December 2017 Moms
Options

Sunday Ticker Change 4/30

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 
2. How are you feeling? 
3. Any appointments this week? 
4. Rants, raves, questions? 
5. GTKY: What are your favorite books of all time?

Re: Sunday Ticker Change 4/30

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 6 weeks, chocolate chip
    2. How are you feeling? The nausea that I was waiting for finally hit in the middle of this week. I haven't thrown up yet, though. I wake up every morning thinking, oh, I feel fine. Then I get up, and the nausea creeps in. Doesn't seem to matter whether I eat or not, except if I wait too long to have my next meal, the nausea gets really bad. Otherwise it's just kinda constant. Some days it gets better in the evening. I'm happy to be feeling a bit more pregnant.
    3. Any appointments this week? No, but at least it's less than 2 weeks to my first appt now. 
    4. Rants, raves, questions? I have questions, but I'll just google them for now. 
    5. GTKY: What are your favorite books of all time? Probably the Harry Potter series, the Wheel of Time series, and Atonement. 
  • Options
    7 weeks, blueberry

2. How are you feeling? 
    Alright I guess. Nausea and vomiting have picked up this week. Also some cramping and back pain.

Nope

The emotional rollercoaster and mom guilt can stop anytime now.

The Harry Potter series is one I read over and over again. I loved Gone Girl. The Uglies series is also a fun one. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @GraysonsMama ooh, yes, Gone Girl was great!
  • Options
    9 weeks, cherry! 

2. How are you feeling? 
    Holy Jesus do I feel terrible. I worked a long stretch of shifts this week and dry heaved in front of coworkers. So the news will be spread quickly. I have 2 weeks off thankfully with some PTO this week and next, and I'm so grateful. I can barely stay upright for more than a couple minutes. Headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, palpitations, all the things. 

Yes!! Tomorrow is my first appointment. Nervous, excited. Ready to have some peace of mind. 

I really hope I start to feel better in the next couple weeks. The thought of feeling like this for months or the whole pregnancy makes me want to cry.

Andromeda Strain, Jurassic Park, really anything by Michael Crichton. Looks like we all love HP! I was a big Harry Potter fan growing up, and I cannot wait to read them to my LO. The thought brings tears to my eyes. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 6 weeks, baby is the size of blueberry 
    2. How are you feeling? Tired & very mild nausea. So far I've been pretty lucky!
    3. Any appointments this week? Not until May 16 :(
    4. Rants, raves, questions?  Nope! 
    5. GTKY: What are your favorite books of all time?I'm not a huge reader but I agree with previous posters- Harry Potter was amazing & I also loved the 50 Shades Series. 
    Me: 28 | DH: 30
    BFP #1 April 12, 2017 EDD December 19, 2017
    Happily Ever After June 2014 <3<3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brittyclem good luck at your first appointment! 

Me: 28 | DH: 30
    BFP #1 April 12, 2017 EDD December 19, 2017
    Happily Ever After June 2014 <3<3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hey guys!  This is my first Sunday ticker check in :)

@camomile_june @GraysonsMama and @brittyclem I'm so sorry you guys are feeling so terrible!  Take it easy on yourselves and eat anything you can. @brittyclem Good luck at your first appointment tomorrow!  Let us know how it goes :)
    @MrsWifey89 Looks like we're the lucky ones so far without any CRAZY barfing. I'll take it!

5 weeks today - the size of an Appleseed

2. How are you feeling? 
    I feel ok. I'm finally able to sleep again - I've been taking ambien for 7 years and stopped cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant. That was a rough week to get back to normal!  The only thing that sucks so far is the bloating and the incredibly sore boobs.

Nothing until May 15th. That feels so far away right now!

No questions yet. Rant and rave is that my freaking husband won't stop telling people we're expecting and he needs to stop!  I'm happy that he's happy - I just hope nothing goes wrong. We had a good talk today about what would happen if something were to go sideways, and he understands that he needs to chill on the blabbermouthing. 

Summer Sisters, The Nightingale, The Time Traveler's Wife, She's Come Undone, and Gone Girl to name a few 
  • Options
    6 weeks! Pea I think? Idk I read somewhere 0.25 in lol.

2. How are you feeling? 
    Just fine. I have slight nausea but no vomiting or anything I can complain about.

My first appointment isn't until May 25! 

I had to find a new OB because they shut down the only L&D unit left in my county. And the closest OB to me (45 mins away) does not bring patients in for the first appointment until she is 10 weeks. I dont know maybe maybe this is normal but it seems a little odd to me.

Harry Potter and anything by Chuck Palahniuk. 
  • Options
    @speach13 I've been ob shopping too. The one I used for my last two saw me at 8 weeks with an ultrasound. One I talked to the other day doesn't see you until 12 weeks and the one I'm going to schedules first appointments at 10 weeks but no ultrasound until 20 weeks. All that to say that it varies office to office :)
  • Options
    @brittyclem GL tomorrow.
    @speach13 @breezybee @MrsWifey89 the wait for the appointment is so, so long. Why is time suddenly moving so slowly?

Also, @breezybee, how nice that YH is so excited, and how good that you were able to tell him to chill a bit ;) MH bought some props that we were planning to use for announcing to the broader friend circle, and I was like, dude, I'm 6 weeks... and he was like, yeah? We'll announce at the end of this trimester, right?  So I was like, do you even know when that is? And he was like, uhm, no.. in about 2 weeks? -- Yeah, no. This is staying secret until week 14.
  • Options
    6 weeks. A pea. 

2. How are you feeling? 
    Crampy, undercaffeinated and the opposite of constipated.  I have food aversions up the ying, too. But for the most part feeling okay. 

3. Any appointments this week?  Yes! My first appointment is Thursday. Does that seem early?  They said between 6-8 weeks and I'm just six weeks today...

Random unrelated question - is there any way that you can see your notifications on the bump as a list form?  A little line pops up right when I log in and then disappears so I always miss if someone tags me in something, etc.

i loved "The Art of Racing In The Rain" by Garth Stein, "My Sisters Keeper" by Jodi Picoult and "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks 8. Size of a raspberry

2. How are you feeling, nausea, vomiting only a few times and heartburn.

3. Any appointments this week? Blood pressure check Tuesday morning that's it. 

4. Rants/Raves/Concerns? No

5. GTKY I don't know lol. It's been awhile since I've read a good one.
  • Options
    @breezybee Gah!!! I love Summer Sisters! My mom bought it for me when I was waaay too young to be reading it. She assumed it was just your typical Judy Blume book. Nope! I've read it so many times. Maybe that will be one of my summer reads this year.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 5.5 and apple seed 
    2. How are you feeling? Fine
    3. Any appointments this week? Nope, still waiting to hear back from my midwife about my booking in appointment, called her last week and left a message but still no reply
    4. Rants, raves, questions? I've only known I've been pregnant 8 days yet it feels like months, I think this pregnancy is going to go slow
    5. GTKY: What are your favorite books of all time? God I've read so many and I love them all 
  • Options
    @LittleKick Hope you hear back from your midwife soon. Maybe call back if you don't hear anything, they could have lost the message. Also, I don't know if I'm missing anything about your situation, but it looks like you should be posting in the ticker change thread on Wednesday maybe? That is, the idea is that you post on the day your progression says 'week number + 0'. 
  • Options
     9 weeks and baby is the size of a cherry :)

2. How are you feeling?  
    Symptoms have made a reappearance this week morning sickness, fatigue, and lower back spasms

Not this week 

Daddy and I were able to find little nuggets heartbeat with our home Doppler last night and my DD keeps kissing my tummy and saying baby, I have friends with smaller babies so DD had been spending time with lots of little ones and is doing fantastic!!

5. GTKY: What are your favorite books of all time? That would have to been harry potter!!! I've read all the books at least three times and have the movies as well (think I might just watch them today)
  • Options
    I always forget to post on here with my day being Sunday since I'm usually away from my computer over the weekend!
    @speach13 I have to wait sooo long for my appointment too! She said they don't do the first one until between 8-12 weeks (!!), and they haven't even scheduled me yet until I receive the new patient paperwork and send it all back in. I guess in some ways it's good, but it's so hard to wait. Trying to relax for now, but it's hard.

5, black peppercorn

2. How are you feeling? 
    Really sore boobs and somewhat more tired, but otherwise I feel no different.

Not till the end of May/early June :o

Nothing yet.

The Outlander series, although I have not finished them all yet. Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King, Intensity by Dean Koontz, Lolita by Nabokov, She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. I love to read, so I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton. I suppose I must also confess that I've never read any of the HP books (or seen the movies)!

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • Options
    cassi4cassi4 member
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  7 weeks, blueberry 

2. How are you feeling? Tired! Sore boobs 

3. Any appointments this week? First ultrasound in Wednesday!

4. Rants, raves, questions? No more traveling for a while (we've gone to California twice since finding out I'm pregnant)

5. GTKY: What are your favorite books of all time? Harry Potter, Anne of Green Gables, Speak
  • Options
    @Cassi4 Oh, I loved Anne of Green Gables when I was a kid. Still do, I guess. Also, yay for appt this week!
  • Options
    @alysapuggles Ugh, those Outlander books will be the death of me. I'm on book 5 and I'm just losing patience. I mean, she spent like 250 pages on just one day!  What book are you on?
    I can't WAIT for the series to come back this fall!
  • Options
    @breezybee I'm on book 4, only because DH insisted I stop when we started watching the series, so I wouldn't be so far ahead and know what was about to happen before he did lol  But, I think I'm going to have to resume because it's driving me nuts not knowing what's about to happen. So far though Voyager has been my favorite, and I think that's this coming season, right? Trying to remember...

• Options
    Voyager was my favorite also - aside from the first one, of course. Yeah that's this coming season. Should be a good one!
    Also, I can't believe your husband is so nice and watches that show with you. My husband makes fun of me whenever it's on :)
  • Options
    @alysapuggles You haven't read or seen Harry Potter?!? I don't think we can be friends :(
  • Options
    @GraysonsMama I haven't either 
  • Options
    breezybee said:
    @GraysonsMama I haven't either 
    What? Holy moley. I honestly don't know why I have such a fascination with them, except that they are amazing. Super fun reads if you're ever inclined :)
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?   8wks   Raspberry
    2. How are you feeling? Sick!! I've head a nasty headcold for 2 weeks, plus the nausea and fatigue is kicking my butt!
    3. Any appointments this week? Dr appt for headcold tonight. Just don't want it to develop into anything more serious.
    4. Rants, raves, questions? Anyone else having a hard time eating veggies? The only thing I can fathom eating is buttered pasta.   Food adversion is real!
    5. GTKY: What are your favorite books of all time?  Anything by Nelson DeMille or Emily Griffin!
  • Options
    @GraysonsMama I haven't either! I'm a huge reader and I love YA, but I've intentionally avoided them so I can read them with my kids for the first time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @breezybee He always made fun of me when I raved about the books, but then he's also the one who bought me the rest of the series in the nice hardcovers, so I can't really complain! He agreed to watch the show with me because I kept telling him that I thought he might actually like parts of it, and he ended up really enjoying it.

@GraysonsMama Haha, I don't know why, but they just never caught my interest. Maybe DS will want to read them eventually, and I'll read/see it that way. I've also never seen any of the Star Wars movies and have zero interest in those!

• Options
    @alysapuggles No Star Wars?! Blasphemy!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel I know, how did I grow up in the 80s and manage to completely escape it?  lol

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  7ish weeks (I may be jumping to another day. I had my 1st ultrasound and dating was off from what I thought, even though I know when we DTD. I'm having another at the end of next week, so I'll jump ship then if the dating remains the same! I'll miss y'all, if so)
    2. How are you feeling? Terrible, unfortunately. I started throwing up last night around 8, maybe, and didn't stop til 6 am. I still feel awful. I'm wondering if I ate something bad, or if it's just terrible MS. I had MS last time, but never actually threw up. It certainly wasn't like this. Lots of gas to go with it. Ugh. 
    3. Any appointments this week? Just a pediatrician appt for DD, but if I continue feeling this bad, I will contact my OB to see if I can get a prescription to help with the nausea (or find out if it's something other than MS)
    5. GTKY: What are your favorite books of all time? Like many of you, the Harry Potter books as well as the Outlander series. I also love The Kite Runner, and The Nightingale was very good.

@breezybee Is the 5th one Fiery Cross? That one was a slog. There are better ones after. Is that the one where Brianna keeps complaining about her leaky breasts? I read them before we had kids, so maybe I'd relate better now, but I just got so annoyed with her.

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @alysapuggles Well, I'm with you on Star Wars. I did see the newest one but only because dh's work rented out a theater. It was alright. 
  • Options
    @cait5413 Oh jeez, I'm sorry you're feeling so horrible. Take it easy!
    Yeah, the 5th one is the fiery cross and it's basically Brianna complaining about her leaky boobs and not wanting to get knocked up like the entire book. If you think the others are better, I may just skip this one and read a Wikipedia synopsis or something. I'm just so stuck on this one. 
  • Options
    @breezybee yes, FC was definitely not the best. I thought part of the problem I had with it was that I read some excerpts she posted as she was writing it, and I felt like I had already read most of the good parts; then, the rest of it was Brianna whining about her boobs. The other ones do get better. I'm watching the 2nd season of the Starz show now--I think they do a really good job with it!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @cait5413 The COSTUMES that season!!!  SO GORGEOUS!!!