August 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 4/27

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 4/27

• Options

How far along are you? 26 weeks

How big is baby? Kale

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope

Any new symptoms or changes? Still sporadic heartburn.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Time is just flying for me right now. I'm sure that'll change but wow, not much time left.

GTKY: What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted? First thing that comes to mind is a LLR Cassie skirt I won via a drawing. I didn't like how it looked in my hip area so I gave it to my Mom for her birthday. She tried it on and liked it. I asked her a few weeks ago if she's worn it and she said she decided it wasn't for her. So she's going to give it to my sister.  :D

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 24 weeks!

How big is baby? Size of a cantaloupe or egg plant..

Upcoming appointments this week? None till 28 weeks - will do my gestational diabetes test then...

Any new symptoms or changes? Sore feet, and ribs hurting. My bras are feeling tight, i switched to these cotton ones, love them! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? There are days I feel bigger, days I feel smaller, is this normal?? Also, at my appt this past Monday, my bump measured at 24cm. Is the bump supposed to align with how far along you are? 

GTKY: What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted? Last year I regifted these candles. I received them in a secret santa for work, and a friend had a house warming party...it worked out! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jacksonbears I'm definitely at the same stage of some days lookin at myself and thinking I'm "small" and other days I think I look "big."  Pregnancy sure does play mind games.  You are not alone. 
    Since I can't attach pictures on mobile, here's a link to a chart on fundal height measurements. https://goo.gl/images/X9gGD3

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @bumpybump I agree that this pregnancy is flying by. I need time to slow down! 

@jacksonbears my OB said about a cm per week, so it sounds like you're right on track. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby? spaghetti squash or coconut 

Upcoming appointments this week? Next US is on Tuesday  

Any new symptoms or changes? heartburn and general discomfort from my ever expanding belly  

Rants/Raves/Questions? none 

GTKY: What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted? I honestly don't think I ever have. Gifts make me feel guilty and I keep everything and try to love it even if I don't. Some things just stay on a shelf for years until I eventually donate. 

• Options
    @bumpybump thanks for sending! This is helpful! Now I can keep measuring myself in between appts...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

How far along are you? 

24 weeks

How big is baby? 

Banana split, pringles can. 

nope

Bellyaches. I feel like my stomach hurts at the end of the day. Seasonal Allergies have also kicked in which is never fun when pregnant.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

It was 84 degree here yesterday and I felt like it was soooooo hot. I am dreading this summer already. 

I was given a few things for my first shower that I regifted. Also, for my son's first birthday we were given a ride on toy (we already owned a ton from when my stepson was little) So I regifted one I couldn't return. My SIL gave us another one last summer that is still in my basement waiting to be regifted. I didn't want to ask her for a receipt to return it because she already hates me. And I have been unable to find out where it's from by doing  a Google search or using redline. 

@jacksonbears I have regifted a candle before too. I get a TON as a teacher, but I can only use so many. I keep them in a cupboard, and burn as needed. But if I ever need a gift in a pinch, they are my go to!

• Options

How far along are you? 

26 weeks, holy crapola! 

How big is baby? 

A bunch of Kale or a bowling pin

Not this week. I had an appointment on Monday to get iron checked. It was normal so they think the culprit of my fatigue is blood pressure

I have been really struggling with deep fatigue. I am not tired, my body just gets really weak and exerted quickly. My heart races, I get light headed and see spots. This makes me really nervous because I have had Pregnancy Induced Hypertension with both, but the onset this time is much earlier.  

Baby doesn't like when I sit or lay in certain positions. He wakes me up at night by kicking me until I change positions. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I am just feeling really overly emotional. I am basically spent by the time dinner is done and so I feel like I am not an active participant in my household and it really upsets me. 

I regifted a toaster I got for my wedding and I have regifted baby gifts that weren't my style. 

• Options

How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby? Spaghetti squash x 2 (twins)

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope

Any new symptoms or changes? Heartburn has become a daily thing, yay

Rants/Raves/Questions? Headed to Kauai Saturday with DH, my 1.5 yo daughter and my MIL and except for the flight, I'm pretty damn excited

GTKY: What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted? Countless mediocre bottles of wine

• Options

How far along are you? 26 weeks

How big is baby? butternut squash. U/S today said baby is measuring 25w6d, 45th percentile, 1 lb 4 oz. 

Upcoming appointments this week? I had my weekly injection appt today as well as my biweekly ultrasound. As mentioned above, I found out how the baby is measuring. I was happy to hear my amniotic fluid level is good at 13 and cervix is still closed and long at 4.38cm 

Any new symptoms or changes? nothing new, but symptoms are worsening. Such as back pain, pubic bone soreness/aches (feels like someone kicked me in the crotch), heart burn, insomnia.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? rant: I can't stand laying on my left side. I have always preferred my right side and back. I think that's part of my insomnia issue.  Rave: I love all the baby movements, as well as watching her today hiccup and yawn. It all makes me fall more in love with her. 

GTKY: What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted? drawing a blank here. But possibly a baby item. I did give away a bunch of things from my first child and I think some things were tagged or in packages. 

• Options

How far along are you? 

26 weeks!

How big is baby? 

14 inches

Had one earlier this week. Did the glucola thing. Bleh. Tasted like an Orange Fanta with too much sugar. my results came in at 111 mg, but didn't say positive of negative for diabetes on the results. I guess they would have told me by now if I had it right?

My belly is aching sometimes. Nothing severe. I imagine its just stretching and such. Still uncomfortable at times. Weather over 80 degrees now feels extremely hot to me. My bump has popped out now and it is ALL front. I can't reach low anymore. They got me a claw grabber at work! Haha!

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Work has been getting very difficult recently. We are under-staffed in Accounting, Records, and Administration so they have been having me (the receptionist) pick up the extra slack until they hire people. I've essentially been doing 4 jobs... for over a month. I'm mentally crashing at the end of every day. I'm so fried when I get home that I don't feel like doing anything except sitting and staring at a wall. If there was a time to have a glass of wine at the end of the day to wind down, it's now, and I can't!

Mostly clothes that I have gotten from my MIL. She loves shopping and giving me clothes. For a while most of the stuff she got me was too small, or I just didn't like them, so they went to other people. It's gotten better now though.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Feliciosity your level is normal. 
  • Options
    DeansGirl14DeansGirl14 member
    edited April 2017

How far along are you? 26

How big is baby? Kale. Lame, I hate kale

GTKY: What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted? Nothing! Hah! I have a small family so there's probably a lot less opportunity for "good lord Aunt June has no idea my personal taste..."

Edit to add- oh wait, like @leah821 I have re-gifted bottles of wine too! We had a housewarming last year and wine is very traditionally a gift. We're ever-so-slightly snotty about wine (like, we buy stuff in the $15-$30 range) and a few bottles of Barefoot and Yellow Tail were later passed to my best friend who likes that stuff. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 24 weeks

How big is baby? Cantaloupe

Upcoming appointments this week? Not this week.

Any new symptoms or changes? I've started walking 4-5 miles a day and I seem to be less achy now when I wake up.

Rants/Raves/Questions? DH and the kids felt baby boy kicking for the first time a few nights ago.  <3

GTKY: What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted? Off the top of my head I can't think of anything specific but I know when DH and I got married we got repeat gifts (like multiple toasters and stuff) that I re-gifted later. 

Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 25

How big is baby? Cauliflower

Upcoming appointments this week? No

Any new symptoms or changes? Besides constant heartburn (burning from under my ribs all the way up), I've felt like I've had morning sickness again the last few days.  What?!?  I thought I was over this!
    Also, I have a connective tissue disorder and it seems to be hating me this week too.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Got a box of newborn outfits from my grandma yesterday.  These tiny socks make me want to meet my little man even more! <3

GTKY: What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted? I can't think of anything specific, but I TOTALLY do it and have no shame in doing it at all :)  

• Options
    I have a question that I forgot to put on my post yesterday. Has anyone ever had lumps develop in their lower armpits? Sorry if it's TMI, but I have been getting little lumps on and off for the last month. They have all been fairly small, and they go away within 2 or 3 days. I just took tylenol and applied warm compresses and they go away. Yesterday I got this larger lump (about size of a pea). It is hard at center and a little sore to the touch. I did some research online and some are saying its a milk production thing (being close to 3rd Tri)? Before I go and spend $20 at urgent care I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    @Feliciosity I haven't experienced that but I know my OB has a nurses line (and I can also email via an online portal). Can you reach out to your doctor/their team before going to urgent care?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 I tried doing that. I have yet to hear back from my emails. My advice center frequently doesn't give advice (ironic) but says "oh it may be nothing, but you should come in just in case". But no appointments are available in the near future, of course. I am just trying to see if I should wait a couple of days for a change before I spend $20 for urgent care to tell me its nothing...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Feliciosity did you get it figured out? I remember having armpit issues while nursing, but I don't recall it during pregnancy. So it could be milk related like you said, but maybe keep looking into it incase it's not. Does it seem similar to a cyst? 
  • Options
    @feliciosity I am so glad you had it checked out! And glad that it's something easily treated (with stinky medicine.)