June 2017 Moms

Mental Health Check-in May

Please share and support mental health here. 

Re: Mental Health Check-in May

• Mport90Mport90 member
    Irrational fears of something being wrong with the baby, or whenever it doesn't move for a while freaking out.... anxiety SUCKS. 38 more days, haha oh yeah nvm then I get the "postpartum anxiety" 
  • Mport90 said:
    Irrational fears of something being wrong with the baby, or whenever it doesn't move for a while freaking out.... anxiety SUCKS. 38 more days, haha oh yeah nvm then I get the "postpartum anxiety" 
    I totally understand. I came home from work and laid on the couch for an hour to feel him move. The last few weeks have been super stressful so reassuring to feel him moving around.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have irrational fear of giving birth again. I did it before and it was fine. For some reason I am terrified. Also terrified I won't be able to love a boy the way I love my daughter. I know I will, but I'm worried I won't. So strange. Packing the hospital bags today is not helping, its feeling way to real today! 
  • @Kylieslip24 I am afraid of giving birth again too! I wasn't nervous the first time, and it was just fine, so I have no idea why either. 
  • @Kylieslip24 I am afraid of giving birth again too! I wasn't nervous the first time, and it was just fine, so I have no idea why either. 
    Me neither! And last time they told me I would hemorrhage and I did. For some reason I was totally calm and fine with that. But this easy, perfectly healthy pregnancy when they say my chances of bleeding are low, I'm terrified?? So weird. 
  • +1 for nervous about labor and delivery. I'm really not sure why, DD and I came through delivery just fine.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • I am worried about delivery too. DS did have issues but I am not worried about DD, I am worried about myself. What if something happens to me and I miss seeing them grow up? I didn't have this fear the last time but now that I have DS, I love watching him grow and I don't want to miss it or have him forget me.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• kahlan82 said:
    I am worried about delivery too. DS did have issues but I am not worried about DD, I am worried about myself. What if something happens to me and I miss seeing them grow up? I didn't have this fear the last time but now that I have DS, I love watching him grow and I don't want to miss it or have him forget me.
    This is exactly me too. With dd there was a chance I would die and I almost did. I had a detailed journal for her because I really knew I might never meet her. Now I've known her for 4 years. We're so attatched. How can I die now? I can't. I know dh would be totally lost and her world would be totally flipped. 
    Im sure we will be fine though. That's why this is so irrational. My midwives have 0 worries this time. So I should either. But for some reason I am so worried my days are numbered. 
  • This isn't quite the same, but I've been having an irrational fear that I'll die in the next few weeks (car accident, gunshot, etc.) and nobody will think to save the baby even though it has such a great ability to live outside of me. 

I've struggled off and on with depression throughout this pregnancy after getting off my medication in February 2016 before TTC. Usually my depression has no known trigger, but several things have happened in my life the past few days and I'm really worried I'm going to slide down again. My DH is very supportive and I'm trying to be proactive by keeping my mind off of bad things and keeping busy getting ready for baby. It's pretty rainy this week, but I just realized that a fitbit workweek challenge would probably be a good idea for next week to keep me active and distracted! 
  • I'm sorry you ladies are dealing with this. My anxiety is starting to start up again. I am obsessing over horrible things happening: Car accidents, work place shootings etc. when I get those violent thoughts out of my head I obsess over financial issues that could happen. It's all so terrible. 
  • neludelu said:
    I'm sorry you ladies are dealing with this. My anxiety is starting to start up again. I am obsessing over horrible things happening: Car accidents, work place shootings etc. when I get those violent thoughts out of my head I obsess over financial issues that could happen. It's all so terrible. 
    I get this all the time too. Ever since dd was born. Anxiety is no fun.