Babies on the Brain

WTO/TWW - Apr. 30

ChloandCocoChloandCoco member
edited April 2017 in Babies on the Brain

Feel free to add to this post throughout the week if your symptoms change or if you have a question. 

If you are a contributing member with a BFP this week, please share your success with us here!

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

WTO - WAYDTGKU:

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: What was the first pet you owned?

Re: WTO/TWW - Apr. 30

• Loading the player...
  • @ChloandCoco - blueberry! I've never heard of a Siamese fighting fish. Hope you ovulate soon!

GTKY: Mine was a kitten named Meow. SOOOO original. I was five, what can you say?  :p
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Sending you lots of ovulation vibes @ChloandCoco!
    Good luck this week to all you TTCers!

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• I was so busy yesterday, I apologize for posting and ghosting!

@catlady2015 - Siamese Fighting fish are also known as Beta fish; most pet stores carry them.
    @JennyColada - Good luck this cycle!!!!
    @kindbytealikat - Are you using OPKs or just temping and CM?
    @dreamscapes_ - Wow, you had a lot of pets growing up!
  • Yay for the addition of BFP!  My fingers are crossed for you @ChloandCoco and @JennyColada! In the nicest possible way, I hope you ladies get out of here quickly! ;)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @ChloandCoco CM is all I am doing right now since we are not actively trying. I will start temping when I can find my BBT thermometer. :/ I didn't go into this month prepared for much LOL. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Feel free to add to this post throughout the week if your symptoms change or if you have a question. 

If you are a contributing member with a BFP this week, please share your success with us here!

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

WTO - WAYDTGKU:

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: What was the first pet you owned?

Officially in single digits until my period is supposed to show up; AHHHH!!!!

First pet I owned was a black cat named Smokey. There are TONS of pics of it sleeping with me as a baby. My first pet on my own was a cat named Mia. She still lives with my parents. She is a tabby with orange calico spots. She is also mean as can be!!
  • @easttxmamas I had a Scott Terrier named Smokey growing up. I have pictures of me dressing him up and pushing him around in my doll buggies LOL

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• I love hearing about everyone's pets! Animals are awesome :smiley:

Good luck @ChloandCoco and @JennyColada!

@JNCPro3130 I absolutely love your sig picture :smiley: It's so cute!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @easttxmamas - Yay for single digits!!!
  • lilsebastianlilsebastian member
    edited May 2017
    Month/Cycle: 1/1
    CD/DPO: 34/?
    WTO - WAYDTGKU: sexy time
    TWW - Timing: Not sure, since I'm not temping/charting and this was my first cycle post-partum
    TWW - Testing: Friday if no AF
    R/R: So. DH wasn't fully on board with NTNP, you all know that, but he was on board enough to go for it. Well it turns out that my job isn't super stable right now. A co-worker heard some rumors that there may be salary reductions in our near future. I can't comfortably afford another baby with a salary reduction, so if I'm not pregnant this cycle, we'll be back on the TTA train until I find a new, higher-paying position, and then we'll have to wait three months post-hire to try again, because you have to work for 1 year to be covered under FMLA (damn that patriarchy making it so difficult to family plan!) I'm super bummed that our family planning feels a little out of our control. And I just can't help but think that, if I was a man, this wouldn't be a problem.

If I am pregnant, we'll be alright. I'll still job search, and likely use PTO/sick leave post-birth and have to get DH to take FMLA to take care of LO while I (very prematurely) return to work. It's an extra bummer because he makes so much more than I do, so to do without his income for a while (because FMLA is unpaid leave) is going to suck. We'll make it work, but it'll be hard. I'll be happy either way.

CS/Q:

GTKY: What was the first pet you owned ? I consider my dog Gabe to be the first dog I ever owned. He was a butthole, but he was my butt and I loved him.

Also, sorry I sort of entered the community and dashed! Our office just moved spaces so I need to be a bit more stealthier with my bumping. We now have an open office plan and everyone can see my screen. :s

Also this is DenimJeans - i wasn't loving that screen name so I changed it :p
  • @chloandCoCo – what a cute name!! I love it! We had a tankfull of guppies growing up – it was crazy they kept breeding and my brother and I wouldn’t let my mom get rid of them. Eventually we had to “re-home” them to our friends, but there is a solid chance my mom just disposed of them some other way.

@catlady2015 A kitten named MEOW? Adorable!

@jennyColada – what is RRL tea?

@dreamscapes_ I’m jealous of all the doggos in your life. I’ve only had two – Gabe and my current standard poodle.

@easttxmamas – I love black pets. My poodle is black and he. is. gorgeous. They are so underrated, I think.

• JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited May 2017

@doglovingweirdo: RRL tea (Red Raspberry Leaf Tea) is something I picked up from the TTC board: https://www.mamanatural.com/red-raspberry-leaf-tea/ Generally it's thought to ease conception/fertility?

I don't know how truthful this all is (and I tend to be more science based and don't really tend to use oils or all that other crunchy stuff). But I am an avid tea drinker, so figured I'd pick some up (and I DO like the flavor).

• lilsebastianlilsebastian member
    edited May 2017

@jennycolada – I remember RRL tea being recommended near the end of pregnancy to prep for/induce labor. I didn't know it was recommended for TTC, too.

I think I had one cup and was like NO THANKS because i think it is gross.

• @JennyColada I was thinking what @doglovingweirdo said. RRL tea for end of pregnancy because it can tighten your uterus and thin out your lining. I wouldn't think this would be good for TTC. There was a tea I remember being recommended because it thickens your endometrial lining, however research said RRL strengths uterus in general so IDK. I've heard Pomegranate juice is good for endometrial lining.

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @JennyColada I was thinking what @doglovingweirdo said. RRL tea for end of pregnancy because it can tighten your uterus and thin out your lining. I wouldn't think this would be good for TTC. There was a tea I remember being recommended because it thickens your endometrial lining, however research said RRL strengths uterus in general so IDK. I've heard Pomegranate juice is good for endometrial lining.

Yea, there's conflicting "evidence" on ALL of it. So I don't really put a whole lot of weight on it. I don't really care for pom juice so I'm gonna nix that one. LOL. Some of the girl on the TTGP board also say that pineapple (especially the core) is supposed to be good for right after O to help getting pregnant too. Who knows. I like pineapple thought, so that's a win!
  • @doglovingweirdo - I'm glad you mentioned that you changed your name. I was thinking I must really out of the loop, I usually recognize all the screennames lol. I'm sorry that TTC might have to be put on hold again. FX crossed that it is just a rumor.
  • @JennyColada yeah I never did much of it personally either. I did try RRL but then I got induced at 36.5 so I can't tell whether it did any good. I've also heard the pineapple core thing and I can't see myself ever doing that LOL. Mothers Milk herbal tea is supposed to help with breastmilk but didn't help me a bit. 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga