Pregnant after IF

PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - Month of May

This thread is for those who have taken their little ones home. A place to discuss the joys and struggles of being a new mom. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - Month of May

• She is so precious!!!! Love these pics. It's still hard for me to say these girls are 4 months we will all be saying a year soon I mean I feel like Christmas is right around the corner. We just need to hold on to each day because it is so prescious with these little ones. I think I may cry 
  • Loading the player...
  • @tvh1982 she is beautiful! Love the pics!

Time does fly! Everyone keeps quoting to me that the days are long,  but the years are short....I get it!

I was reading an article on sleep  times in babies  and how it is recommended most babies bedtimes should be beteeen 6-7pm....I thought about when I go back to work and how this means I may go all day without seeing her .... how have you mommas out there back at work dealt with this....I am still a little hormonal but thinking about this made me cry
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • @2legbaby I went back to work recently and the girls go to bed around 630/7 so I have no time with them except a bottle bath and book then it's off to bed. That's why weekends are so important for us to spend time together . You will be ok it was hard at first 
  • Thanks @ultratomato, weekends will be key!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @tvh1982 she is way too cute! I can't believe how quickly time is flying! 

@2legbaby going back to work is so hard but I agree with @ultratomato the weekends are when we get all of those extra cuddles!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've definitely noticed that Riley is wanting to go to bed earlier. We used to start our bedtime routine at 7, but it's getting to be that we start at 630 some nights cuz he has just had it.

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tvh1982 oh my goodness, Pia is absolutely adorable! Beautiful pictures! Can't believe she's 6 months already. Crazy how time flies. 

@2legbaby I recently went back to work and get home at 6:30 pm. My husband gets home at 8 and it's crucial for both of us that we get to spend some time with Aiden before he goes to sleep. His bedtime is anywhere between 8 and 9 pm. Sometimes earlier if he's cranky, so my husband doesn't always get to see him when he comes home. It's definitely not easy. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Hey ladies what kind of sunblock are you going to use on the LOs
  • @ultratomato Going to try california baby first, we got a bunch of their products as a gift. It's well rated too. Here's a good listing 

https://www.ewg.org/sunscreen/best-kids-sunscreens/

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Thanks @Tulips29
    another questions for moms who have LOs on solid food. Dr said we can start now putting them on one fruit or veggie per 3 days and also eliminate a bottle for that feeding. If this is what you ladies did what food did you start with and what feeding did u eliminate? Also I think I want to try oatmeal with them and get away from the rice cereal. 
    And do shots get any easier ugh
  • Thanks @Griffin5413 and @Tulips29... it is good to know I am in good company, I will look forward to our weekends together and know that I will survive
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @ultratomato We haven't eliminated any bottles yet. Even if we feed Cason a stage 2 fruit (just a bigger serving than stage 1 because he houses them) he will still cry for a bottle every 3 hours. Solids are just an added bonus for him I guess lol I just picked up sunblock for him today. I can't think of the brand but it's the one with the little girls bottom bathing suit being pulled down lol it says on there #1 by pediatricians. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    I haven't eliminated a bottle yet @ultratomato.
    We are still in the 'getting used to food stage' and Pia eats about a spoon or two (she keeps pushing out the food with her tongue, but loves eating)
    A few more months before we'll eliminate.
    I started with cauliflower, but swopped to carrots as those are a little sweeter.
    I avoid fruits as then she might not want vegetables due to fruit being very tasty and vegetables being a little less tasty.
    Due to allergy I can introduce different foods slowly. From one spoon to two and up. This a few days to then change to a different kind.
    But as Pia still trying to figure out how to eat, we are still just eating carrots.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Hey ladies, hope everyone and their LO's are doing well. I've been MIA awhile due to some anxiety and some vision changes. I'll try catching up this week. 
    @ultratomato I bought the same brand as @capps42613 Coppertone. Also good question about the solid food, good to know for future reference.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    That doesn't sound to wonderful @wishingforluck.
    How are you coping?

• @WishingforLuck Hey you! I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble. Hugs for you!

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ultratomato we are just doing solids at night but I am going to try adding them in the am too prob this weekend. We still do a bottle at this point bc Eli wants it.  We are doing a veggie at night so I may do a fruit in the am. He doesn't like the rice cereal by itself
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @WishingforLuck I'm sorry to hear you've had some anxiety issues! Hoping you are feeling back to your normal self soon! 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome @flanners1
    @Griffin5413 I think I may start doing it in the am before daycare and not get rid of the bottle just yet at that feeding because it may not be enough for them at first but I guess I will see. I think I may start with the veggies first then the fruit. I heard ur suppose to do veggies before fruit because of the sweet factor and they may not want veggies then I don't know 
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Yay! Congratulations @flanners1!!
    So happy to see you here!
    No advice on the swollen feet though.

They advice here to start with veggies for that reason @ultratomato. Carrots is an inbetweener as of it sweetness and often liked by babies :)

• @flanners1 congrats!!! Welcome
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kelrauhkelrauh member
    @flanners1 - I had really swollen feet after my c section. I could feel the fluid jiggle in my feet when i walked. They went down in about a week. Tennis shoes were the only thing I could wear and i had my feet propped 24/7 especially at night. I had high blood pressure that accompanied the swelling too which took 3 weeks to go down (at least it has seemed to be gone). 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @flanners1 congrats on the birth of Lara! So happy to see you here.  :)
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @flanners1 congratulations! 
    I had really swollen feet after my c section also. Couldn't fit into any shoes. It took about 2-3 weeks to subside and a little longer to completely go away. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• kelrauhkelrauh member
    edited May 2017
    @BlueEyedDreamer - it is so hard to imagine our preemies not being here. My scheduled c section would be this Tuesday and they will be one month old Wednesday. I am also jumping on the dairy free wagon to see if it helps my little man. He was up screaming all night and has random bouts of throwing up so I'm wondering if its a dairy thing. I figure it doesnt hurt to try and see.

