June 2017 Moms
Options

Saturday Ticker Change 4/29

zseirecargzseirecarg member
edited April 2017 in June 2017 Moms
For those with an EDD of 6/3, 6/10, 6/17, and 6/24! 

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What is your go to music genre?

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 4/29

• Options
    How far along are you? 32 weeks!

How big is baby? Squash

Upcoming appointments? OB Check up and growth ultrasound Wednesday

Any new symptoms or changes? Feeling large, heartburn is becoming more regular. Little lady is still moving like crazy I stepped wrong or something yesterday and now my knee is killing me, I can't bend it fully or straighten it fully without it hurting. My mom thinks I just over extended something. Wish makes sense since I read our joints and what not are loosing up.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: my knee hurts - haha. Rave: My baby shower is tomorrow :) Looking forward to seeing all my friends and family and hopefully feeling like we are more prepared for baby afterwards. 

We had our hospital tour this past Thursday - boy did that make thing WAY more real. Also - I think I might sign up to have a doula, I wasn't so convinced before - but after meeting a few of them I think it might be a good fit for us. 

GTKY: What is your go to music genre? I like lots of music but I usually turn on country first. The Highway on XM in the car. 

• Options

How far along are you? 35 Weeks!

How big is baby? Pineapple or 5lbs 3 ozs

Upcoming appointments? Weekly ultrasounds and just regular ob visit. Most likely GBS test this time. 

Any new symptoms or changes? The labour dreams won't stop which is terrifying when you're at risk for pre term labour lol! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? just excited and nervous that it's all so close!! Just two short weeks now! 

GTKY: What is your go to music genre whatever happens to be on the radio when I turn it on! Usually just pop music! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy Saturday Ladies! This week was a rough one!

How far along are you? 35 Weeks

How big is baby? Size of a pineapple, about 5lbs 9 oz according to growth scan.

Upcoming appointments? Monday OB appt

Any new symptoms or changes? My sugar levels have been super cooperative so thats good. Had a scare at the ultrasound on Monday. They thought my fluid was dangerously low but after another u/s they are going to increase NST monitoring.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I just want this baby to keep baking! And the aweful leg cramps are back grrr!

GTKY: What is your go to music genre? I am mostly country but I like a little of everything. 

@graceriesz I mostly listen to the Highway as well on XM. 90's on 9 is always fun too lol. I hope you knee feels better and you have a great shower today.

@RaeR144 after this week I can understand the emotional roller coaster you must feel like you are on. I hope the dreams go away. We are getting closer every week!

• Options
    @tmrussell glad you hear your sugar levels have been good, that's great news. Keep that baby baking! 
  • Options
    @tmrussell sorry to hear about your scare! At least at this point your baby is pretty much ready to go! Fingers crossed that you can keep baby in!
  • Options

How far along are you? 35 weeks

How big is baby? Pineapple

Upcoming appointments? I have 2 on Thursday... NST + OB (and I'll get the strep B test), then growth scan at MFM.

Any new symptoms or changes? Just had a scary fall last night that scratched up my belly pretty bad. Posted about it in the FB group. Baby seems fine though, I'm just a paranoid person :cry:

Rants/Raves/Questions? We have our maternity photoshoot this evening! I thought doing this at 35 weeks would be pushing it. I do feel much more big and swollen this week but hopefully professional hair and makeup will make me look good. And the pretty dress I'm planning to wear :)

GTKY: What is your go to music genre? 80s!

***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    @graceriesz Sorry about your knee! We need to be so careful in 3rd trimester because we get so injury prone! I hope you feel better soon.

• Options

How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is baby? head of lettuce, squash

Upcoming appointments? We have our first actual doula appointment this Wednesday, which hopefully goes better than our meet and greet, as I really need DH to feel comfortable around her so they can be my joint support team. Also a routine midwife appointment on Thursday, which is actually with one of the backup midwives we haven't met yet as our main ones are both on their vacation time right now. 

