When does/did baby turn seven months?

Any milestones hit?

Tell us about sleep, nighttime and naps-

Weight and length?

How are YOU feeling?

Questions or concerns?

Re: 7 Months Check In

• When does/did baby turn seven months? 
    April 29th! Sorry this is still bold, movile bump is not letting me fix it today I guess.

Any milestones hit?
    He army crawls everywhere still, eats solid foods, waves back if you wave at him, mimicks the word "Hi", still won't actually sit up on his own, but instead tries to pull himself up into a stand if there is something near him to do so.

His allergies are acting up, so sleep and naps have been pretty bad the last fee days.

Weight and length?
    Not sure, he won't have another appointment until 9 months.

How are YOU feeling?
    Pretty good overall, just a little tired from him not sleeping and cramming for my finals.

Questions or concerns?
    Why will he not just sit up?!
  • @allythekid Maybe he just thinks standing is better :).  Do you try to entice him with a toy or something?  That is what I did, well with her paci.

• Loading the player...
  • When does/did baby turn six months?  The 10th!

Any milestones hit? Not really. I feel like we haven't learned anything new in a while. She's still sitting like a champ (has been since 5 months) and rocking on hands and knees (been doing that since 6 months) and that's about it. A month ago she started sticking her tongue out if I stick mine out. I feel like we are so far away from waving or saying words.. ugh!

Still no good :/

Weight and length?
    Over 18 pounds and 27 inches

How are YOU feeling?
    I've been super emotional lately and I have no clue why! Super tired too. Sleep seemed to regress even worse than normal so I'm sure that's affecting my emotional state. 

Questions or concerns?
    Just ready for her to do something new! She's super active.. scoots everywhere! Just no crawling, talking, etc. She had started pulling on her ears. Not sure if this means she's getting an ear infection or if she's "found" them.
  • @fitlady21 Pulling the ears could also mean she's teething. That could be affecting her sleep also. 
  • @ladybug2821 I've tried getting him to focus on a toy, on his cup, anything, he just doesn't want to sit up on his bottom :/ I think his hips may be more stiff than his Pedi said, because he acts like it hurts him to sit up that way... I'm currently having to do exercises with him to loosen up his hips by pushing his knees up to his chest and rotating them out and letting his try to reach his toes to his mouth, but I don't think its doing what its supposed to so I'll just have to have his Pedi check him out again.
    @fitlady21 I'm with you on the emotional train- but like you, I'm pretty much chalking it up to lack of sleep, and also the stress of wrapping up this semester. 
    Its neat seeing how our LOs differ with their milestones :)
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    @AllyTheKid Try to sit with him between your legs and slowly back away when he is engaged with a toy ( In the tri-pod position)  Be prepared to catch him but he may just have to be shown he can do it without even realizing it

@fitlady21 i cant remember if I updated the board on this but like @Ladybug2821 said teething  can cause the ear tugging as well. LO doesn't have any teeth coming through yet but pedi said her gums were softening and teeth were shifting and ear grabbing can relieve some of that. 
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Ladybug2821 @brzvice I really hope it's all teething related! I was 7 months when I got my first tooth so hopefully she'll be the same. Although I'm nervous to nurse her when she gets a tooth haha
  • When does/did baby turn seven months? October 5

Any milestones hit? she can sit up unsupported for longer and longer each day, she waves and is starting to open and clothes her hand, she gives big wet kisses and now rolls from back to belly

Tell us about sleep, nighttime and naps- she slept thru the night until she turned 6 months old! now she wakes up in the middle of the night. sometimes from her teeth, the other night she was cold.. 

Weight and length? i forget the length but she was 17 lbs at her 6 mth appt

How are YOU feeling? exhausted.. wishing she would sleep thru the night again

Questions or concerns? my friends all keep telling me to put the baby in her own room but i'm just not ready.. her monitor doesn't work well in her room and I'd like to keep her next to me in her pack and play until she's 1
  • Kgridley27Kgridley27 member
    edited May 2017
    Saturday, 5/20

Any milestones hit?
    He's great at sitting, is getting better at grasping food and moving it to his mouth, and seems to want to be mobile (crawling) but just can't quite figure out how to make that happen.

STTN.  I noticed on vacation last week that he seems to be transitioning into a One Long Nap baby.  I'm wondering if that's normal for his age...I know sleep can be all over the place with each child but it "feels" early to me to have only one nap.  We're talking like a 3 hour nap around noon or so.

Weight and length?
    17 lbs. 10 oz., 26"

How are YOU feeling?
    Fine.  Sometimes I worry I don't worry enough, if that makes sense. Ha!

Questions or concerns?
    Still waiting to get final test results back.  It has now officially been four months since his blood was initially drawn.  I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps about it at times but hey, maybe all the waiting will be worth it.  Fingers crossed that's the case.
  • @Kgridley27 Everything I've read says at this age they "should" be taking 3 naps. Every baby is different but I would say at least 2 especially if they are 2 hours each. S sometimes takes 4 because she's only taken short naps. I'm really hoping sleep training will help this so I can get her on more of a schedule to make planning things easier. 
  • @Kgridley27 Mine typically takes 2 naps if we are home all day (car rides mess things up). The naps can vary in length but usually 30-90 minutes in the morning and a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.
  • Johnny only takes one or two naps depending on when he wakes up in the morning, so I think it really just varies from babe to babe 
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    5/15

Any milestones hit?
    2 bottom teeth came through, she can hold crawling position now and has started the butt "rocking" trying to move forward.

SSTN most of the time with the occasional wake up, 2 naps a day (ranging anywhere from 30min-1 1/2  hours) She loves to flip around and roll like crazy in her bassinet before bedtime. She has started grabbing the top of the bassinet and I'm worried she will pull herself up soon so we will be transitioning to her crib very soon. It will be challenging because she really has never done any sleeping in her crib. Just playing. it is currently used as "the home of the stuffed animals" so I will have to find a new place for those guys to live. I am so running out of places to keep all.of.the.stuff. I am also freaking about not having her right next to me at night because I am one of those moms listening to make sure shes breathing/ watching her chest through out the night. We have absolutely no room in our bedroom for a crib so we will move her into the little office space outside of our bedroom. She doesn't have a nursery because out upstairs bedrooms are in need of some TLC and the stairs are slippery  hardwood that I would never trust myself carrying her up. I have MS and even though I have been symptom free I do stumble occasionally just out of clumsiness  and  I don't want to take any chances.

Weight and length?
    Not sure- she is  pretty petite though. I have short T REX arms that unfortunately I believe she inherited due to always having to roll up her sleeves on her shirts.

How are YOU feeling?
    I'd say overall pretty darn good I know this sounds crazy but a girl at work is KU and seeing her cute bump everyday  gives me a case of baby fever. H and I are NTNP but I am BFing so my cycle has yet to return. Also, you have to DTD to make a baby and that is happening on the slim to none end of things!

Questions or concerns?
    Along those same lines my only question is when the heck AF will rear her ugly head. Its weird because I still supplement with formula due to low supply but i guess I still produce enough milk to trick my body into not having a regular cycle.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • +1 for scary baby fever, big time. 
  • @brzvice My period came back around 4 months pp and I solely BF. Everyone is different and I don't think you'll know until you get it unfortunately. I was hoping I'd be able to keep mine away for the year I plan to BF but no such luck. I am also the mom that checks for breathing. I have calmed down some though. We moved S to her room a few weeks ago and I am buying a video monitor this week. I check her before I go to bed and through out the night if she doesn't wake up when I expect her to because I still wake up. But I do enjoy having my room back and being able to watch tv and make noise. 
  • @brzvice I also haven't gotten my period back yet either (EBF). She still isn't sleeping through the night so that might be a factor for me. Some women have to wean completely to get it back and others get it back while EBF as early as 6 weeks.
  • When does/did baby turn seven months?
    May 23rd

Any milestones hit?
    Sits completely unsupported and is very balanced, pulling herself up to stand, eating solids and starting to be able to put finger foods in her mouth herself, army crawling and pulling herself around to get places

Sleep is hit or miss.  Just when I feel like we are improving, we go backwards, so just trying to keep reminding myself it will get better eventually.  She does take much better naps.  I have found that H has her on a wake, play, eat, nap schedule so I've been following that which seems to be working best.  Some nights she can put herself to sleep and might only wake up once, but then others I have to help her and she wakes up 2/3 times.  Its really just all over the place.  We are starting sleep training Friday :).

Weight and length?
    Not sure exactly.  Almost 15 lbs and probably near 26 inches

How are YOU feeling?
    I'm doing pretty good.  I just needed to realize I can't control the situation no matter how much I want to.  Letting go (well mostly) has helped.

Questions or concerns?
    S has only sat up completely on her own once.  If we sit her up, she's good.  I can even hold her legs down and she'll do a full on sit up and make it all the way up, her core is super strong.  So I'm not sure why she isn't sitting up on her own.  Not really a question or concern, but I don't think she's going to be into crawling so much.  I think she will pretty much go straight to walking.
  • Well I may have spoken too soon.  Looks like S is going to be crawling.  She has never done the rocking thing, but all of a sudden last night was able to crawl a few paces.  Then did the same thing this morning and managed to get to a stack of DVDs and pull them down.  I'm not ready for her to be into everything.  I was happy with her not crawling at all and just walking in a few months :).  Guess its time to baby proof.

• The fun begins!
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    Oh boy. I'm in trouble now. Look what S started @Ladybug2821

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ladybug2821Ladybug2821 member
    edited May 2017
    @brzvice Oh no lol. They are growing so fast!  I think I need to get something like that for S. I swear every other day there is something new I have to buy.