May 2017 Moms
Options

Mental Health Check in Week of 5/1

Jens_HoesJens_Hoes member
edited May 2017 in May 2017 Moms
How's everyone dealing with the last stretch of pregnancy?  Dealing with NICU stresses?  Dealing with PPD/PPA? Dealing with having a newborn?

Re: Mental Health Check in Week of 5/1

• Options
    Meh...that's how I feel today. In such a grumpy mood...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SWoodd2012 I know it's easier aid than done, but try not to have guilt or feel bad about feeding issues! I'm sorry your Saturday was rough, but I'm glad your mom noticed and stepped in-- PPD or not, there's nothing wrong with her helping out when the stress level is high. I hope this week goes better!

@BabyMC517 I hope your day gets better, and if not, your week. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Been a little overwhelmed lately and DD has been on an anti-nap kick that is driving me absolutely nuts. She won't sleep so instead she decides to be unbearably grouchy and then someone always has something to say about it which doesn't help at all, just makes me feel like I'm failing at the one thing I'm tying so hard to get right.

@SWoodd2012 I hope things get easier for you. Try not to feel guilty over feedings, things will get into a better rythm. Glad you have family to help out!

@BabyMC517 I'm grumping right there with you! Hopefully things will be lwas meh soon
  • Options
    Thanks @kns1988, @jayandaplus, and @OmegaRose3   I'm just guilty for not trying..I gave up and went the convenient route...I haven't pumped in 4 days :(  I let life "get in the way" 

@kns1988 so glad to hear that doc was supportive of a new route for you guys! sending positive thoughts. I hope it was just the stress and exhaustion. hope feedings go much better for you!

@BabyMC517  hope your "meh" and grumpy day got better! those happen from time to time, hope tomorrow is much better!

@OmegaRose3 I'm sorry to hear about the nap issues... been there! You're not failing! everyone always has to have their 2 cents but do you best to block it out. hope tomorrow goes better and that DD isn't grouchy for you. 
  • Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    @chailife34, I'm so sorry about your sink and the fact that you can't catch a break. It sounds like you're the rock in the family. Can DW take over some of the stuff that you've been taking care of? Be kind to yourself and your body. I didn't listen to the doctors and really pushed it over the weekend, and I'm so sore now... we need time to heal and rest (hard to find, I know). 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @chailife34 I'm so sorry you can't catch a break! It seems like months of hardship for you and your family. Hopefully this is the peak and it'll get easier, better, and you won't have these terrible things happening.

I understand you feel you have to keep it together for your family, and that you're the one taking care of everyone. But, that's not fair to you. You just had a baby, and you need to be the one is being helped. Do you have friends or family you can lean on? Have you talked to DW about how you're both feeling, and maybe about splitting up some of the responsibilities (i.e. your focus on Isaac, hers on Emilia, yours on feeding, hers on cleaning, etc.)?

I wish I could offer something more substantial, but just know you're never burdening our board. We're here for you!! Life is not all positivity, and especially given your situation, it would be abnormal if you weren't down and having a hard time. Just know that if it is too hard, you should ask for help-- you can always reach out. You can always vent to us here, but there's nothing wrong with needing real help, not just the emotional support. All we can provide is condolence and a good listening ear. There are resources in your community if you don't have family and friends. If you want help navigating any of that, let me know.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We want to know how you're doing, no matter what. Thinking about you!
  • Options
    @SWoodd2012 I'm so sorry to hear you've been struggling, but I'm glad you feel comfortable talking to your doctor.  Maybe reach out to your DH or family to talk in the meantime?

@OmegaRose3 Hang in there! Cranky people make me cranky, especially this late in the pregnancy.  Don't let what other's think impact you, you're doing a great job!

@kns1988 I'm glad you feel a bit relieved after talking with the doctor about the new plan.  I can't imagine how difficult life must be, just know that you're doing what's best for your child.

@chailife34 I echo what many pp have said above.  You need to make sure you feel ok before you can take care of those around you.  We are here for you, so don't feel like you are ruining our butterflies and rainbows!! It is good to know that other mothers are struggling, because true life isn't always perfect.  I know I worry that I won't be able to keep it together after birth, so its good to know I won't be alone.  Hugs!
  • Options
    @kns1988 I'm glad you have a good doctor who helped you with a new plan that feels better. I hope it works out to be better for all of you! I'm glad you're in your new home and it's coming together well. I hope things get easier day by day, but remember to be gentle to yourself. There's a lot of change (baby and otherwise) in your life right now, and that puts anyone in an emotional flux. You're doing awesome!

@0408Bear I'm glad to hear things feel like they're looking up! Hang in there!
  • Options
    @chailife34 I'm sorry things have been so rough! I second the other posts. Take some you time..even if it's just 5 minutes. Easier said than done, but it helps! Thinking of you guys with all the crazy. When were already stressed or loaded down everything seems to hit then; know you're not alone!

@0408Bear  glad you have a good outlook now! Definitely appreciate the stillness. Hope things get easier. Keep the positive going! Day by day is the way to go!

Hugs and we'll wishes to all! We've got this..baby steps :)