Any new symptoms or changes? I've been a bit more paranoid all week after having that bad reaction to the Zantac, and wondering at every new thing whether it's still related to that or if it's a legitimate new symptom. I think the only new thing is some round ligament pain when I walk. Acid reflux is off the charts, but that's been happening pretty much the whole pregnancy, so I'm back to using dairy, Tums and positioning to just suck it up and deal with it.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I feel like having been away for work 12+ hours a day the last 2 weeks (plus being super sick from the Zantac midway through) I haven't really had the proper time or energy to monitor DH. I had thought his anxiety was improving but missed the depression kicking back in until it was already here in full force. If I can get him back to taking his vitamins regularly I know it'll gradually improve over the next 2 weeks, but it's a lot of very careful wording of everything I say, and a lot of constant reassurance on everything, and a lot of being a buffer in stressful situations in the meantime, and it feels even more daunting than usual given everything else already going on with me right now. 

GTKY: What is your go to music genre? 

Usually whatever is on the radio, but I switch between pop and indie/rock stations a lot. 

• Options

How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? Pineapple

Upcoming appointments? I have one next week. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Insomnia is just ughhhhh. My new wake up time is 4:45 make it stoppppppp

Rants/Raves/Questions? We did our birthing class and hospital tour today. It was pretty informative and I feel a little more prepared.

GTKY: What is your go to music genre? Commercial hip hop lol

• Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 sorry to hear about your fall. Glad you are feeling ok though and baby is moving about. Deep breaths! Hope your photoshoot was fun! Update on my knee- I was literally limping around yesterday all day and icing every couple hours. Well I woke up today and it's like nothing every happened! So I have no idea what I did, but I am glad it doesn't hurt anymore! 

@CapricaAndrea Hope your doula appointment went well! I hope that your throwing up has at least stopped!

@Knottie42089123 I hear you on wake up time - I had all the time in the world this weekend to sleep in, and was wide awake by 6a at the latest.

• Options
    @graceriesz Glad your knee is feeling better! I've had weird stuff like that happen too, where it hurts like crazy one day and is fine the next. Happens with my ankles and neck mostly. Not sure what is going on with that but not complaining about the pain going away!

Our shoot was fun! I really can't wait to see all the pictures :)

• Options

How far along are you? 33 Weeks

How big is baby? Two Pineapples

Upcoming appointments? OB and growth scan on Wednesday. I'm starting to get worried that any discordant growth will set off a chain of events, but trying to shake that! 

Any new symptoms or changes? Im growing so fast, and they are seriously taking up so much room that I can't tell if it's a constant Braxton Hicks or just backs and limbs filling up every darn nook and cranny of my uterus. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant! My daughter picked up a cold at the park... I knew the instant it happened. This snotty kid came up and talked to her, coughed right in her face. Now we are ALL sick. I cough and pee, I'm wearing pads to save my pants. Im so annoyed that this kid was obviously in the first few days of a cold and was brought out to infect my entire family. (I know I'm being a terrible judgey mom, but frick.... I'm creating two lives right now.... I should not be sick)

GTKY: What is your go to music genre?  I'm all over the place. I go between Indie, hip hop, dance hall, r&b, alternative, metal. My Apple Music doesn't even know what to suggest for me ;)

@wifeinraleigh28 How are you doing?? No cramps or anything? 

@CapricaAndrea How did the doula meeting go?? Is your DH worried about perhaps being replaced in the room? I'd talk to your doula and let her know any worries or concerns your husband has. Really... her job is to make him the BEST support person you could imagine, I'm sure she wouldn't mind working through any concerns he has. 

• Options
    @halfthetree Ew ew ew and how maddening that this sick kid was out and about and made your family sick! I hope you all start to feel better soon! No cramps over here. The only discomfort I feel is sore skin from the scratch/bruise. And of course my normal discomfort from being 35 weeks pregnant. I feel similarly to how you described so it's hard for me to imagine what it must be like to have 2 bouncy babies in there!

• Options
    Our doula appointment isn't until Wednesday, but given the mood he was in on Saturday at our last prenatal class, and the fact that went very well, I'm more hopeful for this one too. He was upset last time because he thought it was as a waste of time, and was kind of lumping it in with the midwives which (at the time) he also thought was pointless. (Due to various circumstances they're both kind of far away from where we ended up moving, so he didn't understand the point vs having an OB, which he has since started to come around on). 

This doula appointment should be where we actually start making our birth plan instead of just sort of talking about small parts of it, so I'm hoping he'll feel like it's more worthwhile. At the prenatal class the instructor talked a lot about what his role would be during labour and he was kind of getting overwhelmed so we kept reminding him that he doesn't have to remember it all, the doula is there to help guide him as well. 
  • Options
    Well that did not go well at all. Apparently we were not doing the birth plan at this doula meeting, so immediately DH was upset. He likes to have solid plans to follow, and isn't really dealing well with the fact that labour is unpredictable and there isn't a specific formula of "if this, then do that" kind of a thing.

On top of that, he claims that today is the first time he's ever heard me say that I'm ok with an epidural if I feel it becomes necessary, and seems to think that because I've said that, the doula and midwives will suddenly just give me one even before it's necessary, despite the fact that we very clearly discussed today all of the options we have before getting to that point, and me reminding him that he knows me well enough that if I'm asking for it, it's only because I really really really need it. 

So now he's pissed at me for "changing" the plan without his input, and for telling him that I thought we were doing the birth plan today only to be wrong, and he's mad at the doula for not doing the birth plan today, and for (he thinks) dismissing his concerns about needing to know every possibility because she said (which was meant to be reassuring) not to worry because she'd be there too. He always goes worst case scenario and is all "well what if she's not there for some reason that she can't foresee right now? Then I DO need to know it so she shouldn't tell me not to worry". *sigh* He also seems to want to have a hard answer for everything he's supposed to do, as if I won't also be able to tell him what I need in the moment, or the midwives or anyone else. He's working himself into a panic about needing to know how to deal with every possible outcome completely by himself "just in case" something apparently happens to every other person in the room, including me, to make us incapacitated or absent. And telling him that's a situation that will never happen just makes him more angry that we're not taking him seriously. 
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea sorry the meeting didn't go as planned. I have no advice on helping your DH feel more comfortable, and I am normally a planner. I've learned to just go with the flow with this pregnancy - but I know how hard that is to hear.
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea I can't imagine going through all that. One thing the nurse brought up in our birthing class is you an DH can have a word that only you both know that you say that means your ready for the epidural or writing in your plan not to give it to you until you ask for it 3 times. I thought those were interesting ideas. 
  • Options
    tmrussell said:
    @CapricaAndrea I can't imagine going through all that. One thing the nurse brought up in our birthing class is you an DH can have a word that only you both know that you say that means your ready for the epidural or writing in your plan not to give it to you until you ask for it 3 times. I thought those were interesting ideas. 
    That's a thing we've talked about too and have decided it's a good idea. Also now that he's calmed down somewhat, we spent time talking about how a lot of his problem with today is that he's a worrier, and no matter how small the risks are associated with epidurals, he worries that those extremely rare things might happen. He knows it's statistically very unlikely, but doesn't stop him from assuming the worst anyway. Once I said that it sounded like he would think less of me if I decided to take it, he suddenly seemed to understand why I was upset and we were able to have an actual conversation. It doesn't help so far with the doula relationship, but I think during labour and birth he will be extremely grateful to have her there, which is really the main thing he'll take away from the experience overall. It's just a matter of getting there. 
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea I will come back to this! I've worked with many dads like your husband, and I SO understand. 
    Im just busy right now but will come back to reply more in the morning.