Pregnant after IF

Randoms: Week of April 24th

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears? Spill them here!

This is a good place to ask questions to a broader audience than the weekly trimester check-ins so those with experience can chime in!
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: Randoms: Week of April 24th

• So I'm going to get a pedicure today with some girlfriends. Do I need to, sadly, tell them to avoid massaging my feet? Or just tell them to do it lightly? I haven't changed anything before now but now that I'm further along I wonder if I need to.
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • @byrneme I think just let them know you are preggo and they can massage lighter. Can you call your doc before you go?

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's primarily around the ankles there are in theory trigger points so don't let them rub those areas hard, I had several pedicures and just enjoyed the leg massage ☺
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • We actually get recommended to get our feet done to relax as they carry more weight, hold more fluids etc. I even had foot reflex to relax. 
    Of course she who gave me the footreflex knows the trigger points. Those who give a pedicure are less likely to by accident trigger anything. As long as they don't use pressure and massage lightly (which here they all do) just enjoy it and relax to the max!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Jeansis Jeansis member
    edited April 2017
    Just deleting/editing my comment because it looks like this is more of a private conversation and I don't think my question really fit in here. Sorry. I'm still learning how these forums work. Didn't mean to have bad internet manners.  But I'm socially awkward in real life so this seems kind of appropriate haha   :D
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • My sister is a massage therapist and a doula, and says she'd be a millionaire several times over if massage could actually start labor.  So many women call her trying to make their babies come!  If you are already *in* the early stages of labor, massage can help things along, but it can't start the process for you.
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • Thanks, ladies! I throughly enjoyed my pedi!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @Jeansis Welcome! :)
    This really is just a random forum where you can post questions or comments as long as they don't breach rules (which are pretty minimal).
    It's useful when you have a question that your trimester group can't answer. 
    Some people know each other very well and others not at all but I hope you will find we are all friendly and supportive! :)
  • @nellin-2 ok thank you! I thought that was what this thread was for, but then got worried I misunderstood and was barging in on someone's conversation with my question, so I just deleted/edited and apologized to be safe haha. 
  • byrnemebyrneme member
    Hi @Jeansis , always feel free to post on this thread! I'm sorry, but I don't see your original question. We are all here to support each other. Sometimes it does get a bit conversational. 
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Oh no @jeansis, do post your question here!
    Or maybe wait til the new randoms get posted as a new week is started.

None of these are 'private' so jump in anywhere you feel
    like jumping in.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Thanks @byrneme and @tvh1982! :) I was just concerned about a weird pain I had a few days ago and wondering if anyone else had had similar issues since getting pregnant. It was like a tight pain across my upper back (around/below shoulder blades) and my stomach was upset as well. I have never had anything like it before. I called my doctor and she said it was probably either GERD/bad heartburn, something with my gallbladder, or a viral infection. I got bloodwork done to rule out the more serious stuff. Should hear back on that today. The pain hasn't come back, so I feel less worried about it now, but would really like to know what the heck that was and how to prevent it from ever happening again! I have been following a low-acid diet since then just to play it safe. 
  • I haven't experienced that but it sounds sensible to get it tested. You never know if symptoms are related or just a coincidence and pregnancy can bring a lot of symptoms that "seem" unrelated. 

My upper and lower back is getting sore/ tight now I've got some weight to carry around and i think I've been lucky to avoid it till now!
  •  Good luck with your results!
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    I haven't experienced it, but glad to read they are checking it out. One never know what it is, and often it's just something that belongs to being pregnant @jeansis.
    But having a doctor tell you that takes the worrying away. :)

• Thanks @nellin-2! Got results and bloodwork was all normal, but doc still thinks it could have been my gallbladder based on my description of the pain. Apparently gallbladder problems are also more common during pregnancy because of all the hormonal changes. Since the pain is gone now, the doc wants to wait and watch. If the pain comes back, then I will have to have a gallbladder u/s and surgical removal if it is my gallbladder. Not keen on the idea of having surgery while I'm pregnant, but it doesn't sound like there are any other options. 
  • Jeansis I'm glad you're blood work came back normal.  While the thought of surgery while pregnant try not to get too worried.  There are a lot of steps to get too that stage - if the pain comes back and it is your gall bladder and it's bad enough to need surgery.  
    Fingers crossed it was just a random pain that doesn't come back!
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    Happy the hear things came back ok for you @Jeansis
    - I had a period of time during the 1st and early 2nd trimester that I maybe have needed to have surgery in week 24-26 for a ovarian cyst that was acting abnormal. It's a really unsettling feeling - I know it well. But things worked out and I don't need it removed right away so FX for you that the same thing happens!! They'll avoid it if they can for you!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!