August 2017 Moms
Options

*Sunday* ticker change 4/30

How far along are you & how big is baby?   

Upcoming appointments?   

Symptoms?  

Cravings?  

Rants/Raves/Questions?   

GTKY: How is the weather where you live (right now/this week)?   
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: *Sunday* ticker change 4/30

• Options
    NxyNxy member
    edited April 2017
    How far along are you & how big is baby?  25 weeks and the size of a baseball glove supposedly 

Upcoming appointments?   Just had my sugar test Friday and an ultrasound to check his heart. Everything looks good so far 

Symptoms?  Heartburn  still but I got a prescription for Zantac from my doc Friday just have to run it to base tomorrow. 

Cravings?  Is sleep a craving?? Fruit and sweets 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Anyone have experience with going to the chiropractor while pregnant? My doc suggested acupuncture for my nerve pain but I'm not very comfortable with that. Thought maybe a chiropractor would be less scary. 

GTKY: How is the weather where you live (right now/this week)?   It got up to 64 today and tomorrow is right back to low 50's and rain. One day of sunshine that's it. That's spring. Move along.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nxy said:
    How far along are you & how big is baby?   25 weeks and a cabbage 

Upcoming appointments?   Next week

Symptoms?  Achy back, heartburn

Cravings?  Peanut Butter M&Ms. I may have bought myself a family pack...for myself. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?   My back has been feeling pretty good lately so I got a lot of cleaning done yesterday. 

GTKY: How is the weather where you live (right now/this week)?   A combo of rainy and sunny. This has been an insanely rainy spring and I can't wait until it's dry.  
    @Nxy I've been going to a chiropractor since my car accident in January. I've also been getting massages at the same appointment. It's seemed to be helpful and relieve pain. I will say the substitute chiro I had was way harsher in his adjustments. I like my younger usual chiro that's more gentle. Gets the job done without scaring me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you & how big is baby? 25 weeks. Cabbage   

Upcoming appointments?   GD test this Wednesday 

Symptoms?  Will having a pain over my left ovary. 

Cravings?  Sweets. Ice cream especially 

Rants/Raves/Questions?   Going to the beach this upcoming weekend. Can't wait!

GTKY: How is the weather where you live (right now/this week)?   Looking at some storms this afternoon. It was over 85 yesterday. August will be fun. 
  • Options
    23 weeks! I'm feeling like his kicks are less wind up windmills and more like he's starting to fill up the space more.

Upcoming appointments?   
    None. 

Symptoms?  
    I'm a crabby, crabby ass lately. My temper is getting pretty short. 

Cravings?  
    I'd kill for a relaxing weekend.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I finally got around to ordering a clarisonic again and even after two days I'm noticing a positive difference in my skin.

Yesterday was hot in the mid-80's, but it's cooled down and now we're having a pretty nice overcast spring day today. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    22 weeks- a coconut

Upcoming appointments?   Anatomy Scan on Wednesday- finally. We had a selective US a month ago to find out sex. It's a boy! Yay! I'm really looking forward to seeing baby boy again!

Symptoms?  Heartburn. :(

Cravings?  All the meat. Which is crazy for me as I'm not a big meat eater at all.

Rants/Raves/Questions?   Would you go to a distant cousins wedding 4 hours away at 36 weeks? (I'm leaning towards no, as like i said we are not close in our relationship and it's not close in distance).

GTKY: How is the weather where you live (right now/this week)?  It is suppose to be rainy all week.

• Options
    @Nxy no personal experience but I have friends who have sworn acupuncture was a huge help during their pregnancies. I've been debating going to a chiropractor or acupuncturist to help with a VBAC but that's a bit different. 

@maebee87 no, I would not travel 4 hrs for someone I'm not even close to at 36 weeks. I traveled (flew) for work up to 34 weeks but cut it off from there. Have you asked your OB/Midwife their feelings?  I believe mine say not to travel out of the area once you hit 36 weeks. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @maebee87 I echo @bumpybump I wouldn't plan to travel 4 hours away at 36 weeks. My doctor requests that I be within 2 hours of my birth hospital after the 36 week mark. 
  • Options
    @bumpybump and @PinkPrincessPiper thanks for the responses! I don't want to go at all. My MIL is having a fit that I'm not likely to go- "family is so important, guilt trip, blah blah blah" I have a doc appointment this week so I'll check with Doc but I wanted to see what other Aug17 Moms would do. :)
  • Options
    @maebee87 I wouldn't go. Just have your doctor say you can't, I bet they will if you ask. 
  • Options
    @maebee87 I'd pass on attending that wedding. Four hours away at 36 weeks is too far out of the comfort zone. Especially because you're not particularly close to this cousin. Send your regrets with a nice gift and you'll be fine.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    @maebee87 I agree just don't go. If it was someone you were really close with it might be more of a wait and see situation but distant family is more of a hard pass for me. 

Thanks for the chiro advice ladies! I've never been to one at all so going pregnant scares me a little. Acupuncture in a foreign country also scares me  :D 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    maebee87 said:
    @bumpybump and @PinkPrincessPiper thanks for the responses! I don't want to go at all. My MIL is having a fit that I'm not likely to go- "family is so important, guilt trip, blah blah blah" I have a doc appointment this week so I'll check with Doc but I wanted to see what other Aug17 Moms would do. :)
    Is she forgetting that you are carrying a part of the future of your family? Your LO arriving safely and your health are the only things that can guarantee that. I'd throw that back at her :)

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

24 weeks! (Yayyy!!!) and a cantaloupe!

Upcoming appointments?   

Glucose test on the 19th!

Symptoms?  

Man...Braxton Hicks like WHOA! And heartburn. Extra-tired this week. Swelling at the end of the day.

Cravings? 

Nothing in particular...so weird! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?   

I'm worrying that this baby is going to come
    early. I don't like the amount of Braxton Hicks I'm having. Paired with the fact that when they happen, on occasion they are combined with a major hot flash and racing heart. This was not a similar experience with either of my past pregnancies. My doctor checked my cervix last week and all was well, so I'm trying to not worry. 

Bipolar! They keep saying we'll get these terrible storms...but we don't. 85 degrees one day, 50 the next. Yuck! Ready for warm weather!
  • Options
    dma0389dma0389 member
    Late by a day but hey...Sunday's are always so busy

24 weeks (+1 day since it's monday lol)

Upcoming appointments?   This thursday 5/4 for 24 wk appt

Symptoms?  Random Charlie Horse cramps and had one instance of braxton hicks on the lower right side on Sunday 

Cravings?  I wanted fried catfish the other day. Very random! But I always want an Avocado egg toast with pesto, sprouts, and on wheat bread!

Rants/Raves/Questions?   Nursery was painted this past friday, my DH & my brother set up the furniture (crib, chair, and dresser drawer w/mirror) on saturday, and we put the neutral gender clothing from my DS into upcoming baby girl's new drawer. Lots of white onesies we kept from DS that can be reused for baby girl. Now just waiting for the paintings and wall art to come in the mail/etsy so we can add the final touches.

GTKY: How is the weather where you live (right now/this week)?   It's North Florida, it's bipolar. It can range between high 50's to low 90s. Highs are 86 this week and rain showers randomly. Always have to be prepared here.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dma0389 Your avocado toast sounds ah-mazing. 
  • Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    How far along are you & how big is baby?   25 weeks - a prairie dog

Upcoming appointments?   None this week although I need to get in this week for the glucose test - I was going to go Saturday but we ended up being busy so I'll shoot for Thursday or Saturday again.

Symptoms?  Not many lately - constipation never really leaves but I doesn't bother me much anymore.

Cravings?  Sweets! I'm trying hard not to give in much!

Rants/Raves/Questions?   We picked out our car seat (Nuna Pipa) last week - even though it's early, kind of nice to know that it's ready to go when it's needed and that purchase is out of the way. We can also now take it to the Prenatal Classes in May we have to double check our install techniques. Classes are also early but will be nice to have the time to research a bit more after learning what's to come in the classes - also, they next set was late July and I didn't want to wait hehe.

GTKY: How is the weather where you live (right now/this week)? Rainy!! Hopefully last of the "April Showers". But its been a warm spring so far so I'll take it :)
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    23 weeks - grapefruit 

Upcoming appointments?   
    Not for another few weeks.

Symptoms?  
    Braxton Hicks have picked up.  Also, it's a little strange to describe, but when I'm sitting, I've been feeling like do when I'm stretching my sides and lower back.  It's hard to get completely comfortable.

Cravings?  
    Fruit and sweets especially chocolate.

Rants/Raves/Questions?   
    I haven't been overly hormonal, but I had a meltdown yesterday over almost nothing.  I think being exhausted and hungry were the main contributors.  I don't like not being able to keep my emotions in check.

It was warm on Saturday and much cooler yesterday.  It will be around 70 early this week and then get cooler.  I just want it to stay comfortable and at least be sunny on the weekends.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    Braxton hicks ladies make sure you are getting enough water. I recall dehydration being a huge contributor to my BH last time 
    BabyFruit Ticker