Hey Fit Mama's!!

1: How many weeks postpartum
?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was last week?

4: share a Non-scale victory
?

5: How are/have you treated your self this week?
?

6: 
Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

7: GTKY: we don't talk about our LOs much here--share your favorite memory about them from the past week 

Re: Fit Mama Check-In : MAY

• kjd291kjd291 member
    I changed Q4 to "none scale victory" to keep it short and sweet - so you can share the things you ramp back up from preggo modifications, fitness records you hit, fitting into something new, etc. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi Mamas! I can't believe it's MAY!!!! 

1. 4.5 weeks
    2. Goals: cut out 100% sugar, 80% of dairy and carbs. I am holding onto 18lbs still and I know I'm still not even cleared to work out but want to really improve my diet until I can. Once I start running I'll add more carbs back in. And stay hydrated! And walk. 
    3. Last week was better. Got out for a few walks, even a few miles but then had a lot of bleeding so maybe I overdid it. 
    4. I lifted Oscar in his car seat in and out of the car! My car is big so my back seat is high. So far I hadn't been able to lift at that height without feeling like my incision would burst open. 
    5. It was a treat last night to go to In laws house for dinner. So nice to have someone else cook! And I had a giant glass of wine. ;)
    6. Kind of frustrated that my incision still hurts. And recovery is so slow. I have my 6 week PP next Thursday.
    7. Oscar is smiling!! We lay on the bed after his tummy time and when I put my face very close to his and talk to him he lights up, makes his happy noises, and smiles! His smile is identical to DH- I am so in love!!!!!!  He also smiles when I use the tiny hairbrush on him after his bath, ha! I think he likes how it feels on his head. 

• 1: How many weeks postpartum? 3.5

? Eat better, drink more water, get some walking/activity in each day.

3: How was last week? This past week was great overall...I ate more not-healthy food than healthy food though, but I was able to get a few bits of activity in & walked a fair amount each day. I found this 20 minute postnatal cardio workout that I did Thursday, Friday, & Sunday as LO napped in the afternoons. (Planning to do it again today if he ever falls asleep - it's been constant feeding/crying/changing today with no morning naps, I'm typing one finger at a time with my left hand as he's nursing/I'm holding him with my right...thinking he's going through a growth spurt perhaps?)
    It's short & easy so I feel comfortable doing it before I'm technically cleared for exercise. I realized I need to be doing some level of physical activity to keep mentally & emotionally in check, otherwise I'm just not a happy person and that's not good for any of us. Saturday I cleaned most of the house so that was my activity for that day...is it strange that I absolutely love to clean?

? Well, it's not fitness related but I took LO out this morning to our third breastfeeding support meeting...we almost didn't go b/c he had a huge poopsplosion right before as I finished feeding him - got poop evvvvverywhere ugh somehow I got us both washed up & cleaned as much of the chair as I could before we left & we were only 7 minutes late so that's my victory for the day haha

? Friday night we had a date night & went out to dinner! My parents came over & babysat for us (which they were THRILLED about!) and it felt so nice to go out and spend time with DH & feel like a couple again. The last few weeks have been kinda rough on our marriage - I didn't realize before how much things would change with our relationship after LO Was born so I'm trying to make more of an effort to maintain a healthy loving marriage like we had before baby. It has definitely gotten better since LO has been sttn more though - he's been sleeping in 5-6 hour stretches already at night!

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I registered for a 5k event that takes place when I'll be 6 weeks & 3 days pp, so my doctor better give me the official "all clear" at my appt haha ;) I'm super excited about it...the event has both a 10 mile race and a 5k so I'm hoping to do the 10 miler next year. Can.not.wait to start running again!!!!

7: GTKY: we don't talk about our LOs much here--share your favorite memory about them from the past week Probably the rare moments when he's been sleepy & snuggly laying on top of me looking all content & peaceful as he falls asleep. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kjd291 happy 2 months Natalie!!! How much does she weigh now? Oscar is 1 month already 11.5 lbs. He is a HUGE eater. Eating way above what is "normal" formula-wise. But I guess if I was BF he'd just eat til he was full and I wouldn't be counting the ounces like I do on his bottles and I wouldn't be worried about it. Awesome that you are getting workouts in and running!! I don't think it's vain at all to be wanting your pre-preggo body back. Especially as people who work hard to stay fit and in shape - it's super hard not to look at ourselves and not wish for the skinny to come back! I keep telling myself the same thing- big baby = more lbs on me but I look at my stomach now and am totally grossed out. I had crossfit abs! I worked out my entire pregnancy!! I expected to bounce back quicker. Now my stomach is the only thing bouncing around, haha. And my muffin top. And my thighs. SIGHHHH. 

@serenity13 great job on the post natal cardio workout! AND for dealing with the poopslposion like a pro! Haha! It's great that you and DH got out for a night! It seems like sleep is the recipe for DH and I to get along well. If both we and Oscar are rested - we have a great day. It is definitely a life changer for your marriage. I hope you can run the 10miler next year! I'm sure you'll have no problem getting there. Do you ever do workouts when running? Once I started doing those I was able to add more miles so easily. All it takes is at least 1 day of running/week where you do speed intervals (road or track), or something like hill repeats (1mi warm up, [20sec-30sec-45 sec drills, repeat 4x] where you bomb up a moderate hill, then cool down 1mi or so). I have a bazillion workouts like those if anyone ever wants some sample running workouts! 

Oscar is napping so wonderfully right now (rare) so I am taking advantage - making a healthy egg breakfast casserole and catching up here! 
  • @jenny0228 glad you're able to get a break! 11.5 lb oh my goodness!!! Chase weighed exactly 10 lb yesterday at the breastfeeding meeting...there were 2 other babies there, one was 4 weeks older than him but the same weight haha...makes me wonder since most of us had large little ones what do you ladies think of the theory that "fit mamas make bigger than average babies" haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited May 2017
    ugh the bump cut my post in half

Jenny YES send all the tips & running workout samples, I'm definitely interested in them! The farthest I've ever gone has been 10k so doing 10 mi will be a challenge for me, but I'd also like to do a half marathon sometime in the next year or two if I can....I don't think a full one is something I'd ever be able to do but a half should be attainable for me in the future hopefully!
    And speaking of the body image battles, I was blissfully unaware up until about a week ago since my belly protruded so much & covered them, but I DID get stretch marks all around/under my belly button :( so now I have those in addition to all the new tummy freckles and my linea nigra haha oh well...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    I'd love to get some running workouts! my little street I run is a hill, so it's perfect for it. 

Wish i I had all the time in the world to respond to your check-ins and chat. miss wasting time on here!

natalie is somewhere over 16lbs+ She hasn't been to the doctor to be weighed in a while so idk exactly. Haha.  had to move her to 9mo clothes already! Haven't even had time to try a bottle yet-so EBF-no clue how much she eats, but its every two hours round the clock! Looking forward to hitting 5-6mo and introducing some solids to give my body a break! 
  • Can I join you ladies?!  I had a lot of pelvic rest during my pregnancy so I wasn't as active as I had hoped to me.  Just here and there rides on my Peloton spin bike we got because DH & the RE discouraged me from continuing CrossFit during my pregnancy because of my history.

1. How many weeks PP? 6w 3d

2. Goals for this week?  Walk at least 3 days, try to get at least 1 ride on the Peloton,  hydrate better, & eat more frequently.

3. How was last week?  I am just getting back in the mindset.  I had my 6w PP visit today. I am cleared for real exercise!  OB just said nothing high impact or heavy weights for 2 more weeks and ease back in & listen to my body.

4. I can fit in my pre pregnancy leggings,  jeggings and tops.  Anything less stretchy is too muffin top-ish but I am pleased that I have some things I can fit in & not feel like a heiffer.

5.  I am still eating a fair amount of cheats.  I need to stop.  I have some brownie for pre breakfast because I was starving and DD was fussing horribly to get on the boob.

6. R/R/Q:  I really hope I can better understand DD's daytime schedule so I can get her to nap such that I can get some meaningful exercise.  She is still doing a lot of daytime naps on me & isn't at the point yet where she can be entertained/distracted enough in the bouncy seat for me to get much me/free time.

7.  GTKY:  I am loving the increasing number of smiles.  Also,  she looked so pleased during one of her first full on tub baths.  It was the first time I could really tell she was enjoying something!  Sooo adorable.

I can't believe you ladies and your big babes!  Sloane is probably just now over 8lbs if her gain has remained consistently on the 0.8-1oz a day gain she has had since discharge from the hospital.  She was only 5lbs 14oz at birth and lost 10oz in the hospital waiting for my milk to come in & 7lbs 3oz at her one month visit 2 weeks ago.  Smaller than all of yours at birth!  She is such a peanut!

Bless you all with your running.  I HATE it.  I'd rather do anything else. 
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• 1: How many weeks postpartum?
    11 weeks 2 days

?
    tuesday and Saturday kick boxing class, Thursday ropes workout and weights. Already went to kickboxing tonight. 

3: How was last week?
    i did kickboxing Tuesday and Saturday but did not work out Thursday as planned because we had something else going on that i forgot about. I should have worked out by myself earlier but didn't. My eating is better but still a work in progress. 

?
    i made all healthy dinners last week yay and worked out twice. Not a bad start!

?
    i got my hair done today

6: 
    i go back to work next Friday... I was lucky I got a little over 12 weeks off but it went so fast and I am not ready to go back. Also stressed as we are doing 2 parties on Saturday for DS1s 6th birthday - one for friends at Chuck E. Cheese and another at our house for family after that. Talk about time going by fast - can't believe he is 6 already

7: GTKY: we don't talk about our LOs much here--share your favorite memory about them from the past week 
    tyler is smiling and cooing all the time now - especially in his swing. He just sits there swinging and smiles and coos to himself.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    So... Natalie actually weights 18lbs :astonished: hahah
  • @kjd291 dear goodness! just wearing her throughout the day is enough of a great workout!! and totally agree we should all do a group run someday!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited May 2017
    @kjd291 dear goodness! just wearing her throughout the day is enough of a great workout!! and totally agree we should all do a group run someday!!
    Yes! No wonder my back and arms are tired. Hah. 

Where are you located again? PA, right?  @jenny0228 and I are close enough we could all do an east coast get together. Just need to convince @npaulie to fly in from abroad ;)
  • @kjd291 @serenity13 love the group run idea! Maybe there is a fun 10k located somewhere that we could look forward to at some point and run together? I'll put some of those running workouts together and PM you both a google drive link (anyone else let me know if you'd be interested). Just need to cut and paste them from my old training plans. I worked with a running coach at one point so they are legit, programmed by a professional! ;) And they are easily scaleable up and down.

Wow 18lbs! Yes I'd say you're definitely getting a workout in carrying her around! I feel like my left arm is getting toned just from carrying Oscar around. Need to get him more used to the k'tan. Figured out how to get him in, but need to figure out a good time when he will just fall asleep and not fight it. He's like a wild animal sometimes.

@MrsBinPA do you think you'll go back to crossfit? I'm not sure when/if I'll return because I had a c-section. 

@korpisar great job on the kickboxing! Sorry your return to work is coming up. Good for you going in for your first day on a Friday. Do you work weekends? Hopefully you are only going one day then taking the weekend before starting a full week back. 

Guys I just went for a 4mi walk. Longest I've walked so far!! Feeling better each day now, finally. 
  • @jenny0228 Thanks! I go in Friday and then have the weekend off. Somehow I got 4 extra days on leave - I thought I was supposed to go back 5/8 but insurance said 5/12. I'll take it :) My manager told me to just spend the day regaining access to all of our systems. We had a new sales system put in place and new laptops distributed so it's going to be fun getting up to speed. 

Great job on your walk! I hope you will be able to get back into crossfit again if it's something you love. 11 weeks post c section and in kick boxing I am doing burpees, jump squats etc and building up my ab muscles slowly. You will be able to do it!

@kjd291 i can't believe Natalie is already 18 lbs! I bet she is adorable!
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited May 2017
    @kjd291 yes, outside of Philly! NY/Boston aren't too far though maybe there's a race somewhere up around one of those areas? we'll have to also try to convince  @triwellnessgirl to fly east & anyone else who might be up for it too! (btw @triwellnessgirl - hope you're doing well, missed you around here lately!)
    @jenny0228 thank you so much, that sounds awesome!!! and great job on that walk!! So glad you're starting to feel better!!! I also want to start wearing LO more - I have a baby bjorn carrier, an ergo one (that i honestly don't know where it's at? but I got it moreso for when he's older) and a sling thing that I wore him in once so far. I tried to put the sling on again yesterday and completely couldn't figure it out, even with the directions right in front of me & having done it before haha I have to work on that... my guy is such an angry fighter too, I worry he'll hurt himself with his constant punching/scratching, I have to keep his little nails trimmed short to prevent that or put little mittens on him. 
    @korpisar that's amazing you get some extra time off work!! and great job with your workouts too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • npaulienpaulie member
    Haven't had time to do a proper check in, but I am reading everyone else's!! You're all doing so great! Went on a little jog last night and back has been SO sore since. Think I'll stick to the Pilates till my back is stronger. 