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• tvh1982tvh1982 member
    It's tough breastfeeding and having your wee one not tolerate dairy.
    Pia has cows milk allergy and is bottle fed, but it took a while to find one she liked the taste of and tolerate, as these all taste different and are built different.
    Now she can have proper food and I have to be careful what I give her. It's indeed in a lot of food! Very often it is hidden too, like in bread, sausage, ... random products you wouldn't think of them putting powdered dairy!

• @tvh1982 I've been ok, I try to avoid known triggers.
    @dragonfaerie Thank you.
    @Griffin5413 Thanks.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    Hi all! We moved this weekend, and it was hard but my parents and brother were super helpful. we couldnt do without them . I am sorry, I keep trying to write this email and could not post for days. 
    @tvh1982 Pia is super cute, as always ! I love that photo from her back:) I am sorry that Pia is having fever. Is she feeling better already ?
    @ultratomato I am so clueless and unprepared for sun and the summer heat. I have to do shopping for sunblocks, hats, light clothes etc. Please feel free to tell me whatever i will need for summer!

@2legbaby Starting to work is hard but it kind of gets easier. Occasionally, i feel super sad or guilty again but i do not feel as bad as the first weeks for sure. L was always going to bed at 8 oclock, almost as an alarm clock. We moved this weekend (i do not recommend to anyone with a baby) and her schedule is completely off. She started to sleep at 9 or so, she is extremely enjoying the nights with us. But we are trying to get her sleep time back to 8pm. 

@flanners1 Congratulations on your baby girl ! My daughter`s name is Lara too :) I also had swollen feet after my epidural c-section. Drinking lots of fluid and putting your feet all the up on the wall while lying flat helps I think. It will be better soon ! 
  • @ZoeFer glad you had lots of help with your move,  but you are right that sounds like no fun (moving is never fun but with a new LO to boot!). I appreciate all you back-to-work moms' input to know what to expect! My sister and friend are both expecting (my sister due yesterday but no sign of baby! Friend due end of May) they both live in my native country of Canada and get 12months (although I think now it is up to 18months!!!). I am jealous for sure! In some ways I will be ready to go back (feel like this is the toughest job I have ever had!) but will so miss seeing her 24-7!

@BlueEyedDreamer glad your little man is doing so well despite his early arrival! 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • ale9687ale9687 member
    Hi ladies, finally going to join you over here. Ds Anthony is 7 weeks today. He was born at 36w 3D and was 5lb 7oz. He was taken into the nicu right after he was born due to straining while breathing. He was discharged from the nicu that night and we left the hospital together. Two days later he was admitted back to the nicu because he couldn't regulate his body temperature. It was a scary 92 degrees when we took him to the dr's. They were worried about an infection causing it so he had a spinal tap done at 4 days old and spent three nights in the hospital. He was negative for all viruses and has been doing well since! His first few weeks of life feel like a scary blur but we are all doing really well now and I feel like I'm less on edge and nervous about everything. 
  • @ZoeFer I got the girls a bunch of hats from kohls for summer with two girls in bound to lose one or two lol. I got ones to match their bathing suits oh and that's another thing I bought a bunch of but will probably return since I had no idea what size they will be plus I bought them a full body suit for swimming so I won't need sun block for them. Oh and I bought them that play yard thing for outside or inside to keep them in one spot. 

It ia crazy to think this time last year I was so early in my pregnancy and hadn't told anyone time flies by. Girls start solids tomorrow thinking sweet potatoes first 
  • @ale9687 I am glad to hear Anthony is well...I can't even imagine how frightening a start to motherhood that must have been...poor you and poor Anthony! I heard spinal taps are very common in any newborn who is sick, but man sounds so scary! Glad you are able to relax more (as much as a new mom can! ) and enjoy your little man! 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @ale9687 congrats and welcome. That must have been so scary to go through! 

Ladies yesterday day was one of the days where I wished we could afford a nanny or had family closer and didn't have to go to daycare. Eli has been sick pretty much since starting 5 weeks ago but now he has pink eye in both eyes and another ear infection in both ears. I knew he was going to get sick more but it just sucks!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Thanx @zoefer. She still has a fever and last night was absolutely torture as she was awake almost the whole night. She burned up quite a bit and couldn't find her sleep I guess. Luckily I have plenty of room in my bed, but man was that though.
    Right now she went down for a nap and is chatting. A good sign I guess :)

As for summer, I've got two summerhats (but buy more to have spread around in car, bags etc.
    She has some light clothing, onepieces with short and long legs. The impractical but cute summer dress. 
    If it's really warm she just wears a diaper and onesie. Oh and a bathing suits and bathing buttoms, but that's more because we go to swimming lessons. I don't mind having her buttnaked in my garden.

What a scary start you've had @ale9687.
    Glad to hear all is well with Anthony now!

Im sorry to hear about Eli @griffin5413. It's tough when they are ill, and if you then have to drop him off.
    We so should win the lotto to be able to afford being a sahm or have a wonderful nanny

• @JaneJane welcome! Congrats on the birth of your babies. Hope they can come home asap!

@ale9687 whoa! What a scary few weeks. Glad to hear Anthony is on the mend.

@Griffin5413 ugh. Eli is a trooper. It makes me sad too knowing he's been going through it. Sending superhero hugs to AZ!

Cason has been feeling the teething effects recently since his bottom two have come in. He's been a little more fussy at times, accompanied by a mild fever. All has been well otherwise.
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @JaneJane welcome! Hope you get your babies home soon!
    @capps42613 thanks! He really is a trooper. Poor Cason with the teething! 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker