Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check-in Week of May 1st

edited May 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What are some of your hobbies and/or talents?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well!

Huge congratulations to @babylonghorn16 on the birth of her baby boy, 
Lawson Pate, born on April 24th! Another big congratulations to @JaneJane on the birth of her twin boys. I hope they continue to make progress in the NICU and that you can take them home with you soon! And lastly, congratulations to @flanners1 on the birth of her baby girl, Lara, born on April 28th!

This board saw the births of 4 babies in the last week! So exciting! Please share pictures with us when you get the chance, ladies!

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@teriulbricht EDD 5/1/17 with a little boy
@PNW12RN EDD 5/8/17 with a little girl
@cato99 EDD 5/8/17 with a little girl
@marissy8 EDD 5/21/17 with a little girl
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/3/17 with a little girl
@beckij34 EDD 6/13/17 with a little boy
@kdanjou EDD 6/19/17 with a little girl
@rmarble23 EDD 6/20/17 with a little girl
@mjacks16 EDD 7/8/17 with a little boy
@nellin-2 EDD 7/8/17 with a little girl
@Colleen0516 EDD 7/12/17 with boy/girl twins
@MicronesianMamma EDD 7/21/17 with a little boy
@byrneme EDD 7/25/17 with a little surprise bean
***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-in Week of May 1st

• Good morning and happy Monday ladies! I just realized that this is my 2nd to last Monday before my maternity leave. Looking forward to having a couple weeks of R&R before the baby comes!

I'm 35 weeks and 2 days today and I feel like I've got quite a few updates to include in my post today. The first is that we have officially scheduled induction for May 28th at 6pm! Meaning that Arielle will most likely be born on May 29th (Memorial Day) at 39 weeks, 2 days. I am so hoping that I go into labor naturally within the week leading up to our induction though so that I can avoid that whole process, but that is probably wishful thinking!

2 nights ago I took kind of a nasty fall. I got really tired in the evening and when I started going up the stairs I lost my balance. We installed a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs to keep the dogs from going up when we don't want them to. I had just started going up the stairs so the gate was still open. I fell right onto the corner of the gate right onto my belly. I have a really nasty 4 inch long scratch and a bruise. I had a mini panic attack and could barely breathe because I was so scared that I hurt the baby, but after a few minutes she started dancing around in there so I knew she was okay. I called my OB and she told me that signs of a problem following an injury like this would be decreased fetal movement, vaginal bleeding, and/or contractions, which could indicate an abruption. I have had none of those symptoms. The baby seems just fine and is just as active as ever. And it's been a couple days now so I think I'm good. But man, that was scary!

My last update is that we took our maternity photos yesterday evening! We met our photographer at the arboretum in downtown Raleigh. The forecast had said it would be partly cloudy/clear all day but as we were driving to the photoshoot it started pouring down rain! We began thinking of a back up plan but the rain stopped shortly after we arrived. And throughout our shoot the skies cleared and it was absolutely beautiful. The only problem, however, was the intense humidity in the air following the rain which made my Jew hair as frizzy as ever. In fact, it ended up getting so frizzy throughout the shoot that it started to look like I let it air dry instead of having it professionally styled/curled! At least our photos should look pretty realistic, haha. We got one sneak peek already and I'm excited to see the rest!

QOTW: I enjoy knitting/crocheting. Right now I'm knitting Arielle a baby blanket that I'm really hoping I get finished before she is born! I've been getting so tired in the evenings that it's hard to make as much progress as I would like.

@teriulbricht Happy due date!!! I hope your baby boy makes his appearance soon! :)

• kdanjoukdanjou member
    How scary about the fall @wifeinraleigh28 I'm glad you are ok.  I'm always worried that I'm going to slip coming out of the shower and fall on my belly.  How exciting that you have an induction date set!

AFM, I'm feeling ok.  I had a little flipout on DH yesterday because he was making a mess of something I had just organized and I lost it.  We made up after and he knows I am just upset because I can't do a lot of the things I want to do right now.  I just get too tired.  He promised to help me more which was nice.
    QOTW: My biggest 'hobby' is reading I guess.  I am a major bookworm.  Good thing I work at a library!  I also do scrapbooking, crafting hairbows and clips for DD, and other random crafty stuff.  I guess that is a talent.

MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow. Time is flying by!!! I got a mani & pedi on saturday for my baby shower which is this coming saturday. They are light blue with blue glitter on top. They match the dress I want to wear perfectly, lol. My official last day of work is May 31st. I talked it over with my mom and made my decision. With my health issues they won't let me go past 39 weeks and I'd like a few days off to myself before Ezra gets here. I told my bosses this morning. I told them to use me wisely for the next couple of weeks, lol. I can't believe I'm getting closer and closer.....aaaaahhhhh!!!!!! My feet and legs are horribly swollen today. My one boss checked my bp and it was normal. My hobbies I guess are working and vegging out on the couch for the time being. 
  • @wifeinraleigh28 so sorry to hear about your fall, I'm sure you were so scared. Happy to hear that baby girl is bopping around in there! We have so much padding around them, she probably felt like she went on a little ride, but didn't feel a thing physically. 

@beckitj34 yay for your shower!!! It's so fun getting all your gifts and then organizing them all; makes it so real! 

AFM, I'm at the doctor now. Let's see what he says today! 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Hi all, 
    I'm 30 weeks this week! 3/4 of the way to full term  (not that I expect to make it to 40 weeks with my cervix). Six weeks of work left and only 3 full weeks! I'm taking Wednesday of for the last couple of weeks. I've got a lot to do at work to organise a smooth handover but also aware that a preterm labour could ruin those plans!
    I'm still having weekly CTG scans to check her arrhythmia but personally I think out was a little better last week so I'll see on Friday if that's a trend (it was just a midwife doing the scan so she didn't know and I haven't heard from the doctors). 

Qotw I'm not sure I'd call it a talent but I am knitting a VERY basic baby blanket but I've got a lot to finish and I'm very slow! 
    Normally I'd say cycling but pregnancy has ruined that- my saddle was uncomfortable from very early on :(

• Lurking***
    @wifeinraleigh28 I'm so glad you and DD are OK, falling down the stairs is so scary.
    @Colleen0516 fx for you today!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• I am 29+5 days pregnant with b/g twins! Had an NST today at doctors appt- no contractions! He did a fetal fibronectrin test on me to predict pre-term labor. That made things VERY real for me. Basically if the test comes back negtive, I can rest easy and the odds of going into labor a less. But if it comes back positive, then I have a High chance of delivering within the next two weeks; talk about anxiety lol 
    I go back for a sonogram on Friday to check my cervix length And another OB appointment in 2 weeks. I am allowed to finish out the week at work as long as I sit all day, and then starting on Monday I am officially on modified bed rest at home, no work. 
    Things just got really real!! 

Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• i am 33 weeks tomorrow with baby girl who is still nameless.  we have a busy week this week with birth class all day saturday and then my shower on sunday.  i finally called HR about my leave so next step is calling STD to get that paperwork together and i think im good.  at my appointment last wednesday i discussed with my OB about needing to induce me due to GD and HTN and the fact that she is growing ahead and she told me as long as everything is under control with GD and HTN there is no need to go any earlier than 39 weeks but she did say she will only let me get to 40w+1.  now i would rather not be induced but happy to know that this wont be like an never ending wait wondering when will she come.  

QOTW: i am a pinterest crafter, nothing complicated and i generally dont do more than a couple of an item before i am bored or give up.  I did make wreathes out of clothes pins which would be my favorite craft. I have made a flag style one and a couple others but this one is the first one I made and it fits my door perfectly...

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • PNW12RNPNW12RN member
    I am 38+5 today and still plugging along.  Juuuuuust about done with the nursery--I've only got to finish up my string art continents (I have Asia and Europe to add the string to) and get those up on the wall and that's it.  I'm pretty sure we have everything we need for baby girl, and I remind myself that I have Amazon Prime and can get pretty much anything in a day or two, plus Prime Now if I need something in an hour.  No worries if I've forgotten anything.

I'm trying to get my shower thank you notes together and pre-address baby announcement so I have an easier time later on.  Emily Post says I have until baby is 2 months old, so I've still got a bit of time...

I still haven't completed my hospital bag, but it is mostly together.  I need to figure out shirts to bring that don't look crappy.  I mostly wear comfy unattractive sleep shirts at home and have very little in the way of actual maternity clothes--I am an RN and just wear scrubs (basically pajamas) at work, so I only needed to get clothes for those days on the weekends when we go out somewhere.  Which means I have some nicer tops but nothing that really fits the 'sitting in a hospital bed/room' shirt.  I need something in the middle or I'll look all bummy in any pictures I'm in while in the hospital.  Really though, if that is my big dilemma I feel I'm doing OK!

Only 6 1/2 days left to go (!!).  I'm working through Friday, then have another 8 hour relationship/communication/new parent class on Saturday, grand plans for an at-home DIY spa day Sunday, followed by a movie and dinner at a fancy restaurant with my husband, then off to the hospital Monday with baby arrival scheduled for 1230.  It all feels surreal.

QOTW:  I love doing nature/landscape/travel photography and general craftiness.  I come from a very creative and crafty family and really enjoy scrapbooking and general creative endeavors.  I have lots of craftiness in our nursery that helps tie the room together, while still looking homey and not 'showroom'.  I also love taking macro pictures of flowers (but don't like actual/fresh flowers in my home).  I did maternity pics when my sister was pregnant and they were gorgeous, and I do yearly family pictures for all my siblings and their kids when we get together, but I mostly like taking non-people pictures.  I'm hoping baby girl is a willing subject for me!  I've done a few baby shoots for my nieces and am hoping to captures some gorgeous shots of my own little one.  But, I've also booked a pro for pictures at 10 days, because I know I'm just an amateur and may not be able to capture the things I am hoping to.
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • edited May 2017
    Thank you @kdanjou, @Colleen0516, and @wabash15! It was definitely a scary fall, and the scratch/bruise looks worse and worse each day but I know that's just how my bruises always are. Baby girl is as active as ever. I have another NST + OB appt, and an ultrasound on Thursday so that will be nice and reassuring. I'm also getting that Strep B test on Thursday which I'm not looking forward to but I know it's necessary!

@Colleen0516 When will you get your results? Thinking of you and hoping for a negative!

@rmarble23 Nice job with that clothes pin wreath! It looks so pretty!

@PNW12RN Wow, 6 1/2 days left... that's so soon! Excited for some more baby announcements in our group :)

• cato99cato99 member
    Hey all, I'm 39 weeks and amazed to see my name so high up on the list! 

Luckily I'm doing well physically with little to no signs of labor. Sure, carrying around an estimated 7.5 lb baby in my abdomen these days is not exactly comfortable, but I'm not plagued by contractions and my 3rd trimester nausea seems to have passed. Baby's doing great on NSTs--she's always been super active and now that she's running out of room her velociraptor thrashing can get really annoying and uncomfortable, but in such a cute way I have to forgive her ;) 

Mentally though I'm pretty anxious, primarily because I can't disentangle myself from work even though I'm technically on leave. I have so many lingering projects I'm working on "under the table" and I feel like I can't dedicate myself to baby stuff and nesting until most of it is off my plate. So I'm doubly anxious about my work to-do list, and with the idea that this baby will be born into a junk room of a nursery. We have everything she absolutely NEEDS if she were born right now, it's just that nothing is organized or NICE yet. I'm hoping to reach a work pause in the next day or three and then go into ROBOT NESTING MODE. Those birch and owl nursery wall decals aren't going to apply themselves! 

QOTW: I love doing fancypants cooking and entertaining! I threw my last elaborate dinner party before baby, with the crystal and china and flower arrangements and multiple food courses and wine pairings (only a few sips for me), this past Saturday and the work nearly wrecked me lol; idk why I was shocked that my energy levels at 9 months pregnant may be a wee bit off. I hope to teach my kids lots of cooking--both for health and nutritional value but also for beauty and pleasure! 
  • Congratulations to @babylonghorn16, @flanners1 and @JaneJane on their babies!!

@wifeinraleigh28 Glad to hear everything seems to be well with baby after the fall. 

@PNW12RN You are so close, must be exciting!!

@Colleen0516 Hoping for a negative result for you and those babies will keep cooking for a bit longer!

I'm 30w3d and chugging along.  I had an OB appointment last week and little boy is doing well, although head up at the moment, so hopefully he will turn before my next appointment at 32 weeks. I also did my glucose test and the results came back, negative, yay! I was going to mention the feet swelling again, but they were hardly swollen last week. Of course they are back to being puffy this week. I'm trying to rack my brain on what I did differently! My blood pressure is fine, so I think this is my one annoying symptom. I also had my DH call two pediatricians, so we can meet with them and pick one before baby. It will be one of the last big to-do items. 

QOTW: I love all crafty things! I love to take photos and I make yearly photo books and ones for any big vacations. It's so nice having them off of the phone/computer and more tangible. I am also learning calligraphy at the moment and I have done scrapbooking and oil painting in the past. 

• I thankfully passed my 3 hour glucose test! Woo hoo!!
    But I am still waiting to hear from the doctor in regards to the FFN test. Trying to resist calling them, since they said it could take a day or two. I figure I will call tomorrow if I don't hear from them sooner. It's very weird to know that my little ones COULD be making an appearance much for aster than B I expected. I'm praying for it a negative! We need more time; the babies need to grow more, and this mama needs more time to wrap my head around this all. But, we shall see (that seems to be my phrase lately!) 

@cato99 I know what you mean with not being able to detangle from work, but once that baby is here, you will seperate from work easily. 
    I think the thought of leaving is more stressful than actually leaving. 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• edited May 2017
    @wifeinraleigh28 so glad baby girl is ok and dancing around after your scary fall. Our bodies are definitely built to protect our babes. My mom fell off a ladder when she was 8 months pregnant with me and we were both ok  :)

@kdanjou Glad that DH offered to help out more, it's definitely tough not having the energy to do all the things we want to do not matter how hard we try. 

@beckij34  the color of your nails sound super cute. I hope you have a wonderful shower!

@Colleen0516 FX'd for negative results and so glad you passed the 3 hr glucose test!!

@rmarble23 sunflower clothes pin wreath is super cute!

@nellin-2 I hear you on the cycling. Even with my little seat pad there's no way I could sit on a bike right now

@PNW12RN I admire your ability to get through so much in one week at 39 weeks and right before baby comes! Working all week and then an 8 hour Sat class, plus all your TY cards & announcements - I wish I had that energy even now at 28 weeks, LOL. The diy spa day and dinner & movie w/hubby sounds like such a nice way to spend your time together before baby girl arrives.

@cato99 Sorry to hear your still so wrapped up in work, hope you get some time to nest VERY soon    

@mjacks16 Congrats on negative glucose test results!

AFM, 28w4d today and don't have much of an update. I've been getting a few sharp pains around pelvic area the last few days but they never last long. Nights have been pretty rough with the amount of times I have to get up to pee. Since my mom & sister don't live super close, I'm going to check out the art studio we booked for my baby shower to confirm how many tables and decorations will be needed. I'm excited to see it, I've only seen pics online. We interview our first, and hopefully last, pediatrician tomorrow. I'm also excited b/c my work has scheduled a company scavenger hunt in Hollywood this Friday, and even though my feet will prob hate me, I love these types of activities. Hopefully as team captain, my pregnancy brain doesn't lead us astray. Yesterday, after 4 years of walking into the same bank and providing my short 6 digit account number, I completely spaced when asked for it. I actually had to call customer service to get it. The struggle is REAL! 

QOTW: I love scrapbooking, crafting, spending time with my SO and 3 furbabies, and reading. One of my favorite things to do during the summer is read on the beach, preferably the dog beach :smiley:
  • Test came back positive :tired_face: still in disbelief. Good thing is, we know. So now we can hopefully prevent preterm labor. We actually have a better chance at preventing it because we know. So I'm choosing to look at this as a positive! I go in tomorrow to teAt my cervix and possible receive a steroid shot. Day by day! 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @teriulbricht Wow congratulations! Great to hear you are all safe and back at home already! Looking forward to a pic of Arlo! :) 
  • @Colleen0516 Glad to hear you passed the 3 hour glucose test and while I'm sorry the ffn test came back positive or sounds like that at least means you can make a plan of attack from here. 

I have my weekly CTG on Friday to check baby's heart.
    This week has been tough, walking is getting really hard. I don't know how much discomfort while walking is normal and what's concerning. 

• Congrats @teriulbricht! Your little man knows how to show up on time lol! I think he is the first non scheduled delivery to arrive on his due date! Welcome to the world Arlo!

@Colleen0516 I am so sorry to hear of the positive test-your attitude is a good one! accepting that this information, while I can imagine so very stressful, helps your doctors can take steps to keep those babies safe! Praying those LOs stay put for a few more weeks! 

@wifeinraleigh sorry to hear of your fall, but glad baby girl seems unaffected! I had a dog jump on me full force with two front paws when I was still pregnant and everything I read said that they have lots and lots of cushioning in there to keep them safe!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • kdanjoukdanjou member
    @teriulbricht Congrats on your new little one!
    @Colleen0516 Good luck with your bedrest and hope those little ones stay in for a while longer!
    MC Sept 2010
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Lurking***
    @Colleen0516 I'm sorry the indicator for preterm labor came back positive. You've made it to 30 weeks which is great! Fx that they are able to keep you from going into labor too soon. Hugs.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @Colleen0516 sorry to hear your results came back positive but at least like you said, now that you know, you have a better chance at preventing pre term labor. Hopefully the bed rest does the trick and your little ones stay put a while longer!!

@teriulbricht Right on his due date - that's amazing! Congrats on your baby boy!!!
  • @Colleen0516 I'm so sorry about the positive result! Your babies will be just fine though, I know it. And your attitude is amazing. I hope the treatments turn out well and that you can keep those babies cooking a bit longer. Congrats on passing the glucose test! Maybe treat yourself to some cake? :wink:

@teriulbricht Yay, welcome to the world Arlo! What a prompt little guy! I was also prompt and born right on my due date so he and I have this in common, haha. I look forward to hearing more updates from you soon, and maybe a pic of sweet Arlo? Love his name!

Y'all have made me feel so much better about my fall, thank you for the support! I love this community.

• Colleen0516Colleen0516 member
    edited May 2017
    @teriulbricht welcome to the world, Arlo! He's  already a man tha sticks to his word, arriving on the date he is expected! Cant wait to see pictures of him :smile: hope you both are doing great! 

Thank you everyone for the support. It's been a  crazy few days but nothing really surprises me anymore. My appointment today went well! I am still a 1.9 so atleast I didnt decrease more. I re test in a week (or sooner if I start having contractions, lose my mucus plus or feel intense pressure). He told me bed rest isnt a cure but should help! Our goal is 34 weeks.
    if I drop below a 1.5, I will receive the steroid shot for the babies lungs- until then, we wait! 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @teriulbricht congrats on the arrival of baby Arlo! What a lovely name. Can't believe he came on time! Enjoy the cuddles and bliss. 

@Colleen0516 hope the bedrest helps. In my case my cervix grew by 1cm during 2 weeks bedrest so hopefully it will also help in your case. 34 weeks is not long now! Hang in there. 

@wifeinraleigh28  that fall sounds very scary. I was worried just reading about it. Glad all is ok and Arielle continues to thrive. Also hoping your contractions kick in before induction date! 

Thank you everyone for your lovely wishes! It's been a crazy few days with little sleep or rest, but we are so in love. This whole experience is just overwhelmingly beautiful. You all have so much to look forward to xx
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• kelrauhkelrauh member
    edited May 2017
    @Colleen0516 - i am sorry to hear about your test. If it makes you feel any better I asked my doctor to do that test and she refused to do it. She said 90% of the time it comes back positive and it doesnt mean anything. Stick to your bed rest and you should be okay,  I held my twins in for 11 weeks with no measurable cervix. Its scary and not ideal but you are in a good position, especially since there wasn't change. Let me know if you need advice or anyone to talk to, i will be thinking of you.   

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• We had our growth scan this morning at 35 weeks, 5 days! Little girl was measuring almost a week ahead at 36 weeks, 4 days, and weighing in at approximately 6 lbs 9 oz! That's heavier than one of my nephews was when he was born PAST his due date, so this little girl is going to be big. They are anticipating that she'll be close to 8 lbs when she's born in a little over 3 weeks. Not too much longer to go now!

My cervix is a steel door. I know this predicts nothing though, and only means I'm not currently in labor. Still hoping to go into labor before induction, but not too much before!

Here's a pic of the right side of her face, the best we were able to get because she was squirming so much!

• byrnemebyrneme member
    Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be joining this board. I'm 28w2d with 1 surprise bean due 7/25/17. I found out at my last appointment that, since I'm of AMA, I will NOT be going past my due date. Who knew? I've been feeling really good and Baby B is very active which makes me happy. However, I don't get kicks that are hard enough to feel from the outside (most of the time) so I think my DH is a little bummed. I have my glucose test and rhogam shot tomorrow. I've rescheduled twice this week due to being sick. I've been battling a nasty upper respiratory thing for the better part of 2 weeks. I thought it went away b/c I was good to go for 4 days and then *bam* my fever came back on Sunday. Luckily they gave me some amoxicillin so i feel I'm on the road to recovery! On the bright side I won't be able to taste the drink tomorrow! I had my second shower with friends from high school/college this past weekend and it's weird to see everything trickle off the registry! Exciting but weird.

I feel like it was just yesterday that I was hesitant to join the 1st Tri board. You ladies have been BUSY this week - congratulations to all the babies being born, that is SO exciting.

@Colleen0516 - argh, I'm so so sorry to read that entire story. How frustrating, I hope the twins stay put!

QOTW- hmmm. I'm not sure. I love to be outdoors and am THRILLED that the weather is turning. I'm sad to not be able to bike this season but I'm looking forward to getting outside and doing other things. I'm anxious to test out the 'you've never golfed better because you balance well' theory of being pregnant. 
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Welcome to 3rd trimester @byrneme! I added you to the check-in. I hope your illness goes completely away soon! It is no fun being sick, especially when pregnant.

• @byrneme welcome to 3rd trimester!! 

@kelrauh you're my inspiration! I always think of your story and how amazing you did! I hope to do the same! 

@flanners1 I hope mine grows too!!! That wouldn't be great 

@wifeinraleigh28 ahhh I love 3D sonos!! :heart:
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• ARB425ARB425 member
    *lurking*
    @wifeinraleigh28 I've heard of so many people getting estimated weights from ultrasounds anabolic they were quite a few pounds off! It's only an estimation. I've been reading several studies lately that talk about consumption of dates in the last 4 weeks of pregnancy to help things along and reduce the need for induction. I actually asked my OB about that and red raspberry leaf tea yesterday and he said "well it sure won't hurt and the dates will keep your regular" . I figured I would throw that out there!

@colleen0516 thinking and sending positive thoughts to you and the babies!
  • @ARB425 I know it's just a guesstimate and can be wrong. But I'm choosing to believe she's a healthy, strong weight! I'm also planning to pull out all the stops when it gets closer to try to kickstart labor! REALLY not looking forward to the induction process but I can only do so much.

• ::lurking::

@Colleen0516 I had that test done during one of my early hospital visits due to contractions, and like @kelrauh they warned me that it has a very high rate of false positives. They mainly only put stock in the results if it's negative - that is what they told me. So hopefully your LOs will stay put a bit longer! Take care of yourself in the meantime. :) 
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @BlueEyedDreamer and @kelrauh
    My doctor said the same thing. He told me that I shouldnt fear going into labor too soon, but know it is a possibitly and we want to obviously take that possibility off the table if we can. While he said bed rest isn't a gaurentee cure either, it could help elevate pressure on my cervix and hopefully prevent it from shortening and/or opening. 
    I feel like my little man's kicks is what's going to cause my cervix to bottom out; they are so strong and I swear he aims for that spot lol :lol: I seriously sometimes think his foot may fall out. 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• kelrauhkelrauh member
    @Colleen0516 - you will feel a difference on bed rest. If I did too much I would get contractions and feel pressure. If baby boy is baby A and breech that's probably a good thing (even though the kicks hurt like no other). They think the only reason I went so long because Cecilia was breech and it took pressure off my cervix. Once she turned head down at 31 weeks I felt A lot more pressure and had them at 33 weeks (but I had no cervix with her sac in my cervix).

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Yea, he is A and she is B. 
    He has remained breech, he refuses to turn. She has flipped a few times now but is currently head down. She is also hogging ALL the room in there. She goes transverse at times and poor little man has no space. I feel him pressed all the way to my right side, and he is completely stretched out- he kicks my cervix and punches my rib cage. 
    Its painful at times but I'm not ready for it to be over. Even at 40 weeks, I won't be ready. I want to meet them so bad, but I LOVE having them with me all the time. I love being pregnant. 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• **LURKING**

Colleen0516 - definitely put your feet up and enjoy the bed rest. I hoe that it helps even though I was told the same thing - that it does not. Nevertheless after all thats gone on you deserve the rest. My little ones appeared at 32 weeks (our goal was also 34 weeks). I didn't have your issue but I did receive the steroid injections for their lungs. My husband and I think that one of the twins got all the steroid b/c even though he's the smaller twin he's had no issues w/ breathing while the other twin had to be incubated. Binge watch your favorite shows on Netflix, read a book, etc., basically de-stress and keep those little ones baking for as long as possible.
  • @janejane you had no signs of pre-term labor? No cervical issues, or anything? At times I wish it would go that way, because it's less worry. If it just happens, you're forced to deal with it in the moment. BUT at the same time, im also preparing for what can come. I know the road ahead of me, and I'm getting ready for it.
     If u just went into labor at 32 weeks, you must have been so scared and caught off guard. I can't imagine that. 

You know, I never thought about one twin getting more of the dose than the other? I wonder if they give double the amount that they would for 1 baby? Hmm. Obviously we have no control over any of that- but it is very interesting.
    How is your son who was incubated doing now??? 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• kdanjoukdanjou member
    congrats! @teriulbricht
    MC Sept 2010
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz