it's not like you purposefully planned to get pregnant at the same time as her. What does she want, for you to plan your life and your pregnancies around hers? Seems very selfish to me.