Also @kjd291 we actually did just book tickets back to the states for June, but we'll be in KS and CO. No stops on the east coast though
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jenny0228 I probably won't go back to CrossFit.  I also had a c-section.  The primary reason being that the main coaches at our box left and opened an Opex training facility.  DH has been doing training sessions/programming since their move (probably about 4 months now).  I may try to do a few days a week of training to help me get some strength back.  I'm a little afraid to lift anything without supervision at first. I'm super weak from not being able to lift during my pregnancy.
    ****TW****

• edited May 2017
    Awwwww loving all the cute baby pics!!! Cuteness overload!!!!!

@jenn0228 I was so happy to read about Oscar's weight!!! What a healthy eater!!!! That must make you feel so good about decision to go to formula. Rock on, Momma!!!! He's adorable! Also, congrats on lifting that car seat!!!

@kjd291 Oh my goodness.... your Natalie!!!! Loooove her!! Those chubber cheeks are the best!!! And I totally feel ya on that "muffin top" thing, ugh... It feels so gross when I'm working out especially, it gets hard not to get discouraged at times, but I keep reminding myself what that muffin top produced... my love muffin!! Haha ;)

@serenity13 Chase is amazing!! Love his little friar tuck hair do!! Such a sweet boy! Your newborn photo shoot pics from last week's thread made me smile :) And congrats on making it to the weekly breastfeeding support group despite the poopsplosion surprise!!! Evie had a poopsplosion DURING the breastfeeding session today, went right through her diaper and onto the nursing pillow... OOPS!! 

@korpisar Aw,  he's such a happy baby!!! Cutie pie! And congrats on the healthy dinners and workouts!!

@MrsBinPA Hi there!!! Happy to have you here :) Congrats on the clearance!! The Peloton bike seems soooooo cool. My co-worker has one and talks about how great the instructors are, so motivating! 

@npaulie Sorry to hear about your back. Hope it clears up quickly!! And hooray for the upcoming trip. If you get a second, could you share how you are preparing for your upcoming trip with the baby? I was hoping to head out to the East Coast soon but feel a little overwhelmed when I think of traveling with a baby!! TIA!! 

And PS to all... I would totally be down for a FITNESS BUMP GTG RUN!!! ;) wOOt!!!

• kjd291kjd291 member
    Ahhh! All the cute babies <3 remember when we were all talking about how crappy we felt in the first tri and how we weren't sure if we were gonna really be fit mamas? So much has changed! They are finally here!!

@triwellnessgirl glad all is well! Hope you had a wonderful visit and hurrah for at home gyms! That's awesome 
  • @korpisar SUCH a cutie!!

@triwellnessgirl hope you had great visits with family and friends! So great about your garage gym! Sounds like you are doing great getting back to working out and back to crossfit! Yeah! I just downloaded my fitness pal - going to check it out now. And... Evie is such a doll! What a cutie and that hair....she's going to have lovely locks like her mama! 
  • Remember when I wanted to Join this group but then never did anything?? Ha.. I am hoping to officially start Sunday.. it'll be when Luke is exactly two months and I have exactly months to my birthday. 

We're planning on switching to a primal/paleo diet for now just to try it out. Anyone have any recipes??  DH agrees that we need to start eating healthier. I'm going to do the fitness blender's butt and thighs workout program to start. It's only three days a week, so is a little manageable. I just need to figure out a place to do it because my old space turned into the nursery. 

And seriously... if I could ever muster up running again, that would be an amazing motivation to have! I lost a decent amount of weight and felt the best in my life about 3 years ago.. then ended up with knee pain and PT because my left side was weaker and I was running weird. I strengthened that side and started running again and then bought a house and got pregnant and that was that. So many excuses. 

I wish I had more time to answer the actual questions but I have one babe on me that I need to put down so I can go get the other who just woke up from his nap. 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Here is a pic of my hairy little mini cutie.  I wish I knew what she weighs but I suspect a little over 8lbs now.  She has grown so much!

Did a long walk with my neighbor today.  Under ate & am under hydrated yet again ugh!

@triwellnessgirl yay for home CrossFit set-up!  We have one.  Hopefully you can motivate me to get down in my basement and use it!   The Peloton is definitely cool.  I haven't ridden it much because of the rest I had to do during the pregnancy.  I am hoping I can get a ride in tomorrow morning during her morning nap!

****TW****

• npaulienpaulie member
    @jenny0228 oh you'll love Lahinch!! That's so exciting!! 

@triwellnessgirl so we did the 4.5 hour drive today, and I have to say Cían did great!! Although he does love car rides within the city. I made sure to give him a good long feed before we got in the car and had a clean diaper. We stopped twice over the course of the trip (an hour in, and then again in the last half hour) and each time we stopped I'd feed him like 5-10 min per boob and check him for diaper change. He's cry when I put him back in his car seat but as soon as the car started moving again he was out like a light. He only really started crying the last 10/15 min of the trip, but I'm calling that a win!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • npaulienpaulie member
    @ilovealbert thanks for those paleo tips, I'm going to check that out too. 

@shines721 if it makes you feel better I still haven't answered this weeks questions, haha. 

Also jumping on cute baby photo train!! Took him to the outdoor food market last weekend! Also im realizing ALL the things of him on my phone are videos. I need to start taking more actual photos, haha. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ILoveAlbert the Peloton is pretty neat.  I never got to ride it much due to being on and off pelvic rest during the pregnancy.  Maybe 10 times?  I really need to start using it & my CrossFit stuff in the basement.  

I shoukd really give a whole 30 a whirl.  I wish my DH would do it with me,  but it will never happen.  I am fairly convinced he has a gluten sensitivity he is in denial about.

@npaulie that trip definitely sounds like a success to me!
    ****TW****

• 1: How many weeks postpartum? 8 weeks

?
    To keep walking a few days a week and keep eating healthy.
    3: How was last week? About the same...walked with the kids to the park a few times and eating pretty healthy.  Most dinners are a protein, brown rice, salad, and avocado.  I have always loved avocado but right now I can't get enough!  Lunches have been wraps and breakfast is either a yogurt and a bar of some kind or oatmeal.

? Anytime I get them out of the house for a walk I consider it a victory because of my car seat/carrier hating LO.

? I got nothing! Haha! I said I was going to leave LO with DH and go to Target alone last weekend since DS was away with family but I didn't. I have my cousin's wedding coming up in a few weeks and need to find a BF friendly outfit to wear...maybe I will try to make a solo mall trip this weekend.

6: 
    I want to get back to the gym but I'm nervous.  It's funny because it was like my second home for like two years but it's been so long! 
    7: GTKY: we don't talk about our LOs much here--share your favorite memory about them from the past week? I'm afraid to say it but I think she is starting to mellow out a little bit and be a bit happier (she can be pretty grumpy) so just enjoying the quiet alert times when she's content.  Also, DS is really starting to enjoy her now that she's more alert.  He loves her feet and is always taking her socks off to touch them. 
  • @npaulie Yes, check it out....they all have such good tips and recipes.

@MrsBinPA You should try to convince him! It's so much easier if you do it together.  My first Whole 30 hubby did it with my and I think it would've been harder if he didn't. I also have gluten intolerance and have been gluten free for about 12 years.  Hope you can get him on board! 

Also, I am in PA too...about an hour outside of Philly so another PA/East Coast lady here if you find a fun run! Although I'll have to start actually running again first...and I'm slow!

I'll join the cute baby train also!
  • @IloveAlbert @Serenity13 I am fairly certain based on your comments that we are all probably within an hour of each other. 
    ****TW****

• Hey, when the babies get older we could meet up for a play date!  I feel like there was someone else that is from our area too but I can't remember who.
  • Haha so true @kjd291 so much pressure! But it would be fun!
  • I agree!!! It'd be so fun! I'm a little leary though of putting out info publicly on here for a place/time to set something up because I'm paranoid about cyber  security/creepers - is there a way on here to PM a group or could we send our email addresses via PM to one person & then coordinate that way?
    Hope all you fit mamas enjoy your weekend!!! Chase is 1 month today, pretty sure he's the youngest baby in this group so now we all have succeeded in keeping our LOs alive & well for at least a full month, yay!!
    Pregnancy Ticker